PDA

View Full Version : Aren't you a little short for... an Artoo unit?!!

JEDIpartner
10-31-2002, 11:56 AM
I just picked up the TRU Electronic See-Threepio and Artoo-Detoo for a pretty decent price. What struck me was how SHORT/SMALL Artoo is in comparison to Threepio. What's the deal? I have no huge issue with the fact that Artoo makes no noise, but come ON! I thought he would be easier to make to scale than some of the "human" figures, but this was just a total disappointment. Are there any Astromech 12" figures out there that are in better proportion to their two-legged counterparts?

Jedi Master Silas
10-31-2002, 01:06 PM
I never noticed but I quess I'm going to have to dig mine out now. Personally I loved the TRU Exclusive set. I like the electronic feature on C3PO but most of all I liked the dirt on the droids!:D

derek
10-31-2002, 03:18 PM
at first thought, i too thought artoo was too small, but in reality, C-3PO is too tall. the electronic C-3PO is exactly 12 inches, which would scale out to anthony daniels being 6 foot tall. well the problem is that daniels is actually 5'6". the 12" C-3PO should be about 10 1/2 to 11 inches tall.

if you have the 12 inch jango fett or count dooku, which use hasbro's shorter 11 inch body, stand them next to R2-D2 and he'll look more in scale. :)

the bottom line is that hasbro's female and most male figures are too tall, making artoo look too short.;)

JEDIpartner
10-31-2002, 03:33 PM
Okay... I HAD done that, but he still looked too short. hahahaha!!! I'm labouring under the belief that the 3.75" figures are a little more to scale. So... if Hasblah knew that the 12" figures were too tall... they should have made Artoo a little taller as well!

Clowntrooper
11-08-2002, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
they should have made Artoo a little taller as well!
They did it - in the Vintage days.

Jayspawn
11-08-2002, 11:32 AM
Thats right, 12" C-3PO is a little tall. I loved the TRU set also. The paint/dirt detail was pretty good.