PDA

View Full Version : New Rumor List for 2003!!

JangoFart
11-05-2002, 04:20 PM
Check out this link with the latest rumors for 2003's Star Wars figures!

I'm fired up about these! The Jedi and Clone Trooper mulit-packs will be great!

Keep in mind, these are rumored figures. But, their last rumors NAILED it! So, here's hoping they do it again.

Tawk amongst yourselves. I'm feeling vaclempt....

J

http://www.galactichunter.com/absolutenm/templates/full_article_template_1.asp?articleid=336&zoneid=2

The Overlord Returns
11-05-2002, 04:30 PM
Impressive.....most impressive.....

Those 4 packs sound brilliant!!

Wookie Jedi!!!

Beast
11-05-2002, 04:34 PM
Thanks for the heads up, JF. For those people like Big B, that have such a long loading time for websites like that, here is a copy of the list. :)

2003 Rumor List Strikes Back
- Reported by Mike

Our Bothan spies have transmitted some new information on upcoming swag for 2002. Cool stuff from both classic and prequels that should keep your collecting energies high for 2K3!

Basic:
Flying R2-D2
Naboo Anakin with Mechanical Hand and base
Snowtrooper with Cannon
Count Dooku with Death Star Hologram
Waitress Droid (with diner floor display base and plates of food)
Lt. Faytonni (Anthony Daniels)

Deluxe:
Jango Fett with Kamino Landing Platform

Multi-Pack:
Jedi Knight 4-Pack (Human, Rodian, Twi'lek, and Wookiee)
Clone Trooper 4-Pack (Red, Green, Blue, and Orange)

Scene Pack Wave 2:
Lars Homestead (Attack of the Clones)

12" Collection:
AT-ST Driver
Lando Skiff Guard
Han Solo

Vehicles:
Obi-Wan Kenobi's Speeder with figure
Zam Wessel's Speeder with figure

Action Fleet:
Wave 1
217131 Republic Gunship (With rotating wing turrets and opening troop doors)
220300 Clone Trooper Transport (with retractable landing gear)

Wave 2
220857 Anakin's Speeder (with retractable rear thrusters)
Zam's Speeder (with interchangeable battle damage panels)
Spider Droid (with pivoting laser cannons)

Wave 3
221732 Mon Calamari Cruiser
222123 Jedi Starfighter (with battle damage)
221350 Imperial Star Destroyer (with opening hangar bay)

Vehicles:
217183 Wheeled Missile Droid (with multi-firing missile launchers)

Role Play:
Electronic Yoda Lightsaber

A reminder that this list has not been officially confirmed by Hasbro and does not reflect everything that's planned for 2003. Things could get cancelled, changed, or even added on in the interim. Enjoy! We'll make sure to update you as we learn more!

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Patient Zero
11-05-2002, 04:39 PM
Lt. Faytonni (Anthony Daniels)????

Someone please remind me.

JangoFart
11-05-2002, 04:41 PM
Out of curiosity, what is "Obi-Wan's Speeder"? Have I forgotten a part of the movie w/ Ewan cruisin' around on something? (I'm not ruling that out, mind you :) )

Only thing I can think of him cruising around on was the assassin droid - and that wasn't, I'm sure, his preferred mode of transport. (Not to mention the fact that its been made already.)

I'm thinking it was supposed to be Anakin's Speeder with a figure - probably just a re-pack.

Help me out here.

J

JangoFart
11-05-2002, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by The Ghost of Jonna
Lt. Faytonni (Anthony Daniels)????

Someone please remind me.

I'm FAIRLY certain that's the name of his character in the night club. But, don't quote me on that.

J

Beast
11-05-2002, 04:48 PM
Yes, Lt. Faytonni is one of the Republic Pilots in the nightclub on Corsurant. It was a chance for both Anthony Daniels and Ahmed Best to appear out of costume or actually on camera outside of their roles as C-3PO and Jar Jar Binks. I hope they will do a 50/50 running change on the figure, and do Achk Med-Beq as well. :)

I'm betting that the Obi-Wan w/ Speeder and Zam Wessel w/ Speeder are just re-packings of the Corsurant Speeder's with pilots. Maybe they can actually give us an Obi-Wan and Zam that will actually fit in the Speeders. But it will probably just be previously released figures. :)

Orange CloneTrooper? I hope that's a mistake and they meant to put Yellow. Since there is no Orange versions as far as I know from the movie or even from pictures of the different Troopers. The Jedi pack sounds good. Even the EU Wookiee Jedi. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Lord Tenebrous
11-05-2002, 04:51 PM
The 4-packs sound more like EU/video game tie-ins, which might please some, if they turn out to be more than pre-posed statues.

