PDA

View Full Version : Signs Vista Series Cover

James Boba Fettfield
11-01-2002, 09:34 PM
Observe the atrocity in question at: http://dvd.ign.com/articles/376/376142p1.html

I have already shed tears in memory of the original cover art.

Beast
11-01-2002, 09:49 PM
What happened to the cool cardboard cases they used for "The Sixth Sense" and "Unbreakable". They should have done the same sort of cases as they did for those, since they are trying to keep some consistancy. I actually prefer the cool case designs for the first 2 films, over their theatrical posters. Oh well, I guess hoping for uniformity from the same series of DVD releases is to much to ask now a days. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

James Boba Fettfield
11-01-2002, 09:56 PM
I don't know. Maybe they will release something different later, much like what is being done with X-Men 1.5 coming out. Who knows.

Boba Rhett
11-01-2002, 10:01 PM
Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww..... :sur:

That's almost as upsetting as the latest TTT poster.

darthvyn
11-02-2002, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by James Boba Fettfield
I don't know. Maybe they will release something different later, much like what is being done with X-Men 1.5 coming out. Who knows.

unfortunately, the "vista series" is supposed to be a top of the line thing... and it also looks as though x-men 1.5 is going to be a major dissappointment, anyway. a lot of the scenes that were cut out won't be on it, and the commentary is going to be a lot lighter than they were touting before. i'm almost upset that i waited for it!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-02-2002, 12:44 AM
Eh, once pop that movie in my DVD player and watch it a couple hundred times, I'll get over it. It's only the cover, but it does look tacky. :D

James Boba Fettfield
11-02-2002, 12:46 AM
I will still openly weep every time I think of what could have been.

Exhaust Port
11-02-2002, 10:13 AM
Ugh, that's awful. Any chance that they'll change it after they hear about all the negative feedback? Let's hope.

master jedi
11-02-2002, 01:55 PM
Here's hoping they change it back to the original cover.

derek
11-02-2002, 02:19 PM
i didn't really like the movie, but i don't have a problem with the DVD cover. what is it everyone dislikes so much? from a marketing standpoint, it's good to have mel's face on the cover.:)

Exhaust Port
11-02-2002, 03:08 PM
That didn't save The Patriot.

2-1B
11-02-2002, 03:51 PM
Meh, I think it looks great!

What I'm most excited by is the absence of that crappy cardboard flip-flop case. As long as they use a keepcase they could even use a pic from The Patriot on the cover and I wouldn't mind. :D

Honestly, I expected to see some horrible cover and it's not bad at all. They still used the original pic, just shrunk it down and added the cast. Afterall, the movie IS about the family, right?

JesusFreak
11-04-2002, 08:24 PM
Great movie, great dvd (it is a vista series after all), and great cover. I'll be picking this up :D