PDA

View Full Version : MOTU Figures: Who's next?

Bosskman
10-31-2002, 05:28 PM
I read on a site somewhere where they interviewed somone who does something with the new cartoon (I know it doesn't sound really reliable, but I'm pretty sure it was, I just can't remember exactly where I read it) that ALL of the old figures were going to be in the new cartoon. It said ALL of them. After reading that, I can't help at hope for ALL of the old figures to be re-made. It would take a few years but it would be awesome. I know that Tri-Klops, Trap-Jaw, Orko, Teela, Whiplash, Faker and Prince Adam are on the way, but I wonder who's next. I'm fairly certain, if the cartoons reveal anything, that Evil-Lyn, Clawful, and Buzz-Off will be among the next ones out in 2003, and King Randor and the Sorceress will probably get made eventually too, but I wonder when the other charactrs will come into the cartoon and get made into figures. Since Sy-Klone and Faker, at least to toyfare, are coming so they'll probably turn up in an episode soon. The figures I really want to see are Fisto and Stridor, Hordak, Modulok, Roboto, Two-Bad, Kobra Kahn, Mantenna, and Moss Man. A Snake Mountain Playset would be awesome too, as would the Fright Zone.

Beast
11-19-2002, 06:20 PM
According to someone on He-Man.org, figures for next year are showing up on Meijer's computers. Here's what he listed from the computer. Note that these have not been confirmed in anyway, but the info does point to them being likely releases for early 2003. Ram Man (Refresh) was listed also. Nice stuff coming, but way to many heroes, and way to many He-Man's. :)

Villians Wave 3:
Evil Lyn
Inferno Skeletor
Too Bad
Whiplash

Heroes Wave 4:
Martial Arts He-Man
Power Gauntlet Man-At-Arms
Prince Adam
Sy-Klone

Heroes Wave 5:
Ice Armor He-Man
Man-E-Faces
Roboto
Stealth He-Man
Zodac

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jedi Master Silas
11-19-2002, 07:01 PM
My husband said he saw a he man with blue gear on but he didnt buy it because he wasnt sure if I had it, which I dont. Has anyone seen this version? If so whats it called?

Wolfwood319
11-19-2002, 08:54 PM
That'd be Smash Blade He-Man. He's the current incarnation of He-Man that floods the cases that also contains Teela and Orko (out now by the way.)

Well, besides the plethora of He-Man and Skeletor versions, the only other figures that prototypes have been seen for are;

Prince Adam
Whiplash
Sy-Clone

There's already problems with the line appearently, like the short-packing of regular characters to make room for all the HM and SKelly versions. Mattel says they're fixing the problem, but little "fixing'' has been witnessed thus far.

Beast
11-19-2002, 09:03 PM
Thanks Wolfy, I didn't know if that was Smash Blade He-Man or not. I couldn't find a picture to check. Yes, the pack-out ratio of the line officially sucks on toast. 4 He-Man's, 1 Orko, 1 Teela for the Hero case, and 4 Skeletor, 1 Trap-Jaw, 1 Tri-Klops for the Villian Case is stupid. But hopefully Mattel will fix things soon. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jedi Master Silas
11-19-2002, 09:08 PM
That sucks . My hubby said there were 25 or 30 of those new He Man but no other figs. Why is Mattel making such a crappy case assortment?

Oh and Thanks Wolf wood :)

Hey JJB do you know if the Ram Man cases were like that also?? I never found a single one. Who else is in the Sy-Clone case assortment?

Beast
11-19-2002, 09:12 PM
Yep, the Ram-Man case was just as bad. It was originally 4 Jungle Attack He-Man's, 1 regular He-Man, and 1 Ram Man. I hear that now it's 3 Jungle Attack He-Man's, 2 Ram Man's, and 1 Meckaneck. It's just a horrible situation. :mad: :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jedi Master Silas
11-19-2002, 09:56 PM
LOL thanks for sharing the bad news. I forgot about Mekaneck.

Wolfwood319
11-20-2002, 07:19 PM
Prince Adam, Power Gauntlet Man-At-Arms, and another He-Man version will accompany Sy-Clone com Spring 2003. That's the farthest we've seen prototypes for as well, (minus the Whiplash prototype.)

On a side not, I scored a TrapJaw tonight at Wal-Mart. Its a sweet figure, but a little small compared to the rest of the line so far. No Tri-Klops though. :( I still haven't seen a Mekaneck either.

Also, if looking for the new figures, you'll spot the new figures because they have a yellow sticker on the side of the bubble showing off the "talk-chip" thing. Even if you don't find new figures, you'll be able to tell if they've been there or not. Cases consisting of He-Man, JA He-Man, Ram Man and Mekaneck have these stickers. Whereas cases of just JA He-Man and Ram Man do not. All the new stuff has these stickers as well.

Jedi Master Silas
11-20-2002, 07:26 PM
Thanks for the info Wolfwood. I have a feeling I wont find anything but a boat load of He Man figs....the scalpers must be having a hay day around here. Yeah I saw that chip thingy ma bob on the new He Man bubble. Trapjaw is small?? How so??? He didnt seem smaller in the pics I've seen...but they are pics.

Beast
11-20-2002, 07:33 PM
Wolfy, congrats on your find!! I need to get out and start hunting again. I have everyone thru Ram Man so far. Can't wait to find Trap Jaw and Tri-Klops. I always loved the villains more then the good guys. :evil: :cool:

JMS, alot of people are saying that Trap Jaw is a bit small. And judging by photos, he's definatly not huge. But he does look to scale with the rest of the line. I think his small head, seems to make the figure seem smaller. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jedi Master Silas
11-20-2002, 09:41 PM
O' tay Jar Jar. Well he always had a small head in the cartoons. I thought he meant the body was little. Well ummm ya know JJ ol' buddy ol' pal umm if you find any extra Trap Jaw figs umm you can always ahhh pass it on over to a umm collector I know in WV.:D :D

Jedi Master Silas
11-30-2002, 01:44 AM
I just got Trap Jaw and Tri Klops!! OMG they are awesome! I've made friends with the toy guys at Wally World and last night when they opened some boxes they saved me one of each. They said there was only one per box. If anyone likes MOTU toys you will LOVE the TK and TJ.

Eternal Padawan
11-30-2002, 08:57 AM
What? No one's grabbing Boloblade He-Man or Spin blade Skeletor? ;)

My daughter is going to have a very MOTU Christmas. Shes getting:
Castle Greyskull
He-Man (sitting on Battle Cat)
Skeletor (sitting on Panthor)
RamMan
Meckanek
Trapjaw
Triklops
Orko (In her stocking)
Teela (who is already hiding on the tree. If she sees her before Xmas she gets to play with it.)

And then she and her old man will sit down to have vicious battles with each other. ;)

Jayspawn
11-30-2002, 10:47 AM
All the stores in my area seem to be going through a MOTU dry spell. There is NOTHING new. RamMan is showing up a lot more often and Skeletor (spin blade I think) has now showen up. But NO Meckanek, Orco, Teela, Triclops, or Trapjaw. It's kind of annoying.

Eternal Padawan
12-01-2002, 08:43 AM
If Mattel hadn't come up with the mother of all shortpack alotments...:rolleyes:

I mean, I can see little kids creating a higher demand for He-Man and Skeletor this holiday season. If I was only going to get two MOTU figures, it'd be those two, but clogging the pags with variants at the expense of some very cool sculpted figures is beyond me.

Is there any plans to redistribute the case space after the holidays and start putting..oh, I don't know, TWO OF EACH FIGURE in a case? Or better yet, three Trapjaws, and three Triklops, and ZERO Skeletors, since theres plenty of him anyway.

Is anyone even getting the variants? The Spinblade Skeletor actually looks pretty cool in his black outfit. More menacing than the original somehow.

Jayspawn
12-01-2002, 03:06 PM
I got the first HeMan and Skeletor, but I'm not going to get all the different versions Mattel is going to make.

Mattel's shortpacking really sucks!

Eternal Padawan
12-02-2002, 01:59 PM
Remember on the old show, everybody got around by air chariot? But the only way to get an air chariot toy was to get the bigger ground vehicle (and who was going to spring for more than one of those?) I think it would be cool to have a resculpted version of the air chariot for the new figures. I'd pick up a couple.

El Chuxter
12-02-2002, 02:04 PM
I picked up Spin Blade Skeletor and Smash Blade He-Man. The gimmicks are corny and a tad cheap, and they're simply repaints of the first two figures. But the colors look a little better to me.

Bosskman
12-03-2002, 06:09 PM
I don't think I'll get any of the other He-mans or Skeletoras, but whatever looks cool, if it shows up on the cartoon (like the electronic Skeleteor) I might consider getting. The Samurai battle cat looks real good to me for some reason.

Wolfwood319
12-03-2002, 06:26 PM
If they make some sort of Deluxe Skeletor that lights up in some way and has a cape (like the old one), i'll definately get that. Other than that though, i don't plan on getting any of the He-Man or Skelly variants.

Jayspawn
12-08-2002, 11:03 PM
I finally found Triclops and Trap Jaw at TRU yesterday. What cool figures! No sign of Teela, Orco or Meckaneck though.

Emperor Howdy
12-09-2002, 02:25 AM
Originally posted by Wolfwood319
Other than that though, i don't plan on getting any of the He-Man or Skelly variants.

Don't forget to add:

......unless of course any of you are willing to ship them to me so I can burn you on payment....then I might consider it.

:greedy::greedy: :greedy: :greedy: :greedy: .................:confused: