PDA

View Full Version : I WANT FIGURES And i'm new lol

neonblade
11-05-2002, 04:01 PM
Hey every one,

I'm new and I just wanted to say Hi. There is something I have a problem with. I've been reading forums and news releases and Q's and A's, but... Every one says that they either don't care about having no mini figs or it's because of the " Detail". Look im a young teen and I wanted to admit lol that I still like pulling theses Af out and play with them. yes play with them. When I purchased the solar sailer and the AT-Te I was dissapointed to find the cockpit of the AT-Te to small to hold an old AF fig and the solar sailer to not open at all. Who cares if it has one more laser burnt- I want landing gear and I want figs- Who else is with me?

Neonblade

Jangu Fett
11-05-2002, 06:08 PM
Although, I'm 25. I'm with you. I want mini-figs with my AF. I love going into the back yard, with my son. And play with the AF ships and playsets.

And Welcome;)

neonblade
11-05-2002, 06:15 PM
Thanks jangu fett for being my first reply. I am so glad some one shares my opinion. I bet your kids would rather have two clone troopers then " dirty" Detail- Hasbro come on! Galoob had it under control. If the republic gunship is small and doesn't fit any troops... O Man

lol

thanks
neonblade

Jangu Fett
11-05-2002, 06:37 PM
Heck, right now both Luke, and myself will settle for 1 Clone Trooper. But we both are dying for a mini Jango Fett.

Luke put it perfectly when he first seen the new X-Wing. "It can't fly with no little man. It's not a robot."

Your welcome. And thank you, I was wondering if anyone else shared my passion for the figs.

neonblade
11-05-2002, 07:04 PM
When I saw the minifig-less AF, I wanted to scream. The only size of mini fig that could fit in the AT-TE would be the little little guys from the Ban Dai Af type ship from Final fantasy- Ru fimiliar with that one- I like to collect anything that is mini that could fit with the Af- I bought Matchbox mega rig ( I REALLY REALLY Like) You can take them apart and mix and match and they are to scale with AF- Matchbox mission bravo- Which is military mini- And that Ban Dai ship- Maybe you should check out the mega- rig for your son- There are quit a few up on ebay- just search mega-rig

I like to hear back from you

neonblade

sicqnus
11-06-2002, 03:54 AM
Hi Neonblade,

Welcome aboard.
I agree with you : I want more and more mini-figs !!! I want my figures packs !

The Republic Gunship will surely be a best-seller.

Acclamators in space............................................. ...........................

good shot jansen
11-06-2002, 06:48 AM
when the episode I vehicles were released, i was livid in that they were only including one figure. this most annoys me with the series alpha droid fighter. i've put a regular battle droid into the 2nd cockpit, but it just doesn't look right. i really want a snd proto droid to man the other controls....oh well.

what made the action fleet line so fabulous was not only the ships themselves, but the detail and playabillity of the small figures. my son and i love setting up all the action fleet playsets, and spending hours getting all the little figures into just the right position.

i'm truely hoping that we get a battle pack containing at least 5 (hopefully more) clone troopers. i can't tell you how many battle packs and mini-scenes i've purchaed in the past, just to acquire a decent sized storm trooper brigade, gungan army, and battle droid squads. i would gladly do the same in order to have a sizable clone army.

the cool thing about action fleet, is that they scream to be played with from the moment you see them on the shelf at the toy store. these toys are not meant to be put on shelf to just be looked at. they were designed from the start to be opened, and interact with the entire micro machines line of toys.

hasbro's decision to not include any figures with the new release of the action fleet line, hurts the over-all appeal of the action fleet franchise.

once again, welcome neonblade to the mm section of ssg. it's always a pleasure to welcome new members!

