PDA

View Full Version : Questions for those who use PayPal.

Patient Zero
11-08-2002, 01:01 PM
I am considering signing up with PayPal for ebay transaction and what to know others experiences with it. I have read all of the pages and there seems to be no fees for the service of buying or any membership dues. Please inform.

robman71
11-08-2002, 01:25 PM
I've used it several times to complete ebay transactions. I have never had to pay a fee for any transaction with the basic service. However there is usually a spending limit set for those who do not use the premium service. ($1,000 I think). Hope that this helps.

QLD
11-08-2002, 01:43 PM
I think PAYPAL is a wonderful service.

And there is a cap on the amount of money you can send, receive, monthly. If you only use it occassinally, stick with the free membership. But if you use it frequently, you will have to get a business membership, where they take a small percentage of your earnings, and you can send as much as you want.

JediTricks
11-08-2002, 10:15 PM
I am satisfied currently with the product. I don't like that they now charge to receive money and I hate that Ebay bought 'em, but other than that, I haven't had any problems. I will suggest to sellers that you consider just how easy it is for buyers to reverse transactions though.

Oh, and pardon the move, I figured this would work better in Gen Disc since it's an actual topic. :)

Exhaust Port
11-09-2002, 10:45 PM
I signed up with Paypal a few years ago when they were running a deal trying to get new subscribers ($5 free on your first purchase I think). I've only begun to use it recently and absolutely love it. It's extremely quick and eliminates the hassle of mailing payment. I made my first international purchase a few weeks ago and Paypal worked like a dream. Thanks to the instantaneous payment my shipment was on the boat the next day.

rynobot
11-09-2002, 11:37 PM
I love it cause you can save money using it, not having to pay for postage or a money order.