PDA

View Full Version : Did you get the TRU-exclusive silver anniversary R2-D2?

Tycho
11-04-2002, 04:58 AM
R2-D2 is making the holiday season happen, once again!

Another figure of the little droid is the chase-piece of the day - but this time quantities are supposed to be such that everyone who wants one will get one.

"Do you?" and "Did you?"

These are the topics of this poll.

187-Maul
11-04-2002, 07:27 AM
I voted for "no, not interested" although I rather would've taken "still deciding" since I'm still not sure if I want one or not
but I think it will end up that I won't get it

OC47150
11-04-2002, 07:52 AM
I got mine! My local TRU actually opened about five minutes early. For the last two years, there haven't been SW fans waiting outside TRU on a Saturday morning. There were about five of us this weekend.

Rogue II
11-04-2002, 08:08 AM
I was excited about getting this figure. I got my R2 yesterday when I purchased the Landspeeder. Now that I have the R2, there really isn't anything that great about him. The card is kind of neat. I'm not really a carded collector, but I'm not going to open this one since I don't really have a use for it.

I think I was just excited about getting this figure because I haven't made a Star Wars purchase since late Sept.

DARTH PECKER
11-04-2002, 08:50 AM
I was going to pick one up yesterday morning at my local TRU and what do know, I tripped on my shoelace , fell down my front stairs and whacked my skull on concrete or atleast that is what my neighbors told me because I was unconcious for 30 seconds. After a trip to the hospital and 8 stitches to my right temple I was pooped that wouldn't be to get a silver R2. Then.. low and behold somthing great would happen in the form a link..... yes it was the SSG latest news headlines informing me that I could by one from Toysrus.com so i did.

Thank you SirSteve
have coming to this website for 5 or 6 years now and it is still the best there is.

DahrJin
11-04-2002, 08:59 AM
Sad to say, I missed out in going to TRU this weekend. My wife and daughter were both deathly ill, or at least they acted like it, this weekend and I had to stay home and play nurse maid....:(

By the time I could sneak away, TRU was closed for the day.:mad:

Anyone think TRU's might still have any?

jedishawn
11-04-2002, 09:11 AM
DAMN i Want one the web site is out will they have more soon??? there is no tru withih 2 hrs of here HELP!!!!

LusiferSam
11-04-2002, 09:28 AM
I'm with 187-Maul, still thinking about it. I got the silver Vader and there is nothing special about that one, so I'm not sure I want the silver R2.

Dr Zoltar
11-04-2002, 09:39 AM
Found one here in the Pacific Northwest. Only problem was the staff at the local TRU store was absolutely clueless about the promotion -- Even though there was signage up in the store. Bought my $20 worth of figures but at the checkout when I asked for my claim slip for the R2-D2 the cashier said she had no idea what I was talking about. She then directed me to the "R-Zone" where another associate had to radio the floor manager because he had no idea what was going on. I then received my figure only to be told that it had to be rung up with my purchases so I had to go to the return counter, return the figures I just purchased, and buy them again only with the R2. I asked the floor manager why none of the associates where educated about this promo and she said "Well I thought we were out of them."

I really hate Hasbro for making certain figures available only at certain stores. It's bad enough dealing with idiots at Wal-Mart trying to get those exclusives.

blueswiz
11-04-2002, 09:53 AM
i had the exact same problem as dr. zoltar. but what was even worse, there was a major crease and bend in the card. like huge! and i asked if i could get one in better shape and the guy was digging around the box and said that i had the best one. i was sooooo dissappointed all day. so i went to another tru and got one in better condition. and i had the same trouble there getting my figure as i did at the first tru i went to. so now i have two r2's and a bunch of figures i already had, so i'm going to return the figures and get my money back and keep my r2's. what an easy scam!

Dr Zoltar
11-04-2002, 10:00 AM
Yep, my cards were C7-8 at best. No creases, but a little banged up. Either they weren't packed well or the employees didn't care what happened to them once the shipping boxes were opened. I do believe the employees don't have much sympathy for collectors.

Let me know if you're able to return the figures without the R2. I'd much rather buy the remaining figures I need at K Mart or Target where they are $3. I would have gotten a Land Speeder instead had TRU had any in stock.

Dr. Zoltar

jedi master sal
11-04-2002, 10:05 AM
I got three of them.

