PDA

View Full Version : Spider Man cartoon.....

Jedi Master Silas
11-06-2002, 04:49 AM
Does anyone know when MTV will start airing the new Spider Man cartoons??? I did a search at MTV.com and couldnt find anything.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-06-2002, 08:44 AM
um, MTV is going to have new Spider-Man cartoons????!?! This is news to me. I'll try to find something. :D

James Boba Fettfield
11-06-2002, 09:12 AM
It's supposed to have music artists doing voices. Like Rob Zombie is doing the Lizard's voice.

Exhaust Port
11-06-2002, 09:19 AM
Sure, why would a cartoon channel show them when a music channel could?

Jedi Master Silas
11-06-2002, 03:48 PM
I dont care who carries it as long as it's not corny.

James Boba Fettfield
11-06-2002, 03:55 PM
I heard Neal(Neil however he spells it) Patrick Harris is supposed to voice Spider-Man. And Eve is supposed to voice someone on the show, but I can't remember who it is. Rob Zombie as the Lizard, I just don't see it.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-06-2002, 05:18 PM
Eh, I miss the old Spider-Man cartoon on FOX. That was so awesome!!! Christopher Daniel Barnes (Greg Brady in the Brady Bunch movies) he was a great Peter Parker. I don't know if it could top that; and the action figure line was amazing as well. Oh, sweet sweet childhood!!! Every saturday at 10 i believe!! (tear) :D

Dar' Argol
11-06-2002, 05:35 PM
Nah, I still like the old Live action show from the late 70's - early 80's. THAT was the show of all shows;) :D

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-06-2002, 06:39 PM
As in the live action show, you mean that ran from like 79-81 and that was ungodly awful?!?!?!?!? hahahhahahaha that show was so bad!!! :D

Lord Malakite
11-06-2002, 08:43 PM
How about the Japanese Spider Man show. In Japan he was like a Power Ranger. Each week a monster would come from space to destroy the world. He would then destroy it, only to have it grow. Then he would have to get in his giant Spider Zord to destroy it again. Talk about horrible.

James Boba Fettfield
11-06-2002, 09:10 PM
Hey LM, that looks like that Halloween costume you love so much. You know the one.

Jedi Master Silas
11-06-2002, 10:01 PM
JBF where do you get your info???? Do you know when it will air??? Are any of the first episodes done??

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
11-06-2002, 10:20 PM
I forget which channel it is, but for the last couple of weeks I've been seeing the Spider-Man, Ice Man, and Firestar cartoons from the mid 1980's. I fondly recall watching that series as a little boy. Just can't see why Marvel decided to throw them three heroes together?

Dar' Argol
11-06-2002, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute
As in the live action show, you mean that ran from like 79-81 and that was ungodly awful?!?!?!?!? hahahhahahaha that show was so bad!!! :D

Yeah, but as a kid of about 3-5 then, it was the best thing since Saturday Morning Cartoons!:D

[/i]Originally posted by Lowly Bantha Cleaner[/i]
I forget which channel it is, but for the last couple of weeks I've been seeing the Spider-Man, Ice Man, and Firestar cartoons from the mid 1980's. I fondly recall watching that series as a little boy. Just can't see why Marvel decided to throw them three heroes together?

Probably the Cartoon Network during their Bommerang section during the day. I know i saw a OLD batman cartoon from the 60's that was a lot of "Menwhile, Back at Wayne manor" and "Elsewhere at this time", and "While over at . . . . ". That's all it did througth the whole show:rolleyes:. And why they did that . . . . . . . . . . They needed a new cartoon and thought it would be a good idea:confused: :confused: :confused:. Who knows.

Lord Malakite
11-06-2002, 11:36 PM
The old cartoons are on ABC Family.

James Boba Fettfield
11-07-2002, 10:56 AM
I first read about it on a message board for Spider-Man. Then I tried looking on google for it, and a site called the toonzone has a bunch of stuff on it.

EDIT: It wasn't the toonzone site, it was comics2film site. Here is a page with some stuff on it... http://www.comics2film.com/ProjectFrame.php?f_id=72

James Boba Fettfield
11-08-2002, 02:44 PM
http://www.comics2film.com/StoryFrame.php?f_id=2070

They've got screen captures of the new show there.

Lord Malakite
11-08-2002, 03:20 PM
Interesting photos. Now what is the cartoon based on? Using X-Men as an example, is it based on the comics, like the early 90's X-Men cartoon was, or the movie, like X-Men Evolution is?

JediTricks
11-08-2002, 09:22 PM
Xmen Evolution is really not based on the movie almost at all.

I'll watch this CG Spidey show as long as it's better than Spider-Man Unlimited from '99, why didn't they just call it "Spiderman Beyond" and get it over with? ;)

Lord Malakite
11-09-2002, 05:19 AM
Originally posted by JediTricks
Xmen Evolution is really not based on the movie almost at all.
You know what I mean. It focuses on the school more, Rogue is a teenager who recently joined the school, etc. It is based on elements from the movie more so than it is on the comics.

smurfvader
11-27-2002, 03:27 PM
This has been in the news since the movie came out. It was supposed to air this year, but got pushed back until next year. If I remember correctly Lisa Loeb is suppposed to to the voice of M.J. and that it is based loosely on the movie.

JIm