PDA

View Full Version : Will FX-7 disappoint? Lok at the new pictures on sirsteve!

Princess_Leila
11-01-2001, 01:30 PM
Hmmm...

Is it just me, or has FX-7 lost the metallic effect of the prototype? It seems to me that he is now quite flat. Like really flat. No shine for this boy! Again, it COULD just be the bubble effect, but I feel like they compromised on the final toy. The prototype was WAY too impressive.

Hopefully, it's just an optical effect. If it still has the "shine", then it may very well be number one in my book. Let's just hope for the best.

Can't wait to get these guys! And it may be soon here in Canada! It now seems that we get the stuff as early as most americans! Yippee!

JEDIpartner
11-01-2001, 03:06 PM
It may be a combination of low light or the angle the unit was photographed. I think that FX-7 will probably have the same lustre as the vintage model... but with MUCH nicer detailing.

I'm just waiting for this whole wave... these ROCK THE HIZZY!

Mandalorian Candidat
11-01-2001, 04:07 PM
I'll take better detail over 'shine' any day. But there's really nothing to worry about here. The OG figure really didn't have that much luster, just gray paint with the same amount of shine that we have from the POTJ or POTF lines.

evenflow
11-01-2001, 08:29 PM
I think it is going to be a great figure. It is going to look great next to Luke w/ Bacta Tank.

Starfig873
11-01-2001, 09:39 PM
I suggest getting this figure mighty quick when it comes out. Just look at all those arms! Just one FX-7 could take out the eyes of an entire kindergarten class! For shame Hasbro, for shame.

:D :D :D

LTBasker
11-01-2001, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by Starfig873
Just one FX-7 could take out the eyes of an entire kindergarten class!

"Nyuk nyuk nyuk!" :D

GNT
11-02-2001, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by Starfig873
I suggest getting this figure mighty quick when it comes out. Just look at all those arms! Just one FX-7 could take out the eyes of an entire kindergarten class! For shame Hasbro, for shame.

:D :D :D

Funniest thing I've heard all day :) Fx is one of my favourite characters so I'll be buying it with or without the shine :)

JediCole
11-02-2001, 08:49 AM
Shine or no, I am impressed with this figure's SIZE! It is far more substantial than I was anticipating. Not to mention that multitude of arms! The detailing is incredible. I've been wanting a new version of FX-7 for quite some time and this is well worth the wait!

Princess_Leila
11-02-2001, 02:19 PM
I just saw the pics on a competing site, and it really looks as though the shine was left off the final version. It's still a great figure, but the plastic just looks cheap and not metallic to me. Well, it couldn't have been THAT great, no?

Jayspawn
11-02-2001, 11:40 PM
I agree with evenflow. It's going to be an awesome figure anyway. He'll look great with Luke Bacta Tank and 2-1B.