PDA

View Full Version : PS2 Twisted Metal Black: Online

Dar' Argol
11-04-2002, 10:55 PM
Ok, I got the modem for the PS2 and I sent in the paper for the free copy of Twisted Metal Balck: Online. I have not gotten it yet, but what I want to know is, Is this a strickly online game?? Or is it the complete version of the game with online options???

Anyone . . . . . . . . . . . Anyone . . . . . . . . . . . Bueler . . . . . . . . . . Bueler . . . . . . . . . . . .

QLD
11-05-2002, 01:37 AM
If I recall.....it is the complete game with online options.

Rogue II
11-05-2002, 07:15 AM
I bought Twisted Metal Black used last year. I am not what you call "good" at that game. I don't think I will even try to play that game online.

Question about the PS2 online: Will my DSL connection work or do I have to have a dial-up?

James Boba Fettfield
11-05-2002, 08:23 AM
From what I have read at the boards of Twisted Metal on Game FAQ's site, it is strictly just an online game. Twsited Metal Black Online just has online deathmatch. Twisted Metal Black has the single player an non-online multiplayer. As for the dial up question, it's not limited to dial up only. So I guess it would work. Again, these aren't my words, just what I have read others saying on another board.

Dar' Argol
11-06-2002, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by Rogue II
Question about the PS2 online: Will my DSL connection work or do I have to have a dial-up?

On the modem there is a yellow sticker that says something to the effect of, "Do not put phone line here" That is for a Ethernet connection to your DSL or Cable Modem. You would need to know your connections for that though in order to hook it up. I think there might be a help menu for that as well on the disc included.

I soooooo need cable:(

Rogue II
11-07-2002, 07:08 AM
I don't know if I will ever get around to buying the modem for the PS2. The only game I have that has an online mode is Madden 2003.

QLD
11-07-2002, 01:46 PM
I have DSL, but there has been nothing for the PS2 that made me want to get the modem.

Socom is buggy, and not that great, and I hate playing Madden online, because people don't play "real" football.

They bring all of their defensive players to one side, and rush everyone, taking advantage of the AI glitches that won't compensate for such things. :rolleyes:

Dar' Argol
11-07-2002, 04:14 PM
From what I understand, Socom can be really good IF you have a group of ppl who are interested in playing the game the way it was intended, like a unit. Not going off guns blazing! Tony Hawk 4 has online and is out now and I think I remeber that Tony 3 had online as well. There is talk that Final Fantasy 12 will be online and there is Tribes as well, a Doom type capture the flag gamey thingy:D. I have't played it yet, but . . . .

The other nice thing about the Modem, and you might have to get it then QLD:rolleyes:, it that the attachment for the HDD is right on the Modem. That will fit into that HUGH space under the "Expantion Bay" cover on the back side of the PS2. It looks like it takes a standard HDD, but Sony will probably have some type of special HDD that can only be used on the PS2. I think I remember Game Spot reviewing the Modem and said they could not get a standard HDD to sucsessfully work on it. Hopefully that will be out soon as well:D

QLD
11-07-2002, 04:25 PM
I am looking forward to Final Fantasy 11 online. They already started beta testing in Japan, and it looks cool.

I am not a fan of Tony Hawk or skateboarding, but I may give Tribes a try.

jjreason
11-07-2002, 04:59 PM
Ill be getting the modem as soon as I can find one. I left many of my good videogaming friends back in Ontario, and we've been waiting for an opportunity to continue our EA NHL and Madden feuds via internet. The day will soon be here!!!!!!

Oh, and QLD you can always either play with folks you know, or make some specifications with the other guy as to what's reasonable or not. Hopefully there'll be others who see it our way. (I hate BS videogame football, the only departure my friends and I make is going for it on long fourth downs, as defensive stops are so rare, they're usually the team's death knell for that game).

QLD
11-07-2002, 06:05 PM
Problem is, most of my friends don't erally like playing sports games. I had such a bad time with playing sports games online, I just gave up. People quitting during games, etc etc.

My friends and I get together to play games about every other weekend (usually Halo), so we don't really feel the need to play each other online.

Dar' Argol
11-08-2002, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by Quite-Long Dong
My friends and I get together to play games about every other weekend (usually Halo), so we don't really feel the need to play each other online.

Yeah but you could play us:D :D :D.

Tony Hawk is actually a cool game. My bother-in-law had 2 on his computer and he got me hooked. Its pretty challeging at times. Its just not skateboarding. You have gols and what not to complete. And from what I understand, TH4 is suppose to be the best one yet, with a bit of re-designing to the gameplay:D

mrmiller
11-15-2002, 01:25 PM
Xbox live today! Some of us should hook up.

Twisted Metal Online is for online play only Dar Argol.

And I loved Madden football when I first got it, but everone figured out the glitches and take advantage of them to raise their stats and ranings. Also, same goes with SOCOM, no one wants to follow orders, or even issue any. They don't play as a team and it gets real bad real fast. Too many little kiddies I guess.

Hopefully the same will not happen with Xbox. I'm gonna post a new thread for Xbox live, and leave this one for PS2 online. But if anyone wants to hook up- just PM me here, and my Yahoo Messenger will alert me to the new msg- Late.

=MATT=

Dar' Argol
11-17-2002, 02:08 PM
Well, I got TMB: Online yesterday and its really cool! It is only online play, but even with a dial up modem, its pretty fast. Dial up only supports 2 players and a computer controled BOT, and broadband supports up to 8 players. There are a ton of levels and cars galore. There is even 4 modes of play: DeathMatch, Last Man Standing, Collector, and Man Hunt.

DeathMatch: Calssic Twisted Metal free-for-all mode in which every player is against every other player. Players battle until their car is destroyed and then regenerate at a random location to battel again. There are many parameters for this mode.

Last Man Standing: Players battle similar to Deathmatch but each player is only allocated X lives, where X is some predetermined number. The last player left alive is declared the winner. All players are forced to enter the game at the same time in this game mode. If a player joins the game after it has started, they must remain in the Waiting Room until the next game stars.

Collector: The objective is to be the first player to collect all of the artifacts scattered throughout the enviroment. Players can take an artifact from another player in two ways: 1)Deliver enough damage to a player and they will loss an artifact or, 2) Kill the player causing them to lose all the artifacts they were carrying. When a player dies, they regenerate at a random location and can attempt to collect artifacts again. If an additional game ending parameter is imposed, the player with the most artifacts collected at the end of the game is the winner.

Man Hunt: One player is designated as the "Prey, and the other remaining players are the "Hunters". Hunters get points for damaging and killing the Prey. The Prey gets points for evading, killing, and damaging the Hunters. If the prey is killed, the hunter that made the kill becomes the Prey.

There are several parameters to be added to each game mode and tons of fun to be had:D Unfortunatly, I only have a Dail-Up, so I can only play 2 player games. But if you guys want to play, I can host a gme called SSG with a password, so only you guys can get in:D. LMK and we'll set up a day to play:D