Everything sounds good...if it ever makes it here. Maybe I'll be lucky and snag a Snowtrooper. :)

The Overlord Returns
11-05-2002, 05:05 PM
What sucks is that the clonetrooper pack will most likely be repainted original saga clonetroopers.

I personally feel the deluxe clonetrooper would be better to use....but that's a long shot.

LTBasker
11-05-2002, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Orange CloneTrooper? I hope that's a mistake and they meant to put Yellow. Since there is no Orange versions as far as I know from the movie or even from pictures of the different Troopers.

If they were planning on releasing a Yellow trooper carded also and didn't want it in there I think they would've put a basic trooper in there instead of an EU color, so no doubt if that's a yellow in there and the people could've just gotten yellow and orange mixed up. If it's true then no doubt it'll be yellow or a basic trooper.

Just one thing gets me wondering, are they gonna do blue correctly without the fin?

Rogue II
11-05-2002, 05:36 PM
Wow, that whole list and only 1 4" line figure that wasn't from ATOC?

Jargo
11-05-2002, 06:04 PM
The Dooku they showed a pic of recently would be this same one listed here then but with an added accessory? I mean the one they showed recently was fairly neutral in pose and I can't see a reason to release a different one just to give it a death star hologram accessory.

Deluxe jango has been listed as a flying jango so it would make sense for him to come with a base of part of the platform.

Lars homestead sounds promising but wouldn't it also provide a way of having Clieggs hover chair float? maybe that's another deluxe-ish screen scene-ish sort of package.

Snowtrooper with cannon? so what's the point of putting the cannon in the imperial forces 4-pack then? Is this some sort of confusion since the 4-pack comes with a rehash stormtrooper? Seems a little odd that's all.

But doesn't it strike anyone as odd that there are so many items being mooted for release? Just seems like an awful lot of product to me. I know there's a whole year to put stuff out in but all the same, I thought non-movie years quietened down a bit. How is a person supposed to 'collect them all' when the turnover is so great? No sooner have you almost done it when there's another shedload of stuff to find. It's great that the line is surviving so well and there's plenty of stuff to collect but I'm sesing a little overkill here. The market will become saturated to the point where it's all basically meaningless. The Batman syndrome. Personally I'd rather have fewer items better produced than millions of items that suffer from hurried production values. maybe that's just me. Don't get me wrong though, I'll buy stuff if it appears to be a nice design or a character I seek, but when it comes down to the seventeenth clonetrooper or yet another re-released vehicle that's only reason for release is to shove a previously released figure in with it and give it a window box I'm going to start wondering about the validity of the whole collection. Especially if these re-releases don't even have a new paint deco. That i could tolerate, it saves me customising if i intended to buy more than one there's variety there. If the ships are just the exact same ship then I'll leave it where it is on the shelf.

Didn't want this to sound like a rant which i don't think it is, I just find myself scratching my head over all this rumor list stuff.

Darth Trymybestus
11-05-2002, 06:27 PM
I think that Darth Tyranus with Geonosian Escape might come with the death star hologram because when we first saw Count Dooku - Dark Lord at a toy fair, it never showed him with the green lightsaber or the Darth Sidious hologram.

Anakin Skywalker Naboo with a base?
Maybe there's a Padme Amidala Wedding with a base, I hope that Anakin comes with a lightsaber :)
Wow, a Wookie Jedi?! This I gotta see :) I'm actually not that skeptical about this list but there is no mention of Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker... I'm scared that it might be an Endor Luke with helmet and poncho permanently attached :confused:
The reason I say that is because on the recent chat.. the person asked for a return of the jedi luke skywalker and they said that a return of the jedi luke will be made.. never mentioned from which part though

Beast
11-05-2002, 06:36 PM
The Anakin may not come with a lightsaber, depends on if they make it totally movie accurate or not. Since he lost his lightsaber on Geonosis, he wouldn't have it for the wedding. Unless he kept the other spare that he used during the battle. Let's hope more that he actually comes with a robe. :)

Don't worry about the Luke: Jedi. I'm still betting that it's going to be a Death Star II version. Since that Vader that is supposed to come out is supposed to be a new version of the removable helmet Vader. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
11-05-2002, 06:36 PM
The Wookiee does sound interesting since I've been wittering on at hasbro for a Wookiee without a bandolier permanently attached. If it turns out to be something completely different to Chewbacca then I think there'll be many many happy collectors. Including me. :) I'm not holding my breath though.

