PDA

View Full Version : what should i expect to find at TRU tomorrow ?

steve3p0
11-02-2002, 02:40 PM
my last visit to tru was two weeks ago.

their most recent figures were the anakin/ maul and ki adi / teemto waves.

is tru supposed to receive additional (newer) star wars toys to go along with their r2d2 promotion or is the r2d2 giveaway just a means by which they hope to sell what they already have in order to bring out newer toys around say ... the day after thanksgiving ?

should i expect to see later figures such as clone pilot and jango pilot and watto and lott dod ?

i'd love to get multiple r2d2's , but if they have only those older toys which i already have , ill probably just pick up one.

Turbowars
11-02-2002, 02:47 PM
Well the Clone Pilot wave has been at my TRU so they might put some crap out. It just seems that TRU is hit and miss

Clone Trooper Bob
11-02-2002, 03:02 PM
Call your TRU today and see if they are giving them out. I already got mine today. I'd hate to see anyone miss out on this great toy!

Thunderstorm1
11-02-2002, 09:12 PM
Yeah, the TRU closest to me has already given theirs all out and say that they will not get anymore! I was lucky to find one at the TRU on the other side of town, but they only had about 10 left. Hope you can find one!

steve3p0
11-02-2002, 09:25 PM
wow , it looks like more than finding new figures , i should be expecting to find no silver r2-d2's.

if worse comes to worse and they have none , i suppose i can just order some stuff from amazon/toysrus and pay the extra shipping costs to get one.

it really stinks that so many star wars fans will head out tomorrow expecting to pick one up only to discover that they were given away early.

Thunderstorm1
11-03-2002, 12:14 PM
Now TRU. com is out of them too!!!

JEDIpartner
11-03-2002, 12:25 PM
I was at the TRU in North Randall and they had the Artoos in a dump bin and not marked as to what they were for. People were buying ONE basic figure and taking them up to the register. I hope the cashiers weren't letting people get away with this. I bought an interactive lightsaber for my friend's kid as a Christmas present to get mine! Some clown had two in his mitts... :frus:

steve3p0
11-03-2002, 03:27 PM
i was fortunate enough to get 2 r2-d2's .. which was made even better by the fact that i was able to pick up some of the newer figures that i was missing .. lott dod , tusken , watto , padme , endor rebel and jango pilot . the only one i didn't find was the clone pilot.

when i asked about the r2's at customer service , they simply handed me one.... this was before i had even shopped around the store.

i picked up another after checking out ( i bought nearly $60 worth of toys ) .... again , i simply asked for one after checking out and got it , no showing receipt or anything.

i was very satisfied with toysrus and while walmart is still my #1 , i'll definitely be shopping there again soon , maybe even go back tomorrow.

Beast
11-03-2002, 03:47 PM
Yep, like I posted elsewhere I pretty much found everything that I had been looking for today when I went and got my Silver R2-D2. A Landspeeder, Watto, Lott Dod, Jango: Pilot, and Tusken w/ Massiff netted me 2 Silver R2's. 1 for me, and 1 for my brother. Then I went over to Wal-Mart and found racks of CloneTrooper Pilots. Now I just need to hunt down the ERS w/o goatee and Ephant Mon. It was a good day. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

evenflow
11-05-2002, 07:31 AM
Nothing! I wouldn't expect to find anything.