PDA

View Full Version : Freddy Vs. Jason, Holy Macaroni!

James Boba Fettfield
11-02-2002, 10:52 PM
I heard about the movie being discussed for years now, but I didn't think filming had begun already. Well, go here to see some pictures and such if interested.

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=746&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0

Beast
11-02-2002, 11:09 PM
I'm not thrilled that they decided to ditch Kane Hodder and go a different direction with the Jason charecter. I'll probably go see, but they should have stuck with Kane. Especially since he's been trying to get the movie made for years. :p

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

James Boba Fettfield
11-02-2002, 11:20 PM
From a fan's point of view, I can see being disappointed with him not playing Jason. Though I am sure the Jason character will appear to be like he always he is. I'm happy Freddy is still Freddy. It's like if they stopped using Doug Bradley for Hellraiser.

Beast
11-02-2002, 11:37 PM
I dunno, I still think it was pretty crappy of them to get a new actor for the role. They said in one interview that they wanted to give him sad hound dog eyes. But it's not like Kane Hodder couldn't emote with his eyes.

I know that he's not the only person to play Jason, and didn't originate the role. But he has played him 4 times, and put alot of hard work into getting the movie made.

Travelling around at conventions, talking to fans, trying to get things going. And then to be stabbed in the back and replaced with a new actor. Besides, look at the picture of the new Jason. He looks chubby, for cripes sake. :p

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

James Boba Fettfield
11-02-2002, 11:43 PM
Jason always appeared to be getting fatter as time progressed. I don't think it was right, for whatever reason, for him to be replaced. Have you heard about the situation with Hodder and the film makers? I have no idea, but do you know what happened for him to be replaced? Money problems? Or is their official reason because of the eye thing?

Beast
11-02-2002, 11:48 PM
I don't know why they replaced him, but I heard that he was a bit upset about it. Nobody seems to be really answering why he was replaced. The only thing I have ever read was the fact that they wanted to change the charecter, including giving him more hound dog eyes. Maybe he was being difficult.

They do mention on the Jason X DVD that he likes to offer his opinion on how Jason would do things. Which I don't think is wrong, since he knows the charecter so well. Maybe he didn't like the changes that they planned for the charecter, and instead of working it out with him, they just didn't accept him for the role. :stupid: :p

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

James Boba Fettfield
11-02-2002, 11:57 PM
I found a little something here, still looking for more... http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=464

Added: Okay, here is a story reported a few days later about the situation with Kane: http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=494

More added: So, here we have the first story reporting Kane to be in a Werewolf movie making his filming in the new movie impossible. But days later a representative for Kane says he is in negotiations for the part of Jason. But then we learn Kane is replaced with the stuntman Ken Kirzinger, who interestingly enough worked as a stuntman for Kane in Friday the 13th Part 8. More news as it becomes available.

And here is more: Okay, here is a story with the director of the film, Ronny Yu. He discusses shooting multiple endings for this film (cool), his directing techniques, and a reason for Kane being replaced. He says New Line wanted a fresh look for Jason (BS). I'm wondering, how do you get a fresh look when the guy is wearing a mask? Anywho, the story in question is here http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=692
Also of note, read the director's comments about humor in the movie. I'm scared to think what they may try.

2-1B
11-03-2002, 12:19 PM
I don't care if Kane isn't involved, I'll be seeing it for Robert Englund ! :)

derek
11-03-2002, 12:49 PM
i'm not entirely familiar with both these characters, but dosen't freddy kruger exist in an alternate "dream" reality or something? is freddy going to be haunting jason's nightmares or something?

at least this isn't as stupid an idea as batman vs. superman.:rolleyes: i think conan o'brien summed up that one best by saying, "superman has SUPER powers, batman is just some nut in a costume!":crazed:

187-Maul
11-04-2002, 10:58 AM
I don't know about the new actor, but as long as the movie will be kinda like the old NOES or FT13th movies, I'll be happy:)
got about time to hear something new about this since it was planned for so long

James Boba Fettfield
11-04-2002, 11:10 AM
I know what you mean about the whole time issue. I can remember this idea being mentioned on the news back when Jason Goes To Hell was new. It's been long coming and about time, too.

SirSteve
11-04-2002, 11:53 AM
I don't know if this is going to be good or stupid...

Prince Xizor
11-04-2002, 02:05 PM
I hope its like Jason X, where the creators kind of knew that they were making a cheesy film, and directed that way.

James Boba Fettfield
11-04-2002, 04:50 PM
The director wants to throw the Good Guys doll in as kind of a thing to look for in the movie for fans. I think the director knows what he is working with and won't try to be super serious with it all.

El Chuxter
11-04-2002, 05:41 PM
It doesn't matter to me who's Jason. Jason is a dead nut in a mask. He slashes, slashes, slashes, and gets killed off in the end.

Freddy is a real character, though. He's funny, raunchy, unpredictable, and he always made the NoES series a whole lot more fun than any other slasher films. And Robert Englund is Freddy Krueger. There could be no one else in that role, period.

As to who will win, I'm sure the studio will somehow make it a draw with the human characters coming out on top. Though we all know that, in a real fight, Freddy would whoop Jason's bum seven ways from next Sunday. :)

Jayspawn
11-07-2002, 01:25 AM
I think the previews look pretty good. It should be interesting. I wish they could have used the same guy for Jason.

James Boba Fettfield
11-15-2002, 02:50 PM
There's more news on this movie today.

Ryan J. Downey, with additional reporting by Greg Kaplan

Kelly Rowland has been having nightmares. You see, Freddy Kreuger is trying to slice and dice the Destiny's Child singer before Jason Voorhees gets a chance to splatter her blood all over his hockey mask.

Despite Englund's more idyllic aspirations for Rowland, the fact is her first role finds her smack in the middle of a long-awaited onscreen matchup between filmdom's most famous sequel-spawning slashers. It teams them up only long enough to dismember a few teens then they're at each other's throats.

And really, "Freddy vs. Jason" was inevitable. After 10 gore-filled "Friday the 13th" movies and seven "A Nightmare on Elm Street" flicks, what was left for these two to do die? Been there. Jason in space? Done that. Freddy meets Roseanne? Don't ask ...

Freddy and Jason share a love of killing, but beyond that, they don't have much in common, so it's not that far of a stretch for them to fight. Freddy's a disgustingly articulate child killer who spends his evenings haunting the dreams of the teen children of the vigilante mob who torched him to death. Jason is a silent and mindless killing machine who favors knives, axes, arrows or whatever's handy to dismember his victims.

Tour the "Freddy Vs. Jason" set

Freddy hangs out in a smoky supernatural boiler room inhabited by noisy lambs, human-faced pit bulls and plenty of pipes to sharpen his claws upon. Jason lives in the woods near Camp Crystal Lake, where inexplicably year after year fresh counselors and sex-crazed teens arrive in droves for his slaughtering pleasure.

The "King Kong vs. Godzilla"-style matchup was hinted at not-so-subtly way back at the end of 1993's "Jason Goes to Hell," when Freddy's glove was seen clutching at Jason's equally distinctive hockey mask.

"I've been signed, sealed and delivered on this for a couple of years," Englund explained. "And it went through a lot of incarnations, both with scripts and with directors." It wasn't until "Bride of Chucky" director Ronny Yu came along that Englund felt "Freddy vs. Jason" could be made into a picture as fun as the title suggested, without robbing either character of their scariness via " 'Abbott and Costello Meets Freddy and Jason' kind of crap."

"... it's pretty sick stuff." -Robert Englund

"I always thought the real trick of 'Freddy vs. Jason' [is that] you had to get into Jason's nightmares. We've got to see what makes Jason tick," Englund offered. "In this movie we get in there. And Freddy's walking around in there, getting his feet dirty. And it's pretty sick stuff."

Buried in the plot of "Freddy vs. Jason" is (gasp!) a bit of social commentary. The Elm Street folks have managed to escape Freddy by stuffing their teens with pills to prevent them from dreaming. Freddy uses Jason to get around all that, and get back to the killing.

"[It's] a metaphor about how easy it is to medicate society these days," Englund said, chewing on his spectacles. "And it's discovered that people need to dream. ... Freddy's at loose ends to get people afraid of him anymore, [because] if you don't dream, Freddy can't hurt you."

"Freddy's trying to regenerate himself and he's using Jason to instill fear in the relatives of the offspring of the original Elm Street vigilantes," he said. "Freddy needs to manipulate Jason, and when he's in the dreams he can. What happens is that Freddy creates a Frankenstein. ... Freddy kind of spoils him, gives him a little too much dog food and he kind of turns on his master. And that's the gist of the plot."

Ambitious metaphors aside, the fun for the audience will be watching the carnage unfold as Freddy and Jason wreak havoc.

Picture this: Lights are flashing, techno's pumping and girls are wearing very little. That familiar "choo-choo, ha-ha" whisper is heard as Jason appears on the dance floor. Opting not to cut a rug, he cuts the rave party short instead, hacking apart the kids and halving the keg with his machete.