I was the first in line at the TRU nearest to me. I had to go a little north of Pittsburgh (where I'm from) for some other business and stopped at two more TRU's to get more Silver R2's.

I didn't think I'd get this fig but I like him. I'm also not a carded collector but will keep him as such. The other two are for members of my local fan club (www.thenewrepublic.net) (for which I just became city rep and vice president of). They asked me ahead of time that if I went out would I get them one. Now I know some of you are wondering about the $60 I had to spend to get these guys...

Let's just say that I finally got some things I had put on the back burner to buy at a later time. Well that time is here. I ended up getting 2 actionfleet AT-TE's for one, a droid blaster for another and: Watto, Lott Dod, Tusken w/massiff and another Anakin. Yeah I know the total was $19.98 before tax on the fist one and $19.96 for the last one but thankfully the TRU's didn't seem to mind or care.

The first one I went to though tried to hand me one with a bent card and I respectfully asked for one with a nice unbent card. The asst. manager was there and was not going to allow me to have a different one. To which I quickly pointed out that I spend HUNDREDS of dollars throughout the year and help keep sales going so this was a simple request. I don't often squabble over the issue of card condition but in this case I made an exception and thankfully again the asst manager relented. I did hear him saying, on my way out the door, to his employees though that from now on whatever they give out is what the customer gets.

Poor attitude considering it's mainly collectors who buy SW and keep the line going which in turn pays their (TRU's) wages. Indirectly of course, but still...

OC47150
11-04-2002, 10:05 AM
I'll admit I got two. I bought the landspeeder and the 12" Mace. The corner on one figure is buggered a bit but overall the cards on both are C8.

I had no problem getting the figures. The manager was working the register and called over to the service desk for more figures.

Beast
11-04-2002, 11:01 AM
I got two of them, and finally was able to get new figures that have been absent around here for far to long. Grabbed a Landspeeder for my first one. And then for the second I managed to grab Jango: Pilot, Lott Dod, Watto, and Tusken w/ Massiff for the other one. So all in all, a good day for Star Wars.

Plus I went to the Wal-Mart near the TRU, and they had pegs full of CloneTrooper Pilots. So I snagged myself two of those as well. Patience truely is a virtue, as I was close to hitting Ebay for to get the figures that I needed. Now I just need to get lucky and snag an ERS (no goatee) and Ephant Mon. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

bobafett07728
11-04-2002, 11:18 AM
Yeah. . . I was actually able to score three. I brought my Mom with me first thing Sunday, and bought the TRU X-Wing, and Gunship. After taken 4 minutes to purchase the vehicles we had to wait 45 minutes for someone to locate the R2-D2 figures (sounds like something shady was going on there. . .being that all other "freebies" were easily available on the floor, or at customer service.) What surprised me was that no one else was there getting the R2. . .the store was packed. . .but it was for the other promotions. The whole time I was there no one asked for the R2. I felt this was quite odd, since the TRU I went to is well known for scalpers, and is difficult to find anything at. One of the R2's was a little creased. . .but I'm over it. Later that day, my brother and I went to NY to see the Episode II IMAX version (my opinion is still up in the air), so I figured I would stop at the TImes Square TRU, to see if I could get the Landspeeder that my local store didn't have. Luckily, they had a handful, AND they still had some R2's. This was around a half-hour before closing, so I was pretty surprised. I guess Hasrbro kept true to their word, and provided enough R2's so that everyone will get one. It seems like Hasbro did a good job.

Deoxyribonucleic
11-04-2002, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Patience truely is a virtue, as I was close to hitting Ebay for to get the figures that I needed.

You are SO RIGHT! Plus patience saves you ALL kinds of money :)

My R2 experience was actually VERY fun. I met a fellow collector that I see around often and we waited in line and just talked about this and that, some others came in line that were there for star wars but didn't know about the R2 and were pleasantly surprised and thankful when we told them, so we all talked and when TRU opened, everyone was so cool and just calmly walked over to the SW section and we all found stuff for each other. Then the manager, who's also a fellow collector brought out 15 cases of figs and we all got plenty of clone pilots and shaven endor soldiers! He was SO cool and excited for us to get us all the things we wanted 'cept Ephant who they haven't gotten in yet, but that's alright, we'll all eventually get one! :) and they had the r2's hanging on pegs behind the registers and they were all in excellent condition! And the cashier was great too as she took extra care in putting the figures in the bag! :)

JediBoulton
11-04-2002, 01:32 PM
Just got my R2 -- He looks great!! Looks as good as the Vader. My package was VERY CLEAN !! The lady was very nice and got one with no damage and even placed it in a seperate bag so it would not get crushed. Now, I just have to get this one signed like I did with Vader...

