PDA

View Full Version : From under what rock do these people come from and how do they get these? (MERGED)

TheBigSloppy
11-02-2002, 08:09 PM
Ebay auction 1784136303. . .

A SEALED case of 32 Silver R2s. These are supposed to be exclusive to TRU, no (rhetorical)?

I think 'Toymom' should get a day job. Or perhaps she is an employee for Toys R Us and illegally sells their product as a side business. In any event, stuff like this just p's me off!

Wish I could do something about it. Expose her. Report her. Steal her box of goodies and give them out for free. Something. But I am just one small fish in a very large pond.

Check out her little buy me now for $999.95 auction:

<http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1784136303>

Arghh. . .

Infuriated. . .

:mad:

Jargo
11-02-2002, 08:15 PM
With asking prices like that it's no wonder she can use fresh boxes to mail out in. :crazed: How much does she want? I bet she's a cashier at TRU. She must have more than one case to have got the photos of one unboxed. $999 for just 32, what a bargain... :rolleyes:

Sean the Hutt
11-02-2002, 08:16 PM
she has no scrupels! It says right on the box TRU give away...I would have to conclude, she is at best, dealing with thieves. At worst a thief!

sith_killer_99
11-02-2002, 08:20 PM
I am reporting this auction to ebay. I will also forward the information to the TRU regional director.

This is illegal. Plain and simple.

TheBigSloppy
11-02-2002, 08:21 PM
That sealed box doesn't even include the auctions in which she is selling the R2 individually for an asking price of $19.95.

Nexu
11-02-2002, 08:23 PM
That sort of think ticks me off. I hope TRU sues her ***.

sith_killer_99
11-02-2002, 08:36 PM
I just tried to e-mail ebay about this auction and recieved a message saying that my e-mail could not be sent!

That's OK, I tried to warn them.

We'll see what happens when I contact Toys R Us!

BTW, I just e-mailed the seller with "ask the seller a question" to see if this auction is even legal.:D

Deoxyribonucleic
11-02-2002, 09:28 PM
That's $31.25 per r2, for a figure you can get for free????

I'm sure whoever is selling it is assuming whoever buys it will be doing the same thing the seller is....selling it at an extremely overinflated gargantuan price!

:eek:

What kinda MOM would do such a thing???

TheBigSloppy
11-02-2002, 09:35 PM
I can only imagine some greedier person buying this unopened/sealed box and sending it into Toy Grader or whomever to grade all 32 uncirculated R2s in hopes that one will register a C-10.

I'm surprised this lowly seller hasn't considered that option.

Picture the auction now. . .

One uncirculated Silver Anniversary R2, AFA 90. Yours for only $999.95. . .

Unfortunately, someone out there will probably pay that kind've dough.

Sad.

Very sad.

SITH
Let us know how your pursuit transpires. I hope we can bag this chick. You think she "lives in a van, down by the river?"

LTBasker
11-02-2002, 09:36 PM
Geez, get 3 of'em (plus a fourth for free :p) off of Amazon for that price!

Too sad, hope TRU gets eBay to close the auction.

Chiesa
11-03-2002, 04:13 AM
don't worry abt TRU getting eBay to close the auction. I don't think anyone would pay that much for it anyway!

JEDIpartner
11-03-2002, 12:58 PM
I beg to differ. I'm sure SOME blankety-blank idiot will pay for them and then turn around and sell them for an even higher price individually... a la "Jorg Sacul"

Val Da Car
11-03-2002, 03:28 PM
Great another black eye for Wisconsin......

I am ticked off about this.

Deoxyribonucleic
11-03-2002, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Val Da Car
Great another black eye for Wisconsin......

I am ticked off about this.

Is Wisconsin bad or something with scalpers??? It can't be any worse than the moneyhungry scalper feinds in California :) Sheesh, you can barely buy underwear down here for regular price...I"m sure someone somewhere in California is trying to even scalp IT!

Val Da Car
11-03-2002, 03:41 PM
nope that was just a general statement about Wisconsin being portrayed in the media over the years but scalping is not all that bad.

InsaneJediGirl
11-03-2002, 04:01 PM
Well..I knew this was going to happen.I checked out Toymoms site(www.toymom.com).I really hope she
is shut down and sued by TRU.Techinally,shes stealing..:mad: as most of you stated.JEDIpartnr,I agree with you..some other scapler/dumb fanboy will pick this up and try to make a profit.

Deoxyribonucleic
11-03-2002, 04:21 PM
This from the site you just mentioned InsaneJediGirl....

"If this sounds to good to be true, just check our track record of on Ebay. We got over 1600 positive feedback during our first year! Toymom.Com customers are happy customers."

Let's see, I know we all don't write/type our best when we're on the forums which is reasonable as it is not a business, however, when one has a business website, you would think that they would take the time to spell and type correctly and professionally...for example:

1. "to good to be true" should be "too good to be true"

2. "track record of on Ebay." WHAT is this combination "of on"...hmmmm.

3. "We got over 1600 positive feedback." OK, well the number 1600 suggests plurality right...SO maybe she should try "We had over 1600 postive feedback messages in our first year..."

I know this is picky but if someone is going to be an a*s like this person and sell a toy that is free, well then, they deserve the scrutiny!

ps. what a crappy website!

2-1B
11-03-2002, 05:03 PM
First we had Ed Gein, then we had Jeffrey Dahmer, and now we have Toymom. :cry:

*sobs quietly into the bosom of Val Da Car*

Deoxyribonucleic
11-03-2002, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Caesar

:eek:

hehe

sith_killer_99
11-03-2002, 05:41 PM
:D

Val Da Car
11-03-2002, 05:43 PM
Wow what a great response from everyone here...I really appreciate it but I am sure that we toymom is found Ebay will have to get up off their collective @$$ and shut down this auction Once a TRU attorney contacts them.....

As for sobbing in my busom........whoa....dude!!!!

j/k

:confused:
:happy:

what would my wife say?

JEDIpartner
11-04-2002, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by Caesar

*sobs quietly into the bosom of Val Da Car*

Hey!! Don't you go hogging all the Dahmer!! He was originally from MY area in Ohio!!! :rolleyes:

QLD
11-04-2002, 01:34 PM
Well...If I had a case, I'd probably sell it on ebay too.

But it could just be me.......

BOOOGA BOOOGA BOOOGA!!!!!!!! :crazed:

Jargo
11-04-2002, 01:54 PM
Let's send a nuke to toymom! Think Saddam would loan me his? :evil:

Prince Xizor
11-04-2002, 01:59 PM
A Nuke, Jargo? Don't you think that is over doing it? C'mon, shes only trying to make a little money to live her life in this world.

Besides, a simple cluster bomb would do the trick.