After filming the scene, cast and crew had to dodge police on their way home for fear of having to explain the blood and beer stains all over their clothes. It's just one of the fan-pleasing scenes Hong Kong director Yu has put together. "Freddy vs. Jason" also revisits the characters' back stories, giving Englund a chance to do some makeup-free scenes a la "Nightmare" installments 2, 6 and 7.

"It's what Freddy was doing [in the boiler room] ..."

"Now it's [like the TV show] 'Millennium' serial-killer creepy," he promised. "It's Freddy's scrapbook. It's what Freddy was doing [in the boiler room] before they threw the Molotov cocktails. I'm also going to do this scene right when he gets off with the hung jury, when my lawyer gets me off. I'm trying to get a suit for Freddy. I see him as being kind of like a rockabilly Lee Harvey Oswald."

Take that, mix-it all up with a little bit of "Matrix"-style wirework (!) and something-or-other involving demons, and there just may be a little something in "Freddy vs. Jason" for everybody.

"... a heavy-metal, speed-punk dose of horror icons."

"The hat, that filthy sweater, obviously the claw and the universality of it all," Englund said, listing off the keys to Freddy's continued appeal. "Everybody's had nightmares. And then with Jason, it's just the nihilism of Jason. He's just this relentless killing machine. And both characters have a certain kind of punk aspect. They are sort of punishing suburban adolescent America. And I think that on a subliminal level, the kids respond to that. I think that is part of the fun of those characters. So together you are getting sort of a heavy-metal, speed-punk dose of horror icons."

And of course, there's also Kelly Rowland.

"My character, Kia, is really mouthy, [and there's] a scene in the movie where everybody is going to enjoy it," Rowland promised. "It's a part where me and Freddy have got some interaction going on. It's really cool."

"I want you [fans] to know I've dispatched Kelly Rowland from Destiny's Child already," Englund croaked, slipping into character as he left the makeup trailer for the boiler room. "Nelly, look out! You're next! Then I'm on to the boy bands

"I had a nightmare that night. I woke up and prayed." -Kelly Rowlands

Next summer's "Freddy vs. Jason" won't be the first time Jason has swung his machete or Freddy's taunted a victim with sadistic one-liners. But for Kelly Rowland, it was her first movie-making experience period, and frankly it scared the crap out of her.

"I was afraid of Freddy and Jason. I was actually afraid of them my first day on the set," Rowland recalled. "There are actually some scenes in the movie that freaked me out. ... It is a little scary being on the movie set, because there are nights where we're shooting in the cornfields and it's dark and it's scary outside.

"I could not watch the Freddy [or] Jason movies because I was scared, all my life," she continued. "But I did see a piece of [one], and I had a nightmare that night. I woke up and prayed."

In makeup with Freddy

It's years later now and scaredy-cat Kelly is confronting her nightmares, even getting cozy with Robert Englund, the 53-year-old actor who's endured hundreds of hours in the makeup chair to play Freddy in eight terrifying movies.

"I want to tell you about one weird thing, though," Kelly recounted. "Freddy was talking to me about Destiny's Child, and [with] his voice and dressed up like Freddy that was just odd to me. I've been afraid of this man all my life and [now] he's like, 'So, what's up with the girls?' "

"Well, I must tell the fans of Destiny's Child out there," Englund said, relaxing in his trailer on the film's chilly Vancouver, British Columbia, set, "yes it's true, I'm chasing the lovely Kelly Rowland out of the woods, and it's a tough job, but somebody's got to do it. I only knew that Kelly, you know, that sexy video Kelly. And it's funny because in real life she looks younger and she's like Audrey Hepburn to me."

Excited to again slip into Freddy's bladed glove, the black fedora and the dirty red-and-green sweater, Englund talks animatedly with his hands as he dishes plot secrets and some of the intimate moments he shared with the second Destiny's Child singer to turn actress.

"The other night Kelly and I had worked all night together," he said, "and she [was] covered in fake blood and [had been] dragged through the mud ... and I heard in the back seat this [snoring sound]. And I looked over the back seat and there she was, all curled up, so beautiful, snoring. She was gone. She was out. So now I can tell people, 'I watched Kelly Rowland sleep.' And I guess in a way, it was sort of my extension of Freddy."

"She's so classy," Englund went on. "She has that Grace Kelly/Audrey Hepburn aspect to her. I'm just waiting for someone to capture that. I would love to see her in a Cinderella story or a 'Roman Holiday'[-type] film."

Englund pointed to a snapshot of a bloody and bewildered-looking Rowland taped to his mirror. "That's a great photo," he said, twisting his face into a sly grin.

There's some pictures you can see with this same article if you follow the url below.

http://www.mtv.com/bands/m/movie_house/fvj_feature_021114/index.jhtml?epiNum=9

James Boba Fettfield
12-07-2002, 12:01 AM
An interview with Robert Englund:
http://www.joblo.com/arrow/interview72.htm

ROBERT: (in a Freddy voice that freaked me out): Hello?

ARROW: Hello Mr. Englund, how are you?

ROBERT: (in a Freddy voice that freaked me out): Fine.

ARROW: First, I'd like to thank you for giving me years and years of nightmares as a child.

ROBERT: (still in Freddy voice): Well, it's a dirty job and somebody had to do it. What can I tell ya!

ROBERT'S FAV HORROR MOVIES

ARROW: (laugh) I'll start off by asking you what your favorite horror movie is?

ROBERT: I actually have a couple-- I sort of like to do old school/new school, you know?

ARROW: Yeah.

ROBERT: I'd have to say right now the ones that are in memory the most are "The Innocents" with Deborah Kerr, a black and white film, sort of what I would call old school. More recently I really liked "Devil's Backbone".

ARROW: Yeah, great movie!

ROBERT: Those right now are my favorites and both of them are what I like to call at this stage in my life: the classy end of horror. Sort of like "Rosemary's Baby" and stuff like that. But I don't want my fans to think that I don't like them down and dirty too-- I also recently saw a great little English film called "Dog Soldiers" that I really liked and going back to the early eighties, I loved John Carpenter's remake of "The Thing" with Kurt Russell, I haven't seen it in a while but it's a movie that I hold very dear. I also loved Brian De Palma's "Sisters" back in the 70's. The film had a great use of split screen, blended comedy, horror, thriller and had some great nightmare concepts. Have you seen De Palma's new movie?

ARROW: Yeah, I have actually...Femme Fatale.

ROBERT: Did you like it?

ARROW: Yeah, I did. It's Brian De Palma going back to his old way; "Body Double" kind of vibe.

ROBERT: I like that stuff, my friend Greg Henry is in that.

ARROW: Oh yeah! Have you seen the film yourself?

ROBERT: I haven't seen it, I literally wrapped "Freddy vs Jason" on the last week of November and they were still shooting when I left. I missed the cast party and all because I had to fly down to Laguna Beach where I live. Once there, I threw the wife and the dog in the car and drove all the way back to the California coast because I had to do Thanksgiving with my wife's family. I just drove back 2 days ago and my face is still swollen around the eyes.

ARROW: You relaxing now?

RE: Yeah, I'm just taking it easy: sweeping up the leaves, getting ready for the holidays to hit.

FREDDY VS JASON: DIRECTORS AND SCRIPTS

ARROW: Well, let's hop onto what everybody is mucho looking forward to, me included, which is "Freddy vs Jason".

ROBERT: Sure.

ARROW: What was it about this specific screenplay that made it be "the one", as opposed to all of the other scripts that strolled through over the years?

ROBERT: I think it wasn't just the scripts delaying the production...they also went through a bunch of directors. I have been set to do this movie since 2000, that was the goal. Sort of like Freddy 2000 you know?

ROBERT: So the first director was Rob Bottin the genius effects guy--

ARROW: Yup, The Thing...

ROBERT: They had problems with the budget with Rob, so then I think they brought on Guillermo del Toro...but he went on to "Blade 2". They were tweaking the script all this time too. I actually went to Europe once and sat across one of the producers of "King of the Hill", the animated show, and he had also done a draft for the film! I thought that was great! So after Michael De Luca left New Line, there were new people that had to be agreeable on the script and maybe there were changes in attitude as to what the script should have.

I always felt there had to be a great "Jason nightmare" or the movie wouldn't work and how Jason and Freddy would get together was always a problem for me. As time went by, we needed to re-integrate the back stories on both monsters in the script. Now all those things are accomplished amazingly and amazingly fast, I think. You're going to have to surrender a little bit to the contrivance of how Freddy and Jason get together. Freddy literally needs Jason.

HYPNOCIL DRUG, FREDDY DOWN AND OUT &
THE LOOK OF THE FILM

ROBERT: There's also a subplot about "Hypnocil" in the film which is a drug. The script kind of makes a statement about today's drug culture: Prozac, Viagra and everything. So the parents of Springwood have developed a drug to prevent them from dreaming. So by preventing people from dreaming, Freddy can't get to them and people have now forgotten Freddy, the fear, the legend, the myth. The portal in which Freddy can enter has sort of been sealed shut, because people don't dream anymore. But there's also side effects with this drug, this pill, this hypnocil...as in hynotioc and this is a subplot in the film.