SithDroid
11-04-2002, 02:48 PM
Well I went yesterday to purchase my $20 worth of SW merchandise, this was at 2:45pm and the lady said they were SOLD OUT already. I believe that they were lying because it had looked like hardly anything had been bought from the SW section. Plus I find it hard to believe that they sold out THAT quickly. I asked her if I could get a raincheck for the R2 and she told me just to bring in my receipt later when they get more back in. I had better get one, and I hope that the TRU employees are not hoarding them, or else Hasbro will be getting a letter from me.

Heck they said that everyone who wants one will get one, but they said that about the 25th anniversary Darth Vader and I never got mine. If this keeps up, I might just stop colleting SW and focus on the many other thing s I collect.

jpak001
11-04-2002, 03:11 PM
Hello everyone, my first post here (even though I've been a sirstevesguide reader since well before Phantom Menace came out). Hopefully many more to come!

I got 2 silver R2's. I went today at lunch, my "work area" TRU still had lots in stock. The checkout guy know what I was talking about, and immediately called someone to bring some over to us.

The first one he grabbed had a ding on the card, but before I could say anything he was grabbing another. For some mysterious reason he gave me two (I wasn't about to complain).

I bought a Unleashed Vader (couldn't beleive that was on the shelf!), and a Obi-Wan Pilot figure to get them. It came to $19.98 before tax. I don't know why he gave me two, but he did!

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
11-04-2002, 03:41 PM
I got one yesterday and another today!:D

obi-dad
11-04-2002, 04:16 PM
My story is the same as many of you. I was probably at the counter trying to get my figure for 20-30 minutes, before I got the best carded figure out of the box I could find.... a C-8/9 at the best.

Darth Metalmute
11-04-2002, 04:49 PM
My Toys R Us placed the figures on the shelve and sold them for a penny.
They also put them out Saturday and was sold out before the ad even hit the paper.

Deoxyribonucleic
11-04-2002, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Darth Metalmute
My Toys R Us placed the figures on the shelve and sold them for a penny.
They also put them out Saturday and was sold out before the ad even hit the paper.

Did you get one though?

Darth Metalmute
11-04-2002, 05:01 PM
yeah I got one, there was about 15 left when i was there at noon on sat and only two were undamaged. even though they sold them for a penny I still picked up a gunship,because i had a coupon.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
11-04-2002, 05:06 PM
Even though for some reason I receive error messages everytime I try to vote in a poll, yes, I was able to pick up 2 Silver R2s on Sunday, despite the fact that, from my own judgment, that they were available on Saturday as well.

otisdodge
11-04-2002, 05:38 PM
I got mine yesterday. I love him. I am collecting astromech droids and customizing some of them, so this will look great in my collection--right next to my gold w/purple R3-T7.

LusiferSam, If you don't like your Vader, wanna give him to me?

tk0971
11-04-2002, 07:06 PM
I got 2 yesturday and I went back to see if they had restocked the Shelfs but they were empty.I talked to a friend that worked there and he said that they only got in 32-R2 D2.My sister and Brother inlaw picked up a couple out in Texas for me they mailed them out today.

gsr-jedi
11-04-2002, 07:13 PM
I only picked up one yesterday. I got to TRU about 10 minutes before they opened, and there was about 5 or 6 other people waiting who I could tell were there for the R2 (one of them had a SW shirt on). We all just walked over there calmly, I was the second person to the SW toy aisle. I purchased the POTJ Luke/Leia & Han/Chewie Silver Anniversary packs, and an Action Fleet AT-TE; since they no longer had any Landspeeders and I have the Arena on layaway at Wal-Mart.

