PDA

View Full Version : New Star Wars Games

Masterjedi73
11-04-2002, 02:02 PM
Hi Everyone.

I just wanted to know your opinion on this:

I just started playing the Gamecube version of The Clone Wars, and the lightsaber controls are very limited. Are all of the new games going to be like that?

The controls on the XBOX for "Obi-Wan" I thought were awesome. You just used the right control stick for different Lsaber attacks.....

The lightsaber attacks work much better from the control stick (rather than a button). Any ideas as to whether or not new games will feature that?

Thanks

James Boba Fettfield
11-04-2002, 04:48 PM
I have no idea. A lot of times control setups are not discussed much before games are released. I hope the controls for the Jedi Knight game on GC are not as bad as in Clone Wars. I liked the setup for Obi-Wan, too. It was cool of how many different attacks with your saber could do by pressing it in different directions.

Boba Rhett
11-04-2002, 08:14 PM
^^ What he said. ^^ :)

That was the only half decent aspect of Obi Wan. It still wasn't that good considering what it was suposed to be but it was at least mildly enjoyable. If they transfered JO's controls correctly, you should love them.

Masterjedi73
11-05-2002, 08:34 AM
Jedi Outcast? The controls for PC? What was good about them? I didn't care for them and actually sold the game before I completed level 1. I am looking forward to it on GC, though.

The Overlord Returns
11-05-2002, 11:42 AM
How is Clone wars? I saw a commercial for it and it looks quite cool.....

Masterjedi73
11-05-2002, 12:01 PM
It's a cool game. The multiplayer option is nice, and with 20 bonus objectives met (or the code) you can play the Geonosis battle with a bunch of friends.

The story is ok, and the game play (depending on level) is pretty good. I let my 4 year old play it on Padawan level, and he does ok. The Jedi Knight and Master are more difficult.

There's 16 levels....I haven't done all of them yet, but I like what I've done so far. The controls for everything except the lightsabers are good.

The Overlord Returns
11-05-2002, 12:14 PM
What sort of characters can you play as?

Masterjedi73
11-05-2002, 12:59 PM
At different points in the game you play as Mace, Obi-Wan and Anakin. In multiplayer, there's more options....depending on how many bonus levels you complete.

Rogue II
11-05-2002, 01:17 PM
I just read about the Clone Wars game. How do the large battles work if you are only operating 1 vehicle? Is it basically like Rogue Squadron?

The Overlord Returns
11-05-2002, 01:36 PM
I was hoping you'd get to play as a clone trooper.......damn shame.

Masterjedi73
11-10-2002, 05:43 PM
Well I finished the game the other day, and I'm glad I rented it instead of buying it. It was fun, but def. too short....not enough lightsaber action, either. The multiplayer was weak too.