ARROW: Actually, wasn't "Hypnocil" the drug that Nancy took in "Dream Warriors" to not dream?

ROBERT: Yeah, they brought it back. The adults are manufacturing it now and the lead girl Lori, played by Monica Keena, her father is a pharmaceutical guy. So Freddy is sort of impotent now and he can't reach his revenge on the siblings and the survivors of the vigilante parents that burned him alive, so he needs someone to instill fear, so he uses Jason since Jason operates in the real world. Jason becomes Freddy's sort of "Frankenstein monster" and Freddy eventually loses his control over him as Jason begins poaching on Freddy's victims. And there's also all sorts of nasty stuff in the film, there's a nasty back-story on Freddy, a nasty back-story on Lori's family and a nasty back-story on Jason...and Freddy gets inside Jason's nightmares.

ARROW: Wow, I'm now officially anxious to see this.

ROBERT: It's great. This is not anything new, the critics are saying this is another way to exploit the franchise and all, but it really goes back to "Batman Vs Superman", "Abbott and Costello meet Frankenstein" or the "Wolfman meets Dracula" and all that. This is like an old tried and true, wonderful, fun Hollywood popcorn concept and it isn't anything new. Because of Ronnie Yu, the director who did "Bride of Chucky", and more recently Samuel Jackson's film "Formula 51", I look at this film as a great, state of the art-- almost like a coffee table comic book, just by the way it looks.

Fred Murphy who was the DP on "The Mothman Prophecies" and "October Sky" was the DP on the film and between he and Ronnie, they sort of came up with this beautiful, and yet twisted, look to the film. It's like some gorgeous, twisted, violent Dutch comic book you know-- Asian, Cyber Japanese Cyber Punk, illustrated comic book with Scorsese camera angles, Orson Wells camera angles and film noir style...it's REALLY interesting! There's also lots of different colors plays, kind of like Paul Schrader's style. It's just really a great classy, violent popcorn movie. I've been calling it a gourmet popcorn that's spelled...G-O-R-E (in a scary *** Freddy voice that made me jump).

ARROW: (laughs) It sounds like a freakin' visual treat!

ROBERT: It is, and I think that the audience just has to surrender itself to the comic book mentality of it. I don't mean like comic "funny", I mean like the graphic style. Once the movie starts, there's just a great rhythm to it...it's just cool sequence after cool sequence.

JASON GOES RAVING IN CORN

ROBERT: My favorite scene in the movie is a sequence I'm not even in. It's a sequence of Jason at a rave in a cornfield in middle America.

ARROW: OH YEAH! (I got excited there...big time!)

ROBERT: The scene is just phenomenal! When you read it, it has these great rhythms to it and when you see it visually: little rave nerd boys with day glow clothes being piped and speared by Jason and flung across rows and rows of corn glowing like meteors or comets through the night.

ARROW: Wow!

ROBERT: It's cool stuff...really cool stuff.

ARROW: That's like a crowd pleasing Jason scene for the fans.

ROBERT: It's a great Jason scene with Freddy getting in at the end of it. It's just structurally such a wonderful relentless, Jason the mindless shark feeding at a rave scene. It's just the perfect thing. The rhythms, the geometry of the corn field. It's really going to be a famous sequence, I think.

DOES FREDDY GETS HIS DAY? BABY JASON?
FREDDY AND JASON SELLING OUT OR NOT?
TO GORE OR NOT TO GORE?

ARROW: Does Freddy get his own famous, crowd-pleasing sequence?

ROBERT: Freddy has a couple of great sequences in the film, but he's kind of like the puppet master in this for a while. What's great about Freddy in this is when he gets to comment and manipulate the back stories and the fears of the characters-- especially with Jason. I'll just give you a hint: Freddy meets baby Jason. Ok...it's great, it's just really sick stuff.

ARROW: I wanted to address this. Being on the Net a lot and hearing all the feedback about "Freddy Vs Jason", I picked up that the younger teens, the newer audience are really, really looking forward to the film...while some of the long time, more hardcore fans are a little afraid that maybe Freddy and Jason are being watered down or "mainstreamed" for today's target audience.

ROBERT: All I can tell you is this: Remember what I told ya before? Gourmet popcorn?

ROBERT: There's more violence, Freddy is less funny and more violent...

ARROW: Nice! (fanboy body rush happened here)

ROBERT: Freddy is a little older here, Freddy is not uber-Freddy like he was in "Wes Craven's New Nightmare", he's not a jokester either. He's a little slower, he gets yanked in reality, gets an *** kicking. Freddy is also a little more afraid and his powers are a little diminished. But he has an agenda and there's more violence and more twisted **** in this film than in the last 4 Freddy movies.

ARROW: Well, that's very good news! Would you say that the film is more axed towards the fantastic, the gore or a little bit of both?

ROBERT: I think it's a meld of both. The film is really stylish but it's also really violent. It's got lots of effects and lots and lots of good gore. Sometimes it gets a little "Monty Python" gore, but that's intentional because it's dream world ****. So you get both values out of it.

KANE HODDER, JASON'S MOTHER AND THE DOGS OF HORROR

ARROW: Now I want to address this. Lots of fans, me included, are ****** that Kane Hodder is not Jason and...

ROBERT: Let me tell you what I know about this.

ARROW: Shoot.

ROBERT: It was never meant as an insult to Kane except for the reality that Kane is not in it, which you can perceive, as an insult because Kane was certainly responsible for the popularity of Jason in the last 10 years. Director Ronny Yu, who has lots of strong stuff out there, I mean we loved "Bride of Chucky"...well, Ronny had this image of Jason. Now I'm not sure if it derived from a Friday the 13th movie as much as from an illustration, a comic book what-not, but he always presumed that Jason was gigantically big and because it's "Freddy Vs Jason", he always thought that in this comic book style that he was going to exploit, Jason would be larger than life, almost basketball player-like. He's just absolutely huge in this movie!

(Arrow Note: Ken Kirzinger, who plays Jason in FVJ, is 6"5 and Kane Hodder is 6"3...
they should've given Kane elevator shoes for those 2 inches. COME ON!)

I always serve the writer first because I'm English trained, even though I'm American. I don't protect my own ***, I protect the writer's *** first. That's where it all starts: writer knows best and the writer is my first god, then I serve the director, then I serve myself. Actually Jason's mother has this piece of dialogue I've been using as an image. I always get inspiration from whatever characters say about my character. So I use this piece of Jason's mother's dialogue where she calls him a "big stupid dog". I've been thinking of Jason as a huge stupid dog and Freddy as just like a little yap-yap junkyard dog.

ARROW: (laughs) That's hilarious.

ROBERT: That's the imagery I used for the whole movie. And there's a little bit of sympathy for Jason in the movie even though he's a relentless killer, because his back-story is more sympathetic. So I played into that, I made Freddy a real ******* in this movie, even more so than usual. He's that little yappy dog that you want to see get his and Jason is like the big stupid dog with a little bit of sympathy in him. Now you can quote me on that, but that might be a trap, don't print this as the result of the battle necessarily, as I like to say Freddy takes a licking...but he keeps on ticking.

James Boba Fettfield
02-10-2003, 12:53 PM
Okay, the official release for this film is August 15, 2003. I just read it at Fangoria.

2-1B
02-11-2003, 01:27 AM
I do like Hodder as Jason in 7,8,9, and 10 (wait, I take back 9 since Jason is hardly in it :D ) so I would also like to see him back for this, but I think people are going overboard with it . . . my favorite in the series was always 4, and Jason was pretty damn good there. I liked him in 6 too, so I'm not a Kane loyalist by any means. :crazed:

James Boba Fettfield
03-09-2003, 09:13 AM
Here's an excerpt of an interview with the FvsJ director out of Rue Morgue #32:

Q. What do you hope to bring to Freddy vs Jason?

A. ... I think New Line was looking for someone completely different. When I told them I hadn't seen the other films they said, "Great, that's perfect. We want a director who's never seen an Elm Street or Friday film."

Q.How would you describe the relationship between Freddy and Jason in the movie?

A. ...Freddy's scared of fire and Jason's scared of water, which is as elemental as it gets. There's also a great theme of revenge and not messing with someone's mother, because Jason goes crazy when Freddy messes with his mother. ...
They each have strengths and weaknesses and advatages over each other.

Q. The story begins at Camp Crystal Lake and moves to Springwood.. and back to the lake for the finale...

A. Yes, basically.

Q. Does Freddy have a new look?

A. Yes, Freddy has a new demon face, so to speak, which i don't want to talk about. Robert and I filmed that scene up at a water tank ... basically Freddy's head explodes and you see past faces of his victims...

Q. Can we assume since Jason is emotionless, that Freddy dominates the dramitic parts...

A. You could say that. Freddy's a lot more sick in this film and really torments Jason, so much so that i hope people feel sorry for Jason. i think of the film more about Freddy than jason.

Q. How is F vs J Hitchcockian?

A. We filmed a rave scene ... Jason jumps out and starts killing ALL OF THEM. he's killing cuz his mother told him to. he thinks he'll bring her back to life by killing enough victims. But,of course, it's Freddy all along. The more teens die, the more powerful Freddy becomes. ..... We also have a great TRIPLE ENDING in the film which i think people will be talking about a lot.

