PDA

View Full Version : Widevision promos & Non-Sport Update disappointment.

2-1B
11-03-2002, 10:22 PM
I love the promo card that came with the new Insider, and I bought the current issue of Non-Sport Update this weekend to get THEIR widevision AOTC promo card . . . but it was the same one. :cry:

Does anybody know how many Widevision promos there are? And where one might find them?

It's already november, the new cards will be out this month, and I can't find any news! I'm hoping someone here ( r2dee2 :D ) has some info . . .

Beast
11-03-2002, 10:32 PM
Doh, never mind. I loaded the Widevision page I thought, and it ended up being the regular set of cards. My bad. I'll do some digging for info. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

OC47150
11-08-2002, 12:14 PM
I visited the better known comic shop in my area last weekend and asked about the WV AOTC cards. They hadn't heard of a release date, but that could've changed in a week's time.

Yes, I, too, got suckered into buying the Non-Sport in hopes of another card.

stillakid
12-03-2002, 12:57 PM
Ok, I cheated. I did order from NonSports and just got my order in yesterday! Very cool set. If you'd like any scans from any of the cards you don't have, let me know.

Now, onto the autographs...

2-1B
12-04-2002, 12:04 PM
I like the set too !

I did pretty well by buying a full box. I pulled 2 complete sets and nearly a third. My friend bought a box too and pulled 3 complete sets!

These autographs are a nightmare, I'd be impressed by anyone who manages to score a complete set of tho$e ! :D

OC47150
12-04-2002, 12:29 PM
I never even tried to collect the autograph cards with the Evolution set. Heck, I was glad to get just a few of the 'A' and 'B' cards!

I don't have any WV AOTC cards in my possession yet; I'm buying a complete set from a friend. I'll probably pass on the autographs, too.

stillakid
12-04-2002, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Caesar
I like the set too !

I did pretty well by buying a full box. I pulled 2 complete sets and nearly a third. My friend bought a box too and pulled 3 complete sets!

These autographs are a nightmare, I'd be impressed by anyone who manages to score a complete set of tho$e ! :D

Out of the full box, how many autographs did you get? Your friend?

2-1B
12-05-2002, 12:04 AM
I pulled one, he pulled two. :)

I have the rarer Beru card, she comes 1:194 packs and he has R2 and Aayla Secura, both of those cards come 1:29 packs.

It seems guaranteed that each box comes with 1 for sure, and then some will come with 2 (overall autograph odds are 1:24 so with 36 packs per hobby box you have a 50/50 shot on getting a second one).

I should have some new reports soon on a few other boxes and how those go, but all of the dealers on eBay are going by the definite 1 per box.

If there are any you really want, I recommend buying outright -- you already have a set, and a box will cost anywhere from 50-60 dollars . . . . all of the "common" autograph cards are going for about 25 - 35 dollars right now (that excludes Yoda, Boba, and Beru) so that way you don't face the risk of getting an autographed card you don't want at random.

bongsteve
03-10-2003, 02:38 PM
I'm looking for a few AOTC widescreen cards and was hoping there was someone that could help me out. Trade is preferable but purchase is ok. I need the following cards:
3, 17, 18, 36, 43, 44, 52, 68, 72.

please e-mail me at bongsteve@yahoo.com if you can help out.
Thanks in advance.

-Steve

OC47150
03-10-2003, 02:41 PM
Check your email, Steve.