Take a peek........

http://books.dreambook.com/tpu/probenews.html

You may have to scroll down a bit.

Cheers

BC3

LTBasker
11-07-2002, 06:06 PM
Poodoo.

Gian Speeder should be in a Theed Retake Battle Pack with Battle Droids and Naboo Soliders.
Cloud Car could've been a good Bespin Battle Pack..
Skiff & Jabba - WTF. Jabba'll look weird trying to pilot that Skiff. :p

SirSteve
11-07-2002, 06:10 PM
Rehashed... sigh...

Jangu Fett
11-07-2002, 06:28 PM
Technically speaking, those aren't new. But if thats a sign of things to come, meaning the return of mini-figs. This is GREAT.:D :D :D

The way you stated this topic I thought there were pics of the Gunship and such. Oh well. Thanks for the news B3.

JediTricks
11-07-2002, 09:00 PM
I'm not 100% confident in these pics, all 3 are non-repaints of older AF product wherease all the previous rehash pics we've seen and bought so far have been noticably repainted. The paint app details on the Gian speeder are very specific and appear identical, even Battle Pack Jabba's tongue remains unpainted. I don't know for sure, but it seems like someone is pulling the wool over TPU's eyes on these 3.

SWAFMAN
11-07-2002, 09:30 PM
JT - I thought the same as you when I looked at the pics. That AF logo on the stand in one of the pics is the old logo.

RobertDD
11-07-2002, 09:53 PM
I would not trust this too much eigther. The new releases had the missile features removed, I find it hard to beleive they would leave 'em on the gian speeder.

Jangu Fett
11-07-2002, 10:00 PM
Well, when Hasbro took away the mini-figs they said the money saved from them would go into detailing the ships. Great job on that Solar Sailer.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: . Maybe, just maybe this "new sets" are new, and seeing as they have figs Hasbro is saving money removing the details?

Although:confused: , I have my doubts. We have all seen a list of the NEW confirmed 2003 AF. These 3 "new" sets are not listed with them. We can only hope these sets are really new sets.

Jangu Fett
11-07-2002, 10:17 PM
I don't know, about the AF logo on that stand. Looking at one of the recent released AF BP, the only difference between the stands is the color of paint used. This "new" set looks silver. The redone sets used gold. The logo on the redone stands are the same logo used on the old Galoob BP. I think Hasbro put that new AF logo on the larger stands, because they redone those to account for the missing figs. They didn't have to redesign the stands for the BP, seeing as the stand were never made to hold the mini-figs.

LTBasker
11-07-2002, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by Jangu Fett

Although:confused: , I have my doubts. We have all seen a list of the NEW confirmed 2003 AF. These 3 "new" sets are not listed with them. We can only hope these sets are really new sets.

The Gian speeder and Cloud Car were listed on a list released recently but the Jabba w/ Skiff Battle pack set is new info.

SWAFMAN
11-09-2002, 01:39 AM
My comment on the stand was based on the letter "N" of the word "ACTION" appearing to be upper-case in that picture, vs. the same letter being lower-case on the new stands for the full-sized AFs (I use the term loosely) ((the term action AND full-sized)).

However, after you posted Jangu, I noticed that the smaller version stand in the saga PB with the escape pod still has the old upper-case "ACTION"logo, so I was wrong to base my opinion of the veracity of private universe's picture on the stand's logo.

You made the correct point in your post.

The Private Universe
11-09-2002, 08:35 AM
It's funny how sceptical people are about my recent scoop news posts... anyone would think I was Rebelscum or something :)

My contact ScoopTrooper is very well connected and because of that he obtains images early... perhaps there will be some changes before they go into production, who knows...

I always send my scoops etc onto other news sites, with some exclusions due to their unpro attitude, but Sir Steve is on my list of contacts, as he has been very friendly and very pro with how he handles the news.

I must say they are disappointing vehicles though...

Pete

jeddah
11-09-2002, 04:30 PM
The Gian has a full cockpit though, and if my notoriously inadequate memory serves me, the Theed Sneaview set with Popeye Speeder didn't have a full cockpit screen.

It's still all pants though.

:)

jeddah