Q. Do you definately expect a sequel?

A. Oh yeah. See, I think of this as the first film in a series, not the 20th. We're kind of forgetting everything that's happened before and starting from scratch while at the same time showing flash backs... like a refresher. everyone knows who Freddy and Jason are so WE WANNA MAKE A FILM FOR THE MASSES, NOT REALLY THE HARDCORE FANS WHO MIGHT REMEMBER SOME DETAIL FROM A SEQUEL 10 YEARS AGO. There's no mention of Jason X, that's for sure.

On a side note from the same magazine, this was said about Jason's face:

For those who don't know, the man replacing the beloved Kane Hodder is Ken Kirzinger, and he was in Jason Takes Manhattan, he was actually the guy Jason throws over the counter in the diner near the end.
During the interview it seems that him and Kane are good friends and he is taking "HUGE pride in playing Jason." Which is a great thing and as Misfitz points out, "he's much taller than Kane and a bit bigger, so he jokes that he is the 'biggest' Jason of all."
But the best thing is he also mentions a part where the movie will expose Jason's face and "it will not be sooo 'zombied' out like in other films. It will have decay, but not 'look so retarded' as he puts it. He said the eye that is usually missing on Jason is present here, but droops and hangs off, ala the FIRST film."

scruffziller
03-09-2003, 12:58 PM
Kane Hodder was Matt Murdock's dad's boxing boss's Big henchman in Daredevil.

James Boba Fettfield
05-03-2003, 12:37 PM
Not sure how many care, ha, but the official website for this movie has finally gone up at http://www.freddyvsjason.com/

Not too much is there except for some pictures and the official poster. Expect the trailer to be released very shortly.

James Boba Fettfield
05-13-2003, 11:40 PM
http://www.apple.com/trailers/newline/freddy_vs_jason/

Trailer is up.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-14-2003, 01:15 AM
Yeah, i am very giddy over the trailer. Not much, but enough to get my lips wet over this release. :D

LTBasker
05-14-2003, 02:18 AM
The film looks great so far, although now I'm having second thoughts about it with that member of Destiny's Child in it, unless she dies of course... Freddy slicing her from the front, and Jason hacking her head off from behind...err, sorry. :D It already looks way better than Jason X(XX), wish I could see it in theaters but I'll be able to watch it on a good spooky night when it comes on PPV. :cool:

AT-AT Man
05-14-2003, 06:21 PM
Been waiting for this moviefor a while. The trailer looks great. I love them both and can't wait.

The 'Xir
05-15-2003, 03:33 AM
Ok I'm not as well versed in these movies as probably some of you are, However, although I think that Freddy vs Jason, has better writting possiblities; I think one on one, Jason and Michael Meyers should square off! Same build, same serial killer instincts just a better ticket come fight nightall around!

However, as I said FvJ has better writting possibilities! I didn't read all the posts above, so I don't know if somone mentioned it, but what if Freddy haunts Jason's dreams, and we come to find out a cool twist where Freddy actually had something to do with Jason's drowning in Cyrstal lake all those years ago! Just a thought!!!

mylow thehutt
05-17-2003, 01:35 PM
The J VS F preview can now be viewed at www.quicktime.com or www.movie-list.com

scruffziller
06-24-2003, 07:21 AM
Man I can't wait this looks friggin' awesome.

scruffziller
08-13-2003, 01:38 PM
Rumor has it if this film does well and a sequel is planned for it. The details are that Freddy and Jason will team up together against a common enemy. Can you guess who..........................

ASH!!!!! from the EVIL DEAD!!!!!!!!!:cool::crazed:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
08-13-2003, 01:52 PM
Allow to vaguely quote Dr. Ian Malcom, "That idea is the worst idea to come along in the sad, long history of bad ideas"

I also heard that it'll include Michael Myers as well. Yeah, that would be supremely ghetto, Michael Myers, Ashe, Freddy and Jason?!?!? Might as well toss in Leatherface, Dr. Satan, Leprechaun and Jack Frost while we're at it. I think Ashe would get his chainsaw arse kicked supremely bad by any of the three. None of them take much damage from bullets or knives, so he'd be screwed. :D

Also, i can't wait till friday!!! Sadly, nobody wants to go w/ me cuase they're all schmucks, so i'm seeing it by myself. My friends suck! :crazed:

2-1B
08-13-2003, 03:15 PM
I'm seeing it Saturday. :)

If I DON'T like the movie, I'll see it twice and if I love the movie may go for an eventual third ! ! !

I saw Robert Englund at a convention back in June, he was signing promo posters for the new movie. Of course, I had to bring my Elm Street 4 poster to get signed because it's got a GREAT closeup of the Fredman . . . damn, I think it measures 14x20 - I wish I could scan it to show you guys how awesome he did with the giant signature and inscription.

BTW, that Ash rumor is an incredibly stupid idea ! ! !

mabudonicus
08-13-2003, 03:59 PM
Ya think, Caesar??
I read it and thought it would be really fun... he could go A-Team on them, using architecture and machines and stuff to fight them relentlessly.... I could see it as being super fun :D

JediTricks
08-14-2003, 01:19 AM
Freddy vs Jason vs Alien vs Predator! :D

Jedi_Master_Guyute
08-14-2003, 01:40 AM
Freddy vs Jason vs Alien vs Predator! :D

LOL

That would TOTALLY rule!!! I'd like to sweeten the deal though:

Freddy Vs Jason Vs. Alien Vs. Predator Vs. Superman Vs. Batman

i'd TOTALLY pay to see that.

B.t.w- Caesar, did you hear Paz left Zwan??!? :cry:

uhh, back on topic. yeah, this movie is gonna rule! hehehehe :D

2-1B
08-14-2003, 05:01 AM
B.t.w- Caesar, did you hear Paz left Zwan??!? :cry:

Who is Paz? Is she the one who was wearing those shorts on SNL ? :confused:
Let me know when Billy leaves so I can rejoice. :D

I was also reading that they didn't want to totally throw out the events of the first Elm Street / Friday films, so I wonder if they will address the "permanent" demises of Freddy and Jason as seen in their previous films?

I mean, Freddy's Dead had him being blown up in the real world but the dream demons left him presumably to rot in hell . . . so I guess they could hook back up with him later on in the afterworld. :rolleyes:
Actually, that theory would make some sense but I want to know how Jason gets out of hell since he was literally pulled underground by those HUGE arms in Friday 9 ? :confused:

With Jason X, it's so far in the future that they can just skip over how and when he got out of hell - it just matters that he SOMEHOW did - but I'd like to see a bit of an explanation as to what they are both doing in their full capacities. I just hate it when horror flicks TOTALLY gloss over or ignore past events (see Halloween, for example :rolleyes: ).

Yes, yes, I know these are just cash cow vehicles but I still like to get caught up in the storylines and continuity. :)

scruffziller
08-14-2003, 11:43 AM
I just hate it when horror flicks TOTALLY gloss over or ignore past events (see Halloween, for example :rolleyes: ).

But I still like to get caught up in the storylines and continuity. :)
That is my favorite part.

BTW, all, who you rootin' for? JASON gets my vote!!!!

2-1B
08-14-2003, 01:47 PM
Jason is too much of a simpleton . . . I'm a Freddy aristocrat myself. :D

scruffziller
08-14-2003, 02:07 PM
Jason is too much of a simpleton . . . I'm a Freddy aristocrat myself.

Yea but Jason is a brick wall and unstoppable and has been around longer than Freddy, I bet Jason will win!!!!

Kidhuman
08-14-2003, 04:37 PM
I want Freddy to win. It seems like neither one willever die. They ripped Jasons heart out and he possessed everyone else, blew him up and all. Freddy just keeps coming back in dreams and all so either way it dont matter. IMO Freddy is better than Jason. Probably because of his sense of humor and sarcasticness.

JediTricks
08-15-2003, 02:19 AM
I want a surprise ending, where Samuel L. Jackson as John Shaft comes in and kicks everybody's butts... just like I reenact every night with my McFarlane Movie Maniacs figures. :D

Beast
08-15-2003, 02:38 AM
I haven't seen it yet, but they do address the previous sequels. Atleast in as far as Freddy's Intro. As for Jason, well. I'm not so sure. And that's as much as you'll get out of me until everyone has a chance to see it. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

2-1B
08-15-2003, 03:03 AM
I want a surprise ending, where Samuel L. Jackson as John Shaft comes in and kicks everybody's butts... just like I reenact every night with my McFarlane Movie Maniacs figures. :D

That's funny JT, I do the EXACT same reenactment every night before bed . . . except instead of John Shaft I use Patrick from Species II. :p

I really wish Lisa Wilcox would get another crack at a NOES film . . . she rocks! :)

scruffziller
08-15-2003, 08:56 AM
So far from what I am hearing from the critics that it is great.:happy:

Beast
08-15-2003, 01:44 PM
It was, just got back from my afternoon matinee. This film seriously makes up for the less then steller Jason X and Wes Craven's New Nightmare. I was as ticked as any Jason fan when they replaced Kane Hodder for Fvs.J, but you never miss him. Infact I actually prefer the person they got for Jason in this one to Kane. And Freddy was kickarse, as per usual. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-15-2003, 02:43 PM
So who wins, Freddy or Jason???