Jargo
11-04-2002, 02:10 PM
*CENSORED*

RaptorMCSE
11-04-2002, 02:28 PM
Sorry but some of the people on here need to read the package, it states "For promotional use only. Not for retail sale"

Before you start talking lawsuits and suing why donít you give Toymom a call or email and ask her if she owns a ToysRus ? Because outside of that she is not doing anything wrong. She like everyone else on ebay is selling as an individual and not a retail outlet.

I am not trying to start a fight but it you really look at the big picture some of the people on here are guiltier than she is, do some of you people know what SLANDER is? Or what about communicable threats?

I would think that sending her emails bashing her and contacting toysrus and ebay is just that.

What makes you any better? Also if you are so straight arrow why are you looking on ebay for people selling the little piece of crap??? Are you wanting to buy one? If you do then you are wrong in your own account, if you buy from the website you are wrong also. according to you theory.

It is just a DAMN figure, also even if you contacted ToysRus what can they say? They were selling the figure on the web site for $9.99 even though it says "Not for retail sale" Like I said this is just my opinion on the matter so take it or leave it

Deoxyribonucleic
11-04-2002, 02:29 PM
Somebody (excluding myself hehe) outta email her this thread...OH BOY to be a fly on her computer screen when she reads it! Woohoooo:evil:

Originally posted by RaptorMCSE
Like I said this is just my opinion on the matter so take it or leave it

Thanks for the choice...I'll leave it!

:rolleyes: :happy:

Jargo
11-04-2002, 03:03 PM
*CENSORED*

RynBkr2002
11-04-2002, 03:48 PM
Hey guys, I wanted to let everyone know that I e-mailed the Toymom seller through the ebay thing, and she just recently replied. Here is exactly what she said. . .

Hello,

I am not able to reveal how I obtained the case...I can assure you I did obtain it legitimately, ie it is not a stolen or a fake product. I do have the case in hand, and if you win it adn pay for it within an hour or so (with paypal)...I can ship it today and provide you with a transaction number. If you check my feedback you will see that I am an honest seller. I hope this helps...and I look forward to doing business with you.

DeLaina

There that's unbelieveable isn't it? She couldn't and wouldn't tell me where and how she got the case! YEAH RIGHT!! I still have not been able to contact ebay. Does anybody have the number of Toys R Us corporate office or something similar? What are your guys comments on this development??

Beast
11-04-2002, 03:58 PM
Oh well, she's not going to be able to sell the case for what she wants for it anyway. Likely she works, or has a family member that works at TRU that snagged a case. They arn't going for much on Ebay, and will never be worth much. More then enough were produced to go around. If she wants to sell them for a more realistic ammount, like the 9.95 each that Amazon had them for, I bet she could find a buyer. Until then, no one is that big of a sucker. By the way, did we really need another thread about this? :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jedi Master Silas
11-04-2002, 04:12 PM
There is another post about this called ....... From under what rock do these people come from and how do they get these?

RynBkr2002
11-04-2002, 04:26 PM
Hey guys, new stuff. . .If you call 1-800-869-7787, the Toys R Us corporate headquarters, and tell them what's going on, they'll probably give you a gift certificate too. I just called them and spoke to a supervisor and told her the situation. I said someone might have stolen a case from a Milwaukee store, and is trying to sell it on ebay for a ridiculuous amount. She thanked me, and told me that it was being passed along, and will be looked into. She then mailed me a gift certificate for my concern. However, I do not know the amount of it. Just wanted to pass this along!!

2-1B
11-04-2002, 04:53 PM
do some of you people know what SLANDER is? Or what about communicable threats?

No, I've only heard of communicable diseases . . . :crazed:

TheBigSloppy
11-04-2002, 05:03 PM
"do some of you people know what SLANDER is?"

First off, slander is through oral communication. Perhaps you mean libel. And I really don't think we have libelled anyone here.

Face it, what this Toymommy is doing is selling a sealed case that is supposed to be for 'promotional purposes only.' This is another case of an insider, whether a Toys R Us or Hasbro employee, illegally trying to gain from a temporary phenomenon - going for the quick buck per se and selling something that is not theirs.

Sure we can argue that TRU.com shouldn't be selling these for $9.99. But this is their exclusive, and they are sleeping with Hasbro. Heck, doesn't Hasbro even own a stake of TRU? Anyway, Hasbro, let me remind you, does own the toy license to Star Wars and probably gave the okay for TRU's online sales.

SECOND. . .if you are unfamiliar with the TRU promotion let me fill you in. . .

You get ONE shiny R2 per $19.99 purchase. You can go back 31 additional times and get ONE carded figure for a total of 32, out-of-the-box, carded figures. THEY WILL NOT RESERVE A SEALED CASE FOR YOU regardless of how many you buy. Even if this lady bought $640 worth of merchandise she would only qualify for ONE little R2 unit.

What she is doing is scalping. . .

. . .and what makes this worse is that she is probably selling stolen goods.

Deoxyribonucleic
11-04-2002, 05:26 PM

do some of you people know what SLANDER is? Or what about communicable threats?

NY Times v. Sullivan, Dunn and Bradstreet v. Greenmoss and Gertz come to mind...

the court uses the "Actual Malice" test which includes a "knowing falsity" and "Reckless Disregard" to prove defamation/libel in public matters which, even if anyone were to take the statements on these boards seriously, these comments fall under.

Actual Malice is EXTREMELY hard to overcome because the court is EXTREMELY protective of speech in these cases!

:)

RaptorMCSE
11-04-2002, 05:54 PM
That is fine but comments on this board like "and what makes this worse is that she is probably selling stolen goods"

Does this not fall under "Actual Malice" , "knowing falsity" and "Reckless Disregard"

Some people are making assumptions based on their opinion and do not have the real facts about how she got the sealed case.

Just for record I don't know toymom or have done any business with her.. Like I said before this is just my opinion

Deoxyribonucleic
11-04-2002, 06:11 PM
That is fine but comments on this board like "and what makes this worse is that she is probably selling stolen goods"

Does this not fall under "Actual Malice" , "knowing falsity" and "Reckless Disregard"

Some people are making assumptions based on their opinion and do not have the real facts about how she got the sealed case.

Just for record I don't know toymom or have done any business with her.. Like I said before this is just my opinion

"knowing falsity" means that whatever is said was said "knowing that it was false" - we don't know for sure that the posts/statements made here are false, nor did the person who posted them. For all we know, she could have stolen them and for all we know, she could have hatched them.

"reckless disregard" means that the person "must have known that there was a great, great risk that the statement(s) was(were) false." - again same thing.

First of all, if libel/defamation were SO easy to prosecute, do you think there would be such things as the tabloids?

