PDA

View Full Version : Do you believe?

James Boba Fettfield
10-30-2002, 10:41 PM
I'm bored and looking for some discussion. I just want to hear some opinions of some of the things you might believe in. For example, ghosts, extra terrestrial life, reincarnation, or any of that spooky stuff. Yeah, so....any volunteers on what you believe.

James Boba Fettfield
10-30-2002, 10:44 PM
I'll answer my own post. I believe in ghosts and anything related to the ghost area. Granted I never had any first hand experience with any of it to make me a firm believer, but I just do. Now for monsters out there like Yeti, Big Foot, and that monsters who terrorizes the Latinos, I am not so sure I believe they exist. Aliens, yeah, I believe there's some intelligent life out there. So...I'll post more as this topic grows.

Jedi Master Silas
10-30-2002, 11:00 PM
I never believed in ghosts until my Mother bought a house that was 115 years old in the historical district in my hometown. I heard stories of ghostly things, sightings etc..but check this out. One morning I was sitting on the the stairs on the top floor of her home with my dog and her dog beside me. All of a sudden the dogs took off down the stairs like bats out of hell and within the same second I felt cold air (but it wasnt blowing cold air) and I saw a face, neck and torso..I took off down those stairs falling jumping....now my dog was so scared she jumped on top of my Grandfather who was handicapped, which is something my dog HAD NEVER DONE, shacking. Now let me say I at the time was an officer on a K9 unit and my dog was a working dog and I had never seen fear in her like that before.They say animals react with sences we humans could never have so I think thats why they reacted before I did. After that little events became more common and you would see things..at times more then one person would be at the bottom of the stairs and see a being or figure...you would walk in the house and feel cold spots with no explanation. One other thing happen that I cannot explain and dont evenwant to try because there is no sane explanation.. As far as everything else like UFO's I'd really have to see somehting that convinced me although my Great Uncle said when he was in the Air Force he saw things all kinds of crazy things which made him believe there was something out there. We supposedly have the Mothman here in West Virginia and the Braxton County Monster, which resembles Bigfoot. The folks who say they have saw the Mothman are down to earth legit folks so I dont know what to make of that but the BC Monster seems more like folklore.....but I'll let you know if I see him while we are Trout fishing in the backwoods.

Thanks for the very cool topic James :)

James Boba Fettfield
10-30-2002, 11:25 PM
I wish I could have some kind of strange and unexplainable encounter. In my life, I have never had anything like that happen to me. Then again, I don't know anyone close to me who has died and our house is new, so there is no reason for me to be even having such encounters. The one place I want to visit is the idle prison that was used for the filming of The Shawshank Redemption. It's in Ohio, so I am in the same state with it. That place is supposed to have a bad creepy feeling to it and it would be my dream to just go and walk through it. Preferably alone.

Jedi Master Silas
10-30-2002, 11:36 PM
James...come on down here to West Virginia to my Mothers old home and check it out after my Grandfather passed away she moved to Illinois and it's been empty ever since....

James Boba Fettfield
10-30-2002, 11:47 PM
Maybe after I get out of college I'll check it out. That's about 5 years away, so don't expect me anytime soon. (actually it's just a clever guise to avoid having any run ins with the said grandfather) I'll stick to my wanting to meet dead prison inmates and that mysterious black shadowed figure who meets people on some highway here in Ohio.

