PDA

View Full Version : Mighty Mouse movie coming

James Boba Fettfield
11-01-2002, 09:40 PM
Here He Comes to Save the Day
Mighty Mouse is on his way to the big screen.

November 01, 2002 - Well, it was only a matter of time. With the current level of Hollywood interest in comic book and superhero films, and the public's constant craving for nostalgia, it was a given that Mighty Mouse would soon join cartoon cousins like Hong Kong Phooey on his way to the big screen. According to today's Variety, Paramount Pictures and Nickelodeon Films will craft a computer-animated feature film based on the classic cartoon character. The trade describes the picture as an "action-comedy-adventure."

No writer or director are in place, but the film will be produced by Terrence Chang and John Woo. Chang is quoted as saying, "We always loved the cartoon with a little guy who's a superhero. It seemed like a cool concept. And we were big fans of Jimmy Neutron and Rugrats so it's a great opportunity to work with Nickelodeon."

Mighty Mouse originally appeared in a series of theatrical shorts. The shorts were first aired on television as Mighty Mouse Playhouse in 1955. The super-strong, flying rodent spent his days thwarting evildoers like Oil Can Harry, or rescuing his girlfriend Pearl Pureheart.

The question is: Will he sing? Chang says they haven't decided yet.

-- Brian Linder http://filmforce.ign.com

Eternal Padawan
11-02-2002, 10:14 AM
Sweet! :D I remember the Bakshi cartoons from the 80's. I can't wait to see another take on the heroic little mouse.

(hums the mighty mouse theme) :happy:

2-1B
01-21-2008, 09:05 PM
I'm surprised more people aren't talking about this, I think it could be really good...probably even better than Under Dog which was cool in its own right.

JimJamBonds
02-19-2008, 11:36 PM
Will Andy Kaufman lip sync the theme?

Rocketboy
02-19-2008, 11:37 PM
Only if we're lucky.