JediTricks
11-04-2002, 08:18 PM
What goofball thought up this cheesy poll anyway?!? ;) (hint: I did :D)

I voted "Yes, from a store" because I had a fairly nice experience getting it. Around noonish, I finally picked up the 2 AOTC Action Fleet and Jango Pilot and walked up to the shortest line - there was a big display nearby with 2 girls warbling into the latest little girl karaoke noise-maker, this one sounded really awful and made the wait nigh-unbearable - and of course the shortest line took the absolute longest possible thanks to confused old people with coupons in-hand and gift receipts on their minds. How 1 transaction selling 1 item could be so confounding is completely beyond my patience or understanding, but I stood there and waited until they finally finished their transaction... TEN MINUTES LATER!!! The cashier was friendly and swiped all 3 items then went for her big-book to look up the coupon code on the free R2 (which she couldn't find) then pulled an R2 out from under her register, scanned it, and let me know that this was free with my Star Wars purchase. No having to go to the Cust Serv desk, no having to call over the manager, no having to DO ANYTHING, it was the smoothest transaction of this nature I had been a part of in quite a while.

If I get the opportunity, I'll get a 2nd one for opening purposes (this one's card is slightly bent); usually I'm an everything-opener, but I like this and Vader carded, I have very few carded figs but TRU R2 immediately went into a Star Case when I got home (thankfully it fit in an older case).

underdog25
11-04-2002, 10:55 PM
I will be the first to say sorry for TRU and all the problems you have had with the R2 promotion. The Company as a whole has kept everyone in the dark until a week before the promotion hit. You are suppost to buy your items and then go to the Customer Service Area and get your free R2. It doesn't have to be scanned out! Every store got at least 96 figures in for the promotion. There are 32 per case. The cases are packed really well from Hasbro so the damage is coming from shipping and handling. As far as "being out" already, I doubt it. Someone is just to lazy and/or doesn't care to FIND the product in the back. I got 2 and am happy with that. It is a nice figure but I am now not going to open it because of the legs being on backward. Hasbro and their "QUALITY CONTROL"! Whatever!

DountCooko
11-05-2002, 02:24 PM
Haven't bothered getting one. It sounds like a real hassle from all of the feedback. And the cards are trashed...so what's the use anyway.

Jargo
11-05-2002, 02:52 PM
Well i voted yes, from another source. I mentioned it in the saga section but I got mine a week ago from R2DTOYS. less hassle. There was no reason for me to traipse all the way to TRU since they have nothing I require, and they won't be putting the thing out until next week here. So i just payed out for the one figure and recieved it all mint in a star case for the princely sum of 25. I call that equitable since it means R2DTOYS had gone to the trouble of aquiring them and also shoving the lovely mint figures into star cases. I don't keep mine carded which does on reflection seem to be a little bit wasteful but nonetheless i opened my R2 and have him with TC-14. I would have bought a second one but I'm hoping to snap up other stuff like the star tours figures so I've no need to waste money any more than i already have. I had a feeling that the TRU situation would not be run smoothly so why go through the hassle of it all? I have mine much earlier than the majority of the UK. I like the figure despite his disability. He's lovely and shiney. Thanks R2DTOYS ;)

SithDroid
11-05-2002, 05:57 PM
Is it just me or are the 3 TRU in my area the only ones who DIDN'T get enough? I didn't get mine because they supposedly sold out even though it didn't look like they sold that much SW merchandise. I hope they receive another shipment soon.

gsr-jedi
11-05-2002, 08:32 PM
I was able to pick up a second one today from a different TRU. I went there before work and they had Unleashed Vader & Padme, so I figured what the hey! The guy ringing me up had forgot about it, but I asked and he said they had a couple left, then he brought out a basket with four or five in it and he let me go through them to find the best package.

stillakid
11-05-2002, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by SithDroid
Is it just me or are the 3 TRU in my area the only ones who DIDN'T get enough? I didn't get mine because they supposedly sold out even though it didn't look like they sold that much SW merchandise. I hope they receive another shipment soon.

Of course I can't know for sure what is going on at your store, but I had to pull out the ad and show the lady behind the counter what I was talking about. Press them a bit and I'll wager they'll "magically" come up with what you're looking for.

Just once I'd like to deal with customer service that knows more about their products than I do. For instance, when I went to the IMAX AOTC last week, I asked for the Bantha Tracks. I got blank stares from 3 different employees. One of them got on the phone with a "manager" whom I could tell was making up a story. First he said that he didn't know what I was talking about. Then suddenly, his story changed and he claimed that they hadn't gotten any and expected them in by the middle of the week. My friend and I stopped to get a bite outside and ended up hanging out for about a half hour. As we were about to leave, I remembered that I wanted to get validation from the theater for my parking. Guess what was sitting on the counter when we walked back in? :stupid: Freakin' morons. I'll accept an "I don't know what you're talking about" any day over being out and out lied to.

