PDA

View Full Version : Maroon Cobra Commander

Jedi Master Silas
11-07-2002, 12:03 AM
Heres the Repaint of Cobra Commander I was talking about awhile back. I finally found the pic again. Has anyone seen it in stores?? If so was it the old school style with the rubberband or the other crappy style?

Wolfwood319
11-07-2002, 12:06 AM
No I haven't seen that repaint, but I have seen the Snake Eyes vs. Cobra Commander. The sculpts seem a bit different (better) and they have interactive weapons, or something.

I still haven't picked up any of the new GI Joes. I just don't like the sculpts that much. If they were a bit bigger with better sculpts, I'd be all over them.

Jedi Master Silas
11-07-2002, 12:11 AM
Yeah I've got both of the Snake Eyes VS. CC versions. I like the newer sculpts with the bands, like the old days, I dont like the bulky type figs w/o the bands. I like the sculpts..they have come out with some VERY good ones in the most recent wave...give em' a try! Maybe you'll like them once you open them :)

QLD
11-07-2002, 02:50 PM
They started making them with rubber bands again? Neat! I wonder of the cod pieces will break off as easily on these! :D

Jedi Master Silas
11-07-2002, 06:43 PM
They havent broke yet for me QLD. You havent seen any of the new figures with the bands??? Check them out!

QLD
11-07-2002, 07:42 PM
Are they planning on doing a new cartoon like He-Man? It would be cool!

Jedi Master Silas
11-07-2002, 07:55 PM
I've heard rumors but I havent heard anything I'd bet the farm on yet.

Dar' Argol
11-08-2002, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by Jedi Master Silas
Heres the Repaint of Cobra Commander I was talking about awhile back. I finally found the pic again. Has anyone seen it in stores?? If so was it the old school style with the rubberband or the other crappy style?

This was a paint varation on the forst wave. They did a repaint to all of the figs in the first line. It is the same fig as the Blue Cobra Commander.

On the rubber band issue, I have the Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow pack. They both have rubber bands in them, but they also have a square block on each side, below their waist where the torso meets the lower half, that prevents them from twisting from side to side. I think if you take them apart, you can sand down those blocks, but getting the rubber band back on is a pain.

Jedi Master Silas
11-09-2002, 06:55 PM
I never saw it in the store DA...I didnt know it was part of the first wave. Square block? Hummm I dont know what you mean by square block and rubber band. The first ones the came out with that had the solid pelvic area was the first then they brought back the old school style pelvic sculpt with the rubber bands. Are yo saying that if I take apart my square block crappy versions then i will find a rubber band in there??? I want to understand what you are saying :)

Dar' Argol
11-09-2002, 08:52 PM
No, what I mean is that I picked up the first wave Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow. If you pull their waist slightly, you will see a rubber band in there. But the reason they cannot turn at the waist is because of these 2 little blocks on the left and right side. Hmmmm. let me go take a picture to better show you

Dar' Argol
11-09-2002, 10:08 PM
Ok, this first pic is a side shot to shoe the "Block" that they used. There is an indent in the waist for this to go in, thus preventing the side to side moving.

Dar' Argol
11-09-2002, 10:09 PM
This pic is a front shot showing that he does indeed have a rubber band center to him.

JediTricks
11-10-2002, 09:36 PM
Seen a bunch of this Maroon CC figure yesterday at Kmart, both in the regular 2pack and in a special clamshelled version of the same 2pack that had a bonus figure.

Jedi Master Silas
11-11-2002, 05:08 PM
JT did the maroon CC have a band or was it non band?

El Chuxter
11-11-2002, 05:43 PM
"Maroon" CC (I think of him more as red than maroon) doesn't have an o-ring. He's a 1st wave repaint that came out around the same time as the second wave (the bad repaints of early 90s figures like Headman and Slice) and were somewhat difficult to find at first. I've noticed some of them--particularly Duke vs CC and Heavy Duty vs C.L.A.W.S. showing up again in larger numbers.

If you're lucky, you can find the Duke vs CC in a three-pack at K-Mart with an Alley Viper (the only army builder I've seen as the freebie). I think the black & red CC looks better than the first blue one, but the Duke is a lame figure either way. Of course, isn't Duke just lame all around? Or should I not open that can of worms. . . ? :D

Jedi Master Silas
11-11-2002, 07:24 PM
Ty Chuxter for clearing up the bondy style issue...I doubt I'll hunt as hard for it now because it doesnt hand the band body style

Jedi Master Silas
11-12-2002, 06:51 PM
Oh ok DA I see what you mean..ty for the scan.