PDA

View Full Version : Location, location, location! (or "Where is everyone from?")

TeeEye7
10-31-2001, 08:02 AM
SSG is an international event!

Anyone ever figure out how many countries are represented by posters on the forums?

I know we have representatives from:
Canada
USA
Mexico
UK
Australia
Germany
Indonesia
Holland
Who else is out there?

Also how many of the 50 US states are represented? Too many folks are shy about giving a 'generic' location in their bios. Sound off! :)

stillakid
10-31-2001, 09:14 AM
Encino, CA USA:cool:

Obi-Don
10-31-2001, 09:19 AM
Lagrange,Ga. USA

bigbarada
10-31-2001, 09:32 AM
El Paso, TX USA!!! :cool:

master jedi
10-31-2001, 01:29 PM
Lawton, Ia. USA

USA ROCKS!!!

JediCole
10-31-2001, 03:05 PM
Arlington, Texas
in the U.S. of A.

Fulit
10-31-2001, 07:04 PM
Little Rock, Arkansas. No Bill references please. ;)

Jargo
10-31-2001, 07:32 PM
Well the UK is technically the 51st state of America or at least an annexe. :) :D :p

stillakid
10-31-2001, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
Well the UK is technically the 51st state of America or at least an annexe. :) :D :p
Wouldn't it really be the -1, since we all came from there originally?:confused:

GNT
11-01-2001, 12:25 AM
To many people come live in the USA in my opinion ;)

Eternal Padawan
11-01-2001, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by stillakid

Wouldn't it really be the -1, since we all came from there originally?:confused:

Uhhh...My ancestors came from Hungary, not that creepy little island. And don't forget about the millions of european immigrants, and asian immigrants, and every other country's immigrants who came to America. We did not ALL "come from there"

(But I would like to visit.:p :D )

stillakid
11-01-2001, 02:11 PM
Oh brother. I knew somebody would get all literal on me. You knew what I meant for god's sake. If not, I'll spell it out: let's see, who did we fight in the Revolutionary War so that this could be the United States? Hmm?

Bel-Cam Jos
11-01-2001, 07:22 PM
As a history teacher-in-training, stillakid, I can tell you that in the Revolutionary War we fought Prussia. :p

Take my classes if you want to learn what really happened!

I'm 50% Italian; does that count for half credit?

Mandalorian Candidat
11-01-2001, 07:49 PM
Damn! I thought this was a thread for real estate investments. I was going to try to sell some prime Californian post-earthquake beachfront property to GNT. ;)

Eternal Padawan
11-01-2001, 07:50 PM
uh oh. Somebody needs to take an Icon of Shame (if we still had 'em) for not knowing their Revolutionary War history.;) :p

master jedi
11-01-2001, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by Fulit
Little Rock, Arkansas. No Bill references please. ;)

Ok. How about William references?

GNT
11-02-2001, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by Mandalorian Candidat
I was going to try to sell some prime Californian post-earthquake beachfront property to GNT. ;)

Sold!

I wouldn't mind living in the US as I would have the chance to get new action figures instead of all the pegwarmers all the time :(

Fulit
11-02-2001, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by master jedi

Ok. How about William references?

Him too.

master jedi
11-02-2001, 12:18 PM

Him too.

Ok. Just Clinton jokes.

Fulit
11-02-2001, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by master jedi

Ok. Just Clinton jokes.

Yeah, just Clin.......D'OH!

Bel-Cam Jos
11-02-2001, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
uh oh. Somebody needs to take an Icon of Shame (if we still had 'em) for not knowing their Revolutionary War history.;) :p

Kidding! Of course I know we beat Yemen in that great war of 1676! :p p.s. Without IOS, we (read: I) use BSLOS instead.

??

Go ahead. Ask me.

Lobito
11-07-2001, 03:41 PM
México City...Biggest and most polluted City in the world!!!:D

Hey, i love history also!!:)

Eternal Padawan
11-07-2001, 04:18 PM
Erm....Bill Shatner's Loogie Of Shame??:( :D

OK I give....What's a BSLOS?

(I know this is gonna be painful....)

Bel-Cam Jos
11-12-2001, 04:38 PM
BSLOS are "Bad Song Lyrics of Shame," which have taken the place of IOS, or "Icons of Shame." Used when an error is made, such as calling Luke "Red 4" or saying ROJ is the best SW film. :D

An example:

"... I get stupid
I shoot an arrow like cupid.
I use a word [something something]
like lupid..."