Second, if the posts/statements mentioned above were so easily prosecuted, our courts would be jammed to a hault which is also a great consideration the courts take when deciding to take on a particular case or not. :zzz: :)

TheBigSloppy
11-04-2002, 06:29 PM
RaptorMCSE,

What reasonable assumption can you make of this?

A woman is selling a sealed case of toys. I believe it is TRU's policy to not sell sealed cases of toys. Help me out TRU employees, I know some of you fellow collectors work there or have worked there in the past.

She also had this sealed case, as well as numerous individually carded R2s on eBay, in hand prior to the Nov. 3 street date. (And she couldn't have bought these on Amazon because she wouldn't have received them yet.)

You should also read another thread started on SSG, "R2D2's Case from Toymom, Please Read this!! " An SSG user contacted Toymom and this is what she had to say:

"I am not able to reveal how I obtained the case...I can assure you I did obtain it legitimately, ie it is not a stolen or a fake product."

If she obtained it legitamately, why can she not reveal how these got into her hands?

There is this quote I once heard and it is stuck in my head. Let me share. . ."Dillusional perception can rationalize anything."

Legitimate, huh? Doubt it. . .My guess is a relative probably works there and she paid 1 penny each for them. . .thus satisfying her 'legitimate' rationalization. Either way, it was an inside job. Highly suspect. And against TRU policy.

RaptorMCSE
11-04-2002, 06:34 PM
Sorry I didnt read that post, I guess you have a point.

Dar' Argol
11-04-2002, 08:22 PM

Technically she is. As a WM employee I know this better then anyone. The R2 Rings up at the registers at a price of $.01 and even though they really do not charge you for it, its still in their inventory, and there for unless she paid $.32 for this case, she stole it. The other thing is that promo items are store property. From what I have heard from one of my contacts in TRU, they have been keeping a tight lip on the whole R2 thing until just recently. So her getting this says that she is either an employee of TRU or knows someone there who does, (e.i. Boyfriend, son, friend, etc). IF a TRU employee was found doing this, they would be fired immediately. Just like if there was any WM employee caught putting back or purchasing the figures before their 4/23 release.

And thanks for the heads up on the other thread. I'm going to merge them into this one:D

JediCole
11-04-2002, 09:19 PM
Okay, I will play Devil's advocate here. Bear in mind, I am not posting to defend what "toymom" is doing. I've seen auctions by "toymom" quite often in the past, but only by chance. An interesting note for those of you following this case...one of the most interesting things about this seller is that I have at least twice seen auctions to buy the entire inventory of a toy shop (including fixtures, shelves, cases), presumably the store this seller opperates. For someone trying to get out of the business, this seller seems to really have some staying power!

Anyway, the point of this post is more to explore some aspects of this mystery unopened case that may not have been considered. Has everyone forgotten how we all waited patiently to even hear WHEN Toys R Us was even going to give this figure away there were sellers on eBay selling these already. I forget how long ago the first ones appeared, but they were there. And if you recall, most if not all were in Asia! As is the case when all new figures are offered months early on eBay (like that auction for the Sneak Preview Jango Fett that sold for over $200 on eBay only to be readily available in stores everywhere a few months later. What idiot invested that kind of money in something that was NO DIFFERENT than the ones that came out in the stores for less than $10.00! The point I am trying to make is this...there have always been overruns and samples available to those outside the loop, even in the case of exclusives. Just look at how some online toy retailers are offering the "Fan Club EXCLUSIVE" 12" Plo Koon at the SAME PRICE as the Fan Club, and before the club has even offered it! So it is possible to have obtained even an unopened case from Asia that was not even part of the ultimate TRU inventory. Just a thought, not a fact. Certainly no more or less a fact than the assertion that these are stolen goods.

A second thought is in regard to the concerns about someone selling the R2 figure, labled "Not for Retail Sale" essentially at retail. Bottom line, anyone selling the R2 is not necessarily actionable for selling thet item. Be it by the piece or by the case. To make things easier, we will look at things from the standpoint of an individiual figurel Once it is in the hands of an individual it is theirs to do with as they please. How many of you can honestly say that if you ever decide to sell your collections that you will just throw in the R2 for free when you do! Bottom line, that labeling is to prevent an unscrupulous TRU manager from simply selling them at $4.99 each like any other figure. In other words, if a consumer is asked to pay a price (by TRU) then they should report it to TRU. Once a person who has met the requirements of the offer has done so and obtained the free item, there is no legal obsticle from their selling it to another individual. Certainly the unopened case does raise some eyebrows, but for the sake of arguement, if she did genuinely obtain the figures by legitimate means, then she is perfectly within her rights to sell it for any amount she can obtain.

Finally, I was out and about all day Sunday when the offer went public. As nearly as I could determine, there were 20 people crowding the TRU for some Yu-Gi-Oh CCG offer for every one there for the R2! Even very late in the day I had friends who had no problem getting their free figure with purchase of $19.99 in Star Wars figures. I know that there were reportedly fights in some areas, but down here there seemed to be more than enough R2s to go around. And since TRU's only requirement is the purchase of $20.00 worth of toys, if someone wanted to spend some money and time they could obtain a bunch (and wind up with a bunch of figures).

And finally, as we all know, such sellers are only a problem as long as there are people willing to pay their price (like that $200 plus dollar Jango Fett mentioned earlier). If we all refuse to pay these prices, then these people have no incentive to persue such avenues of profit. Having sold at comic and toy shows since I was 16 years old, I've seen the comic after marked loose most of its value in short order and the toy market is poised to do the same. I refused to pay $100.00 for an Eopie with Qui Gon on eBay (the going price on every auction on which I was outbid) and a year later bought one for $25.00, and that was from a dealer who used to try to get $75.00 each for them. No one would pay that price and eventually he had to sell them at a reasonable price.

As I stated at the begining, I am not here to defend the practices of this seller. Not in the least. However, I grow tired of threads that complain about sellers like this who have only as much power as we give them by paying their price. This raises other issues but I wll not address them in this thread.

RaptorMCSE
11-04-2002, 09:31 PM
Thank you Jedicole, the mods here are top notch

JediCole
11-04-2002, 09:38 PM
I could not agree more, Raptor. I am here to inform and educate. I do not want anyone to hesitate to express their opinions by any means, but whenever possible, those of us (and not just moderators) who have specific knowledge of certain things should always pipe in to approach the discussion from a new angle. After years in retail (mostly non-collectibles) and wholesale (collectibles/comics and non-collectibles markets) plus after-market selling, I am like that little old man in Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome. I have the knowin' of a lot of things!

Val Da Car
11-04-2002, 10:03 PM
Everyone,

I am glad to hear from you JediCole to bring another quality point of view to this issue.

I figure (no pun intended) that we may never get an answer on this question and that troubles me a little but not much.

