PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Locale

Imperial Monarche
11-08-2002, 06:33 PM
What is everyone's favortie locale in the Star Wars universe? I have two, Cloud City and Kamino. I love Cloud City because of the way the city is, up in the clouds and beautiful (no, im not *** either) and Kamino just reminded me of Cloud City and the Kamonians are the bomb, I love how they walk.

JediTricks
11-08-2002, 10:56 PM
I would probably say the Falcon because it's got so much cool stuff going on and still looks very raw in places, but if we were going with "no vehicle interiors" I'd say the first Death Star or maybe Mos Eisly.

JangoFart
11-09-2002, 12:58 AM
An easier question to answer is which place do you not like. I cannot think of any "place" in the SW universe that I didn't dig.

And, I agree that a ton o' fun could be had exploring the Falcon. That ship was incredible. Nothing has bested it yet - although the Slave I is super cool. But, Falcon it ain't.

J

Jedi Master Silas
11-09-2002, 02:59 AM
Mine would have to be exploring Mos Isley and seeing all the creatures....second would be the Ewok villageon Endor because I've liked the Ewoks since I was a little girl.

Pendo
11-09-2002, 04:07 AM
Mine is Cloud City. I don't know what it is about it, but it seems more real than any other place. It actually reminds me of Liverpool City Centre and I don't know why :crazed:. They look NOTHING alike!!!

PENDO!

Jek Porky 2002
11-09-2002, 10:18 AM
Ignore the species that lives there, but Otah Gunga looks nice, Kamino and Tatooine!

Coruscant's OK, but it always makes me think, could that ever happen? I couls imagine an entire city the size of the UK, but I couln't even imagine a city as big as North America, let alone the whole planet!

And what happens when it rains? I'd hate to be standing underneath one of them buildings with rain driiping from about 200 feet high!

187-Maul
11-09-2002, 01:08 PM
my favorite place is mos eiley too, it just looks so cool in the desert
spending a week on naboo (theed to be precise) would be pretty cool too

Jek Porky 2002
11-09-2002, 02:03 PM
Just out of interest, is each planet split up into countries? Because we've only heard of cities on planets. And also are there any planets that have more than one climate and separate sea and land?

JEDIpartner
11-09-2002, 04:01 PM
My favourtie place is Coruscant... even in the "teaser" we got at the end of the ROTJ:SE!!

JangoFart
11-09-2002, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Jek Porky 2002
And also are there any planets that have more than one climate and separate sea and land?

Naboo, of course. The Gungans had the whole underwater thing goin' on while the "Naboo" had the whole land-lovin' thing down pat.

J

tagmac
11-09-2002, 05:35 PM
Favorite: Coruscant, Naboo
Least Favorite: Hoth, Dagobah

stillakid
11-09-2002, 06:34 PM
I like that little room where 3PO gets blasted in ESB. It's simple lines and quaint style are reminiscent of Quaker craftsmanship in 2020. Juxtaposition with the thunderous violence creates an atmosphere for every mood. That limited space holds the Yin and the Yang, the Dark and the Light, the Salt and the Pepper, the Captain and the Tennille. It is for all men, and no men. It is peace and familiarity. It is hate and exclusion. How can you go wrong?

Darth Sidious
11-09-2002, 08:34 PM
Bespin. Well, the inside of the buildings anyway. It's very eerie...It's a good contrast, it looks all happy and safe, but six of the most dangerous bounty hunters and Vader and Stormtroopers are roaming the halls...And the music just adds to that effect.

JEDIpartner
11-10-2002, 01:25 PM
...actually, Theed is pretty cool, too!

Arrogant Arse
11-14-2002, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by stillakid
..the Captain and the Tennille.

Pretty much anywhere the Captain and Tennile are, I'm glad I'm not!!! I like to keep my love together somewhere else thank you!

A place like the Theed palace, and surrounding city were very nice. I also liked the resort where Anakin and Padme were married.

The Overlord Returns
11-14-2002, 04:23 PM
You'd definitely find me hanging about on coruscant...in a seedy club.........smoking death sticks.... ;)

Deoxyribonucleic
11-14-2002, 04:50 PM
I love the Rebel Base on Hoth, especially the control room with all those flashing lights and war boards :)

and of course Tatooine/Mos Eisely as I'm a big fan of the desert....it just has a nice homey feel to it for some reason???

Sith Lord 0498
11-14-2002, 05:08 PM
Coruscant's definitely my favorite. There's so much complexity and exotic life packed into the planet. You could spend several lifetimes there and never know everything about it or see everything it has to offer. Plus, it has that mysterious, sinister feeling about it (a la Darth Sidious' lair in the abandoned sector of Coruscant). But my biggest reason is that it's so full of life and technology!