PDA

View Full Version : George W. Bush: Selected Quotes

The Overlord Returns
11-08-2002, 01:02 PM
Admittedly, I nearly laughed my balzac off when I read this:

http://www.angelfire.com/mo3/gernot0/PAGES/quotes1.html

QLD
11-08-2002, 01:46 PM
Pretty funny stuff. Just about every president is full of great quotes.

The Overlord Returns
11-08-2002, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Quite-Long Dong
Pretty funny stuff. Just about every president is full of great quotes.

I'd be surprised if any president before him had this kind of volume....

...however ....my personal favorite is actually the first quote by the congressman.

Lord Tenebrous
11-08-2002, 02:55 PM
I'm not one to support evidence on a public-entry site, like angelfire or geocities. Not that it matters, because there are some things said by Bush that are false as well. But if these statements are true, then I'm mailing Bush a copy of logical fallacies. For example:

"The reason we start a war is to fight a war, win a war, thereby causing no more war"

Dicto simpliciter, the sweeping generalization. Fighting and winning a war can cause more war. Even if you were to centralize the event (adding "in Iraq") would still allow for the prospect of war.

And this one:

"If this were a dictatorship, it would be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator"

Cum hoc ergo propter hoc, thinking that because two things occur simultaneously, one must be a cause of the other. If a dictatorship was easier, it wouldn't be because Bush was the dictator. Bush as a dictator and a dictatorship being easier are two events are two nonrelated events.

I'd call Bush an idiot, but I would be guilty of argumentum ad hominem. ;)

Beast
11-08-2002, 03:05 PM
Here's a much better, and much more legit site for some of Dubya's stupid quotes. :)

http://supak.com/bush.htm

"I was raised in the West. The west of Texas. It's pretty close to California. In more ways than Washington, D.C., is close to California."
-In Los Angeles as quoted by the Los Angeles Times, April 8, 2000

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

The Overlord Returns
11-08-2002, 03:10 PM
I still love:

"You don't have to be smart to be President"

That just about sums it up....

QLD
11-08-2002, 03:13 PM
I love how the guy on the site calls him a liar. But he supports all democrats. :rolleyes:

All politicians are liars. And hell, Clinton was caught red-handed.
But George, he is a liar.

I am not George's biggest fan, but I preferred him to Gore, and I don't think they can throw anyone against him in two years that will change my mind either.

Aside from that, it's the best source for comedians since Dan Quayle!

Patient Zero
11-08-2002, 03:38 PM
You are trying to make my chest explode aren't you!?!

Jedi Clint
11-08-2002, 03:41 PM
Of course, there is no question as to the authenticity of these remarks. I'm certain they were acquired and assembled by the most unbiased of reporters :rolleyes:

Sorry, I didn't mean to stop the liberal mud slinging machine. Please continue this pointless and childish discussion undaunted. It's soo much easier than discussing the issues or thinking for yourself. ;)

The Overlord Returns
11-08-2002, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Jedi Clint
Of course, there is no question as to the authenticity of these remarks. I'm certain they were acquired and assembled by the most unbiased of reporters :rolleyes:

Sorry, I didn't mean to stop the liberal mud slinging machine. Please continue this pointless and childish discussion undaunted. It's soo much easier than discussing the issues or thinking for yourself. ;)

actually, I was forwarded a list of quotes from Al Gore from the same source, and they were quite gut busting as well....

I actually found it funny in general....... not being an American I am neither republican or democrat. I also think I've made my disdain for politicians in general clear in the past. But please, feel free to generalize about my inability to think for myself ;)

Jedi Clint
11-08-2002, 03:50 PM
Where is your select quotes from Gore topic? Who said I was talking about you?

Patient Zero
11-08-2002, 03:54 PM
Now children, fight nice!

The Overlord Returns
11-08-2002, 04:14 PM
Where is your select quotes from Gore topic? Who said I was talking about you?

Weeeeeeeellllllllllll............

I am at the office right now, and was able to post the bush quotes on my lunch hour..........didn't get the gore quotes until around 3 ....

Never said you were talking to me directly...but I imagine you included me as a "liberal mudslinger"...... ;)

master jedi
11-08-2002, 05:52 PM
If you guys like those quotes then may I suggest the book titled 'Bushisms'. It's very humorus.

LTBasker
11-08-2002, 06:02 PM
From 'Whose Line Is It Anyway?':
What Bush thinks to himself during a cabinet meeting - "Hmm, theres not a single cabinet in here..."

QLD
11-08-2002, 06:14 PM
At least he hasn't tried to take credit for "inventing" the internet yet. :crazed:

Darth Sinister
11-08-2002, 08:35 PM
Gore is an idiot...was the VP of an idiot...is in the party of complete idiots...and has an idiot for a wife. Bush is an idiot...who surrounded himself with the best. Democrats win....200 to 1.

Can you imagine if Gore was President..."Well I for one, AM NOT about to ATTACK anyone no matter HOW many people they killed. I'm sending TIPPER over there right now to BORE them to DEATH and make them BEG ALLAH for a quick mericiful end. Bill told me just to MAKE SURE the economy is good cause THAT'S all that MATTERS".

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
11-09-2002, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by Darth Sinister
Gore is an idiot...was the VP of an idiot...is in the party of complete idiots...and has an idiot for a wife. Bush is an idiot...who surrounded himself with the best. Democrats win....200 to 1.

