PDA

View Full Version : '03 Vehicles, Gunship + 3 clone troopers?

Banthaholic
11-02-2002, 12:58 AM
Did some surfing today and came across this article on the 2003 vehicles.
http://books.dreambook.com/tpu/probenews.html
Kinda entriguing! Not too excited about the POTJ re-releases but the rest sound cool enough!!!

bigbarada
11-02-2002, 01:17 AM
I think the Snowspeeder and TIE Bomber are getting rereleased because there were almost non-existent in many areas. I had heard a rumor of a Gunship rerelease so this announcement comes as no real surprise, I just wonder if two of those Clonetroopers will be the pilots and one the standard preview Clonetrooper. I assume the gunpods that come with the carded Clone Pilot will be included in this repackaged Gunship.

The TIE Fighter sounds intriguing if it is a completely new and more accurate sculpt (to go with the correctly scaled new X-Wing). If it is just a rehash of the stubby-winged version, then it is just another disappointment.

LTBasker
11-02-2002, 01:45 AM
It'd be nice if the third Clone was the Deluxe Clone and the speeder-bike was put in the back but it's doubtful that would happen and it's just the Preview Clone or Red Clone.

Jargo
11-02-2002, 09:05 AM
Already reported this in the vehicles we need thread. Most of the releases are simply to get stuff out to fans new to star wars I.E. kids and those who weren't able to get hold of store exclusives first time round. I bet they shove the gunship out with one pilot and two basic clonetroopers minus the red markings. It's the best sculpt and has all that articulation. Shoving the preview one out would be a bit dumb unless they use the better head from the later clonetrooper and the body of the preview one. But since they're pack-ins they'll be the cheapest to produce ones.
This thread could be merged with the vehicles we need thread really since they're both talking about the sdame thing.

Turbowars
11-02-2002, 10:52 AM
There's no way that the Gunship will have 3 pack-in figures. The Stuttle doesn't even come with 1! The only way would be to charge $60+ for it.

LTBasker
11-02-2002, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by turbowars
There's no way that the Gunship will have 3 pack-in figures. The Stuttle doesn't even come with 1! The only way would be to charge $60+ for it.

If the Gunship isn't FAO exclusive and they really want to pack-in the 3 figures, then yes it could come with them. I think it should be around $55. Gunship - $40, Figures - $4.99 each at KB prices since it would most likely be a KB exclusive like the Jedi Starfighter w/ Obiand Slave 1 w/ Jango.

Turbowars
11-02-2002, 12:34 PM
All I'm saying is, it's hard enough to get Hasbro to put 1 pack-in figure with a ship, what makes you think that there will be 3?

Jargo
11-02-2002, 01:00 PM
Shifting all the clonetroopers that got sent back to their warehouses just this last month? A secret stash of preview clonetroopers they forgot about aboutr and need to shift? A rare act of charity? An enticement to army builders and diorama builders to buy yet more troops and just one more gunship "go on, it's just waffer thin..." :D
Possibly all the screaming earlier this year about how ships don't come with figures anymore filtered through and they had a change of heart since so many of the ships touted for next year have got pack in figures with them. It seems that maybe Hasbro has decided that we the collecting public prefer our vehicles with a figure after all.

But I have been known to read the rune stones wrong from time - to time.... *coff* :happy:

LTBasker
11-02-2002, 01:04 PM
Plus Christmas is coming up next month so for the kids interested in the line it could be a good way to get parents into buying the bigger stuff like the Gunship and Slave 1 and with the figures packed in it'll be better cause they won't have to hunt around for the other figures. Even if they'res just one Clone Soldier and the two Pilots, it still adds up to 3 figures and 2 cannons that can be used for mobile cannons. Plus if it's the Red Clone they could have his tri-pod cannon which could be attached to the platform by rubberbands or something.

Jargo
11-02-2002, 01:08 PM
Um LT, we're talking about next year.... :) The thread title says that too. ;)

LTBasker
11-02-2002, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
Um LT, we're talking about next year.... :) The thread title says that too. ;)

Christmas next year? :D What, I got caught up in the moment thinking about what the Gunship would look like with troopers in it and as a window box set. :p

Turbowars
11-02-2002, 01:21 PM
That would be cool if we got a window box. I guess the wings would have to off, but it would still be cool.

The Private Universe
11-03-2002, 04:50 AM
From what I understand it is 2 Clone pilots at least, so they have the gun things... the 3rd I am not sure of.

Pete