Jedi_Master_Guyute
08-15-2003, 02:52 PM
Alright, this is my official "adios" to this thread until i see the flick!!! I don't wanna get spoiled!! :D

Beast
08-15-2003, 03:22 PM
So who wins, Freddy or Jason???
I'll do my silver text trick. Just avoid looking at the silver text and especially highlighting it. Would be so nice if Steve would supply spoiler color text here, But what ya gonna do. So enough said, here's the spoilers. And I basically did all of them. Though I don't detail deaths, just the main battle storyline. :)

SPOILERS FOLLOW:

Well, it's been roughly 10 years since Freddy's caused much of a stir in Springwood. The kids that do remember him, are all instatutionalized. They're also on dream represser meds, to make sure they don't dream. Any mention or hint you know anything about Freddy gets you a one way ticket to the Institution. Basically the town has done it's best to cut out any existance of him from any public record.

And without kids fears, he can't reach them in their dreams. So he searches hell for someone he can use, and finds Jason. Since Jason can never really die, and is currently in a permanent eternal dream, Freddy finds his doorway in. Appearing as Jason's mother, Freddy tricks Jason to coming back to life and heading to Springwood to get people afraid again.

And it works perfectly, only problem is that once Jason's out there and killing he won't shut off. And Freddy's loosing kills to Jason who can just kill people in the waking world. So he manages to get strong enough from the few people that now are out and know about him to take control of someone while their in the dreamscape. Freddy uses them to pump Jason full of Tranqualizers to take the fight to his world, where he has power.

Freddy proceeds to lay the massive beatdown all over Jason, while our heroes are trying to get Jason's body back to Crystal Lake while he's unconscious. The main heroine has discovered that she can bring Freddy out of the dream into our reality, if she's holding him when she wakes up. So they wanna get Jason on his home turf where he's all powerful. Well, Jason almost dies in the dream world, because Freddy finds his weakness, water. The same thing that originally lead to his death.

One of the young female heroes gives Jason mouth to mouth to stop him from drowning, and he suddenly wakes up and all hell breaks loose. Suffice it to say, our female lead pulls Freddy to the waking world where Jason is more powerful and the two go at it. And Freddy's still kicking arse, cause he's faster and smarter. But after a time, the tide turns to Jason's favor.

Jason's slicing Freddy up like mad, and is about ready to deliver the killing blow when Freddy slices off Jason's fingers around the Machete handle and it drops to the ground. And then Freddy's coming back, and getting his second wind and slicing Jason up with claw and machete both. That is until Freddy gets his claw arm ripped out of the socket by Jason. Meanwhile our heroes blow the hell out of both of them, by blowing up a propane tank.

But just when you thought it was all over, and they are both dead. You see a pair of legs walking carrying a machete in it's left hand. It pans up and it's Freddy, prepared to kill our two main heroes. Suddenly from behind, Jason impales Freddy through the chest with his own claw and then falls into the water. Freddy drops the machete, the female of the movie picks it up and decapitates him.

Freddy's head and body fall into the water, and Jason sinks below the water to rest and start regenerating. The female hero tosses in his machete, and walks off with the male hero. The final shot of the movie is Jason rising from the water and carrying Freddy's head twords camera. But Freddy delivers a wink, to let everyone know that he's not dead. After all, killing Freddy in the real world would just send him back to hell where he'd just have to find another means to get people to fear him. Which shouldn't be hard, because not everyone who now knows of Freddy again, dies.

So it's sorta a tie, just because Jason can't match Freddy in the Dreamscape. And Freddy can't match Jason in the real world. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

jedihunter25
08-16-2003, 03:17 AM
I just saw the movie today and it was awesome!!! I HEARD A RUMOR that there are different endings shown in different cities. The ending I saw was the one that JarJarBinks described. Is there anyone out there that saw a different ending to confirm that this rumor is true??? I can't wait till it comes out on dvd. They also showed a preview trailer for a remake of The Texas Chainsaw that comes out in October (finally,a horror movie that comes out in time for Halloween- like the good'ol days). It looks very well done, not like the cheezy Next Generation.

BlahBlahBlah
08-16-2003, 10:35 AM
Yeah, they showed the trailer for The Texas Chainsaw Massacre when I went. And the ending was the same one JJB described. I haven't heard anything about different cities getting different endings.

What a great movie.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
08-16-2003, 02:52 PM
My new favorite line muttered in ANY movie, EVER.

"That goalie was p***** off about something"- Stoner "Jay" Wannabe
-Freddy Vs. Jason

This movie was hella awesome!!! I was really shocked that i saw so many little kids in the theater though, as well as a lot of old old folks. I guess they remember these movies from the 80's and decided to check it out. Thankfully, no brat kids spoiled the fun for my pops and myself. This movie delivered my expectations and then smashed them! Most likely my favorite film of the summer due to the fact it didn't fail to deliver anything at all. I plan to see this numerous times and i cannot wait for the DVD!! Cheers!! :D

BlahBlahBlah
08-16-2003, 06:11 PM

-Freddy Vs. Jason

Yeah, what was up with the stoner kid? Was that an homage or a rip off? First time I saw him I thought, "Hey, Jason Mewes!...wait..." He did have some funny parts, though. The scene with the worm Freddie and the bong was great.

Beast
08-16-2003, 07:24 PM
Yeah, what was up with the stoner kid? Was that an homage or a rip off? First time I saw him I thought, "Hey, Jason Mewes!...wait..." He did have some funny parts, though. The scene with the worm Freddie and the bong was great.
I think it was just a lil homage. He certainly did seem a lot like Jay, and I'm suprised how many people thought that. Plus when he's at the school handing out the invites, he's standing next to a chubby compadre. Though he was far from Silent. And I agree, the 'Alice in Wonderland' Catapiller Freddy with the bong was awesome. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

2-1B
08-17-2003, 12:01 AM
Spoilers in my post, just so you know . . .

-Freddy Vs. Jason

Truer words have never been spoken, my friend! :D Oh my gosh, I laughed so freaking hard at that line and I'm laughing now! :crazed:

Where to begin . . . this movie could have sucked SO HARD but damn, it lived up to my 10 year expectations ! ! !

First of all, the stock footage from the previous Elm Street films was very welcomed by me, except they used too much from the wretched part 2 and not enough of Lisa Wilcox as Alice - only one clip of her (from part 5). :) Hypnocil? Are you kidding me???? Straight outta Elm Street 3 and Nancy Thompson - AWESOME ! ! !

With Jason, I knew they couldn't do the same thing because Paramount owns 1-8 . . . but they MORE than made up for it in his dream sequence. The young child Jason? Man, that took me right back to Part 8. Oh my word, did you notice the Crystal Lake kids pulling that sack over his head? ZOOOOOM to part 2 and his pre-hockey mask visage. Nice touch ! :)
THANKFULLY, they didn't totally ignore Jason Goes to Hell. That shot of Jason tearing his way out of the ground was classic! As a Friday fan, I didn't care much for the supernatural aspect of JGTH but I warmed up to it over the years . . . and honestly, in light of the new Freddy storyline crossover, it works even better for me now!

A few things I noticed and I'm wondering if anyone else did:
---the TV news station's call letters were KRGR ;)
---I'm pretty sure I saw a cameo by Robert Shaye, long time producer. I can't remember what scene it was in . . . but it was very quick . . .
---The cornfield fire scene was AWESOME but they could have done a better job of hiding the protective eyewear under Jason's mask.

Back to the Freddy aspect - I LOVED the line he said to Kelly Rowland "How sweet, dark meat" because it's such a wonderful homage to Alice in Elm Street 4: "How sweet, fresh meat" :D

The acting was pretty bad in most parts but I don't care - the previous films were sorely lacking as well. Lochlyn Munroe as the transplanted cop was a nice touch, I like him in every movie I see him in. Too bad he didn't make it. :(

I can't say enough about this movie, it was REALLY FUN to watch. I can't wait for a repeat showing next weekend and especially the DVD !

BTW, Elm Street 4 is STILL my favorite of the series. ;)

With all due respect JJB, I think you are crazy for slamming New Nightmare like that! It's a wonderful film ! ! ! :mad:
One thing I'm confused by in your post, you said it was 10 years since Freddy caused any stir in Springwood . . . but didn't the sherriff say something about how it was 4 years since they had any incidents? I'm just trying to get a handle on the timeline . . . :)

Beast
08-17-2003, 12:09 AM
New Nightmare is a terrible piece of crap that thankfully has no basis in the continuity of the regular series. Freddy's new look, glove, and personality was terrible. Sure that was because it wasn't actually Freddy, but some evil power that just is using his form from Wes Craven's story.