Darth Trymybestus
11-05-2002, 06:45 PM
The Anakin may not come with a lightsaber, depends on if they make it totally movie accurate or not. Since he lost his lightsaber on Geonosis, he wouldn't have it for the wedding. Unless he kept the other spare that he used during the battle. Let's hope more that he actually comes with a robe. :)

Don't worry about the Luke: Jedi. I'm still betting that it's going to be a Death Star II version. Since that Vader that is supposed to come out is supposed to be a new version of the removable helmet Vader. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

forget movie accurate.. give us a metal lightsaber :crazed: :crazed: :) :)
I think we will get a lightsaber and a cloak because hasbro are packing accessories lately!
Hangar Duel wasn't movie accurate either as he lost his lightsaber before the duel :)

Now that you mention it JJB.. people have been crying for Jedi Luke so yeah, I think you're right once again :)
I'm looking forward to the removeable helmet vader, I never got the other removeable helmet one, I got the dagobah vader, emperors wrath, commtech and the bulky potf vader.. oh and new saga bespin vader and I heard good things about the removeable helmet one :)

Beast
11-05-2002, 06:49 PM
The POTF2 Darth Vader w/ Removable Helmet is a good figure, don't get the following comments to make you believe other wise. But he's way to short. Compared to the newer Vader's, like the ones you mentioned, he's truely less then stellar. One in the proper scale with a 2-peice removable helmet is what is needed here. Hopefully that's what we end up getting. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Darth Trymybestus
11-05-2002, 06:54 PM
yeah, I want a Darth Vader to tower over my other figures, Saga Bespin Vader is fantastic, it's definitely the right scale.. I'm hoping the new vader will be similarly sculpted to that, it's the best vader yet.
Wow, I think the 4 jedi figure pack sounds good because there were lots of generic jedi in the arena :) :)

The Overlord Returns
11-05-2002, 07:00 PM
Hmmm......do wookie jedis wear cloaks?

Darth Trymybestus
11-05-2002, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by The Overlord Returns
Hmmm......do wookie jedis wear cloaks?

probably not... Chewie didn't wear a coat when he went out on Hoth, they're probably warm enough :crazed: :crazed: :) :)

The Overlord Returns
11-05-2002, 07:10 PM
It would probably pull on their fur too....

Turbowars
11-05-2002, 07:21 PM
Why a AT-ST driver? Whats the fun in that? It's not like he's intresting. Oh I know, we are going to get a 12" AT-ST! 5 foot tall and about a $1000++ price tag. J/K . The list sounds good, but the rehash speeders got to go!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-05-2002, 07:46 PM
My $0.02:
Flying R2-D2 - He'll probably have his third leg out or something stupid like that, or be a rehash of the EI one. Oh well let's see.
Naboo Anakin with Mechanical Hand and base - I hope this one has a cloak and a removable arm, so it can be switched with HD Anakin's (if the Naboo one if in a neutral pose, so he won't always have to have the fake hand).
Snowtrooper with Cannon - What in the world was wrong with the first one? Oh well, I guess it did have the legs too far apart, and maybe the Snowtrooper has bendable knees this time . . .
Count Dooku with Death Star Hologram - Hopefully this is the one with Force Lightning. If not, then why don't they just wait for Poggle to make a Death Star hologram?
Waitress Droid (with diner floor display base and plates of food) - Sweet! Maybe her wheel rolls . . . but oh no, then she wouldn't be balanced and would be molded to the floor . . . oh dear . . .
Lt. Faytonni (Anthony Daniels) - Now I don't know how they could screw it up. I don't think they should change the head and repaint the hands for Ack-Meq-Bed or whatever the hell his name is, they should just release Ack later on in the year.
Obi-Wan's Speeder with figure - I haven't gotten Anakin's speeder yet, so I might get it if it's different than Coruscant Chase and JSP Obi-Wan.
Zam Wesell's Speeder with figure - Ditto for her. I also haven't gotten preview Zam yet, but I'm not gonna wait forever for her, so if I'll probably pass on this one if it's Bounty Hunter Zam.