James Boba Fettfield
10-30-2002, 11:53 PM
Never mind about that Ohio Prison I wanted to visit. I just read it got demolished in 1998. But the good news is I found some places right here on the Ohio State campus that have some history to them.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-30-2002, 11:53 PM
K, get comfy, cause my reply might be lengthy:

Ghost encounter #1- I've always had a fascination for the paranormal. Ever since I was a kid, I enjoyed reading about these things as well as trying to experience some for myself. I grew out of most of it, but I always have loved the unexplained. I've had 2 ghost encounters that are post worthy: one evening while i was a party at my friends house, his mum asked my friend graham and myself to go get some corn from across the street. So, we went across the road to the cornfield, got some corn and our way back, i saw something floating above me. I stopped in my tracks and just started at it. It was probably like 5-6 diagnolly above me. All i saw was a torso, no legs. The person, looked like man, was wearing old torn up Civil War era clothes, like a Northern style army outfit, but it was very very torn at the bottom. It looked like the guy had some sort of hat too. I started for probably about 10-15 seconds and I yelled, "Graham Graham!! look!!" and he shot his head up, but i had reacted too late, it was gone.

My second ghostworthy encounter occured at a video store i worked at in columbus. We had always heard noises and weird stuff like stuff falling over by itself wasn't uncommon at night and to this day, one of my co-workers believes he saw something with "yellow" eyes in the storage room; i believe him, cause he was very pale and kinda shaken when he told me. Anyway, I was the closing manager that night. My help had done their work early, so i let them leave at midnight and i went to the cash office to count the deposit and stuff. I had done the usual cash procedure, had locked the safe and was heading to do the paperwork at the PC at the front of the store and as i was walking up front, I saw something. Now, i was walking between the new release DVD wall and a regular stack of shelves, so, there was like 8 feet between (trying to give you a visual idea). I was walking on the side closet to the new release wall and i glanced to my left and i saw this guy walking on the other side of the shelves. He was walking towards me his head facing slightly downward. I stopped and kinda stood there, but he kept walking. He looked at me briefly and i saw it was an old man, and bust this: he politely smiled and he tipped his hat to me. It looked like an outfit worn from the 1920's to the 30's. Like the sort of style casual suit they wore back then. I stood there, shocked and as quickly as it happened, he was gone. I walked quickly up to the computer and started doing the paperwork, but i was shaking. As i was doing it, my manager pulled up and unlocked the doors and grabbed his briefcase he had forgotten. He noticed i was looking rather shocked, as well as shaking and asked if i was alright. I told him i had seen something very very odd tonight.

I just got a mean case of the chills while typing that. The first story was several years ago while the second story was probably just around a year, so i can still see the gentleman, tipping his hat to me.

As for UFO's, where i live in OH (when not in school) is relatively in the country. On a clear night, we have beautiful starry skies and my neighbor always claimed he would see "funny lights" and strange stuff. So, myself and my friend dave said we'd "watch the sky" one late night. so, we head bcak onto my porch about 2 am and my neighbor, Tom met us. We chatted and we could see, flashing lights, zigging around the sky. After watching the sky, weather permitting, we were getting better at distinguishing planes from non-planes, but one night, something very odd happened. It was really cold and my friend dave and i had snuck out of his house to walk to my neighbors. We were watching the sky and suddenly, this HUGE triangular shaped appeared above us, all these blinking lights. I'm not good at juding feet from the ground, but it was close. It hovered for a minute and then sped off. Within about 20 seconds, 2 fighter jets sped overhead. The three of us stood there, freaked. Dave and I said "goodnight, tom" and he said, "yeah, i hear that" and we ran back to Dave's. Last time we ever watched the sky.

Sorry for the long response, just something i'm a firm believer in. :D

James Boba Fettfield
10-31-2002, 12:17 AM
Well, I've done the research about my university. There's not much happening here, except for the first university president is said to haunt the tower he used to read in. The bad thing is that the building is under repairs, including the said tower. Most of the other stories involved similar things about people haunting certain buildings. One story did catch my eye, it was the story of a professor who committed suicide on campus many years ago. Now a building called Pomerene Hall is built over the location of where his body was found. Story goes the professor's wife ended up blaming Ohio State for her husband killing himself, so she ends up dying years later. Supposedly her ghost is supposed to haunt Mirror Lake, and the ghost of her husband is supposed to haunt Pomerene Hall. Both of these locations are next to each other and they are about 5 minutes from my residence hall here. I think I know how I am spending my Halloween evening tomorrow night.