As for the 10 years thing, that's what I heard the timeline was. I think the 4 year mention was 4 years since the last time someone had a nightmare or someone found out about Freddy. I could be wrong, but I believe it is supposed to take place roughly 10 years from the end of Freddy's Dead. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jedi_Master_Guyute
08-17-2003, 01:23 AM
Perhaps somebody can help me out here: it's been WAY too long since i've watched any of the Nightmare or Friday films, so i'm just curious as to how these guys met their "ends" in their "final" films. How did Jason "go to hell" anyway?!? I mean, i thought he couldn't be killed?! How did he get "killed" in Jason X and was this even mentioned/alluded to in the film?!??!

And what about Freddy?!?!?! Did everybody just say, "Aw, shucks, he's not so scary!" and he couldn't do a damned thing?!?! I've been meaning to check these out from the sto', but i'm not hte only one w/ this idea and they're gone (much like how i realized i should've got the Movie Maniacs figures of these and now they're hard to get! damn!), but anyway, any help would rule cause i'm fuzzy on the films of the past. :D

2-1B
08-17-2003, 01:55 AM
Oooooooooooooooooooookay Guyote, I'll do a very brief synopsis for ya. :D

Jason Goes to Hell had Jason blown up by the FBIat the beginning of the film, so he was presumably dead . . . until his heart started beating and his "lifeforce" :rolleyes: started jumping from body to body until he could be reborn through a blood relative which he succeeded in doing - of course, a blood relative was the only way to kill him :rolleyes: so when he got stabbed with a "magic" dagger :rolleyes: these GIANT goofy arms came out of the ground and literally pulled him into hell. At the very end of the film, we see the hockey mask laying in the dirt and Freddy's glove pops out to get it. So, Jason is currently in Hell. Fast forward to FvJ, remember when Freddy calls out for Jason to rise up? Well, we see Jason burst out from the ground so it's a perfect pickup from JGTH. :)

Freddy's Dead had Freddy pulled into the real world (just like in FvJ) and blown up by his own daughter. The "dream people" left him at that point, presumably rendering him useless. Of course, all it did was send him back to hell anyway which is where he will eventually meet Jason, natch. ;)

A few things: The "dream people" in Freddy's Dead (part 6) are not referenced in the new movie . . . somehow, he was still able to kill people after Freddy's Dead, we just skipped over it in the movie timeline.

Jason X has absolutely NOTHING to do with this film since it is sent several hundred years in the future. No worries, there is NOTHING Freddy can do to permanently neutralize Jason since we know he'll be around to get cryonically frozen (Ted Williams? :eek: ), if we accept the storylines of these movies anyway. :D

I forgot to mention in my earlier post how sweet I thought it was of them to use Pamela Vorhees as one of Freddy's tricks ! ! ! :)

And by the way, Freddy's new teeth were spectacular ! ! !

Jedi_Master_Guyute
08-17-2003, 02:13 AM
Ah, i thank ya for the update, Caesar!!! It's been too long since i've seen those, if i even have, come to think of it and i was curious. :D

I did like all the :rolleyes: faces though, i take it SOMEBODY here didn't like Jason goes to hell?!!? heheheheheh

Also, i htink you mentioned hte actor who played that transferred cop dude, wasn't he in Scary Movie?!?! Every time i see him, i think of him kicking and drop kicking poor cindy on the ground and i laugh...hehehehehehe

thanks again!!

(mike continues to surf the net looking for cheap Movie Maniacs Jason/Freddy figures)

2-1B
08-17-2003, 02:29 AM
Hell yeah, Lochlyn Munroe IS the same guy from Scary Movie ! But personally, I'll FOREVER love him for his role in A Night at the Roxbury ! (and yes, I seriously do LOVE that movie. :) )

Anyway, I do and I don't like Jason Goes to Hell.

What I like:
-The presence of John D. LeMay, aka Ryan Dallion from the TV show Friday the 13th The Series. That guy rocks ! ! ! :) My favorite character in all of the Friday films.

-Steven Williams as a cool bounty hunter on the trail of Jason. Did you ever see Missing In Action 2: The Beginning? Well he is the American who works with the VC head of the prison camp and Chuck Norris is NOT pleased. :D

-the simple fact that they tried to change thngs up. I give them credit for that.

What I don't like:
-Steven Williams' bounty hunter was just TOO MUCH over the top. He knew way too much abut Jason and the family legend . . . and HOW did he know this? :confused: (However, the scene of him breaking John D. LeMay's knuckles in the jail cell are just great)

-while I like the fact that they tried to change things up and add some mystic elements to the movie, I DON'T like the fact that we hardly even see Jason on screen. TOO much of the time, he's lumbering around in other people's bodies.

So no, I'm not big on JGTH for a few reasons but like I said earlier, the added mystical elements actually fit well with the Elm Street storyline . . . so I've warmed up to it some more. :)

Beast
08-17-2003, 02:41 AM
And on the bright side, JGtH isn't quite as terrible as A New Nightmare. :D

MYFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

jedihunter25
08-17-2003, 04:07 AM
I disliked them about the same-

JGTH- Going though body to body and turning into a worm :mad:

A New Nightmare- The story line made all the previous movies- movies. :mad:

I like Jason more than Freddy because of the way he kills. He gets pretty creative (death by weed wacker, traps a girl in her sleeping bag and wacks her against the tree, etc.). A few people say that Jason is just like Micheal Myers, but Micheal Myers puts me to sleep :zzz: (boring). But I do like more Freddy flicks than Jasons. Jason goes to Manhattan (part 8) and goes to Hell (part 9) is where it got really stupid. I did kinda like Jason X because it was a better story line than 8 and 9- and his upgrade was killer, but it should have been the 12th or 13th movie (if they still plan to do that) because of the future thing.

Beast
08-17-2003, 04:58 AM
Just read on another message board, that Stephen King discusses Freddy Vs. Jason in the latest issue of Entertainment Weekley. The one with the Russel Crowe cover. I was shocked to see that he was anticipating it. And actually had some real love for Freddy, Jason, and Michael. They posted about half of S.K.'s comments on the forums, so I'll repost for those curious. I was suprised by Stephen's favorite NOES movie though. I do have to admit, Dream Warriors is one of my faves. :)

"These 3 franchises have generated over two dozen feature films, and its hard to remember how genuinely scary these guys were in their debuts. I'm case hardened to horror, but A nightmare On Elm Street, Friday the 13, and Halloween all scared the hell out of me (although I believe that The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, a film to which there have also been a number of paltry sequels, is still the all time champion when it comes to pure fright). With the exception of the Dream Warriors entry in the Freddy series, not a single one of the sequels has raised a single goosebump on my arms. So why do these pictures keep appearing for a week or so at the local 10-Plex on their way to Blockbuster and Hollywood Video?

"The answer is simple: because schmucks like me keep going to see them. And why? Because the fear generated be a good horror picture is a drug, and as any junkie will tell you, you go on chasing the high long after the high is gone. Sure, Halloween H20 sucked, we tell ourselves, but maybe the next Michael Myers flick will be made by someone who really understands and loves the genre, and we'll get a jolt of the original terror we felt when John Carpenter actually put us behind the mask, or when Jason came surging out of Crystal Lake to grab the girl in the rowboat after we thought he had to be dead.

"When it comes to the horror franchises, the second to last gasp is almost always "the combo movie", and this summer we have, for better or worse, reached that point with Freddy vs. Jason. And I'll be first in line. I mean, in my heart, I know its gonna be terrible, but I'll still be there. After all, its not the final twitch in this evolutionary process: That's the comedy. Eventually, someone may convince Tom Green or Adam Sandler to square off against Freddy, or Michael Myers. That one I think I'll be able to skip: some things are so shameful and ugly we should avert our eyes...

"Maybe it'll be good. Even if it's not, remember what Vern Tessio said in Stand By me about a Superman-Mighty Mouse confrontation:

"No matter who wins, it'll be a good fight"
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

2-1B
08-17-2003, 01:15 PM
And on the bright side, JGtH isn't quite as terrible as A New Nightmare. :D

At least Wes Craven's New Nightmare is a better movie than Star Wars Episode I The Phantom Menace. ;)

A New Nightmare- The story line made all the previous movies- movies.
:mad:

Is that the only reason you don't like it? :confused:
I hate to break it to ya, but the previous movies were ALREADY "just movies" before this one came out. :D I never had a problem with the storyline, it's not like it messes up anything within the previous films. :)

Beast
08-18-2003, 12:01 AM
From Box Office Guru:

"It was a sold out main event at theaters as Freddy vs. Jason killed the competition and grossed an estimated $36.4M in its opening weekend beating industry expectations. The final big release of the summer season played in 3,014 locations and averaged a bloody $12,085. It was the sixth biggest August opening ever and the largest for the second half of the month. Freddy also represented the fifth R-rated pic to open at number one this summer."

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Darth Jax
08-18-2003, 12:35 AM
managed to help the box office take myself. was pleasantly surprised by the flick. if the rumor of alternate endings is true then i can't wait for the dvd. movie played exactly as described by JJB (which i didn't read until after seeing it).

btw, i did notice the call letters of the station. not having seen any of jason's other flicks recently, isn't he normally missing an eye?