Anyway, the moral of the story is don't trust employees to know any better. I got my R2 a few days after the initial release. The odds of your store "running out" seem pretty bad.

Jedi-Dalsa
11-07-2002, 03:19 AM
Hi: Star Wars Fans. 11/07/2002
Yes I got Two of The This Past Weekend on Saturday. I see as well the legs are on Backwards! Man that is terrible.

The Question Is has anyone opened this figure???

If so did the Silver paint fall or come off of it?

The Reason I ask this is i bought Two of the Silver Darth Vaders when they came out and Opened one of them and the Silver Paint came right off his Arm! The paint job was Terrible for sure on them as the Silver paint wipes right off! So did anyone Open the R2-D2 and Have this Problem with R2 as well???

Please let me know? Thanks!

Another Question has anyone that did open the R2-D2, did you try to take the legs off and put them on the Correct way??? Please let me know? Thanks!

Jedi-Dalsa

Jabba's Hit Man
11-07-2002, 10:49 AM
I don't plan on getting one. It kinda looks neat, but it just doesn't do anything for me.

jpak001
11-07-2002, 11:47 AM
Just a FYI:
As of yesterday, the TRU by my house still had some R2's. Looks like their still out there if anyone's still looking for one!

Dr Zoltar
11-07-2002, 01:38 PM
Well I haven't opened my R2's yet, but on one of them the blue paint is already peeling off the head. Looks like Hasbro didn't do proper testing of this little guy before shipping him to the public.

Beast
11-07-2002, 02:25 PM
Dr. Zoltar, paint on top of chrome doesn't bond well, so that is a commen problem. That's why when things are commenly chromed, they mask off sections that will be painted later. I would suggest not handling the figures much, or your paint is going to slowly wear away. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

stillakid
11-07-2002, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Jabba's Hit Man
I don't plan on getting one. It kinda looks neat, but it just doesn't do anything for me.

Try sticking him down your pants! :D

Uh, just kidding...:)

OzOtter
11-07-2002, 03:53 PM
Got mine from TRU. He's neat, will look good next to Vader.

I hope that TRU Time's Square has moved enough old stock with this promotion to get new stuff in. I have yet to even see a Tusken/Massiff or shaven Endor Trooper.

Jargo
11-07-2002, 04:02 PM
One of the probs with chrome paint is that if you touch it because it's non porous the grease from your fingers just sits there. If the factory making them just handled the heads the the heads will have grease spots that the paint won't adhere to. There's a couple of missed patches on mine where it looks like the paint just seperated because of a grease mark. No paint has flaked off mine and i've been handling him all week. I have'nt tried to correct his legs since cutting the plastic or trying to boil and pop or whatever will crack the paint and that would be a baaaaaaad thing to happen. To be honest i don't really see this as a problem. The chrome is so shiny it's hard to notice the defect in his legs. The only way to find out by looking at it is that he doesn't quite sit right on his feet and he'll occasionally tip forward if bumped. Or I should say mine does.

metaljedi
11-09-2002, 12:14 AM
I got one at a store as well. I bought a bunch of Jedi to open. I just wish they would done this with the Darth Vader.

1SG Fett
11-09-2002, 12:37 PM
:Pirate:

TRU has to be the worst store when its comes to a promo. I live in Olympia/Tacoma area of Washington state. I hit every TRU store in my area to collect up on a few R2's. Every store I went to was just clueless as to what was going on. The store in Olympia was guarding the figures like the soup nazi. The cashiers at the registers did not even mention anything about the figure after a 20 dollar purchase of star wars merchandise. In the end I was able to get 3 extra fiures free with my reciepts from the Olympia store. I do not feel bad about this due to the way TRU treats its customers.

Wal Mart is the way to go for the next promo...

Dr Zoltar
11-10-2002, 12:27 AM
1SG Fett,

I know what you mean. The Tacoma Mall TRU was a disaster. The employees had no idea what was going on. My experience is listed earlier in the thread.

I was able to get another one at the Lynnwood TRU who still had pleanty, but again, the only one who knew about the promotion was the floor manager. But she was kind enough to get me one that was at least a C9 grade. The Federal Way TRU has been pretty nice to me in the past as well.

