PDA

View Full Version : Are there any Silver R2's left at TRU???

Count Dooku
11-08-2002, 08:18 PM
I picked up mine on November 3rd, but was wondering if they are still available (any left) at any TRU near you.

I know Amazon.com sold out days ago, I don't know if TRU has any left, do you know?

tagmac
11-08-2002, 08:41 PM
The TRU's by me still have them.....got one yesterday with the gunship.

steve3p0
11-08-2002, 10:22 PM
my toysrus still has them too ... but since sunday , the choice of star wars toys for the required purchase has gone down each time ive visited...

tagmac
11-08-2002, 10:30 PM
Actually, by me the selection went UP a little....I bought two clone pilots yesterday that were not there on Sunday. For the first time in a long time, they're actually restocking the shelves at my TRU with new merchandise, and it's not flying out leaving crap on the shelves.

JediTricks
11-09-2002, 12:17 AM
Mine had one on the shelf today!

gsr-jedi
11-09-2002, 12:52 AM
Yeah mine had them in still.

TheBigSloppy
11-09-2002, 01:10 AM
PLENTY in my neck of the woods as well.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
11-09-2002, 01:14 AM
Wow, I thought they would all be sold out by now.

I was told that by last Sunday (11/3) all of the area TRUs in my area were sold out. Unfortunately, they started selling them Saturday which was a day earlier than the TRU press release claimed. But I was able to get a couple anyway.

Each store got something like a 100 right? You'd figure maybe 10-15 went out the backdoor immediately and the rest to us.

steve3p0
11-09-2002, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by tagmac
Actually, by me the selection went UP a little....I bought two clone pilots yesterday that were not there on Sunday. For the first time in a long time, they're actually restocking the shelves at my TRU with new merchandise, and it's not flying out leaving crap on the shelves.

wow , maybe i need to check again today.
my toysrus had no clone pilots earlier this week and he's the last basic figure i don't have.

robman71
11-09-2002, 10:46 AM
Suprisingly, I stopped by TRU on a fluke visit yesterday and they still had about 2 1/2 cases behind the customer service desk. So I guess they are still around.

SirSteve
11-09-2002, 11:48 AM
I also picked up one yesterday...

steve3p0
11-09-2002, 02:36 PM
i just went to toysrus , no restocking of basic figures but they did add the mace windu and darth tyranus unleashed ...

also , i finally did manage to grab a clone pilot , walmart's only one. i am aware no one cares , but i now have all the basic figures :) ( at least until ephant mon makes his way out here)

Hellboy
11-09-2002, 05:20 PM
I picked mine up 3 days ago and there were plenty left. The TRU employee told me each store got 2 cases.

Banthaholic
11-09-2002, 08:30 PM
I just made the hour trip to TRU today, and got lucky. They still appeared to have a number ofm R2's left. I picked up the exclusive 12" Mace and came home a happy customer!

BanthaPoodoo
11-10-2002, 12:27 AM
I stopped by my local store again today. They had one on the floor again so I took it to the desk & bought it for $0.01. So now I have two for a total of $0.02

Gonna stop by a lot I think to see if I can get more. The way I figure it, if they put it on the floor then they have to sell it for whatever price they scan in for. If they had 25 I'd buy em all.

Am I a hoarder? A scalper? Nope. I will most likely use em for trades. Current Toyfare has em listed for $70 just FYI!!! :):):)

sith_killer_99
11-10-2002, 12:31 AM
:crazed:

$70.00!!! Is that US dollars. Hahahahahahahahaha

HAHAHA!!!:D :D :D

That is TOOOOOoooooo funny.

Val Da Car
11-10-2002, 12:38 AM
I agree SK...Toyfare.....they haven't gotten a price right, even accurate in about 4 years!!!