Bad Song plus Bad Song Lyrics. :eek:

El Chuxter
11-12-2001, 04:55 PM
Oh, kinda like if I was to say something stupid, I could then say:

Deadly when I play a dope melody
Anything less than the best is a felony

Anyone care to admit knowing what song that's from? :evil:

Oh, yeah. I'm in a little city called Redlands, CA--close enough to LA to drive there, but not close enough to worry about getting caught in traffic for cops chasing a white Bronco carrying a washed-up football star.

Rollo Tomassi
11-12-2001, 06:40 PM
Do they have to be original lyrics?

GNT
11-13-2001, 02:24 AM
Originally posted by Bel-Cam Jos
"... I get stupid
like lupid..."

Man thats bad :) :eek:

Fulit
11-13-2001, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by El Chuxter

Deadly when I play a dope melody
Anything less than the best is a felony

Anyone care to admit knowing what song that's from? :evil:

I do. My stepsister loved Robbie Van Winkle, aka, Vanilla Ice.

If you think that's bad, the other day I realized I still know all the words to Digital Underground's, "The Humpty Dance". :rolleyes:

Bel-Cam Jos
11-13-2001, 06:58 PM
If you think that's bad, the other day I realized I still know all the words to Digital Underground's, "The Humpty Dance". :rolleyes:

GNT, that's the song where those "man that's bad" lyrics came from.

El Chuxter
11-13-2001, 07:05 PM
Ah. . . I recognize it now. :)

And you know what else?

I like my oatmeal lumpy! :D

JediTricks
11-14-2001, 06:52 AM

"... I get stupid
like lupid...""something something" = "that don't mean nuthin'"

I wish I could say I didn't know that by heart... :D

Darth Ovori
04-29-2002, 05:07 PM
Kurious to see what part of the world are the SW fans here from...

I stay in Rotterdam, Holland... (But I'm not Dutch)

BanthaPoodoo
04-29-2002, 05:11 PM
M, I, crooked letter, crooked letter, I, crooked letter, crooked letter, I, hump back, hump back, I

right now in Mississippi......... (although I've lived throughout the US in the past 25 years)

Pendo
04-29-2002, 05:37 PM
I'm from the land of the scouse! The home of "The Beatles", and a great little place called Anfield :). I'm from Liverpool in the United Kingdom :D

PENDO!

Dryanta
04-29-2002, 05:50 PM
Winthrop Maine.USA Don't know where that is?Don't worry, no one else does either.Including me sometimes.:)

Darth Ovori
04-29-2002, 05:52 PM
Pendo, are rooting for Michael Owen at the World Cup... ???

DeadEye
04-29-2002, 06:02 PM
Leavenworth, Kansas since July.

Lived in Germany for 12 years. *cough*hellhole*cough*

Jargo
04-29-2002, 06:27 PM
I hope Beckham still has foot problems and litle michael Owen gets to captain the England side. Don't like football but I like michael owen and hope he does well for himself and you can't really do better than captain the national side can you?

Anyways, I'm over the river mersey from Pendo on the Wirral peninsula. Unfortunately not the nicest part :( Wirral is just a spit of land with not much going on. Plenty of famous people have come from the Wirral but I can't think of anyone right now exept Wilfred Owen the world war one poet. And Glenda Jackson the actress. Anyways, That's where I am and have been for yonks. :)

chewie
04-29-2002, 06:29 PM
West Virginia, USA.

Lobito
04-29-2002, 06:39 PM
Mexico City:D

187-Maul
04-29-2002, 07:18 PM
was born in germany, lived there my first 1 1/2 years, then moved to Holland (Wassenaar, near the hague) and moved to Garches (near Paris) in summer 2001 (last summer)
but I speak german with my parents and go to a german school don't even think I'm dutch or anything cause I don't really like them (although I attended a dutch kindergarden and speak fluend(sp?) dutch)

Mandalorian Candidat
04-29-2002, 07:29 PM
I'm from SoCal (Long Beach area) but relocated to Utah to go to grad school. I miss the good weather. :cry:

Dar' Argol
04-29-2002, 09:12 PM
psssst! Are the Wal-Mart demons lurking around here??? I can't be too specific b/c of the amount of "inside" WM info I have given out but, I am in southern PA.

Remember, big blue is watching you.

Eternal Padawan
04-30-2002, 12:08 AM
This was all covered in the "Location, location, location" thread back in the day. But it seems people would rather start new threads then use a perfectly good thread already in existence.

(sigh) Iowa...a good golf swing away from Illinois

Dark Knight
04-30-2002, 12:35 AM
I have lived up and down the eastern sea board sometime or another. Right now I stuck in South Carolina.

