PDA

View Full Version : What's left for 2002?

Rogue II
10-31-2002, 12:46 PM
With Ephant Mon and Endor Rebel Soldier (No goatee) showing up in stores now, what else is coming out in 2002?

I know of these:
R2 and C-3PO Christmas set
Cantina Bar Sets Wave 2
Silver R2 - Nov 3

jedi_uk73
10-31-2002, 01:35 PM
Only others I know of are the Destroyer Droid and Yoda w/Council Chair.

Jargo
10-31-2002, 01:39 PM
Cantina bar sets are January 2003. At least that's what Diamond are saying. All the sites I've seen offering them for pre-order seem to agree. Same with the third wave of star tours figures.

The imperial forces 4-pack might make it before the end of the year though. Still waiting for someone to actually offer it for more than a notify when in stock e-mail alert.

Prince Xizor
10-31-2002, 03:21 PM
Possibly the Red Battle Droid?

Jargo
10-31-2002, 03:34 PM
Incidentally, anyone seen pictures of the star tours third wave anywhere? That taunt of an R5-D4 figure is really starting to get to me. I want to know if it's the POTF one tarted up or a completely new one. I think they'd be mad to release one using the POTF sculpt but they have been doing a lot of recycling lately....

But yes to the red battle droid. hope it gets around before christmas. I was going to say probably a November release and then realised that it's november tomorrow :crazed: man this year has flown by!

kadamontaga
10-31-2002, 03:35 PM
When are you guys expecting the last of the 2002 stuff to be released? And does the 2003 stuff start in January or December?

Jargo
10-31-2002, 03:41 PM
All the pre-orders are starting january. TPU just reported that Diamond say comic stores should be taking pre-orders for the first waves of 2003 basic figures shipping in January. From all i've read recently there are two waves of basic, one for january and one for february. Roughly six figures in each wave.

Availible to preorder for JAN03 from ANY COMIC STORE !! just go grab a previews catalogue that was out today and look in the UK section.

Saga Basic Action Figures RRP 5.99 each
Anakin Skywalker (mechanical arm)
Boba Fett classic (Quick Draw)
R2-D2 (Flying)
Lama-su and Clone Boy
Twilek Jedi
Bariss Offee

Saga Deluxe Action Figures RRP 7.99each
Obi-wan Kenobi Force Power
Jango Fett Flying

Also offered is the Interactive R2-D2 RRP 110 and it says is limited to just 500 in the UK

So that's the first deluxe wave then also. No news on the dwarf spider droid though. maybe that'll be a february release?

Lord Tenebrous
10-31-2002, 04:06 PM
Would this year's schedule follow the POTJ deluxe's releases? If so, the spider droid and droid builder sets would come in a month. But I'd say second quarter 2003 is more likely, especially with all the deluxe rotting thus far.

LTBasker
10-31-2002, 04:59 PM
The Deluxe Speeders could make it for December, not sure though. Theres also the Arena which IIRC has been a found in some areas but not many.

Beast
10-31-2002, 08:00 PM
LTBasker, the Speeder's are going to be boxed, from what I have read. Not in the Deluxe line, like the CloneTrooper w/ Speederbike. Likely so that they could charge a bit more for them. But it will also make them easier to find, since the Deluxe line is tough to find later waves in some areas. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
10-31-2002, 08:03 PM
I've seen pre-orders for the speeders swoop and geonosian for january and the arena I think for a late November release, But I'm going on UK schedule here. I'd love it if stuff got out early but hope for a chance to have a breather. I hate it when tons of stuff shows up in december just when there's no spare cash due to christmas prezzie shopping. In the UK we're due the republic gunship late november. I'd guess that the red battle droid, destroyer droid and arena will ship in the same boatloads. in time for christmas shopping. The independent retailers are getting the destroyer droid and Yoda soon so it'll be not long after that TRU's and Hasbro.co.uk have them for mass retail. There's a pattern of release forming that works quite well, early stuff from the independents means getting one of something in a tidy fashion and for army building there's the later mass release. Europe gets stuff about a week to a fortnight before the UK. Generally speaking the US gets stuff about a month before the Euopean market with odd exceptions like Ephant Mon. But to counter that we only just got Shaak Ti which the US had in May IIRC.
I have no idea how it pans out for other places.

Wolfwood319
10-31-2002, 10:31 PM
The only things left that I had heard were the Destroyer droid and Yoda w/ chair. Everything else that I know of was 2003. This is coming from collectors I know of in the Chicago area who talk to suppliers. (Not totally reliable, I realize, but they haven't been wrong yet.)

I didn't know that they were releasing the red battle droid as a mass release. I thought it was just that one that came with the Deluxe Mace.

Beast
10-31-2002, 10:35 PM
Nope, the Red Battle Droids will be a mass release product. They are supposed to be included in the December cases. I should hope so, especially since they show one loose in the Arena Playset/Republic Gunship Toy Commercial. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

jedibear
10-31-2002, 10:44 PM
Lama Su & Clone Child

Has anyone seen any pics of this yet? Lama Su & Poggle the Lessor are two of the characters I'm most looking forward to as figures...

Jargo
11-01-2002, 10:34 AM
Join the club jedibear. ;)

Prince Xizor
11-01-2002, 10:38 AM
Poggle is one toy they better make soon. My Arena Scene is kind of incomplete without him. Lama Su I could do without, seeing is how I thought Taun We sucked.