PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning carded figs

SalaciousEd
11-06-2002, 10:52 PM
I started collecting again when SW figs resurfaced in 1995. To rid carded figs of dust or fingerprinted bubbles I wiped them with a small amount of windex sprayed onto a paper towel not directly on to the fig before displaying them or putting them in star cases. Can this damage the card or bubble in the long run? All my red carded figs look fresh from the case like I bought em yesterday and appear unharmed. Just wondering. Happy hunting.

Emperor Howdy
11-07-2002, 12:39 AM
Unfortunately, the Windex does a great job at first, then acts like a bleachy acid a few months after application. I am sorry to say, but any day now your entire collection will discolor, shrivel, and turn into contorted balls of plastic goop. Good luck.

SalaciousEd
11-07-2002, 06:48 PM
Great answer. Just as worthless as all your other posts. Do us all a favor and get a job.

Nexu
11-07-2002, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by SalaciousEd
Great answer. Just as worthless as all your other posts. Do us all a favor and get a job.

Hahahahah, that was nice. Funniest post in a while, thanks for the laugh Salacious. :D

Emperor Howdy
11-08-2002, 01:20 AM
Indeed, Edward, thanks for the laugh! :D

"Get a job"......classic!

Next time try "Beam me up, Scotty!".......or "Gag me with a spoon!"

Better yet, loosen the tape from around your glasses and chill. :rolleyes:

Have a nice day. :)

187-Maul
11-08-2002, 07:33 AM
hold up, what's with temper?
you know guys often make jokes here, and Emp Howdy is just one of those guys who like to joke sometimes, you shouldn't immediently tell him to "get a job", for a newbie it looks as if you are rather prejudiced against some people, just relax a bit and take it easy, ok?

BTW, to the question, I have no idea, sorry, maybe JJB knows?

Lewis
11-08-2002, 08:41 AM
Yeah!!! Humour is nice to see,Relax SalaciousEd,cos you will be gunned down by JJB,EJ etc in no time and end up sulking, The hutts are watching you...:p

Lewis
11-08-2002, 08:45 AM
Well i have used polish on my figures and used a soft clothe,at the mo they too look mint but time will tell i suppose,that was 3 yrs ago and no probs yet......:p

BanthaPoodoo
11-08-2002, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by Emperor Howdy
Unfortunately, the Windex does a great job at first, then acts like a bleachy acid a few months after application

Actually, he's right. After cleaning the waxy coating for a while it starts eating it away. Then it makes the cardboard backer soggy & wet & ruined.

SirSteve
11-08-2002, 09:48 AM
Goo-Gone or Un-Du works great.

Patient Zero
11-08-2002, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by SalaciousEd

*Edit*
*Edit*
*Edit*
*Edit*
*Edit*
*Edit**Edit*
*Edit*
*Edit*
*Edit**Edit*
*Edit*

I can't think of anything funnier, than the original statement, to say as a come back. I'm such a failure!

Anywho, I do have some carded figs that I have out in the open and I just use a duster on them once a week. They have been there for over a year without any visable problems.

Darth Vellner
11-08-2002, 12:05 PM
I use good ol' poop-N-tine once a week! works good but smells funny...Its a small price to pay!.............................................. .................................................. .........i use water and a paper towel:)>

SalaciousEd
11-08-2002, 12:51 PM
Geeeez!! Wheres the love? I wasn't lookin fa no trouble. I was just lookin for answers. I'm a long time reader, just don't post much. I gave my carded figs a good wipin once then put them in ziplocs or star cases. Its not ongoing to eventually foul up the cards. Yes, I too have used googone on price tags and that works well. As far as poop-n-tine goes, I don't know where to go with that.

187-Maul
11-08-2002, 01:48 PM
ok, sorry I called you "newbie", I looked on your registered date and thought I read, oct 2002, not 2001
sorry for that again