PDA

View Full Version : Sam Goody Give-a-way

Lyet
11-06-2002, 11:01 AM
Sam Goody (and Suncoast I assume) will be giving away Clonetropper Keychains with reserved copies of Episode II. We received the shipment in yesterday, and they keychains are sweet looking. I highly recommend picking it up.

Jedi Clint
11-06-2002, 11:36 AM
Are there pictures of the clonetrooper keychains available?

Lyet
11-06-2002, 11:42 AM
I wish I had a picture. Hehe, I can't bring it home until the 12th to scan off :(

Jedi Clint
11-06-2002, 11:48 AM
Maybe a quick digicam shot ;) I am trying to find a nice give away to go with my purchase of the DVD. It may come down to which place has it cheaper depending upon the give away. Thanks for the heads up.

Beast
11-06-2002, 12:24 PM
You don't get the keychain unless you pre-order the DVD, so if you want one, you best rush out to your local Sam Goody, On Cue, Suncoast, or Media Play and plunk down the pre-order. I have a picture of it here somewhere, lemme dig it up. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
11-06-2002, 01:00 PM
Finally was able to dig up a couple decent pictures. The keychain can be bought seperatly, so it's not exclusive to the stores. It retails for around $8.00-$9.00, so it's a pretty nice freeby for paying a bit more for your DVD. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
11-06-2002, 01:02 PM
Here's another angle, more forward facing then the other one. Like I said above, a pretty nice promo for having to pay a bit more then at other stores for your DVD. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jedi Clint
11-06-2002, 01:12 PM
Thank you Binks. :) I do kinda dig the keychain. I guess I'll have to make up my mind soon.

Deoxyribonucleic
11-06-2002, 01:28 PM
That is a pretty cool looking keychain there!

JEDIpartner
11-06-2002, 02:00 PM
Gee... I wonder if I'll get four of them... I ordered 4 DVDs for gifts!!!! :crazed:

Beast
11-06-2002, 02:04 PM
You should, JEDIpartnr. This is a hell of alot better then some of their last giveaways. Their golden snitch with purchase of Harry Potter was a friggen joke. It was huge, like tennis ball size. It was meant to be placed on your car antenna. Mine ended up being given to the cats as a play toy. Lame arse thing. :p :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediTricks
11-06-2002, 08:34 PM
Ep 1 VHS preorder from Suncoast came with a nifty Ep 1 Obi-Wan lightsaber hilt keychain, it's really cool, I've got one around here somewhere. I think these continue the rawcliffe series started with the Death Star, Vader's helmet, Fett's helmet, and... the Falcon? sold at TRU back in '98 or so. Anyway, not a shabby giveaway and it's cool to stay in that general theme, but I'll pass.

Lyet
11-07-2002, 08:10 AM
We only received 20 keychains in, so pick up your reservations early. I think that 20 should be standard to all the stores, Sam Goody at least.

JEDIpartner
11-08-2002, 03:37 PM
I ordered mine from Suncoast...! :eek:

Beast
11-08-2002, 03:43 PM
I'm considering cancelling my Media Play order right now. Since TRU is going to have it for $9.99, and I can use their ad to price match at Best Buy, Wal-Mart, Target, etc. I'd rather pay $9.99 and skip the cheesy keychain, then $19.99. :)

I think everyone I know is gonna get a copy of AOTC's as a Christmas gift this year, at that crazy price. Even my Dad that could couldn't give a crap about Star Wars. Of course the limit one means I'll have to hit multiple stores, but I don't mind. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jedi Clint
11-08-2002, 04:02 PM
I'll skip the give away in place of a 10 dollar discount.

Mandalorian Candidat
11-12-2002, 03:11 PM
The keychain looks so cheap that I wouldn't expect it to last that long. Better to find a clearanced clone trooper preview figure, chop off his head and drill a hole into it to make your own.

I'm taking the $10 price instead.

2-1B
11-13-2002, 03:45 AM
I got 2 of those Saber keychains last year, and one of them is still on my keyring today. :D
I got two of these Cloney keychains today since I bought VHS and DVD . . . and I managed to loose one of them already ! :crazed:
Yeah, it's cheapo but it's a neat trinket to throw in with my other lightsaber and Watto keychains.

I think what's coolest about these is the fact they are packed a one of those little drawstring bags . . . you know, the kind in which you might find a bottle of Crown Royal. ;)

Oh, and what's this ?
In my shopping bag the clerk inserted a few flyers, and when I glanced over them later I noticed they are giving out some CD-ROM of a $10 value ( :rolleyes: ) . . . some sort of AOTC art disc.
Anyway, I don't have the ad handy but did anyone else get this ?
It said you get one free with any Star Wars DVD, VHS, or video game . . . should I go back and demand both of my copies? :D

Lyet
11-13-2002, 06:14 AM
Yeah, we received a box of them at work too. I haven't had a chance to play around with it though. I think it is a backup giveaway after the keychains run out.

JEDIpartner
11-13-2002, 07:33 AM
My Suncoast had NONE of the give-away items! :frus:

That's okay... I got a gift card in exchange. I was satisfied.