Deoxyribonucleic
11-04-2002, 10:43 PM
some good points JC :)

aharry
11-05-2002, 06:15 PM
Someone actually bid on it.
:crazed: :eek: :rolleyes: :sur: :confused: :stupid:

TheBigSloppy
11-05-2002, 07:03 PM
:crazed: :stupid: :Pirate:

Uh.

Wow?

Like I said in an earlier post, the eventual buyer will probably send the sealed case to Toy Grader and have all the uncirculated R2s rated.

It's all about greed. Look for future auctions by the final bidder.

This puts a bad taste in my mouth. It's not about collecting. It's not about toys. . .fun. It's about money. I am not jealous, for I am happy with my two shiny droids that I will treasure for many years. It is just plain sad when a toy is no longer a toy, but a mere transaction.

At this point in the game, Hasbro could package a giveaway Silver Anniversary box of Bantha Poodoo and people will pilfer, plunder and rape in an attempt to capitalize on the latest 'craze'.

As a non sequitor, ebay is the spawn of the devil :evil: and has crafted many 'entrepeneurs' who have made a day job out of taking the fun from collectors and toy lovers alike. . .

Sometimes I wonder why I even care anymore?

Val Da Car
11-05-2002, 07:08 PM
Don't fret...maybe this is being researched by the proper people to look closer at this so that the next promotion (SW Ep 3) doesn't get messed up.

sith_killer_99
11-05-2002, 07:17 PM
Actually, they will probably put out Silver Anniversary Empire Strikes Back stuff before (or around the same time as) EP3!;)

Then there will be the 30th Ann. SW followed by Silver Ann. ROTJ and 30th Ann. ESB followed by 30th Ann. ROTJ and depending on how often (every 5 years or so) they put out new Ann. sets/figures this could go on forever.:eek:

LOL

JediCole
11-05-2002, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by TheBigSloppy
:
Like I said in an earlier post, the eventual buyer will probably send the sealed case to Toy Grader and have all the uncirculated R2s rated.

It's all about greed. Look for future auctions by the final bidder.

... It is just plain sad when a toy is no longer a toy, but a dollar sign.

Some great points there, Sloppy. Especailly about what use the buyer may make of their purchase. However, bear in mind that if the buyer does as you suggest, then he has to find and even BIGGER sucker to reailize any profit on his investment.

But I am glad that the concept of grading was brought up, as this is as appropriate a thread as any in which to discuss the phenomenon. You see, I was in the comic industry during the collecting boom of the 80s, but we will get back to that in a moment. I can't say I've ever had much use for sports cards personally, but as a life-long collector (comics, toys), I know how it is to be a collector of anything from thimbles to trading cards to beer cans. Anyway, I am reminded of the period when the sports card industry was begining to falter and people's once valuable card collections were being considered less valuable than the paper they were printed on, due in no small part to the fact that over the years the market was increasingly flooded with cards. How to reverse this trend? GRADING! Yes, through the magic of grading you can pretend that your card is worth more than it really is just because some proported authority has hermetically sealed your once pristine, mint card into a plastic case and signed off on its official value.

Now back to the comics boom in the 80s and the inevitable fallout. As with cards, comics began to flood the market with more and more titles and (more significantly) more and more copies. When Jim Lee's X-Men #1 was published, Marvel proudly bandied about the fact that it was (at the time) the first <Doctor Evil voice> one million copy print run. This is not really something to brag about. At one million, that meant that absolutely EVERY collector who wanted one could find one, even despite the collector speculators of the day who bought two to fifty copies, assured of its future worth. Then came the comics bust! Having been around in the salad days, I can assure you that there are a lot fewer comic shops around today than there were in the mid to late 80s. Enter grading, comics style. Yes, grading has come along to save a dying industry - comic back issues.

So it is with some mild concern that I have discovered that grading has already entered the toy collecting world. And as with cards and comics, I can't help but wonder how many people would really WANT a graded card, comic, or toy 20 years from now. In a sense I kind of welcome this profit-driven madness. It means that all of the ungraded, and subsequently UNALTERED items in all of these categories in people's collections will be worth all the more. The more items that are ruined by grading, the more valuable all of the ungraded items become. And I say that I am only mildly concerned about the arrival of grading on the toy scene because unlike trading cards and comics, toys are not entirely collector driven. There is still that market that Hasbro claimed was the only market for toys (including Star Wars), kids. Though the collector market has been a real shot in the arm for many toy lines, and the wise manufacturers are becoming more and more collector aware (even Hasbro stopped beating their "we make our toys for kids because kids are our primary customer" drum), the fact that toys were just toys long before they became collectibles means that they will remain so even if the collector marked goes away. And those of us who see toys as fun to collect will be able to keep after it, even when the money-grubs have determined to look elsewhere for a fast buck!

Deoxyribonucleic
11-06-2002, 12:31 AM
Whatever happens, it certainly will be interesting, that's for sure!

Lyet
11-06-2002, 08:44 AM
You know, you guys could all start a bidding war on it, drive the price up to $2000, and not pay for it. She would still get stuck with the selling fee (which would be a percentage of the $2000. Just a random thought.

TheBigSloppy
11-06-2002, 09:50 AM
That's an idea, but I wouldn't want to tarnish my record - although we could create new accounts/aliases and really sock it to her. What would the fees be for something over $10k?:D

You know I don't really believe we should do this, don't you?:crazed:

Lewis
11-06-2002, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by aharry
Someone actually bid on it.
:crazed: :eek: :rolleyes: :sur: :confused: :stupid: Well i looked at the person's bid profile and guess what?...They sold 2 Jorg Sacul's for over $220 each...Shows what may happen to the R2's as well...:(

aharry
11-06-2002, 02:24 PM
:greedy:
I can't see how they could get anything for them. I thought I read somewhere that people were still getting these yesterday.

JEDIpartner
11-06-2002, 04:06 PM
Well... I know that "slander" is a very bad thing...

But- it's not like I or anyone else called "Toymom" a "fat slag who steals merchandise from warehouses and sells them on eBAY for absolutely criminal prices...!" ;)

Beast
11-06-2002, 04:17 PM
Besides, to quote J. Jonah Jameson from Spider-man in regards to the slander issue.

"I resent that. Slander is spoken. In print it's libel." ;) :D

And I highly doubt that even if Toymom was upset enough to actually bring a lawsuit against the people that bad mouthed her, that Steve would turn over our RL names and info. :happy:

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Lord Tenebrous
11-06-2002, 04:44 PM
Not entirely, Jar Jar. Television and radio "slander" is actually libel, since the original source of the two mediums is printed.