Jedi Master Silas
10-31-2002, 12:44 AM
Hey Jmg I didnt see any legs with my umm spirit/ghost either...did you feel cold air also????

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-31-2002, 12:53 AM
JMS- Yes, i did actually. Any time there is a sudden burst of cold air, that is a spirit moving through you. Some nights back home I would be watching TV with my dog (when she was still around) and i'd get very cold and my dog would get up, come next to me and just stare into space. It was always funny cause animals can sense/see things humans can't, and sometimes she would growl and her fur would stand up and she'd position herself to protect me or other times, she'd wag her tail and get a ball or something. I've felt random cold spurts around my house and out walking sometimes. It's guaranteed to startle you.

Here at OU we have an old mental hospital. I've heard lots of stories, but I haven't been there yet. Everybody always bows out when we say we're gonna go. I wanna go!!! :D

Jedi Master Silas
10-31-2002, 01:34 AM
OK guys I'm gettin' the heeby geebys! LOL I'm not a big ghost buff and I dont mind at all if I never have a ghostly experience again but talk to most folks and they say the same things you and I have said...the cold spots etc....did you ever have items moved without and explaination???

EricRG
10-31-2002, 02:44 AM
Aliens, maybe. Ghosts, no. Spirits, yes.

Pendo
10-31-2002, 06:58 AM
I used to believe in ghosts but I don't believe in them. I swear that I seen a ghost, yet I still don't believe in them - it's very strange :crazed:.

I believe in Aliens, abductions, UFO's, etc... anything along those lines. I'm actually interested in all that Ufology stuff, it's very interesting :D.

PENDO!

gibbspaulus
10-31-2002, 07:11 AM
My other half was in his room when he was about 13. He looked out and a guy in a victorian poiceman's unifrom was staring from the pavement across the street at him - and kept staring. After half an hour of keep checking and the guy still being there Steve ran downstairs to his Mother and said ' There's a man staring atr the house and I don't like it' His mother tah nasked if he looked like an old policeman!

Turns out she'd often see him sat at their kitchen table, or walking across the room and hadn't mentioned it so as not to scare the kids!

Rogue II
10-31-2002, 08:14 AM
I don't know what to believe. I don't really believe in all the UFO stuff....ghost and spirits, maybe. Loch Ness Monster: no. Yeti: no. But I didn't believe CHiPs existed either until I moved to California. My mom told me not to believe what I saw on TV.

By the way, what's a Mothman? Is it anything like Arthur from "The Tick"?

Pendo
10-31-2002, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by Rogue II
By the way, what's a Mothman? Is it anything like Arthur from "The Tick"?

A Mothman is half moth, half man, hence the word Mothman :rolleyes::D!!!

The Mothman was a creature spotted in West Virginia. Here (http://www.prairieghosts.com/moth.html)'s some info on it that I found floating around the wed :).

The mothman is also something that I believe in, I think it is probably and alien creature which found it's way to earth. Probably a pet belonging to an alien on a UFO or something, I don't think it is an intelligent creature, something like a cow :rolleyes:. To be honest I don't know what it is, but it's probably not from this world... (that kinda sounds like a cheesy Sci-fi movie :D)

PENDO!

Jargo
10-31-2002, 09:46 AM
The old lady who used to own our house died here in the front bedroom. I get visits from her at night around two in the morning. I can't see here but when she comes into the room i get a tingle down my spine and the room goes stone cold. She isn't malevolent and just stands there by the door giving off a feeling of disapproval that there's people in her house. She probably doesn't like that we moved stuff around and disturbed her peace and quiet. Don't get many visits just regularly on the same day of every month she does this. Since she's harmless i don't feel scared sleeping in that room all alone but i do feel a bit uncomfortable afterwards, takes me a while to get off to sleep after having her stare at me. I can't blame her for disapproving though, we painted the entire house orange :D
This is the second haunted place I've lived. Both times old lady spirits have been around and both times they only show up because they're unhappy with something. Alls they basically do is tut tut at you and then go away until the next time. No worse than getting the silent treatment from your mother really.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-31-2002, 10:18 AM
Jargo- That's amazing!!! Is she very easy to see and whatnot? I would assume from what i saw she might be somewhat white, but can you actually make out the features of her face just disapproving of you?