So how did you score the extra R2's?

I've got mixed feelings about the people who returned the stuff they bought and were able to keep the free R2. But with the quality level of employees at some of these TRU stores, it doesn't surprise me that someone was able to return their stuff without being asked for the promo back.

1SG Fett
11-11-2002, 12:12 AM
Hey There,

I was able to get four R2D2's off of one 20 dollar purchase.

All I did was take my receipt to other TRU stores and say that I never got my free figure. Since no one has any idea on whats going on at these TRU's its easy to get more than one R2D2 on a single purchase.

I was able to get crease free cards with no damage to the bubble.

If you need a C 10 R2D2 let me know.

Take care...

Beast
11-11-2002, 12:34 AM
Congratulations, 1SG Fett!! You just won the "Complete lack of morals award" for this week. That was a pretty ignorent thing to do, effectivly screwing 3 people out of figures because you had to be greedy. And now your looking to sell or trade the figures that you technically stole. :rolleyes: :mad: :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

sith_killer_99
11-11-2002, 12:44 AM
Are you suprised?

Guys like this show up all the time after these events. Bragging about how they got over on the system.

These are the same guys who end up starting flame wars here on the boards. We've seen a bunch of these guys hitting the boards lately. They are easy enough to spot.

They like to start arguements and then, when they get board, they usually split.

Just ignore them and they will go away.

BTW, this will be my only post on this matter.;)

Beast
11-11-2002, 12:53 AM
I know, but I don't want them to think that it was cool that they are greedy scalpers. Damn my moral side, it gets me in so much trouble sometimes. Besides, it's not always newbies that do this sort of thing. I've seen similar bragging from people that have been here a while. About returning the items they bought to get the R2-D2's. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

1SG Fett
11-11-2002, 11:21 AM
Jar Jar Binks has the mind of the real Jar Jar.

Never did I say that I was gonna sell or trade my figures, so stop being a jackass and put words in my mouth. I was willing to give one of my R2's away to a collector who lived close to me. People like you are the ones who start all of this stupid crap about scalping and selling on the second market. I'm sure you got your R2D2 with no problem and what I did in no way effects what you do in everyday life unless that is if you buy up extra figures and try to make a profit off of other folks who cant find the figs them selves.

If you have more than one R2 yourself makes you no better than me.

So **** off flit boy

1SG Fett
11-11-2002, 11:31 AM
I got two of them, and finally was able to get new figures that have been absent around here for far to long. Grabbed a Landspeeder for my first one. And then for the second I managed to grab Jango: Pilot, Lott Dod, Watto, and Tusken w/ Massiff for the other one. So all in all, a good day for Star Wars.

Plus I went to the Wal-Mart near the TRU, and they had pegs full of CloneTrooper Pilots. So I snagged myself two of those as well. Patience truely is a virtue, as I was close to hitting Ebay for to get the figures that I needed. Now I just need to get lucky and snag an ERS (no goatee) and Ephant Mon. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks :mad: You got 2 R2's?! And to think that you were crying about someone getting 3 extra R2's a screwing some little kid out of a R2D2 in Sri Lanka.

My advise to you is dont be a " Do as I say and not as I do a" and mind your own bussiness...

Beast
11-11-2002, 11:39 AM
You still effectivly stole them from TRU, so don't act high and mighty my friend. Plus you made a comment asking if anyone " needs a C 10 R2D2" to let you know. Doubt that your intending to give them away for free. Besides, you did scalp/steal them from the store, because you didn't follow the rules of the sale, just to rip them off. I did get two, but I spent $40.00 to do it, and the second one was given to my collector brother. So there is no comparison who is the scalper/theif in this instance. :happy: :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
11-11-2002, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by 1SG Fett
:mad: You got 2 R2's?! And to think that you were crying about someone getting 3 extra R2's a screwing some little kid out of a R2D2 in Sri Lanka.