2-1B
08-18-2003, 03:29 AM
Yes, but the missing eye seems to switch back and forth . . . and besides, maybe they gave him a second eye back when he got outta hell? :crazed:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-18-2003, 01:07 PM
I just want a list of all the Freddy/Jason movies . . . if someone would help, I'd appreciate it. :) And I don't know if the words "Friday the 13th" or whatever come before each title.

JASON
Friday the 13th
Friday the 13th 2 - ???
Friday the 13th 3 - ???
Friday the 13th 4 - The Final Chapter :rolleyes:
Friday the 13th 5 - ???
Friday the 13th 6 - Jason Lives
Friday the 13th 7 - New Blood
Friday the 13th 8 - Jason Takes Manhattan :rolleyes:
Friday the 13th 9 - Jason Goes to Hell
Friday the 13th 10 - Jason X

FREDDY
A Nightmare On Elm Street
2 - 5: ???
A Nightmare On Elm Street 6 - Freddy'd Dead
Wes Craven's New Nightmare

Magnolia-Fan
08-18-2003, 06:08 PM
I just want a list of all the Freddy/Jason movies . . . if someone would help, I'd appreciate it. :) And I don't know if the words "Friday the 13th" or whatever come before each title.

JASON
Friday the 13th
Friday the 13th 2 - ???
Friday the 13th 3 - ???
Friday the 13th 4 - The Final Chapter :rolleyes:
Friday the 13th 5 - ???
Friday the 13th 6 - Jason Lives
Friday the 13th 7 - New Blood
Friday the 13th 8 - Jason Takes Manhattan :rolleyes:
Friday the 13th 9 - Jason Goes to Hell
Friday the 13th 10 - Jason X

FREDDY
A Nightmare On Elm Street
2 - 5: ???
A Nightmare On Elm Street 6 - Freddy'd Dead

Going from memory, they were:

JASON:

Friday the 13th
Friday the 13th, part 2
Friday the 13th, part 3
Friday the 13th, part 4: The Final Chapter
Friday the 13th, part 5: A New Beginning
Friday the 13th, part 6: Jason Lives
Friday the 13th, part 7: The New Blood
Friday the 13th, part 8: Jason takes Manhattan
Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday (and technically it was)
Jason X

FREDDY:

A Nightmare on Elm Street
A Nightmare on Elm Street, part 2: Freddy's Revenge
A Nightmare on Elm Street, part 3: The Dream Warriors
A Nightmare on Elm Street, part 4: The Dream Master
A Nightmare on Elm Street, part 5: The Dream Child
Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare

BOTH:

Freddy Vs. Jason

There was also a short-lived TV series called Freddy's Nightmares which featured Freddy.

On the other hand, there was a Friday the 13th TV series which had nothing to do with the movie series, except for it's name (Think Halloween 3: Season of the Witch...).

Also, I remember hearing years ago that they had once planned a Freddy Saturday morning cartoon. It never got made though...for the obvious reasons, I'm sure...

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-18-2003, 07:32 PM
Thanks Magnolia-Fan! That's pretty retarded, naming them the final one then making more. I've actually only seen about an hour of Jason 6, and I taped NOES 1 from Spike, so I have some watching to do.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
08-19-2003, 12:12 AM
Why couldn't the leaders of our great world foresee this potential calamity, and band together to make sure that these two despicable characters should never meet, and each country would pledge their dedication, time, and resources to make sure that something like Freddy v. Jason would never happen? Did the U.N. even hold a conference on this issue? I tell you, what a total failure of leadership.

For shame.

2-1B
08-19-2003, 01:49 AM
Ummmmm okay, but I'll re-elct any leader who let this pass thru. ;)

About that Jason and Freddy list, just to be EXTREMELY technical, part 4 did not have "PArt 4" in the title:

It was just Friday the 13th The Final Chapter. And it would have been, had Tommy Jarvis and Horshack from Welcome Back Kotter not returned to Jason's grave in part 6. :D

Anyway, I only mention it because I think it's funny that Paramount tried the "un numbered" sequel thing way back then - and decided to say screw it and then number them anyway.

Oh, and in case you aren't familiar with part 5, Jason appears only in flashbacks and dream sequences. Considering part 1 and part 5, that's two movies in which big-J is not such a bad guy. :D

Jedi_Master_Guyute
08-19-2003, 02:13 AM
I feel kinda bad that i have nothing but a huge amount of love for this flick, but kinda fell out w/ the earlier flicks. I think after a while, i would just catch them on USA at like 3 in the morning and make my own MST3K comments w/ my friends. I should definately go back and check these flicks out cause i never thought they had much plot! hehehehehehehe

I also found the Freddy Vs. Jason two-pack set for 32 bucks. Decisions decisions. I'm also thinkinga bout getting an extra freddy and jason movie maniacs to open...heheheheheh damn you two for re-igniting a passion for classic slasher flicks!!!

I take it that's it's only a matter of time before DVD specs come out....Jar Jar, lookin' in your direction when these are leaked! ;)

2-1B
08-19-2003, 02:47 AM
Hell yeah dude, I bought TWO Jason figures several years ago - bloody and non-bloody. I took a knife to the non-bloody version and pryed off that Hockey Mask. He looks GREAT under there! Face all goofy, and there are only a few specs of glue left . . . and two tiny holes where the mask was mounted. It makes for a great double assault on my toy shelves - Jason with mask and machete; Jason sans mask with spear. Nice! :D

I also got the bloodied and non-bloody Freddy versions just for completion. Frankly though, IMHO the only figure which you HAVE to get bloodied is Leatherface because his smock doesn't look as good when it's clean. ;)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-19-2003, 09:00 PM
I watched NOES last night . . . very cool! But I have some questions . . .

At the end, when Nancy and her mom are standing on the porch, then her friends come up and all that Freddy stuff happens, was that scene a dream, or what? It seemed very odd.

Also, what is up with the sheep? I also saw it on the clip on the New Tom Green Show: the sheep appears, then Freddy does, like in Tina's dream.

My new favorite movie quote:
"This morning when I woke up I had a hard-on with your name on it, Tina!" :p

Darth Jax
08-19-2003, 09:42 PM
Yes, but the missing eye seems to switch back and forth . . . and besides, maybe they gave him a second eye back when he got outta hell? :crazed:

i can't imagine a hollywood movie series having continuity issues. imagine if they released a figure with the wrong eye out, it'd be like having a glove on the wrong hand.

scruffziller
08-19-2003, 09:44 PM
Dudes and Dudettes..........

I......I........I...........I am at a loss for words............

No words can describe how incredibly awesome this film was.

Story premise-flawless.
Delivery-flawless.
Main charachter portrayal of being in the presence of the other-flawless.

I almost have to say this will be better than ROTK even before it comes out.
And declaring it the best blockbuster of the summer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool:

2-1B
08-20-2003, 03:55 AM
I watched NOES last night . . . very cool! But I have some questions . . .

At the end, when Nancy and her mom are standing on the porch, then her friends come up and all that Freddy stuff happens, was that scene a dream, or what? It seemed very odd.

Also, what is up with the sheep? I also saw it on the clip on the New Tom Green Show: the sheep appears, then Freddy does, like in Tina's dream.

My new favorite movie quote:
"This morning when I woke up I had a hard-on with your name on it, Tina!" :p

Yep, it was a dream sequence. Nancy discarded her fear of Freddy and vanquished him while demanding her friends back . . . but of course she didn't really get them back (she mentions that in part 3).

Sheep? To me, it's a symbolism of the Elm Street kids. The children of Freddy's killers are all being rounded up like sheep and led to Freddy's slaughter. :D

If you like Rod (the guy who gave that line), watch for his cameo in Wes Craven's New Nightmare during the funeral scene! (in which you can also spot Tuesday Knight from part 4 :) )

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-20-2003, 09:04 PM
Thanks Caesar! So they kept her character throughout a few films, huh? I figured they'd get new people (which they might've too, right?)

Jedi_Master_Guyute
08-20-2003, 10:13 PM
I was thinking today (imagine that) and correct me if i'm wrong, but the scene of Jason bustin' down that door that wasin the trailer, that wasn't in the movie, was it?!? I just remember seeing the guard and then they show something else and then cut back to the guard under the door, i don't remember the shot of the door actually getting knocked open....shame, cause it looked good..i could bew rong though, but just a random thought. :)

2-1B
08-21-2003, 03:13 AM
JohnL, there are several characters which carry over from the Elm Street movies into sequels. :)

Part 1 and Part 3 overlap with certain characters

Part 2 is a "stand alone" with references to Part 1

new characters from Part 3 overlap with Part 4

new characters from Part 4 overlap with Part 5

Part 6 is a "stand alone"

Part 7 is not in the same continuity but it features actors and actors from Part 1 (Heather Langenkamp, John Saxon, Robert Englund, and Nick Corri as themselves with Lin Shaye playing a different character than in Part 1 - in Part 1 she was the high school teacher and in Part 7 she is a nurse - and finally Tuesday Knight from Part 4 also cameos as herself)

Part 8 (FvJ) is a "stand alone" but it makes reference to Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3 (Nancy/Jesse's house from Part 1 and the asylum/Hypnocil drug from Part 3).
And while we're at it, I guess I can add that producer Bob Shaye played himself in Part 7 and had a cameo as that doctor (?) in Part 8.