When i was younger, but old enough to be left home alone, i would often hear noises upstairs and stuff (hey, who doesn't), but my dog would see stuff and wag her tail. My mom always said it was my grandpa playing tricks on me. I guess he was pretty into pranks in his day and decided to teach his grandson a thing or two in that department. :D

Rogue II
10-31-2002, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute
Jargo- That's amazing!!! Is she very easy to see and whatnot? I would assume from what i saw she might be somewhat white, but can you actually make out the features of her face just disapproving of you?

She must be easy to see against the ORANGE background.

Thanks for the link, Pendo. I'm going to have to add the Mothman to the list of things I don't believe in. note to self: Don't go to West Virginia

Now that I've said I don't believe in these things, I wonder if there will be a line at my door tonight of Yeti, Mothmen, Ghosts, and goblins waiting to prove their existence to me with a swift kick to the crotch.

Patient Zero
10-31-2002, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Rogue II

Now that I've said I don't believe in these things, I wonder if there will be a line at my door tonight of Yeti, Mothmen, Ghosts, and goblins waiting to prove their existence to me with a swift kick to the crotch.

*Jonna slips on his oversized moshing boots and checks the bus schedule*:D

Chiesa
10-31-2002, 02:20 PM
Well I do believe that there are other intelligent life forms out there just waiting for us to contact them or vice versa!

As for the spirits and ghosts issues, I do believe that they exist and they should be treated with utmost respect and we shouldn't like tamper or mess around with them.

Cheers...
:D:D:D:D

Jargo
10-31-2002, 03:01 PM
My old lady can't be seen but the presense of her gives off that disapproving feeling. Y'know when you're at school and a teacher just glares at you and you don't know they are but suddenly the hairs on the back of your neck stand up and you just know that someone is staring intently in your direction so you look up and you're met with a steely glare... it's like that only there's nothing to see. If i turn to look there's just the door closed and the shelves of toys. But as soon as i turn back there's the shape of a feeling and that coldness. Lasts about twenty minutes and then it's gone. Really weird and strange and kinda cool and funny at the same time. like she's just annoyed that someone moved her stuff out. You'd have to sleep in the room for a month to experience it. I mean the room is the warmest room in the house, cosy and snug. There's never a cold draft blowing through but yet on certain nights you get that coldness.....

Actually, this is the third place I've lived where someone died. The first was the very first flat I had in London while at colege where unknown to me at the time, i slept for two months in the same bed this guy killed himself in. he'd taken a heroine overdose or something apparently. When the other people in the flatshare moved in they found all his used syringes lying around. That was more freaky. But he wasn't present in the flat so I guess he went to the addicts afterlife rehabilitation clinic or something. :)

Spirits are cool. Anyone had a poultryghost move things round on them? That'd be freaky. Poultryghosts are usually found near troubled kids and teenagers aren't they? Maybe they don't really exist and it's really telekinesis that's doing the moving. The kids don't know they have the ability and their troubles upset them so much they channel the energy randomly which moves thing by force... flimsy explanation and scientifically poo but I like to imagine it could happen. I used to dream of being telekinetic.

getting back to spirits, once when i was a youngster and I'd been out to theater club or something, i was walking home with friends and we took a shortcut through a cemetry, There was a head stone in the shape of a cross and it was cracked right through, I kicked it and the top broke off so there was a piece on the floor and just a stump left in the ground. I picked up the top and put it back upside down for a laugh cuz I'd heard that it was a sign of the devil or something, Weirdness of weirdness a cold wind whipped up just as I put the cross back. From nowhere on a calm still night with no clouds in the sky there was this cold and strong gust of wind that whizzed round us and past us. Then the cross fell over again. needless to say we were petrified and ran so fast to get out of the cemetry we nearly broke our legs. haven't been near one of those boneyards since............

happy halloween! :(

jedi_uk73
10-31-2002, 05:38 PM
I'm kinda interested in all this paranormal & extra-terrestrial stuff.