Beast
11-10-2002, 12:40 AM
Wow, another reason to never use ToyFare as a price guide. Anyone want to buy a $50.00 Cross He-Man and a $70.00 Silver R2-D2. I loose more respect for that magazine, everytime I hear them mentioned on the boards. Oh well, back a few years ago, it only took them a year before they finally took "Prince Zixor w/ Red Energy Blades" out of the book. :happy: :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Val Da Car
11-10-2002, 12:54 AM
you don't have to know who to read to be an editor but it sure helps.

They only write the front page anyway

BanthaPoodoo
11-10-2002, 12:58 AM
I know, I thought it was funny too. I mean a free figure??? And one that doesnt seem all that rare either.....

Probably just a type or something..... I mainly bought the mag cause there was an article about Star Wars toys that never got made (with some help by Steve Sansweet) Expanded universe stuff.....

rynobot
11-10-2002, 01:00 AM
I think they have that price listed because some were selling for 100 dollars before they were released.

Beast
11-10-2002, 01:08 AM
Which shows, what a horrible price guide they are. Most price guides won't list somthing, before it has been actually released. That's because the suckers that buy them from people in Japan on Ebay, pay way over what things are worth. :p :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

rynobot
11-10-2002, 01:25 AM
I buy it for the jokes and some of the articles. But I agree that unreleased items shouldn't be listed.

Count Dooku
11-10-2002, 02:20 AM
Toyfare is such a joke. I actually have a copy of a 5 year old Toyfare mag. In it they had way more lines listed and prices seemed a bit more accurate. Now it is awful. Like earlier mentioned the prices aren't even close to accurate at all, and it is littered with all those dumb action figure cartoons, the ones with them posed in positions saying dumb stuff. Thanks but no thanks.

The only thing a price guide really does for you anyways IMO, is tell you which ones are harder to get and more sought after that is all. Also a good master list for collecting.

$70 for R2 that is funny. IMO it is worth $20, what I had to pay to get it.

Lyet
11-10-2002, 08:21 AM
I picked one up on Wednesday. I called yesterday to see if they had any more, because I didn't want to waste an hour car ride to hear sold out, and indeed they ARE sold out in Topeka :(

Oh well, all I really needed was one anyway.

steve3p0
11-10-2002, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by Count Dooku
The only thing a price guide really does for you anyways IMO, is tell you which ones are harder to get and more sought after that is all. Also a good master list for collecting.

i agree. i think a price guide can serve you well as a checklist, but to me that's the extent of its usefullness.

how can an accurate guide price an item BEFORE it has been released ? this is not in any way an accurate discription of current value, but merely an educated (or uneducated) estimation of perceived future value.

i say paper price guides are a thing of the past.

the best and most accurate price guide you can find is ebay.
search for completed items and that will show you the range of prices at which an item is currently trading.

Bel-Cam Jos
11-10-2002, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by BanthaPoodoo
I stopped by my local store again today. They had one on the floor again so I took it to the desk & bought it for $0.01. So now I have two for a total of $0.02
You got WAY overcharged, BP! I got mine for an infinite percent less: free! Moo-wah-hahahahahahahahaha! Ahem. :rolleyes:

I lucked out. There were two in an employee cart (with returns or misplaced items and such) by the SW figure section, but I only took one (all I needed, plus it'd have cost me $40 in SW stuff). I also cheated TRU out of $.03... not on purpose, mind you. I bought 2 $4.99 figures and a $9.99 deluxe one for a total of $19.96. You needed $19.99, but they didn't even mention it. :greedy: ;)

hango fett
11-10-2002, 11:06 AM
mine had about 10-15 left on a box by the registers....i got yoda, tusken w/massiff, beardless endor soilder, and another gunship pilot for my gunship!
h

tagmac
11-10-2002, 01:48 PM
Sounds like the only thing Toyfair mag is good for now is giving scalpers a reason to jack up their prices to ridculous heights. Then when someone calls them on it, they can say "Well, it books for this much, so you're lucky I'm giving it to you for......"