And after seeing that people are able to get multiple Artoos, it's not too hard to believe that Toymom purchased $640 in merchandise to get 32, kept sealed for her "convinience". Her current bid, $650 wouldn't be bad...if she had included the Artoos AND the merchandise she bought. But she's selling some of that separately:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1784127807

aharry
11-06-2002, 08:50 PM
I've seen plenty of those sitting on shelves around here. Something smells fishy here. :greedy:

stad
11-06-2002, 09:06 PM
Actually, (in response to BigSloppy and Lyet) I checked and she would not get stuck with the selling fee, only the listing fee. She could get a refund on the selling fees thru the non-paying bidder forms.

underdog25
11-06-2002, 10:06 PM
Here is some information from inside the TRU family. I can say that I have seen sealed cases of different things sold from time to time. There was a promotion about 2 years ago where TRU sold full cases of Hotwheels. You had to buy whatever case was given to you, couldn't open it up in the store and couldn't return the case unless it was still sealed. As far as SW stuff, I have NEVER seen a sealed case sold, PERIOD! I wouldn't even know how someone could get a sealed case of these R2's out the door. This is/was due to the hush-hush nature of the promotion and the "lock-down" actions that were suppost to happen when the cases came into the store. To make matters worse, the R2's are suppost to be at the Customer Service area so it would be impossible to get a full, sealed case out of the building without getting caught. I think that it is fair to assume that there is some "insider" buiz going on here. Even if she bought the $640 worth of Merch to get a full case, I don't know any HONEST TRU MGR that would give a person a sealed case. Could you imagine if you were there at the time this case went out of the building? How would you react to seeing that? I'd blow a fuse for sure!

Val Da Car
11-06-2002, 10:12 PM
mmmm....much Anger I sense....The Dark Side.....padawan

Val Da Car
11-08-2002, 12:28 AM
Well he paid...let's see how long it is before he starts selling the figures off....

Dr Zoltar
11-08-2002, 02:19 AM
My 2 cents is that we should all contact TRU corporate HQ and tell them what is going on. Not just what toymom did, but the different TRU's handling the promotion differently. Report only what you've directly seen, not just was rumored. The inconsistency of this promotional giveaway really make me wonder about TRU's ethics. In the "Did you get your R2-D2" thread there seems to be numerous stories of how each store dealt with the promotion differently.

Mandalorian Candidat
11-08-2002, 12:34 PM
Wow, I miss all the good stuff when I take a break from the forums.

Another wacky twist on the whole scalper issue. I wonder if that $650 auction winner will ever make his money back or if he's/she's buying up all the excess R2s to destroy them to make the others more valuable. :confused:

Beast
11-08-2002, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by Mandalorian Candidat
he's/she's buying up all the excess R2s to destroy them to make the others more valuable. :confused:
Damn you, how did you discover my evil plans. With estimates of about 70,000 produced, I don't see the R2-D2 being worth much in the future. Hell, Jorg Sacul had 25,000 or so produced, and he's only going for around $50-$60 right now. And other then the lame AFA graded figures, he continues to fall. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Dr Zoltar
11-08-2002, 04:13 PM
Well I called the corporate office of TRU and relayed my experience with obtaining the promotional R2. They were very nice and promissed to pass the info along to the appropriate people. I also notice that these silver R2's are now selling on eBay from $15 - $25. ** Sigh ** Whatever happened to "Everyone that wants one will get one?"

Beast
11-08-2002, 04:23 PM
They were made in sufficiant numbers, for everyone that wants one to get one. But with any promotion involving limited numbers of an item, people get greedy. Just look at some of the reports on these very forums. People buying the $20.00 worth of stuff to get the R2-D2, taking the merchandise back, then doing it again and again. Someone was bragging that he ended up with 4 of them, and only ended up paying about $10.00. :greedy: :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

icatch9
11-08-2002, 04:34 PM
I agree what some people do is wrong. Certainly that "woman" selling a case of them is doing something very illegal and probally could be investigated by the FBI. That's going a bit far, but the laws the law.

What's wrong with getting a few of these. I myself have more than one, but have done it totally legal. I've bought several things (X Wing, Luke's Speeder, Gunship, Areana, and figures) and gotten a free R2 each time. Is there anything wrong with that? I'm doing it by the book and buying stuff I want anyway, might as well get something free. Am I wrong? Hell, I'd do the same thing if they where giveing away something lame like a goofy comic, or tradeing card. Free is free and since I'm going to buy them anyway I might as well get something for it.

I don't plan on returning these things to buy them again to get more R2's (besides it is on the reciet so I don't think that would work). But, as long as there is stuff at TRU that I need, I'll be getting a free R2 to go along with it.

Beast
11-08-2002, 04:48 PM
Oh, I'm not saying there is anything wrong with getting more then one. As long as you do it following the rules of the deal. Purchase $19.99 worth of Hasbro Star Wars stuff, and get a free Silver R2-D2.

It's the people that are attempting to take advantage of the deal that hurt everyone else. Like I mentioned above, taking the stuff that you bought back. Or just buying the R2-D2 for a penny, because you got some new gullible cashier that didn't know better. :)

It's similar to the people that complain to no end that Hasbro makes so many exclusives. Well, that never wouldn't have happened if you would have bought the vehicles for full price when they were released, instead of waiting for clerance sales.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

icatch9
11-08-2002, 05:39 PM
Those are some very interesting points you raise about exclusives. I don't mind them myself. I think it's a good idea and fun. I've never had a problem finding any of them. But you are right, the main reason they do exclusives is becasue Hasbro knows that they cannot sell enough to make them avalable at every store.

I think it's a very viscious circle. We as collectors and fans want detailed ships that look good. Hasbro accomadates us, but has to charge a high price to do it. We as the consumer refuse to pay a high price for certain vehicles. Thus, the stores and or Hasbro has to reduce the price. Then we buy them. This has caused a very bad habit. People waiting for stuff to go on sale becasue they know it will, becasue Hasbro has done it so often in the past. It's like the original retail price is a joke and for suckers, becasue we know it will be on sale if we wait long enough.

This is true in some cases, but it will never be like the great sales of '98-99. I don't think we'll ever see the Degobah X Wing lower than $40.00. I don't think we'll see the TIE Bomber for $10.00. I don't think we'll find the Arena for $15.00 (except perhaps at Target who clearances their stuff like crazy). Those cut rate prices are long gone.

If we want cool ships that are new we have to buy the ones they put out now. Bussiness work on numbers, and if they are not selling the number they want to on "Ship A" then they aren't going to take a risk on makeing "Ship B". If we want more stuff we have to buy the stuff they make now. It's not fair but that's the way business is run.