Beast
11-05-2002, 07:59 PM
Flying R2-D2 can't be a re-hash of the E1 R2-D2. The booster rockets in E2 were placed on the legs, not on the body. Hopefully it uses the good Astromech body and comes with lollipops that can attach to the booster rockets. Similar to how some of Jango's rockets on his backpack were done. :)

SnowTrooper has been needing a re-sculpt for a while. One with a soft goods waist cape would be nice. They could also make it like the SnowTrooper Officer from the AT-AT, who had a hard shell face shield. Either that or give him a soft goods mask, so that his head can still turn. :)

County Dooku w/ Death Star Hologram. Yes, that is the same figure, most likely. Nice to see them give him somthing that he actually interacted with in the movie. Better then the Holo Sidious that came with the first version. :)

I was thinking for the waitress droid, that they could put a magnet in her wheeled ball at the bottom. And then the base could have a magnet as well, and she could balance that way. If not, they will probably have to give her a clear stand. It is going to be hard otherways for to get her to stand. :)

Looking at the pictures of Lt. Faytonni and Achk Med-Beq, it looks like they are wearing a similar outfit, but Achk Med-Beq seems to be wearing another peice over the top of the pilot uniform. It may be best to release him later on in the year, with a different mold. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Lord Tenebrous
11-05-2002, 08:28 PM
My guess is that that wheel won't move at all, and there'll just be a peg space and lever (in the vein of Palpatine FX). They can't do too much with it, otherwise people will start to wonder why they paid $10 for a Cantina set

Jargo
11-05-2002, 08:31 PM
Considering how unpopular Ahmed Best the person is, perhaps Hasbro aren't too sure about how well he would be recieved as a figure. Whereas there is serious saleability value in releasing a figure of an unmasked Anthony daniels. That is one figure that will be sought after by collectors and hardcore EBAYers for sure. I fully expect it to become HTF and rare withing oooh, at least three days of production. can anyone say artificially hoisted demand possibilities? If I remember correctly we only saw his back in the movie. And they'll make this before any other more interesting nightclub background character I bet. I personally would rather have had Aay Vida the Twi'Lek dancer to be honest. Or the two Rodian femakles with brightly colored clothing and mad ribbons in their head finnials. The Neimoidian spacer would have been cool. Lt. Faytonni really does nothing for me. Incredibly bland and uninteresting visually. I don't care about it being Anthony daniels unmasked. If that mattered why haven't we had a figure of the Imperial officer played by Mr. Boba Fett Jeremy Bulloch? He has just as strong a cult following but you don't get a figure of him unmasked do you? :)

Beast
11-05-2002, 08:45 PM
You see Lt. Faytonni a couple times during the Nightclub Scene. Infact he's standing at the bar and hitting on one of the lovely ladies there when Obi-Wan lops Zam's arm off. And we get a big ole boggle eyed look from him at that.

I wonder if the Lt. Faytonni is from the apperantly cancelled NightClub Aliens 2-Packs. If so, that means that Ahmed Best's charecter could still be made in the future. Since he was rumored to appear in those sets as well. :)

If Lt. Faytonni sells well Jargo, I bet it won't be to much longer before we do get that Imperial Officer produced as a figure. Not that I would be complaining about a figure of Lt. Sheckil. Since we need a decent 4" scale version of a grey(?)* uniformed Imperial Officer. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

* I believe his uniform is grey. I didn't want to have to get up and drag out my LD boxset just to check the color. :)

Darth Trymybestus
11-05-2002, 09:00 PM
You see Lt. Faytonni a couple times during the Nightclub Scene. Infact he's standing at the bar and hitting on one of the lovely ladies there when Obi-Wan lops Zam's arm off. And we get a big ole boggle eyed look from him at that.

I wonder if the Lt. Faytonni is from the apperantly cancelled NightClub Aliens 2-Packs. If so, that means that Ahmed Best's charecter could still be made in the future. Since he was rumored to appear in those sets as well. :)

If Lt. Faytonni sells well Jargo, I bet it won't be to much longer before we do get that Imperial Officer produced as a figure. Not that I would be complaining about a figure of Lt. Sheckil. Since we need a decent 4" scale version of a grey(?)* uniformed Imperial Officer. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

* I believe his uniform is grey. I didn't want to have to get up and drag out my LD boxset just to check the color. :)

what did you think about the the POTJ Imperial Officer Jar Jar? I thought he looked pretty cool but we can always do with more of those big bad imperials :)

Beast
11-05-2002, 09:05 PM
I like the figure, but he's not really an Imperial Officer. He's really just an Imperial TIE Pilot without his helmet and chest armor. All the actual officers in the movies, wear uniforms with seperate tunics. The only people that wear jumpsuits are the support crew that you see running around in ROTJ. The Imperial Scanning crew and AT-ST drivers wear the same jumpsuits, but in different colors. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Darth Trymybestus
11-05-2002, 09:15 PM
speaking of imperial officers, will we get Admiral Ozzel? he is after all... as clumsy as he is stupid :) :D

Beast
11-05-2002, 09:21 PM
Admiral Ozzel has been on the rumored list for a while. The actor that played him even was told that one was in the works. Sadly I think it was a fan, passing on rumors about him getting a figure to the actor. :(

He did do a pretty strong showing in Fan Choice 2, so there is a likely chance he'll be produced in the future. Since they have to atleast do preliminary artwork to decide if a charecter is even feasible before putting them in the poll.

I expect that we will get all of the Fan Choice Poll losers sooner or later. Atleast before the line ends. Hasbro isn't going to let those designs go to waste. We already have gotten Eeth Koth and Teemto Pagalies, who were former losers. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Darth Trymybestus
11-05-2002, 09:28 PM
I like Ozzel.. and of course Captain Needa, we definitely need more imperial officers, they're very cool characters!
I wonder if they would have ozzel in the pose holding his throat like that commtech Imperial Officer (who's name I can't remember for the life of me :))
I like the Eeth Koth figure... there's an Eeth Koth look a likey in attack of the clones isn't there? or is it Eeth Koth?
He does like a kick in the arena and sends a droid flying.
I love the saga line, it's just getting better and better! :)

Beast
11-05-2002, 09:36 PM
The Commtech figure you can't recall is, Admiral Motti. One of the best of the POTF2 figures, atleast in my opinion. I wish they would do a new Grand Moff Tarkin with as much detail. Not to mention all the other officers that need to be made. :)

According to the offical list, that isn't Eeth Koth. So I don't know if he didn't go to Geonosis, or died during the battle. The official Star Wars website lists his name as, Agen Kolar. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Lord Tenebrous
11-05-2002, 09:37 PM
Agen Kolar was the surviving Zabrak on Geonosis. :)

As for Ozzel, it wouldn't really be productive to put him in the same pose as Commtech's Admiral Motti. Sure, they're just a bunch of Space-Brits, but you need some playability. :p

Edit: Time...ain't on my side (no it ain't...).:crazed:

Darth Trymybestus
11-05-2002, 09:42 PM
Oh I think we'll definitely get a new Tarkin, he is after all the number 1 bad *** in a new hope :)
There are so many characters that need resculpts, thankfully hasbro is giving them to us :D
I wonder if we'll get a new hope Obi Wan Kenobi, the POTJ one was fantastic but it was missing a cloak.
Hasbro seems to be doing the definitive versions of the resculpts so far!
How about a new phantom menace obi wan kenobi? ... the headsculpt on the cold weather gear is the best one yet and we've already had a phantom menace qui gon :)

gsr-jedi
11-05-2002, 09:44 PM
Everything on this list sounds so sweet. I'm especially excited about the Snowtrooper, WA-7 (it didn't say the name, but I'm pretty sure that's what it is), Jedi & Clone 4-packs, Lars Homestead Scene Pack, and Lt. Faytonni. Hopefully they'll make not only Ack Med-Beg (spelling?) but also I'd like to see Elan Sleazebaggano with little death sticks and Hermi Odle.

It probably seems like a lot cause it's all coming in at once. We have heard of around 25 basic figures for next year, and I think Tycho said they release about 30 in a non-movie year. We've heard of 8 vehicles, I think, five of which aren't exclusive. 2 waves of Scene Packs. I don't remember how many deluxe figures besides that Jango. I'm sure I'm forgetting some stuff, but that doesn't really sound like too much. Maybe, just maybe (probably not), Hasbro is trying to make sure that people aren't mad when the line ends, that a certain character wasn't made, or that so-and-so didn't get a resculpt. Think about it, last year, they started asking "us" what we want with the Fans Choice Polls, they've done some great re-sculpts of characters who needed it, and have given us great sculpts of new characters. Now if they'd just get rid of most of the gimmicks, get rid of the flimsy plastic guns and accessories, and stop repackaging the same ships with the same figures; but other than that I think the Saga line is great and the more the merrier.

Sorry if I rambled on, it was just something I've been thinking about for a couple days, and this seemed the right time to post it.

Dark Lord Kakorotto
11-05-2002, 10:24 PM
If they make a jedi knight four pack i will soil myself. that would be amazing!

BoShek
11-05-2002, 10:52 PM
12" Collection:
AT-ST Driver?

Like there will be a giant AT-ST for him to drive? What a waste of a figure . . .

Beast
11-05-2002, 10:57 PM
Oh like figures like the AT-AT Driver, TIE Fighter Pilot, X-Wing Pilot versions of Luke, Biggs, and Wedge have anything to drive. Let's not mention the Death Star Gunner that has no Turbolaser Battery, Tarkin with no Death Star, and Jawa with no Sandcrawler. :p :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

bigbarada
11-06-2002, 01:28 AM
Wasn't there some sort of rumor about a 12" scale Ep2 Yoda with a lightsaber for next year, JJB? OR am I thinking of a different list?

Beast
11-06-2002, 01:38 AM
Yeah, that rumor was floating around a while back. And since Yoda sells like hotcakes, I think we can almost gurantee we will see the lil green ninja in the 12" scale again. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

187-Maul
11-06-2002, 09:17 AM
I'm really looking forward to the jedi and clonetrooper 4-pack, I was hoping they would release a blue clonetrooper (since he looks so cool in that colour)
Anakin sounds good too, and I wouldn't mind to see another dooku next to the geonosian escape, cause they could make the one with the deathstar hologram in a straight standing pose, lightsaberhilt attached to belt (of course removable would be best), his cape in no "wind-flying" pose, just hanging down normally and NO gimmick

JEDIpartner
11-06-2002, 12:31 PM
Someone had griped about things being missing from the list...
The list is a RUMOUR list.
The "missing" figures were reported in a previous article.

I really like what's on the list. There is so much potential in the line and they are certainly making the most of it. As far as the Lars Homestead goes, I wonder if it will be the scene where they are all looking at the gravemarkers. That would be a fairly neutral and good scene that could give us Cliegg, Owen, Beru, Padme, Threepio and Anakin...

I guess we'll see!!

JangoFart
11-06-2002, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
As far as the Lars Homestead goes, I wonder if it will be the scene where they are all looking at the gravemarkers. That would be a fairly neutral and good scene that could give us Cliegg, Owen, Beru, Padme, Threepio and Anakin...

I guess we'll see!!

That would look very cool. Also, there's one figure you forgot: Shmi Skywalker - No-so-quick Draw Action :)

J

JEDIpartner
11-06-2002, 01:08 PM
D'oh!!!! :eek:

JEDIpartner
11-06-2002, 01:17 PM
Second thought on a "Shmi feature"

How 'bout a wheel on the back of her head that will make her mouth open and her eyes roll back! :evil:

JangoFart
11-06-2002, 01:21 PM
Hahaha!

I LIKE IT!! (Said in my best "Robocop" bad-guy voice.)

J

SNAYSON
11-06-2002, 02:43 PM
[Hasbro isn't going to let those designs go to waste. We already have gotten Eeth Koth and Teemto Pagalies, who were former losers. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks [/B]

hmm i have to disagree.

i would like to have all possible figures from star wars made but that is what designs are for: to evaluate if it will be fesable & economical to make. i know for a fact first hand cause designs for projects that get nix'ed are written off. there are so many factors that causes a design or a project to get wasted which is a shame; so many good & new potiental ideas and designs to be forever(almost in some cases) banished from being produced.

bummer :cry:

Tycho
11-06-2002, 02:44 PM
No one's mentioned this, but the Wookiee Jedi is a perfect chance to do Lowbacca!

