PDA

View Full Version : Archival Editions of Eps. I,II,III

Darth Vellner
11-01-2002, 12:00 PM
After George makes Ep. III and then makes the Archival Editions of the OT will he then go back and make "Archival Editions " of TPM, AOTC , and Ep.III..???

Beast
11-01-2002, 12:14 PM
Yep, that is the current info. Nothing is concrete though, but a few changes have popped up with regard to Episode I. Beyond that, I haven't heard to much. Here's whats been mentioned.

Replacing the Yoda puppet with a CGI version, inserting Jimmy Smit's Bail Organa charecter into the E1 senate. Bail Organa was originally supposed to second Padme's vote of no confidence. But the scene was cut, because Lucas disliked the actor. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

jjreason
11-01-2002, 05:23 PM
My "dream" versions of the films would allow me to choose from all of the deleted scenes (eg. Luke in the Hat w binos from ANH, the bongo and the waterfall from TPM, etc) and pick the ones I want to watch during that showing. Of course the viewing would be seamless, editing my choices in and out of the movies unnoticeably. Id also like to choose "Special Edition" vs. "Classic Edition" effects on a scene by scene basis (because I love the Ronto, but Han shot first). Whether or not this is even possible I don't know, but that would be perfect. Then we could all have our own Ultimate editions of the movies.

darthvyn
11-03-2002, 01:29 PM
jj, that is definitely possible... like the way you can watch T2 with the theatrical verison, or the director's cut with the scenes spliced into the movie - and seamlessly. however, it would take a lot of programming for the disc, and a lot of choosing scenes before watching the movie to get it right. on a computer system, the software allows you to save preferences, so with that you might only have to pick and choose your scenes once, and from then on play it that way. i don't exactly know how standalone players operate, so i can't say for certain what would need to be done on that end. most likely you would have to do the scene choices every time you wanted to watch it...

so, yes. it's possible. likely? probably not... lucas really doesn't sound like he's even going to put the original cut on the archivals...

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-05-2002, 02:02 PM
Oh God, they are going to finally replace the horrid puppet with CG? Thank God!

Pendo
11-05-2002, 04:35 PM
I don't want the Yoda puppet in TPM to be replaced with CG! I know the puppet doesn't look that good, but IMO it looks ALOT better than that crappy CGI-pixel thing that appears in AOTC!

I would like to see Bail Organa in the Senate scene, and the Jira/Probe Droid scene put back in.

For Episode II I would like to see all the crappy CGI stuff look more realistic :rolleyes:, and the Padmé Senate scene be put back in :).

PENDO!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-05-2002, 06:56 PM
I don't want the Yoda puppet in TPM to be replaced with CG! I know the puppet doesn't look that good, but IMO it looks ALOT better than that crappy CGI-pixel thing that appears in AOTC!
Even so, the CG one can move more freely, especially with the mouth, and the TPM puppet looks absolutely nothing like classic Yoda. :)

Beast
11-05-2002, 07:08 PM
Agreed. Atleast the CGI Yoda actually looks like Yoda from ESB and ROTJ. He just looks a bit younger. I have no problems at all with the CGI version. Especially since Frank Oz gave his seal of approval on the CGI version. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Darth Trymybestus
11-06-2002, 04:50 AM
I watched Return of the Jedi the other night and it made me realise even more how awesome a job ILM did with the Episode II Yoda.
I guess with the Phantom Menace, they knew they had to make Yoda look younger and a bit different but they went a little overboard.
The CGI Yoda IS Yoda, heck the ears even move like the puppet :D, I think they should definitely add a CGI Yoda to the Phantom Menace because Yoda looks kinda different in that :)

stillakid
11-06-2002, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by jjreason
My "dream" versions of the films would allow me to choose from all of the deleted scenes (eg. Luke in the Hat w binos from ANH, the bongo and the waterfall from TPM, etc) and pick the ones I want to watch during that showing. Of course the viewing would be seamless, editing my choices in and out of the movies unnoticeably. Id also like to choose "Special Edition" vs. "Classic Edition" effects on a scene by scene basis (because I love the Ronto, but Han shot first). Whether or not this is even possible I don't know, but that would be perfect. Then we could all have our own Ultimate editions of the movies.

I'm working on the home version of that game as we speak. Once I get my computer to capture video correctly, I plan on doing exactly what you're suggesting.

I'll also try to cut AOTC like the IMAX version, which I think is far superior (content wise).

I'll make an attempt at TPM and keep only the essential story-elements that make sense within the saga, but I fear that if I do that, it'll only be about 20 minutes long. :eek: We'll see... :)

mini-rock
12-22-2002, 06:41 PM
It would be cool if GL did have TPM Yoda puppet replaced with the CGI version, but if not no biggie. I think the biggest improvements will be on the OT Archival Editions so it matches up better with Eps 1&2.:)

PoggleTheGreater
12-31-2002, 05:30 PM
Forgive me, but what exactly are the Archival Editions?

Pendo
01-01-2003, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by PoggleTheGreater
Forgive me, but what exactly are the Archival Editions?

The Archival Editions are George's Special Special Editions. He is adding yet more stuff to the Star Wars movies and calling them his Archival Editions.

PENDO!

PoggleTheGreater
01-02-2003, 04:43 PM
Thanks

Beast
01-02-2003, 04:51 PM
He had to come up with a name like that, after using "Definative Collection" and "Special Editions" already. I find it funny that the "Definative Collection" came out before the "Special Editions". He should call the newely improved versions "Barebones Editions", just to keep the backwards naming pattern. ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jek Porky 2002
01-04-2003, 12:32 PM
Sorry, but I think that the Yoda puppet looks more REAL than the CG version. yeah it might not look emotionally the same, but at least it looks like it's really there!