:rolleyes: :) :evil:

SithDroid
04-30-2002, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
Iowa...a good golf swing away from Illinois

Omaha, NE ... a good golf swing away from Iowa.:D

I've lived here for almost all my life except for the short time I lived in Marina Del Rey, California.

bigbarada
04-30-2002, 03:14 AM
Alamogordo, NM -- about an hour and a half north of the Mexican border. Ironically enough, I have never been to Mexico.

JetsAndHeels
04-30-2002, 08:59 AM
Wendell, North Carolina. It is about 8 miles from Raleigh. So basically it is Raleigh.

JediTricks
04-30-2002, 04:33 PM
Los Angeles, CA

EP, I was gonna merge this thread to that one, but I can't find it anymore. Perhaps it was only in the old forums? I don't think that's it, but I can't find it...

Bel-Cam Jos
04-30-2002, 07:46 PM
I am, after all, the Official Bootleg Sir Steve's Guide to Star Wars Collectibles Prospector! Lemme see...
[insert hyperlink here: All too easy... (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1556&perpage=10&pagenumber=1) ]

But as to the question, if you check my "Location" notation by my avatar, I'm from Chandrilla, in the Core Worlds. Some people call it Alta Loma, a sub-section of Rancho Cucamonga, about 40 miles east of Los Angeles, in the southern part of California, a member of the United States of America, occupying the North American continent in the western hemisphere of the planet Earth (also called Terra) in the Sol solar system of the Milky Way galaxy. Or something like that... :rolleyes:

dirtybones
05-01-2002, 10:24 AM
Hey Mandalorian Candidat, I miss that weather too!!
I left Huntington Beach to come to Minnesota. Man that was smart hun? Go Raiders!!

Bosskman
05-01-2002, 10:48 AM
I'm from the Canadian Province of New Brunswick. For people who don't know where that is, it's rite in between Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island and the US State of Maine. For people who still don't know where that is, I'd say just north-east of the north-east corner of the US.

Darth Ovori
05-01-2002, 11:06 AM
Chill Eternal Padawan...

Have'nt you thought that maybe searching for a post similar to mine could take time... And if it was'nt made I guess I wasted half a day searching for it...

Dryanta
05-01-2002, 11:07 AM
Bosskman is just North of me. see previous post for exact? location :)

JEDIpartner
05-01-2002, 02:50 PM
Born in Cleveland, OH
Lived in Richmond Heights, OH (1967-70)
Lived in Mentor, OH (1970-74)
Lived in Novelty, OH (1974-95)
Live in Lakewood, OH (1995-now)

Lakewood is full of homes built at the turn of the 20th Century. There is a large Middle Eastern population there now, but there are still many Hungarians who've stayed in the area. There are quite a few of us "queers" there... but, PLEASE don't confuse us with those who live in the area's "Gay Ghetto"... that's really the western edge of Cleveland that borders the eastern edge of Lakewood! :D

JediTricks
05-02-2002, 02:10 AM
I am, after all, the Official Bootleg Sir Steve's Guide to Star Wars Collectibles Prospector! Lemme see...
[insert hyperlink here: All too easy... (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1556&perpage=10&pagenumber=1) ]

But as to the question, if you check my "Location" notation by my avatar, I'm from Chandrilla, in the Core Worlds. Some people call it Alta Loma, a sub-section of Rancho Cucamonga, about 40 miles east of Los Angeles, in the southern part of California, a member of the United States of America, occupying the North American continent in the western hemisphere of the planet Earth (also called Terra) in the Sol solar system of the Milky Way galaxy. Or something like that... :rolleyes: Nice find Bel-Cam, merge in process!

Ovori, don't sweat EP's less-than-cordial comments, he's just bitter 'cause Rollo didn't win Miss SSG Congeniality once again. ;)

Bel-Cam Jos
05-02-2002, 12:03 PM
by JediTricks
Ovori, don't sweat EP's less-than-cordial comments, he's just bitter 'cause Rollo didn't win Miss SSG Congeniality once again. ;)
But he did get first runner-up, I heard! :rolleyes:

JediTricks
05-02-2002, 09:22 PM
"Almost" is for horseshoes and handgrenades. :D

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
05-05-2002, 12:53 AM
I think I was made and assembled in a factory somewhere in the Midwest. My parents ordered me from a Service Merchandise catalog.

No, all kidding aside I was born in Buffalo, NY and have most of my life in a city north of Buffalo called Lockport.

darth maul rat
05-06-2002, 01:49 AM
The Rat is in Indianpolis, IN. You guys now know where that is, right?