That's right. If he does NOT have a molded bandolier strap across his chest, and his face is significantly different from Chewie's, you could even paint the dark streak of fur he has above his left eye.

Adding on a plant-fiber utility belt and a translater unit would complete the figure.

I bet they're just going to use the head from the Wizards of the Coast Game. Even so that's cool, because I didn't want to buy the game just to get the figure and then have to customize him to erase that bandolier strap.

Use the head, - even use Chewie's arms, but give us a new body!(and a yellow lightsaber!)

Beast
11-06-2002, 02:52 PM
Snayson, your forgetting that this is Hasbro. Just look at all the cancelled figures from the E1 line that have popped back up in following years. Hasbro never throws designs out, they just file them away until a better time to release them. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
11-06-2002, 02:54 PM
The private Universe reckons there's going to be a scout trooper 4-pack also and an Emperor's throne room playset. Plus the republic gunship will be 'maximum fire power' The bounty hunter 4-pack is Bossk, Boba Fett, IG-88 and Aurra Sing. Apparently and allegedly.

A throne room playset would certainly push my buttons I guess. but I would hope it would include the view port and the control consoles as well as the throne. Perhaps asking for a breakaway gantry would be too much like wishful thinking...

Still think there's too much being rumored. You could make a list of probables and post it and it would be no more accurate than these lists already posted. It just doesn't feel - right.....

SNAYSON
11-06-2002, 03:08 PM
Snayson, your forgetting that this is Hasbro. Just look at all the cancelled figures from the E1 line that have popped back up in following years. Hasbro never throws designs out, they just file them away until a better time to release them. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

no disagreements there but all compaines that manufacture anything do not "throw" away designs. i have seen many great designs that are not being made for many of reasons. two good popular reasons are rights from the creator or economical reason. i agree almost 100% at everything you said but i was just shedding some light on cancelled designs. even hasbro has a account reserved to expense cancelled products for any of their toy lines.

but overall, your contribution to the forum is very good and informative. i thank you for all the news/discussions you add making collection star wars interesting.

:D :D

Lord Tenebrous
11-06-2002, 03:37 PM
The Bounty Hunter set seems rather extraneous. We have a great POTF2 Bossk, a great POTJ IG-88, a great POTJ Boba Fett, and then the useless POTJ Aurra.

A set everybody would love is a new Dengar, a re-released Zuckuss, and a re-tooled 4-LOM. If they really need four, they could re-tool Bossk a little.

And I agree, Jargo. It seems now that there's too much speculation on "specialty" sets. What ever happened to the basic line dominating in the off-years?

SNAYSON
11-06-2002, 03:49 PM
dengar really needs to be resculpted!

i would like to see a action pose for bossk zuckuss and 4-lom instead of a neutral pose.

aurra sing.... hmmm, i can live with the POTJ version (for now).

NO MORE BOBA FETT AND IG-88 FIGURES! we need a better dengar figure!:D

Jargo
11-06-2002, 03:58 PM
Well, if it's one way of getting some obscure characters I'm all for that as long as it doesn't become the only way to get them. Most of these speciality sets end up as a store exclusive so that precludes a lot of collectors straight off the bat. Basic carded figures are more widely available so still form the best way of getting the characters you seek. The speciality sets also cost a lot more. If theses kind of sets are going to become more commonplace it'll be damaging to the market and essentially backfire on hasbro since there will be more peg or shelf warmers that people simply can't find or can't afford. I love some of the rumored items by the sounds of them they appear to be mostly good ideas but the validity is very much in question when so many items have joined the rumore list making the upcoming product for 2003 overshadow 2002 in terms of sheer volume.
So far I've seen listings for sixteen vehicles and most of those repackages. sixteen? and that doesn't include the imperial shuttle.So far there's six 4-packs, 3 figure and accessory packs, four screen scene sets, 4 deluxe sets, 1 playset, 23 basic figures.......
And we haven't even got this year over with yet. :confused:

evenflow
11-07-2002, 01:29 PM
The 4-packs and the Lars Homesteadsoun awesome. I hope this stuff turns out to be true.

Rogue II
11-07-2002, 01:46 PM
Just to clairify....

All this stuff is on top of all the other rumored 4-Packs (Imperial/Hoth), Accessory Sets (Gammorean Guard, etc.), figures, and vehicles?

See this thread: http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15398