Lewis
11-09-2002, 02:33 AM
Talking about the law is the law....My friend i work with got Episode 2 on DVD region 1 yesterday (Friday) He ordered it on Tuesday!?! He was told that it was released early in th US, Now apart from being a bit...(a LOT ) actually jealous,how has this happened? have you lot got it before us in the UK? or has an importer broke the law to make a quick sale.......The person i work with is an honest and respectful one so i believe him :mad: :cry: :mad:

Beast
11-09-2002, 02:44 AM
On-line retailers can send out DVD's before streetdate. Because they are allowed to try to get DVD's into the people that orders them hands, on the release date. Usually that equals people recieveing thier DVD's early. It is not against the company imposed release dates to do that. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Lewis
11-09-2002, 02:50 AM
Thanks for letting me know JJB, Just a bit miffed about it,he was telling me about the headbutt scene that the US get but we aren't due to some reason :( I have seen the scene and dont know why they mess about doing such things,He said the menu's are well kewl....:p

Val Da Car
11-09-2002, 07:28 PM
Did anyone else get a pm from someone saying that he works with "Toymom" and she received threats (which is uncool and illegal) and some information?

Thanks
Val Da Car

Beast
11-09-2002, 07:37 PM
I didn't. Sounds like a bunch of BS to me. Either someone playing games, or someone that really does work with "Toymom" that is trying to scare people off from sniffing around. :p

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Val Da Car
11-09-2002, 07:39 PM
should I "post the entire message" pm'd to me....

thanks
jjb

Beast
11-09-2002, 07:43 PM
I would suggest more that you alert Sir Steve or JT, and forward the PM to them. Posting the PM is up to you, I don't know how Steve's site is. At some sites, that is against the rules of the board. Either way, it sounds like BS to me. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Val Da Car
11-09-2002, 07:45 PM
Thanks for the advice...The last thing I want to do is air some inaccurate information or tick off any moderator....let alone break any rules.

stad
11-09-2002, 08:39 PM
But due to our own sick interest...POST IT!!! After all, we need something juicy to keep this thread going!

Val Da Car
11-09-2002, 10:20 PM
Patience young one...patience

TheBigSloppy
11-09-2002, 11:19 PM
What's a PM?

Val Da Car
11-09-2002, 11:20 PM
Private Message....nothing more

TheBigSloppy
11-09-2002, 11:22 PM
Ohhhhhh. . .you mean that PM!

Yeah, I was just kidding when I sent that to you!!! (wink wink).

Val Da Car
11-09-2002, 11:27 PM
kewl....crystals are so awesome.....

so are PM's

TheBigSloppy
11-09-2002, 11:35 PM
My magic eight ball says, 'Your PM looks promising.'

Val Da Car
11-09-2002, 11:39 PM
btw can you see my new logo ok?

TheBigSloppy
11-09-2002, 11:47 PM
With a magnifying glass? Yes.

Without one. Yes.

Racer X!

Dar' Argol
11-09-2002, 11:49 PM
OK guys, back on track.

Val Da Car sent me the Pm in question. Here is the jist of it. Obviously I am not including names.

The person who sent the PM said that his boss told him his Wife was getting "e-mails threating her life". He stated that his boss's wife did NOT steal the case. They purchased over $700 in SW stuff from TRU.

"they thought it was fair to give him 5 silver R2's for every $100.00 he spent and thats how the case came into there posession"

This person then goes on to say:
"but i can assure it wasnt stolen
he doesnt work at a toys r us
his wife doesnt work there
he just talks to managers and other people working there"

So I am not 100% sure on the validity of this, but I felt the info needed to be presented. I do hope this info is correct, I really do.

Val Da Car
11-09-2002, 11:54 PM
Dar talk to The Big Sloppy he has something for you to review...if that is okay with you TBS..

Beast
11-09-2002, 11:57 PM
Sounds like bullcrap to me. I doubt that anyone here was sending threats. And I doubt that the case was obtained as was stated. Since the deal specificially says, "Limit 1 per person, per purchase." So it sounds shady as hell to me still. Like I said before, sounds like she's just trying to get the focus off her. Not to mention the fact, that TRU opened the cases, for the giveaway. There shouldn't be sealed cases. Unless she had somthing worked out with the TRU Employees. Sounds fishy to me. I don't see her attempting to sell $700 worth of Star Wars stuff. :p

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

TheBigSloppy
11-10-2002, 12:20 AM
One step ahead of you my friend. . .;)

icatch9
11-11-2002, 03:13 PM
I agree it sounds like BS, but who's to know for sure. I can say that I did see sealed cases (about 4) at my TRU. I got the first Silver R2 at my TRU, so that part is possible. Also, I've found out that most to all TRU employees could give a poop. Also many don't have a clue about the free give away, or how it's supposed to work. It's not thier fault, but the fault of the management who's job it is to inform thier employees.

The story of $700 woth of stuff sounds fishy, but it's possible. It's a lot easier for the rest of us to believe that these things were gotten ileagaly, but with an open mind one can believe anything.

Either way, these things aren't going to be worth anything, so I hope she or they enjoy thier 32 R2s. I doubt that one bid was a real bidder, more like a shill bidder. Once again anything is possible. When they get thier hands on a case of 32 Toy Fair Vaders, then we can send Death Threats. Not for a measly R2 that everyone and thier brother has :).

BanthaPoodoo
11-11-2002, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by Jar Jar Binks

It's the people that are attempting to take advantage of the deal that hurt everyone else. ...... Or just buying the R2-D2 for a penny, because you got some new gullible cashier that didn't know better.

I resemble that remark.... Hey, if they're dumb enough to put it on the floor & sell it for a penny, I sure as **** am gonna buy it for a penny. And for you to say that you or no one else wouldnt do the same thing is complete rubbish.

Beast
11-11-2002, 04:11 PM
Why not take the next step. Hey, if they are going to be dumb enough to leave the store unattended, I am sure as hell going to steal stuff from them. You yourself knew the nature of the deal, taking advantage of it and attempting to fool yourself into thinking what you did was right, is the real rubbish. But it's not as bad as the folks that are actually trying to rip TRU off. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Val Da Car
11-11-2002, 04:12 PM
As for me I went to my TRU and bought $20+ in stuff for me twice and one for a friend for his kid for Christmas. I now have two silver R2's that my wife wants to keep and my friend's son very happy for the Holidays.

I have the receipts to prove it....

It is shame that the TRU by you have no clue about how a promotion needs to be run. Which means that your TRU could close or get new management if mismanaged any further.

BanthaPoodoo
11-11-2002, 04:16 PM
It is shame that the TRU by you have no clue about how a promotion needs to be run. Which means that your TRU could close or get new management if mismanaged any further.

Actually, it's not a TRU, it's a Geoffrey.

