PDA

View Full Version : Padme Coruscant Attack MiniReview

Jayspawn
11-08-2002, 01:03 AM
I've been looking forward to this figure, mainly because I've really wanted a new Natalie figure. *ahem* Padme figure. Anyways...

Padme Amidala, Coruscant Attack

- Likeness: Very close. We're getting closer to Natalie Portman but not yet. I thought the Episode I figures looked closer to Natalie. I think this particular figure kinda resembles Leelee Sobieski. 3.5/5.

- Sculpt/ Detail: Impressive. It has all the folds in the vest right down to the boots. The figure itself has Padme's petite figure. On a side note, Padme's hair is sculpted wrong. In the movie she had several braids instead of 1 braid like the toy has. But I suppose it would have been harder for the figure to wear the helmet, HA- we'll get to taht later. 5/5.

- Articulation: They have 12 points articulation packed into the petite Padme figure. WOW! Neck, waist, shoulders, elbows, legs, knees and the top of the boots. What can I say? Thats a lot! 5/5.

- Accessories: He has 3. A blaster, a pilot helmet, and a radar setup. First, the blaster. Basic, she holds it well. There's a small hole on her belt so the blaster can attach. But the hole is too small and not deep enough so it doesn't attach. The helmet is cool but doesn't fit her. It's made of a hard plastic and won't fit to her head. Its as hard as a rock! The radar setup is pretty cool. It's five pieces and easy to assemble. And when you push a lever down it falls apart (or 'blows up'). A bunch would be good for scene building. Tey accessories are cool but since the helmet doesn't fit and the blaster doesn't attach, 3/5.

- Playability: The figure seems fragile because of Padme's petite size. But its playable and (even though I don't have one) should fit into the Naboo Starfighter vehicle with some ease (now I wish I bough it when I had the chance!). The figure has a quick draw action that works pretty good and doesn't make the figure look stupid. 4/5.

- Value: I bought the new Natalie figure for $4.99 at K-Mart. It's worth the price because its a whole lot better figure than the first Padme figure we got. And because its just a neat figure. 4/5.

OVERALL: I'm happy with the new Padme figure because I was dissapointed with the last one. And because she's in a new outfit. Padme's one of the few Star Wars characters we don't get enough of. Mainly because there are SO MANY more outfits from Episode I and II that havn't been made. And because Natalie is hot!*ahem* 3.5/5.