I did that all off the top of my head, so if anyone has anything else to add, PLEASE do so. :)

Mikey, I can't say for certain but now that you mention it, I do recall that door shot being awkward in the theater. I don't recall it from the trailer, mind you, but I just felt that it was a poorly edited scene . . . so I wouldn't be surprised if you're assumption is correct. :)

mylow thehutt
08-27-2003, 08:06 PM
:D Just heard on a another web site that Freddy vs Jason 2 in planned to have Mike Myers (SP) in it,and titels like friday the 13th a Halloween nightmare have come up. So as now we'er going to have freddy vs jason vs Mike Myers wow this is kind of scary and I can just see this geting out of hand maby by 2025 we may be seeing

Freddy vs jason vs Mike Myers vs the candy man Vs the Fly vs Ash vs alien vs predeter vs Leatherface vs Jaws vs 007 vs Chucky vs the puppet master vs the hollow man vs the scream guy vs king kong vs godzilla vs ozzy osbourn vs darth vader vs monsters inc. vs the mummy vs blade and vs the headless horse man in a 23 man,beast,and other steel cage death match. :crazed: :p

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
08-31-2003, 12:05 AM
I actually saw this movie at the theatre with a group of friends, which is surprising since I have never sat down to watch any installment of Friday the 13th, or Nightmare on Elm Street movies. And for someone who is not a horror fan, I kinda liked it. It was more comedy than horror for me, watching young teenagers caught in the path between a feud involving Freddy and Jason. They were some very inventive and creative death scenes. Freddy had some witty dialogue.

My only thought was, who knew Crystal Lake and Elm Street where close by?

2-1B
08-31-2003, 02:06 AM
My only thought was, who knew Crystal Lake and Elm Street where close by?

Elm Street is set in Springwood, Ohio.
Independently of that, I always believed that Crystal Lake was located in Ohio as well. I'd have to look that up to be sure, though . . .

Now that I think of it, the boat trip in part 8 can't make much sense, can it? Unless they took a river I'm not aware of, they would have had to travel through the Great Lakes around New England and then come down the coast to NYC. Sounds like an elaborate senior class trip. :D

Jedi_Master_Guyute
08-31-2003, 03:16 AM
Caught a second showing while in Columbus this weekend and enjoyed the movie much more. I also noticed that one shot i was talkinga bout, w/ Jason busting down the door, is in the film where he's leaving the lab area? in the hospital, right before Freedburg gets sliced and diced.

My friends seemed to like it too and my one friend kept adding in his own dialogue, which was 99% funny as hell, but was irrirating the uptight girl next to us, though she was laughing at alot of his comments. When Mark gets "Freddy's Back" burned into his back, and you see it, my friend was like, "Is that really Freddy's back?" I laughed for about 11 min and damn near had to leave the theater to get my breathing back on course :crazed:

Sith Lord 0498
08-31-2003, 11:09 AM
Now that I think of it, the boat trip in part 8 can't make much sense, can it? Unless they took a river I'm not aware of, they would have had to travel through the Great Lakes around New England and then come down the coast to NYC. Sounds like an elaborate senior class trip.

While I can't remember where I first got this idea, I somehow always thought that Crystal Lake was in New Jersey. The boat trip in Part 8 would make sense that way--just go out to sea a little ways and make a huge arc up the coast.

But that doesn't explain how Jason made it across Jersey and Pennsylvania into Ohio. Hitchhiking perhaps??? ;)

Beast
08-31-2003, 11:35 AM
According to the info I was able to dredge up, Camp Crystal Lake is indeed in New Jersey. Infact the real camp where the original film was filmed in was Camp Nobebosco, located in Blairstown, New Jersey. And the surrounding town was used for several shots as well. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

2-1B
08-31-2003, 04:17 PM
Wellllllllll I now realize where I got the Ohio idea from - in part 9 they send Jason to the Youngstown coroner.

Binks is right about New Jersey . . . they shot the first one there and used Jersey plates on the cars. Yet Sean Cunningham wanted it be Connecticut? Who knows, but in FvJ that's a mighty fast drive to NJ with a tranqed Jason in the back of the van!

I found this link on the F13 message board (http://www.fridaythe13thforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=23989&perpage=25&pagenumber=1) which argues the question of where Crystal Lake is. :)

James Boba Fettfield
09-30-2003, 10:59 AM
There's been some news on the dvd of Freddy vs. Jason. Creature-Corner reports:

Though the news seems to have been yanked from Fangoria's website at the time of this writing, word broke briefly this afternoon that New Line is planning a January 13th DVD release of the $80 million box office success Freddy vs. Jason.

Dismissing the idea of giving Ronny Yu's cut 'em up brawl the Infinifilm treatment, New Line is opting for a two-disc Platinum Series special edition confirming what the Corner's been hearing about for a few weeks now. Details are slim but according to Fangoria's source fans can expect multiple audio commentaries, a big meaty slab of deleted scenes, trailers, featurettes, and an alternate ending or two. I'm positive we'll get nothing short of top-notch technical specs as well.

2-1B
09-30-2003, 01:04 PM
Cool. :)

Infinifilm sucks.

billfremore
09-30-2003, 03:32 PM
:D Just heard on a another web site that Freddy vs Jason 2 in planned to have Mike Myers (SP) in it,and titels like friday the 13th a Halloween nightmare have come up. So as now we'er going to have freddy vs jason vs Mike Myers wow this is kind of scary and I can just see this geting out of hand maby by 2025 we may be seeing

Freddy vs jason vs Mike Myers vs the candy man Vs the Fly vs Ash vs alien vs predeter vs Leatherface vs Jaws vs 007 vs Chucky vs the puppet master vs the hollow man vs the scream guy vs king kong vs godzilla vs ozzy osbourn vs darth vader vs monsters inc. vs the mummy vs blade and vs the headless horse man in a 23 man,beast,and other steel cage death match. :crazed: :p

Well never say never:

http://www.cinescape.com/0/Editorial.asp?aff_id=0&this_cat=Movies&action=page&obj_id=39368

Beast
09-30-2003, 06:22 PM
It probably won't be Michael Myers. He's owned by Dimension and Freddy and Jason are owned by New Line. So unless New Line ponies up some massive dough, and buys the Halloween franchise, I doubt it's going to happen. The Ash/Freddy/Jason film is more likely. As is a Michael Myers vs. Pinhead from Dimension. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

James Boba Fettfield
10-10-2003, 03:45 PM
Ahoy, look what Fangoria is reporting:

Its true. FANGORIA has learned that New Line Cinema is seriously considering adding Ash (Bruce Campbell) to the inevitable FREDDY VS. JASON Round Two that the studio has in development. This is not some Internerd rumor, though the notion has been tabled out there in horror fandom for months. Sure, weve heard about other permutations for a follow-up to the blockbuster rumble (everything from FREDDY VS. JASON VS. LEATHERFACE to VS. CHUCKY to VS. MICHAEL), but the Ash scenario, evidently, is the only one that New Line is treating as a legitimate idea. Well keep you updated.

James Boba Fettfield
10-13-2003, 03:40 PM
At Fangoria they have a follow up on that dvd news from earlier:

Davis DVD has reported the specs for New Line's upcoming FREDDY VS. JASON 2-DVD Platinum Series release, due (along with the VHS edition) next January 13. The movie will be presented in anamorphic widescreen with Dolby Digital 5.1 EX and 6.1 DTS-ES soundtracks, plus an audio commentary by director Ronny Yu and another by Yu and slasher actors Robert Englund and Ken Kirzinger, featurettes on FvJ and on the histories of both the FRIDAY THE 13TH and NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET movie series, deleted scenes, alternate endings, trailers and more.

scruffziller
10-13-2003, 06:28 PM
Alright!!!! A month less to wait.Alright!!!! A month less to wait YEA!!!!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-14-2003, 06:35 PM
I'll see it, eventually. NoES Part II was on last Friday . . . boy, did it suck. The fake eye in Jesse's mouth, the dogs with man heads, the fact that Freddy's claws were now part of him, not the glove, Jesse coming out of Freddy at the end, and of course:
"Don't worry, everything's gonna be OKAY! . . . GAAHHH!"
Nice editing there, everyone on the bus jumped three inches when the arm popped out, but unintentionaly. And the girl's overreacting, God that was terrible. I heard Part III is better, but I don't know. What was II called, anyway?

Darth Jax
10-15-2003, 12:18 AM
Freddy's Revenge (II)
Dream Warriors (III)
Dream Master (IV)
Dream Child (V)
Freddy's Dead - the Final Nightmare (VI)
New Nightmare (VII) at one time titled Ascension

2-1B
02-15-2009, 09:27 PM
It looks like Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash will never get past the comic book stage...which is fine with me, since Bruce Campbell is such a tool.

Darth Jax
02-15-2009, 09:50 PM
nobody does cheese like bruce though.