Anyway, TRU should have put the figure in the computer at $4.99 for just this reason. They could have made it so that it gets charged on the receipt at $4.99 & then credited back. So then, if someone puts it on the sales floor & someone buys one it will be $4.99 instead of $0.01.

Dont get mad at me for purchasing a figure that was sold for $0.01. I didnt do anything wrong. They had it marked a penny, I scanned it at every scanner I could find around the store to be sure nothing was wrong, took it to the front, they scanned it, then they asked the manager to be sure it could be sold for a penny, they said yes so I bought it.

If you want to get mad at anyone then get mad at TRU for putting it a penny to begin with. Or get mad at TRU for not stocking anything new for me to buy!!!! I went to WM got 8 new figs there instead.

Beast
11-11-2002, 04:22 PM
Agreed, they never should have put it on the sales floor like that. They also should know the nature of the deal better, seems they didn't even bother to check it out.

You morally did somthing wrong, since you did know the nature of the deal. But like I said, atleast you didn't go out of your way to be sure that you ripped TRU off. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

BanthaPoodoo
11-11-2002, 04:28 PM
Actually, if I wanted to be morally wrong I would buy it for a penny, go to ebay sell it for 50 & make a huge profit. But I didnt & I won't. I buy strictly for me. Have been since the vintage series were at LaBelle's in Cheyenne, WY for $1 way back in the day.

I will not, have not, & will never sell any toy for a profit on ebay or anywhere else.

TheBigSloppy
11-11-2002, 04:42 PM
Read my lips. . .I will not raise taxes, I mean, sell any toy for a profit.

Wasn't that said before by someone. Hmmmmmm? Just kidding, couldn't resist.

Actually, what would be incredibly morally wrong is buying 100 of these for a penny each from a blind cashier, then selling on sleezeBay for a gazillion dollars each to needy children in Africa. Heck, let's take it a step further - get all of them AFA graded, then sell on sleezeBay to needy children!

BanthaPoodoo
11-11-2002, 04:48 PM
to show how honest I am, go check out my profile at ebay: mrpickering

I bought an in dash mp3 player for $240. Did I sell it for more? No, in fact I had the reserve set at $10 below with the buy it now at the same price. I was just looking to get rid of it cause it didnt fit my truck.

I could have sold if for more ($280-300) but I am not that way. I just know a good deal when I see one. That's all.

TheBigSloppy
11-11-2002, 04:54 PM
Dude, I said I was just kidding.

BanthaPoodoo
11-11-2002, 05:07 PM
No, I wasnt saying anything about you, just wanted to point out that my ethics are in check, for those that seem to question it.

And for anyone to call me morally wrong when they buy two or more of some figures is ludicrous.

Okay, letting it go now.........

TheBigSloppy
11-11-2002, 05:18 PM
Would you like to lay on my couch? It's okay to cry in my office. . .

BanthaPoodoo
11-11-2002, 05:24 PM
Sure! :):):):):):):)

TheBigSloppy
11-11-2002, 05:29 PM
Okay. But you can't stay!

I'VE BEEN KNOWN TO DO THIS MORE OFTEN THAN NOT
Here is complete non-sequitor. . .and, yes, I know this goes off the beaten path and I apologize. But I can't help myself. Do you guys realize that Wil Wheaton (aka Wesley Crusher, Star Trek TNG) has his own website that he personally tends to? I didn't until I stumbled across a link to his site: www.wilwheaton.net

Surreal. Just freakin surreal.

Talk about someone who needs to lay on the couch and let go. . .

TheBigSloppy
11-11-2002, 05:30 PM
Back on topic.

VAL. Did you receive a certain something from a certain someone today?

Val Da Car
11-11-2002, 09:27 PM
Yep...I did get it today...some very interesting reading....very interesting like most forms of fiction....

I am a little behind due to some fun at the office....oh another email virus in the building....hopefully someone got a shot for that...btw I am going to my local Wally world for the AoTC DVD at midnight (CST) after taking a nap.

As for that item maybe something good will come from it.

icatch9
11-12-2002, 09:44 AM
No one is going to sell a Silver R2 for anything over $10 (and they'd be lucky to do that) and certainly not $50. It is the easiest figure to get right now. I've sceen more Silver R2's than Saga C3P0. So why all the hub bub? These where made easy to get on purpose. People taking advantage and ripping TRU off big deal. I don't think this is the right place to discuss morals, or a very popular topic. What's next, politics and religion. Clearly some people aren't busniness minded and aren't after the all mighty dollar. Some are, but who's right and who's wrong? What makes the people who sell stuff for a profit so wrong, or what makes people who don't sell so right. There are no answers and frankly money always wins.

Also, where does the line stop? No one is selling vintage stuff for the $1 is used to cost, so why should I or anyone else sell a TF Vader or Sagal for the price that was originaly paid. When is it alright, to sell. How long do you have to wait? A year, 2 years, 10 years. When does it become alright.

Money makes the world go around, and more importantly money makes Star Wars go around. It's important the everyone realizes that.

Deoxyribonucleic
11-15-2002, 01:36 PM
Here's another auction for a full case of silver R2's. At least this person's auction started out with a decent price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1786242361

Val Da Car
11-15-2002, 02:01 PM
jedifett lives has up for sale some AFA Toygraded figures....mmmm wonder what he/she is up to if jedifett lives has two cases of Silver R2's?

methinks a plan is forming

TheBigSloppy
11-15-2002, 02:15 PM
Fall to the dark side he has. . .

Turbowars
11-17-2002, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
They were made in sufficiant numbers, for everyone that wants one to get one. But with any promotion involving limited numbers of an item, people get greedy. Just look at some of the reports on these very forums. People buying the $20.00 worth of stuff to get the R2-D2, taking the merchandise back, then doing it again and again. Someone was bragging that he ended up with 4 of them, and only ended up paying about $10.00. :greedy: :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks hey that was me, but i ended up with 5. to this day my tru still has them in stock. I did nothing wrong. Besides, I have spent $1000's at TRU, they owe me. LOL

Beast
11-17-2002, 02:32 PM
Yeah, I was referring to you. And you did do somthing wrong, you technically stole from TRU because you didn't follow the rules of the deal. TRU doesn't owe you anything, and using that to justify stealing from them is sad. :rolleyes: :p

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Turbowars
11-17-2002, 02:49 PM
Hey I guess you are mad at me again JJB. You can kiss my... well you know;) I think I'll go and get 10 more today.;)

Banthaholic
11-17-2002, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by turbowars
Hey I guess you are mad at me again JJB. You can kiss my... well you know;) I think I'll go and get 10 more today.;)
I might be missing some sarcasm here, but I think this is just a pore attitude to have.