Beast
11-10-2002, 02:18 PM
I prefer AFN&TR's price guide. They do a good job keeping updated, and have alot of reports that they use to come up with their prices. Sometimes I think that Toyfare just pulls the prices out of a hat. :stupid: :p

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
11-10-2002, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by Bel-Cam Jos
I lucked out. There were two in an employee cart (with returns or misplaced items and such) by the SW figure section, but I only took one (all I needed, plus it'd have cost me $40 in SW stuff). I also cheated TRU out of $.03... not on purpose, mind you. I bought 2 $4.99 figures and a $9.99 deluxe one for a total of $19.96. You needed $19.99, but they didn't even mention it. :greedy: ;)

I actually thought I had to buy some extra $4.99 figure because my total came to $19.96 as well, however I remembered good old Uncle Sam and taxes, so I wasn't worried. One of the few times I actually enjoyed paying taxes. :greedy:

aharry
11-10-2002, 11:33 PM
Same thing here, I wondered if I would have to buy another figure since four came out to $19.96, but my TRU let me have one after the taxes brought the total to $21 and change. As for Toyfare and Cross He-Mans, I guess I would have made a killing since the same day I got Sliver R2, they unloaded a bunch, and I mean easily 10 to 20 Crossers on the pegs. I passed since I open my He-Mans and prefer a toy that resembles what we see on whatever medium they are played on.

Bel-Cam Jos
11-11-2002, 12:42 PM
Fuzzy math, fuzzy math. I guess I can't count no good. At least mine English skills be gooder!

$9.99 deluxe figure
+
2 $4.99 figures ($9.98)
=
$19.97

Guess I need a BSLOS to make up for it...

This is Planet Earth
You're... looking at Planet Earth
Bah bah-pa
Bah bah bah bah-pa

Also, on my receipt they had to charge $.01 for the R2, but it was credited for a net price of zero. Double-check your receipt, BP! Maybe you also got them for free!

BanthaPoodoo
11-11-2002, 12:53 PM
Nah, I wish they were free. I physically had to fess up a penny out of my pocket. So I didnt get em free..... Felt kind of strange though, giving em just a penny for something!!!!

Went back yesterday but no more on the sales floor. Maybe they caught on to what I was doing. Oh well, what else was I gonna do? They didnt have any new figures there. I already had all the deluxe & the ones there

If there are any naysayers who think I should have bought some stuff to get em, I went to Wal-Mart on the other side of town yesterday & they had 8 new figs! So I guess it evens out in the end. I still bought $40 worth of stuff & got two R2's!! Just took a different approach to get em. I would have bought two more figs but they were all bent & mangled - Lott Dod (I really wanted this one) & Tusken w/Massif.

Heres the ones I ended up buying (if anyone cares):

[#33] Endor Rebel Soldier (No Goatee) (C2)
[#39] Supreme Chancellor Palpatine (C2)
[#41] Padme Amidala: Coruscant Attack (C1)
[#42] Darth Maul: Sith Training (C1)
[#43] Anakin Skywalker: Tatooine Attack (C1)
[#44] Ki-Adi-Mundi: Jedi Master (C2)
[#46] Teemto Pagalies: Pod Racer (C2)
[#50] Watto: Mos Espa Junk Dealer (C2)

Just missing 8 for this years set :mad::

[#40] Djas Puhr: Alien Bounty Hunter (C2)
[#45] Ephant Mon: Jabba's Head of Security (C2)
[#47] Jango Fett: Slave 1 Pilot (C1)
[#48] Destroyer Droid: Geonosis Battle (C1)
[#49] Clonetrooper: Republic Gunship Pilot (C1)
[#51] Lott Dod: Neimodian Senator (C2)
[#52] Tusken Raider w/ Massiff (C2)
[#53] Yoda: Jedi High Council (C1)

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
11-11-2002, 04:03 PM
Yup:D

mark2d2
11-11-2002, 04:54 PM
When I bought mine -- the sales girls mentioned that I was a few cents under, but then let me have it.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-11-2002, 07:09 PM
I got the TRU landspeeder today, along with the R2 and a bull**** story from the idiotic cashier: "We only had 32 the first day, and they sold out in less than a half an hour." The customer service girl made a mad-sounding announcement over the PA system, "Cashiers need to get the free R2-D2 from the customer sevice desk", kind of like they had been told a million times . . . :p

Thunderstorm1
11-14-2002, 04:30 PM
I noticed that TRU.com has the little guy listed back in stock.

Nows your chance if you didn't get one

BanthaPoodoo
11-14-2002, 04:42 PM
Well, too late again:

This item is not stocked or has been discontinued.

Maybe again soon......

Val Da Car
11-14-2002, 05:23 PM
My brother bought a gunship last night (finally!!) and got the last one from the TRU in town.

DasGoot
11-22-2002, 12:28 PM
Man, just when I think the guide's starting to look pretty good and I've got a lot of the prices down, this happens. The reason the silver R2 was put in at such a high price was that there was a point when there was a large group of Ebay and online sales where they were going for $185 to $200 each. If it was just one or two (like the Xmas R2 and C-3P0) I wouldn't have put it in, but there were a lot of them. I've been dropping it down every month since as more come out and the ebay sales decline, but yeah, I did have it pretty high intially. I've got him at $15 in the next one coming out. And yeah, a similar thing happened with the Iron Cross He-Mans.

I sure as hell don't want to give scalpers more reasons to hike up prices and on the whole I've dropped most of the prices in the guide since I came on, mainly since I began relying more on Ebay sales than store reports. But, yeah, I dropped the ball on this one and I take responsibilty for it. If anyone else has suggestions or corrections for the guide, let me know. (Although, I take it for granted that most of you guys are hard core collectors and therefore have little need of a guide.)

Jon Gutierrez
Price Guide Editor
ToyFare Magazine

BanthaPoodoo
11-22-2002, 12:48 PM
Only thing I wish you would change is not put pictures over the prices in the guide. I mean, in the last issue there was a big green glob from where the character melted all over the prices of some figures. That really irked me. So I went & got my AFN to look it up.

The little pics in the guide are funny - but not at the expense of what it is, a price guide.

DasGoot
11-22-2002, 01:47 PM
Actually, if you look closely, those are dummy prices under the green blood. I wouldn't let them cover over regular listings, so they took some empire strikes back listings from a couple months back, plugged them in and covered them with the stuff.

BanthaPoodoo
11-22-2002, 02:19 PM
aaaaaaahhhhhhh, sneaky! LOL!

Val Da Car
11-22-2002, 02:35 PM
Cool the Toyfare editor guy is here....nice to meet you.....since I have enjoyed your magazine from day 1 it is good to see you here....in the little spot of the internet that we call SSG

SplFrcsCWO
11-22-2002, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by rynobot
I buy it for the jokes and some of the articles. But I agree that unreleased items shouldn't be listed.

I buy it for the pictures. :D

Turbowars
11-24-2002, 02:08 PM
well thats about the only reason to buy it. I don't know where tehy get these prices, but it's a bunch of BS.

Val Da Car
11-24-2002, 07:10 PM
TW...if you have a serious question you can look at member DasGoot...he is the editor of Toyfare..back on the previous page...

you were kidding....right?

Val Da Car
11-25-2002, 09:32 AM
Silver R2's...not free....but currently instock...

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00006HBU1/ref=pd_ecc_rvi_1/002-2653565-0086461

$9.99 in stock and cheaper than a Ebay Scalper!!!!

see other forum.

cadex
11-30-2002, 02:27 AM
Man how does one in canada get these beauties sometimes canada sucks there are lots of toys i can't get here and it bites
any suggestions .. ... .......... Other than moving to the states(lol)

Val Da Car
12-02-2002, 12:21 PM
Woot....

back in stock for a limited time....until they are gone

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00006HBU1/qid=1038849471/br=1-6/ref=br_lf_t_6//002-2653565-0086461?v=glance&s=toys&n=977398

good luck to all