My advise to you is dont be a " Do as I say and not as I do a" and mind your own bussiness...
I paid for both of mine, slappy. I purchased a $20.00 Landspeeder for the R2-D2 for myself. And I bought 4 figures for the R2-D2 I gave to my brother. I didn't take receipts around and steal R2-D2's from the store. You sir, have no morals. Besides, your bragging about the theft on a message board. Doesn't sound much like you want people not to notice your lack of morals and comment on them. So you are making it my business. Thank you for playing. :happy: :D

1SG Fett
11-11-2002, 11:48 AM

I paid for both of mine, slappy. I purchased a $20.00 Landspeeder for the R2-D2 for myself. And I bought 4 figures for the R2-D2 I gave to my brother. I didn't take receipts around and steal R2-D2's from the store. You sir, have no morals. Besides, your bragging about the theft on a message board. Doesn't sound much like you want people not to notice your lack of morals and comment on them. :) :) Ok what ever you win. Good thing that you still live at your parents house because I think that working at Burger King would not be enough to pay rent and buy star wars figures at the same time.

Be careful at what you say the next time you are in line at TRU. You may just run into one of those guys you complain about :eek:

JarJarSTINKS
11-11-2002, 02:20 PM
Yo, yo enough on the insults. Why dont the both of you grow up? These are just toys. I got two the hard way, by having myself and GF buy 20 bucks worth each. Sure, I returned the merch and kept my R2s, those who didnt are wishing they had or soon will, unless you actually dont already have everything I want like I do.
I actually got 3 more of tru.com, but thats another story. I am not planning to scalp them for another 10 years anyway.
I just hate to see two grown men fighting online, kind of reminds one the comic book guy on the simpsons, doesnt it?

TheBigSloppy
11-11-2002, 03:51 PM
I was one of the current 51 pollsters who got his R2 from Amazon. As a matter of fact, I received them today.

AND I am disappointed!!! Not because of the figure.

BUT, the bubbles on BOTH cards were crushed.

I am going to try to return these for two in better condition. Hope they still have some in my area. I don't see why TRU would have a problem exchanging them if I bring my Amazon/TRU receipt. Do you?

Jedi-Dalsa
11-12-2002, 07:21 AM
If Your Local Toys 'R' Us Does Not Have The R2-D2's? One They May Not Have Them Yet So Wait First. Or If You go To eBay They Are Selling The R2-D2's For 5.00 To 10.00 So It Would Be Easy To Get One On eBay Now And Allot Cheaper As Well Then Spending 20.00 or More Just To Get One And Get The Run Around. Like We Don't Have Them. Or We Don't Know Anything Of This? Or We Are Sold Out As We Only Had A Few And They're Gone Already And We Won't Be Getting No More! So If This Is Your Toys 'R' Us Store? Just Go To eBay And Pay Only 5.00 Or 10.00 And Forget These Toys 'R' Us Stores Who Give You The Runaround. Man I Got Mine At Toys 'R' Us When This Started So I'm Ok With Our Store Here Then. But If I Knew I Could Buy One On eBay For 5.00 Or So I Would Of Went That Way Instead As To Pay 20.00 To 40.00 On Star Wars Stuff That Was Old And Not Needed In The First Place. So That's What I Would Do At This Point Then? The Choice Is Yours. May The Force Be With You! Jedi-Dalsa

riverzendz
11-12-2002, 07:55 AM
I got my R2 the day they came out. $9.99 +$4 shipping from Amazon.com. Could've ordered 3 and got a free on but I didn't. The figure came it a c10 pacakge and looks pretty awesome. I don't have a close by TRU and besides, I've got everything but Ephont and No beard ERS and I know they wouldn't have those. I'm not much on vehicle collecting, maybe the Gunship, but nothing else really, until they are a year and a half old and all the stores knock em down to 70% off. Anyway, you might be able to get one from Amazon, last time I checked, a day after my order was placed, they were gone but they might have listed more.

Dr Zoltar
11-12-2002, 03:43 PM
1SG Fett,

Thanks for the offer. I ended up with 3 -- 1 for me, 1 for my wife, and 1 for a friend of hers at work. So I'm OK right now with the number of R2's. But I appreciate the offer. Maybe in the future we can team up if there's anything else the other is looking for.

It's a shame so much flaming took place over the fact that you got a couple of extra R2's. If TRU was really concerned about people taking more than what they deemed was appropriate, they should have either had you return what you bought and rerang the transaction with the silver R2 on the receipt, or written something on your original receipt indicating that you had received the promo figure. Since they didn't, oh well. Their loss is your gain.

I just hope some of the other store exclusive Star Wars items are a little easier to obtain.