Can you imagine if Gore was President..."Well I for one, AM NOT about to ATTACK anyone no matter HOW many people they killed. I'm sending TIPPER over there right now to BORE them to DEATH and make them BEG ALLAH for a quick mericiful end. Bill told me just to MAKE SURE the economy is good cause THAT'S all that MATTERS".

Well imagining something and knowing soemthing for a fact are two different things. Who knows what kind of leadership Al Gore would have exhibited post 9/11 if he were in power? In my opinion, he would show similar strong leadership just as Bush has. I can't prove it, neither can one disprove it. We will never know.

As far as Bushisms, I think these quotes prove how incredibly dimwitted are president is. What is more troubling is that the two major parties gave us a choice between idiot A and idiot B last election and those two candidates received over 95% of the vote. I think a half-brained Ralph Nader would easily be smarter than them.

Well no matter, Bush has surrounded himself with the right people, just like Reagan did. All he has to do is smile, continue to make his speeches and the American people will think everything is hunky dory.

JediTricks
11-11-2002, 08:50 PM
Normally, I'd avoid this thread like the plague, but someone just sent me this and I had to share since it speaks volumes:
http://www.goodboy.org/collector/this_man_is_about_to_start_a_war.jpg

darthvyn
11-11-2002, 09:03 PM
okay, so who's got the comment that he's making while looking "through" those binocs?

"i think i need to put in another quarter..."

now you go!

The Overlord Returns
11-12-2002, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by JediTricks
Normally, I'd avoid this thread like the plague, but someone just sent me this and I had to share since it speaks volumes:
http://www.goodboy.org/collector/this_man_is_about_to_start_a_war.jpg

BWAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

Careful JT...............you might be labelled a liberal mudslinger for posting that ;)

Jedi Clint
11-12-2002, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by The Overlord Returns

BWAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

Careful JT...............you might be labelled a liberal mudslinger for posting that ;)

I would like you to point out where exactly I called any one individual a "liberal mudslinger". You've quoted me on on it twice now, but I believe I apologized for momentarily stopping the "liberal mud slinging machine".

I will help you draw an accurate conclusion.

Your role in this discussion would be that of one part of the machine :)

I was going to mention that I could see how he could raise the binoculars to his eyes and at that exact moment someone snapped a picture before he pulled them away in order to adjust the device for proper viewing. That just wouldn't be funny though. It wouldn't satisfy anyone's desire to lable someone justly or unjustly.

I'm still waiting for you to post your Gore bashing topic :)

The Overlord Returns
11-13-2002, 01:02 PM

I would like you to point out where exactly I called any one individual a "liberal mudslinger". You've quoted me on on it twice now, but I believe I apologized for momentarily stopping the "liberal mud slinging machine".

I will help you draw an accurate conclusion.

Your role in this discussion would be that of one part of the machine :)

I was going to mention that I could see how he could raise the binoculars to his eyes and at that exact moment someone snapped a picture before he pulled them away in order to adjust the device for proper viewing. That just wouldn't be funny though. It wouldn't satisfy anyone's desire to lable someone justly or unjustly.

I'm still waiting for you to post your Gore bashing topic :)

You're right, you didn't literally call anyone a liberal mudslinger. However, by labelling us as part of a "liberal mudslinging machine", doesn't that make us liberal mudslingers? Or doesn't it lead to a rather pointless argument when you note that I have a winky - wink smiley, next to it (meaning I wasn't all that serious to begin with).

As to the gore quotes....well...it was last weekend that I mentioned it...and I'd actually kind of forgotten about this thread.....but...I'll throw it out there for ya....

I personally don't feel there AS funny as the Bush quotes....but there are a couple of doozies nonetheless :)

Darth Sinister
11-14-2002, 05:11 AM
JT, I have actually seen that somewhere else before....except it wasn't Bush. Please see the link. Last time I checked...Bush wasn't claiming to be a Rhodes Scholar or true to his word lawyer. It should be noted that Bush immediately took the lens caps down......Clinton never did. The Idiot.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/binoculars.htm

The Overlord Returns
11-14-2002, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Darth Sinister
JT, I have actually seen that somewhere else before....except it wasn't Bush. Please see the link. Last time I checked...Bush wasn't claiming to be a Rhodes Scholar or true to his word lawyer. It should be noted that Bush immediately took the lens caps down......Clinton never did. The Idiot.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/binoculars.htm

How do YOU know that he immediately took the lens cap off??

Furthermore, how do YOU know that Clinton didn't?

Even the website you've referenced had the good sense to point out that both of these photos were taken out of context, yet you use it as justification for clinton being an idiot...but, I imagine, would get rather miffed if anyone here used the Dubya shot in the same way......

silly double standards.....

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
11-14-2002, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by darthvyn
okay, so who's got the comment that he's making while looking "through" those binocs?

"Where the hell are the dancing cats?" :confused:

Yes, no, maybe?

darthvyn
11-15-2002, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Lowly Bantha Cleaner

Yes, no, maybe?

no, wrong - the answer is because they are both marsupials...

Patient Zero
11-15-2002, 05:58 PM
Bushisms in the dictionary!?!

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&cid=817&ncid=757&e=10&u=/ap/20021114/ap_on_fe_st/britain_bushisms

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
11-16-2002, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by darthvyn

no, wrong - the answer is because they are both marsupials...

:eek: Oh, I see now! :p

:confused:

:zzz: