PDA

View Full Version : Wave three dro´ds are :

sicqnus
11-04-2002, 12:07 AM
Star Tour Dro´ds wave three are :

- R5-D4 (great, finally we will have a correct figure of this dro´d).
- G2-9T.
- SK-Z38.

Release date : 01 sept. 2001. (listed on cargo bay).

Enjoy !!!

Beast
11-04-2002, 12:12 AM
Yep, old news. But according to Rebelscum and other websites, they won't be showing up until likely December. Especially since September has been over a few months. ;) By the way, the R5-D4 may not actually be R5-D4. The R5 unit from the Star Tours ride is actually R5-DL. :)

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14084

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

sicqnus
11-04-2002, 12:15 AM
Thanks JarJarBinks.
Just hope they will use the mold to make the announced SAGA-ANH R5-D4...

Jargo
11-04-2002, 03:07 PM
Man, where's the freakin' pictures of these things already!? I've been sweating over this R5-D4 for what seems like months. I'm terrified they'll try to re-use the POTF R5 retooled but srtil with that dumb azz masive heeead. I just have these visions of being in a yoystore and not finding anything other than aisle aftyer enldless aisle of POTF R5-D4 repackaged. No other toys of any description just the dumb crappy resculpt.

I just need to see the pics so i know it's a new figure, same cool R2 body they've been using a while now but with a new head that's the right scale and has the right details. I don't care if it's got the two eyes and they call it R5-D4 or whether they get the three eyes right, i just want an accurate R5 droid. And i want to know what the other two look like two, what the hell is SK-Z38 and will G2-9T look similar to G2-4T? what the hell are hasbro trying to do hold out on the pictures until all the toys have sold out? SHOW ME THE PICTURES ALREADY!!! I should stop drinking coffee now.................

sicqnus
11-04-2002, 11:28 PM
No fear of a POTF2 re-hash figure !
They said months ago (at the last ToyFair if I remember well) they (Hasbro) plans to make a new R5-D4 with a new mold. The same time, they anounced they surely will make a "rebody" of the Cloud Car to be a store exclusive (POTJ). Today we are almost sure the Cloud Car will finaly see the light spring 2003. Then it seems logical to expect the ANH R5-D4 soon.
I also remember they answered my questions about the delayed figures (on the Rebelsum Q&A to Hasbro managers) : "we were these past few weeks focused on the AOTC toys then we haven't much time to do other things).
They also talked about the Sandcrawler (10 months ago) and about a new Tie Fighter with big wings...

Jargo
11-05-2002, 05:53 PM
heheh coffee rush always gets me hyped up. :) If i remember that Q&A session hasbro said they wanted to try and get a tie fighter out with new wings. I know it's been rumored for 2003 but quite honestly i think you could just randomly pick characters for release in the future and post it and everyone would take it as gospel. I actualy tried that as an experiment once. posted a list of rumored figures and slipped one in that I just thought soundded nice. Then i went to a few sites and saw the same thing listed as fact somewhere. Just shows how people put too much faith in the internet. Anyway, I hope the R5 is all new, I hope it actually gets a december release and doesn't get pushed back like a lot of stuff recently. If it gets a december release I might have a chance of finding one online in january. I plan on getting five R5 droids, one to keep as is and four for customing. One imperial, two rebel, one Mos Eisley, and one sale of the droids true. The rebel ones would be the white one with the black head and there's a white one with maroon markings in the rebel briefing scene of ROTJ that I fancy doing. The Mos Eisley one would be the orange yellow one. But then I could get more and do the one from the Naboo royal starship, The mauve one from Coruscant in AOTC, Then there's more rebel astro droids from ANH, a red and black one and I think there's a dark green one. Proportionatly i have more astro droids now than any other type of figure, I'm well on my way to having a total droid army. The droids will rule I'm tellin' ya! :crazed:

Doesn't alter the fact that there's stil no pics of the figgies though. :)

JangoFart
11-08-2002, 01:58 PM
I'm a bit concerned that the year's almost up and we haven't even seen pics of these guys yet. I haven't seen any sales figures, and I doubt anyone else has either, but I'm fairly certain the Star Tours line sold very well. Hopefully, the last 3 will actually be made, but they've seem to completely fallen off the map in the past month or so.

J

mtriv73
11-12-2002, 06:59 PM
This Auction says they'll be released December 1st. I don't believe everything I read on E-bay, but at least it gives us some hope.

<http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1787011954>

JangoFart
11-13-2002, 12:58 PM
Eh, for someone without a pic of the actual figures. I'd surely take the date listed in that auction with a salt lick - not just a grain.

J

Sentinel18725
12-02-2002, 12:00 PM
If or when they produce the cloud car...will they have the foresight to give us two pilots or will we have to wait a few years to get a carded second figure?

TheBigSloppy
12-08-2002, 06:27 PM
I got back from Disney last week. I asked a 'cast member' at Once Upon a Toy Store (the Disney Marketplace, Orlando) when they expected the new wave to come out - the lady said they were supposed to arrive in Dec. but they are now expecting them early January. I think the port closures in October screwed up the shipping dates of most of these toys. Same thing happened with the Tyderium Shuttle and the Simpsons Main Street environment.

Turbowars
12-08-2002, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by Sentinel18725
If or when they produce the cloud car...will they have the foresight to give us two pilots or will we have to wait a few years to get a carded second figure? You might want to repost this in the Saga threads, but I think we might just get 2 pilot packins, just like the WN POTJ crashed Snow Speeder.