:)

good shot jansen
11-06-2002, 07:09 AM
something just struck me, in the past we have cataloged all the ships and their varients here at ssg, however, i don't think anyone has done a full inventory yet of all the figures.

folks over at the potwhatever sections have been complaining for years that they never get the lesser known figures that they want. i can't think of anyone who has been omitted in the action fleet line. i think they have made a figure in some form or another of every character that has ever graced the star wars screen. i could be wrong.

i'll start to compile a figure inventory list, if anyone has already started one, and it's in easy postable form, please post it, and we'll see if we can put together a full complete list.

sicqnus
11-06-2002, 07:31 AM
Mmmmh there are just one of the Tonnika sisters : Brea Tonnika.
The curious thing is that Hasbro never made 3,3/4" figures of the Tonnika sisters because of a juridic contract problem. The two actresses nevers signed anything concerning toys or other merchandising in 1976. It's very interesting to have this tiny figure who shouldn't exist, even in the Action Fleet line. That's why for the moment it seems we will not see any other figure of a Tonnika sister... (I didn't remember if there are two N in the name...).

Nothing to do with SW but I bought recently the two Heads playsets "Predator" & "Alien". They are part of the MM line but the figures (Dutch & Predator) and (Parker and Dallas with a very cool translucent helmet) are typically Action Fleet figures... They are bigger in size than the figures from the MM blisters.

JediGoofy
11-06-2002, 10:51 AM
Hi gsj,
after the work on the MM and AF vehicles list we did together some time ago, I actually started a MM and AF figures list together with ARTOO.
Unfortunately it is a long time but I still have to finish the first draft (and ARTOO disappeared from the forums). :( Anyway I still have the willingness to complete the work.

In the format I am using the key is the character, and associated to each character there is a list of all his/her different versions included in the figure collections or the playsets.
If you are patient I can send you my draft version when it is ready. :)

Ciao,
JediGoofy

LTBasker
11-06-2002, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by sicqnus
Mmmmh there are just one of the Tonnika sisters : Brea Tonnika.
The curious thing is that Hasbro never made 3,3/4" figures of the Tonnika sisters because of a juridic contract problem. The two actresses nevers signed anything concerning toys or other merchandising in 1976. It's very interesting to have this tiny figure who shouldn't exist, even in the Action Fleet line. That's why for the moment it seems we will not see any other figure of a Tonnika sister... (I didn't remember if there are two N in the name...).

I think the deal with that is that Lucas owns the name and Hasbro just can't do the figures because they would be using their likeness on the figures which the women would need to sign a contract for them to use. However since they were background characters and not main ones they can't really have any say other than that over the characters and since Galoob couldn't put a whole lot of deatil into the face of the Tonnika sister, then since it didn't resemble her there was no trouble. The only way it resembled her was the same skin, hair and outfit colors, but I don't think that is very significant since so many would share that anyways.

neonblade
11-06-2002, 05:46 PM
hey every body-thanks for the replys- No figs is crap- im sry but it is- to many excuses- Tell me if you guys have any matchbox mega-rig and/or mission bravo

Jangu Fett
11-06-2002, 06:20 PM
Has anyone heard if the mini-figs will return for sure? I know Hasbro did say they will offer mini-fig multi packs, but, were they confirmed???:confused:

JediTricks
11-06-2002, 09:13 PM
Welcome aboard neonblade! I have a few Mission Bravo and Mini-Rig sets, but they're currently part of displays. Those were pretty neat lines, I liked the modular design of Mini-Rig.

Originally posted by good shot jansen
something just struck me, in the past we have cataloged all the ships and their varients here at ssg, however, i don't think anyone has done a full inventory yet of all the figures.I did of everything up to wave 1 of Ep 1, and while I've done a rather poor job of getting the pics re-uploaded and updating the list (bandwidth and time constraints), my list is fairly complete except for the battlepack variants (the variants missing figs) which I simply forgot about. On the SSG collectors database, since I haven't gotten those pics up, the MM section is currently not available to the public, but I still have my master file with full details on every MM and AF set which means every figure is included; it's 500k though and I guess property of SSG, but if it's important, I could try to sort it out.

Jedi Idej
11-06-2002, 10:32 PM
I'm one of those who feel the figs are just as important as the vehicles.

Several months ago I did an inventory of the figures. How many there are depends on what criteria is used. For example, a few of the X-wing wing pilots have the same color scheme and pose but are comprised of different parts. I believe I have one that uses the legs from one set and torso of the other. One C-3PO body has a variation on the ribbing on his back. Some of the figures come with and without a number at the base. Offhand, there are about 195+ figures, not including the duplicates that differ only by the number/no number at the base.