I've never experienced anything ghostly, although would very much like to.
My area of the country is surrounded by the South Downs, and there are reports of many strange goings on. Ghostly dogs, stagecoaches / highwaymen, white witches and even the Devil himself.

The following link is about a place a few miles up the road from me, and that place is dam spooky ;

http://www.mysteriousbritain.co.uk/majorsites/aa/chanctonbury.html

U.F.O's - We're not alone in this universe.

Loch Ness - Theres definately something there, although many missions have failed to find anything.

Yeti - No, it's just Chewbacca on winter hols ;)

Old Fossil
10-31-2002, 07:39 PM
Never experienced anything like the above, but I'm open to the possibilities.

I've camped out in the deserts of New Mexico and west Texas several times, twice alone. The first time I got really freaked out, thinking that aliens might come and abduct me, since the place was 30 miles from anyone, and that country and the sky are so big and wide open, you get the feeling that anything could come down from the heavens and not be noticed. But I was not abducted. I-I don't THINK I was...

I've camped out several times in the forests of western Montana, specifically the Flathead and Silver Bow National Forests. Those woods are so vast and thick and dark, I imagined it would be easy for a Sasquatch-type creature to live there. I hear the woods of Oregon and Washington are more expansive, so it is quite possible, even probable, in my mind that a Bigfoot lives there still.

Never seen a ghost. Really, REALLY don't want to, either. Hell, I can't even watch a scary movie without it keeping me up half the night a year later.

LTBasker
10-31-2002, 07:40 PM
Ghosts - Eh sorta, it depends. A ghost like Casper no, a ghost like a visual spirit that's more human, yeah, but I think it depends on how they reacted to their death if you can react to your death that is.

Spirits - Ohhhhhhhh yeah. Although in both houses I've lived in, my grandpa died in the first one and my grandma died a few years ago in this one, haven't really experianced anything though as far as sightings or specific sounds go. However twice my aunt's glass has gotten knocked off the bedside table when neither one of us was even near it. Although she never really was a good aim for the thick coasters and it could've been the changing weight from the ice melting and it being part over the edge that could explain it. *shrugs*

UFOs - Definitely! I've seen plenty of things that makes me believe in those, like one night I was staring up a cluster of 3 stars with some binoculars and on one star there was a faint blinking red light, but it stayed in the same spot the whole time I watched it.

Lochness - Well yeah, even though people haven't find anything on searches, it's not like they know every inch of the bottom. There could be a cavern or something under it where the animal could swim to and from it.

Yeti - Well, why not, if there can be microscopic organisms, then what's stopping evolution from making a very evolved ape-like animal?

Old Fossil
10-31-2002, 07:44 PM
There was a type of prehistoric gorilla that lived in China. I read somewhere that this thing -- it was huge, even for a gorilla-type bipedal creature -- may have survived in the foothills of the mountains on the Chinese side, up into the late nineteenth century, and that reports of it are responsible for the Yeti legend.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-31-2002, 07:46 PM
In case anybody is interested, ABC's Primetime Live is airing a special tonight featuring the "Amityville House." It involves the story behind the actual house as well as the things that went on afterwards. I saw few specials on this house before, it's really really wacky. I'll be watching once i finish my Duff Man costume for Halloween weekend. hehe :D

Jedi Master Silas
10-31-2002, 07:54 PM
Pendo if you believe in the Mothman come on down to WV..some of the folks here have some interesting sighting stories...if I had to judge weither the creature is real by their accounts of what they saw and how strong they feel about it then I would have to believe...there are many stories that never got published.

sith_killer_99
10-31-2002, 08:38 PM
I believe ghosts (spirits) exist. I have also had my share of experiences with them.