Jargo
12-09-2002, 07:25 AM
More like just one pack-in. Even though it takes two hasbro will save on costs and only make the one for a pack-in or they'll basic card it so you can get as many as you want of the cool dood. I'd rather do it that way anyway seeing as pack-in figures are weak. It would reduce the cost of the vehicle too.

Turbowars
12-09-2002, 05:37 PM
Why do you say one when they gave us 2 with the speeder? You are right about the weak pack-ins. How about if they don't even give us one and make the ship nicer in detail.

jjreason
12-09-2002, 10:32 PM
Make a good ship and card the cool pilots. That would be my vote. Everyone likes pilots, right? Maybe they could even change the run part way through (like another rockin' X-games goateed variant like the Endor rebel soldier.... cuz goatees are SO cool). 2 different ones would be nice for a little variation, maybe with different arms so one could be using a comlink and the other's piloting the craft with both hands, maybe slightly different uniforms... maybe not. Would be good though.

Jargo
12-10-2002, 09:09 AM
I say one figure because it would be a new sculpt entirely whereas the snowspeeder utilised old molds so there was only the new dack head and the collars they sculpted new. Ergo they saved a pot of money by using old junk lying around for the pack in figures. So to speak.
I know this is still off topic but there's no harm in a little digression. That said, A basic carded pilot would as JJ said allow for a running 50/50 changeover of head sculpts. The detailing would be higher grade and the figure would be more likely to have accessories. If i had to say what accessory i wanted I'd say three or four, A gun, a commlink, an access ladder for the ship and some sort of small generator thing with a cable that had a small suction cup on the end. Maintenance of vehicles would be prime at a place like Cloud city so tools for the job would be kinda neat. I'd even go so far as to say leave out the gun seeing as he's a pilot not a soldier. So that's a commlink, a generator assembly and an access ladder.
I think access ladders should have come with all ships anyway.
I still hope they resculpt the vehicle maintenance energiser and shove it in as an accessory in the upcoming Target acessory pack that includes the Yavin hangar rebel technician.

See, I just send myself off topic without trying. Okay back to star tours now. So these things are due in January sometime? If that's the case why aren't they appearing on Ebay like the last two waves did. Early. We should have seen some photo evidence by now - somewhere or other. My faith is waning... help me Obi-Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope..............

JediDBM
01-07-2003, 10:40 AM
- G2-9T.
- SK-Z38.
What do these figures look like? Does anybody have pics to show of these figures?

Turbowars
01-07-2003, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by JediDBM
- G2-9T.
- SK-Z38.
What do these figures look like? Does anybody have pics to show of these figures? I have no clue about G2, but SK-Z38 should look like like this....

JediDBM
01-16-2003, 05:09 PM
Ok everybody, it is now January, where is this new R5 unit? To be honest I have been waiting since before Christmas just to see anything new. :confused:

Jargo
01-19-2003, 03:38 PM
According to the R2DTOYS webstore, the third wave is 'coming soon' so maybe they will show up this month or early next month. God i sincerely hope so. I'll take anything rather than those awful saga figures Hasbro just previewed. Notice how none of the star tours figures have had any gimmicks? that's cool.

jonthejedi
02-09-2003, 06:44 AM
I keep calling the Florida number...but to no avail. I heard wave 3 is being put on new blue "saga" cards, hence the delay.

Turbowars
02-09-2003, 09:20 AM
I heard they were scraping the line. I thought it was listed somewhere here on SSG.

Jargo
02-09-2003, 10:16 AM
Apparently they're on hold not scrapped. Same with the second wave of cantina sets. Hasbro must have put a lot on hold while they worked out this deal with LFL. They must have had a reason along those lines for stalling everything late 2002 and early 2003 until February.

So no new R5-D4 for a while yet. :( But frankly i can't see that many people would be buying the rest of the star tours figures for the figures themselves apart from R5-D4. Completists wil buy them all natch, but with two droids no-ones ever heard of in the wave it's like "yeah, whatever..."

Turbowars
02-09-2003, 10:22 AM
Yeah and the set will look funny with 6 POTJ cards and 3 Saga's. You know EJ one of the other 2 droids is supposed to be a Droid from Jabba's Palace. It looks like 8D8, but with big bug eyes, so I think it will sell well to us OT lovers.:D

Jargo
02-09-2003, 11:02 AM
Well i was looking at the pics that people posted a while back and I tinkered around with that one from japan that looks like BG-J38 and although it's got a body similar i don't think it's gonna look the same. just have a similar feel - if they use that one. I suppose they would just recycle the *-D8 body and bung a new head on which is something i was going to customise myself, but if they do that i'll wait for it. i just wish someone would post some pics of the figures even in prototype stage so we could get an idea of what's on offer.
And yeah it would be kinda dafty to change the cards for the final wave. The casual colectors would think it's something from one of the movies or something and the people who collect carded figures would be mad and then world war three really would erupt. :D It's sort of hartening i suppose with this extended license that although things might take longer to get released they stand a better chance of showing up sometime. Rather than work with a limited time span and have to cancel some planned stuff hasbro can now put more of the backburner stuff out in the quiet periods. Sort of cool really. Maybe they'll even get round to doing a 3ż scale starspeeder vehicle now. Just to finish of the set. I've never been to the Disney parks or taken the ride but the vehicle is kinda cool. We don't really have a passenger vehicle in the star wars line so the starspeeder would be a good place to get that done. And it fits in with the Coruscant and naboo vehicle designs from the prequel movies. Bonus. :)

Turbowars
02-09-2003, 11:11 AM
Yeah and it could double as a case, oh wait, it would probably only hold 2 figures because of the CRAPPY gimmicks.:evil: Hasbro