Has anyone else stripped the paint off the little people? The detail is phenomenal. The contrast is is more remarkable with the Galoob toys since those could have 3-4 layers of paint masking the work beneath.

vulcantouch
11-07-2002, 11:42 PM
may i suggest either emailing him or posting here (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=10363) to get his attention ;)

JediGoofy
11-08-2002, 07:26 AM
Here you can find the first draft version of the MM figures list I am writing. :)

First of all I have to apologize for the awful format of this list, but this is due to the limitation of the "txt" extension allowed as an attachment in a post. I can e-mail a word file to anybody who is interested. :D

As you can see in the attachment, the key is the character, and for each character there is a list of all the different versions you can find in the various figure collections, playsets, etc. The goal is to list all the different versions for each character just once (i.e. if the same version of a character is present in two different playsets, I would like to count it just once).

Besides the correction of my mistakes ;) , there is still a lot of work to do (any help is appreciated):
* consider the MM figures included in the Mini Transforming Heads
* consider the MM figures included in the Retailers Specials (e.g. Rebel vs. Imperial Forces Gift Set)
* consider the MM figures included in the Figure Collections (there are generally 4 different poses in each Figure Collection, a part from Ewoks, who have different paint jobs, Classic Characters and Bounty Hunters)

Moreover the current list includes only OT characters, and it should be extended in order to include also Epic Collections, Shadows of the Empire, and Episode I. :stupid:

This work is based largely on the excellent (even if now defunct) Han Solo web site (does anybody know where Han Solo from the old Galoob buzzboard is?), and on a list provided by ARTOO (now hodude). :Pirate:

Any comment and suggestion is really appreciated. Do you think an organization based on the character like mine could be useful? Or is it better to simply list the figures available in each Playset/Collection? :confused:

Ciao,
JediGoofy

P.S. By the way, I am also working on a similar list for AF figures. :dead:

neonblade
11-09-2002, 09:21 AM
good god- how could you scrape the paint off of a mini fig- i would go insane

haggie
11-10-2002, 07:12 PM
I started to do a list for starwarsactionfleet.com but I never completed it. I had it set-up to cross-reference the figs with the AF they came with. I eventually stopped because I just didn't want to have to scan or photgraph all the figures and document everything about them (including variations). I already had too much work to do on the rest of the site so this went on the backburner. Maybe I'll go back and finish the figures section one day and put it up on the site. This may not be the most useful of things but here is the list of figure names from my incomplete figure database for the site:

Admiral Ackbar
Biggs Darklighter
C-3PO
Chewbacca
Darth Vader
Gamorrean Guard
Grand Moff Tarkin
Guri
Han Solo
Imperial Driver
Imperial Pilot
Imperial Naval Trooper
Imperial Officer
Jawa
Jek Porkins
Luke Skywalker
Mon Mothma
Prince Xizor
Princess Leia Organa
R2-D1
R2 Unit
Rebel Gunner
Rebel Pilot
Rebel Trooper
Sandtrooper
Scavenger Droid
Snowtrooper
Wedge Antilles

Jedi Idej
11-10-2002, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by neonblade
good god- how could you scrape the paint off of a mini fig- i would go insane

Not sure if this was in reference to my post Regardless...

The torso/head is typically made of a harder plastic than the arms and feet. Soak these in paint thinner and most of the paint can be scrubbed off with a toothbrush. Do repeated soaking and scrubbing. There'll be traces of paint left in crevices.

The softer plastic... sol. The best I've done was scrape a little bit off the non-detailed portions of a skirt or robe.

Yeah, you're right. Whether it was the work involved or the fumes from the paint thinner, I did get a little loopy. :D

I found my AF figure list. It was part of a larger project I was working off-and-on -- mostly off -- for a few years. Since it's been months since I wrote the list, I've forgotten the meaning to about a third of the notations. Once I decipher my short hand, I'll post it for the collective.