When I was younger we lived in a house that was haunted. We had problems with things moving around (sorry Jargo...no troubled kids in the family....just 1 big Star Wars nut)!

It was always small stuff, that got moved. My mom would sweep the floor and go get the dustpan...pow the dirt pile was spread back across the floor. We would set stuff down one one counter and when we came back it was on another counter.

At first mom and thought it was just us kids messing with her. Then it would happen when we were at school, or when noone else was in the house. No drafts, doors and windows closed, cups just sort of "falling over".

The place was freaky, we all experienced the cold chill spots and EVERYONE in the family had at least 1 bizarre unexplained story.

I personally had a poltergeist-window-tree experience that I do not wish to talk about...I have blocked out much of that night. In any event, the house was QUITE active and to this day I will not go back there. We only lived there for 6 months.

As it turns out, 3 people had BRUTALLY died in that house. One guy shot a man with a shotgun and then shot himself, with a pistol. I forget what happened to the other person.

Needles
10-31-2002, 09:07 PM
Ive never had a share of ghostly encounters but I believe in everything from dwarves working for Aliens to Fairies.A family member of mine did have a UFO ecounter along a road in Monmouth county, they and other motorists saw a bizarre object in the sky ,police I think(or military),came and made them all swear confidentiality.They broke it but they didnt tell me anything else.

Jargo
10-31-2002, 09:13 PM
They're heeeeeee-eeeeeeere..........

Needles
10-31-2002, 09:18 PM
Oh wait,I did have ghostly encounter,when i was 8 or 9 I had just woke up in the middle of the night it was 12 0r 1,im not sure but then I looked right in front of me and i saw a cowboy clown,yes a cowboy clown,and it was ready to throw a pie at me,I hid under the covers,and then peaked to see if it was still there,it was still there,so i just closed my eyes and went to bed,I was so freaked out about that

Old Fossil
10-31-2002, 09:24 PM
Jeez, sithkiller. You're givin' me the creeps.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
10-31-2002, 09:26 PM
Come to think about it, I have seen ghosts, aliens, demons and such and such.

In fact I saw them tonight. They were all pint-sized things ringing my door and demanding candy!

Oh wait

:stupid:

Originally posted by Needles
Oh wait,I did have ghostly encounter,when i was 8 or 9 I had just woke up in the middle of the night it was 12 0r 1,im not sure but then I looked right in front of me and i saw a cowboy clown,yes a cowboy clown,and it was ready to throw a pie at me,I hid under the covers,and then peaked to see if it was still there,it was still there,so i just closed my eyes and went to bed,I was so freaked out about that

That would have freaked me out, seriously. I probably would have been like the character Percy from "The Green Mile" after his experience with John Coffey. They would need therapy to get me back to normalcy.

Darth Cruel
10-31-2002, 11:12 PM
I don't believe in anything that can't be proved by undisputable phisical evidence.

Exhaust Port
10-31-2002, 11:22 PM
Schrodinger's Cat

Lord Malakite
11-01-2002, 01:24 AM
What would be scarier, being visited by aliens or seeing a ghost? How about living in a haunted house and being abducted at the same time. Who would be more scared, the ghost at seeing the the aliens, the aliens at seeing the ghost, or you for seeing both at the same time? Answer me that. ;)

Here is a link to all the hauntings around Jedi_Master_Guyute and my location. It is also nice to note, Wilson Hall (College Green) was built over the location of the fomer mental hospital cemetery after the cemetery had been relocated by OU when they bought the property, since this website dosen't mention that.

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Acropolis/9241/hauntou.html#wilsoncg

sith_killer_99
11-01-2002, 08:29 AM
Schrodinger's cat!!!

LOL, good one!:D ;)