One on the majority alot of the bigger Star Wars collectors are resonably respectable. For instance, if I walked into a Wal-mart and they had 5 Ephant Mon's, and I only need 1, I'm not going to buy all 5 and hoard them from the rest of the collectors. I respect that there are other collectors out there, and I Only take what I need leave the rest out there for the next unsuspecting soul to have their day made.

To take advantage of errors is wrong. If they would have handed me more than 1 R2 I would have gave it back, it's the right moral thing to do.

Turbowars
11-18-2002, 12:55 AM
Oh I forgot we were in church. I'm so sick of some of you that think you are holier than holy. I hardly think that me getting 5 R2's, that were free to all is stealing. Hell if you guys want one I'll give you one. My TRU still has them. JJB and Ban, just pretend I'm not here.

Beast
11-18-2002, 01:03 AM
They were not free to all. The terms of the deal was that you got one with a $19.99 purchase. You didn't purchase anything, you just stole 5 R2-D2's from the store. Don't try to make yourself look good by offering to give them away.

You still screwed TRU out of 5 R2's, which made the collecting community look bad. You really think that TRU or Hasbro is ever going to want to do another similar giveaway, after people cheat and swindle to obtain them. :rolleyes:

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
11-18-2002, 01:07 AM
hey that was me, but i ended up with 5. to this day my tru still has them in stock. I did nothing wrong. Besides, I have spent $1000's at TRU, they owe me. LOL

Why do they owe you? You bought stuff there voluntarily. They didn't put a gun to your head and say you had to buy the stuff, if you wanted some R2's then just trade for them or something.

Oh I forgot we were in church. I'm so sick of some of you that think you are holier than holy. I hardly think that me getting 5 R2's, that were free to all is stealing. Hell if you guys want one I'll give you one. My TRU still has them. JJB and Ban, just pretend I'm not here.

Ahem. No one on here is "holier" than anyone, it's just a matter of morals. You obviously have very little. True getting 5 R2's wouldn't of been stealing...had you paid for them. See? You bought the stuff, got the R2s, returned the stuff, kept the R2s and thus stole from them.

Turbowars
11-18-2002, 01:13 AM
I said it before, I spent 40 bucks, but got 5 r2, so what! You know what, I take it back JJB, I would never give you anything. You have tried to make me look bad it the past and I looked the other way and tried to be friendly with you. You are rude person and I would rather you not have anything to do with me. In fact please put me on your ignore list. Oh and make sure you run and tell a mod about this.

LTBasker
11-18-2002, 01:21 AM
You have tried to make me look bad it the past

You're doing that yourself.

$40 does not buy 5 R2's, well unless of course they were from Amazon in which the fifth would've been free. However you say you went to a store, so theres definitely stealing. :rolleyes:

Beast
11-18-2002, 01:24 AM
I said it before, I spent 40 bucks, but got 5 r2, so what! You know what, I take it back JJB, I would never give you anything. You have tried to make me look bad it the past and I looked the other way and tried to be friendly with you. You are rude person and I would rather you not have anything to do with me. In fact please put me on your ignore list. Oh and make sure you run and tell a mod about this.

You stated before, that you took what you bought back. So if you spent $40, it still involved ripping off the TRU first 4 (now 5) R2-D2's. Thanks, I wouldn't accept stolen merchandise so the point is moot anyway. I don't have to try to make you look bad, you do pretty darn well yourself. This case of your lack of morals is a pretty good example. I don't believe in ignoring anyone, since they don't deserve it. By the way, I love how you claim that there has to be some honest people in the world. Excluding yourself, obviously. :)

Hey Crunchy, I bought my 1st R2 at the PR TRU, but it was listed on the receipt. I got the 2nd at Bur TRU and it wasn't listed, so I went to my parents house, I stopped by the Crappy @ss Van Huys TRU, returned a 12" Dooku, and bought 4 figures and they didn't scan R2. Last R2 I went to Bur, returned the 4 figures, but they scanned R2, so I stopped. I guess I paid $10 for 4 R2, eachfigure

Mark2d2, there has to be some honest people in this world!:) Hey I look at it this way, I have spent many $1000's on SW crap and I think Hasblow owes me, damn it.

NO FNING WAT NUGGY!!!!!! I hate TRU. Why would anyone making 7.50 an hour care???
http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=193585#post193585

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

2-1B
11-18-2002, 01:24 AM
I agree, swindling them out of 3 silver R2s is pretty shady.

The only thing dorkier than ripping off a store that way is the fact that you are ripping them off of a shiny robot figure. :stupid:

Turbowars
11-18-2002, 01:26 AM
What ever. Say what you want. It really doesn't matter. Nothing around here can ever be light hearted. Like I said My TRU around here still has them. In fact they are sitting on the counters now. A buddy of mine didn't even spend 20, and they gave him one. Who's next to gang up on me? Do it now so we can go on with trying to have fun.

Beast
11-18-2002, 01:30 AM
Well, typically around here, things such as robbery, swindling, outright theft, and the like, is never taken lightly. Or did you miss the page where most people consider that sort of thing wrong. Oh well, some people just have no morals. What ya gonna do, other then hope that karma bites them on the arse. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Turbowars
11-18-2002, 01:31 AM
Hey JJB, That's really cool that you bothered to link what I have typed. I hope it didn't take to much of your time.

Turbowars
11-18-2002, 01:34 AM
Man you guys are making me feel so bad, that I think I'll return all 5 and let TRU keep my 40 bucks. Would you stop crying then? No , because you guys are a bunch of cry babbies. You know what, I'm done with this thread, if you would like to bash me some more go ahead. I got to go to bed so I can go steal some more R2's tomorrow. Have fun guys.LOL

Turbowars
11-18-2002, 07:02 PM
Oh one last think. Thanks for the attacks on me guys. I thought most of you knew me and were chat buddies. That's OK. I hope this is dropped, so we can have fun again.

Val Da Car
11-22-2002, 11:46 PM
looks like Jedifett got his case of R2's

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=751&item=1920198730

Deoxyribonucleic
11-24-2002, 12:41 AM
looks like Jedifett got his case of R2's

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=751&item=1920198730

That person had bid and won on all of those big silver R2 auctions.

Hmmmmm, I really really am interested to see what he/she will do with them.

They might have another name they will sell them under???

if anything, it's interesting to watch and see what's going on :)

Prince Xizor
11-24-2002, 01:48 AM
Wow, this thread gettings damn heated. I think I am gonna pull up a recliner and get some popcorn! ;)

But anyway, has the same guy really won multiple auctions of sliver R2s? Thats crazy! Maybe it's actually the same guy who set-ups all the auctions, and then bid on them to blow up the prices, but it backfired in his face.

Val Da Car
11-24-2002, 08:29 AM
Actually he won the sealed?!?!?! case of silver R2's in the auction linked in the first post of this thread...