PDA

View Full Version : Buckeye Fans Unite

Exhaust Port
11-10-2002, 02:02 PM
I just wanted share the joy of the undefeated season that OSU has with other Buckeye fans.

With Oklahoma losing yesterday it looks like the Fiesta Bowl could be on the horizon. The final hurdle will be the always uncertain Michigan game. Come on guys, shake the Cooper Curse and take us to No. 1.

GO BUCKS!!!

O-H.....

James Boba Fettfield
11-10-2002, 02:10 PM
You know Ohio State too? I attend that school and love it! I even saw Maurice Clarett in person, like I was right there and so was he. It was on north campus in one of the towers. And to finish your O-H.............I-O!!!!

Exhaust Port
11-10-2002, 08:18 PM
I went there for a couple years before transfering. I loved the school but my GPA was in the tank so I had to start fresh somewhere else. Calc killed me. I lived on North Campus in Houck for 3 years. Good times, great school.

jjreason
11-10-2002, 10:59 PM
LOOKOUT!

The Big 10 season ain't over yet, sonnies......

:Pirate:

James Boba Fettfield
11-10-2002, 11:15 PM
Shut that Michigan garbage up. They lost last season, and they will lose again this season.

The 'Xir
11-11-2002, 08:48 AM
I'd tell ya how much your team sucks, but then again I'm an Orangemen fan so I really can't say much at all to anyone this year!:rolleyes: :mad: :cry: But how about that win over Va Tech! That's what makes the Big East so great any team no matter how crappy they're doing can beat any other team at any time! We just gotta wait for Miami, and then basketball season to start, things are looking good for B'Ball!
Back to the Big 10? I've partied at Ohio State, and it does seem like a pretty cool campus, although their was a drug bust at the house party next door to the one I was partying at, but it was still a good time overall! That school Is huge! You guys are all nuts too! I'm sure it was just because Michigan was in town for a game! I didn't get a chance to go to the game, in town for business, but I definetly have to give you guys props for Fan craziness, you guys sure love your football! Go Cuse! Peace! see ya.

wedgeA
11-12-2002, 04:45 PM
Being an Iowa alum, it's too bad that the schools don't play each other this year, it would have been a huge win for the Hawks.;) However, it would be great if OSU stays undefeated, wins the national championship, and Iowa wins the Rose Bowl, that way, all the "Big 10 is so overrated" garbage talk will end.

QLD
11-12-2002, 06:07 PM
I am just waiting for them to change the Big 10's name to the Big 11.

How can you have the Big Ten with 11 teams.

2-1B
11-13-2002, 01:39 PM
Ugh, I'm in Wisconsin and yes indeed the Big 10 (11) sucks. What boring and trashy football ! ! ! :dead:

Anyway, maybe some of you Buckeyes can help Miami defensive coordinator Jon Wauford out of his handcuffs. ;)

James Boba Fettfield
11-13-2002, 02:05 PM
I wish one of our coaches here at Ohio St. would attack a fan...

Jon
11-13-2002, 04:24 PM
Michigan State Alum here. Unfortunately we don't have football at MSU anymore.:rolleyes: Thank God for Izzo and basketball. I have to say that I am hoping that Ohio State does run the table. That Michigan thing is in the past now, Cooper is gone and from watching Michigan up close here, they really are not that good. They have played a weak *** schedule. OSU should be in the title game, if you aren't you got no one to blame but yourselves.
I'm just glad MSU didn't draw the Buckeyes this year or we'd have another 40 point blowout to deal with.

Jon
11-13-2002, 04:31 PM
There has been talk, QLD, that the Big Ten will soon be expanding again to 12. Then they would split into 2 six team division and have a championship game. (This would be great to avoid a possible Ohio State/Iowa thing we have this year) Also it would make $$$$$$$$$$$$
I've heard the rumor mill around here that there are 4 candidates the Big Ten is looking at, Missouri, Pittsburgh, Iowa State & Louisville. (With Toledo a very weak 5th possibility). It makes sens to do it. Personally, I think Iowa State or Pittsburgh would work best with in-state rivalries easy to establish then.

Sounds good to me. Championship Game could be at Ford Field in Detroit :)

wedgeA
11-13-2002, 04:40 PM
Jon,

Who's your hope for the next coach?

The Spartans are still in the running for a bowl bid, if they win out. Yeah, not much, but at least it is something given how their season has gone.

If the Big Ten expands to 12, I think the best candidate is Notre Dame, but I doubt they'll ever agree to join a conference. I would not mind Iowa State joining either, as it would give even more weight to the rivalry with Iowa.

James Boba Fettfield
11-13-2002, 04:54 PM
It won't matter who joins. Ohio State owns the Big 10. And if they do expand, I hope there is no Louisville trying to join it. I would personally like to see Missouri enter of any of those teams.

wedgeA
11-13-2002, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by James Boba Fettfield
It won't matter who joins. Ohio State owns the Big 10.

Riiight, only if teams like Michigan, Penn State, Iowa, and Wisconsin are in the other division.

James Boba Fettfield
11-13-2002, 06:32 PM
Penn State, Wisconsin, and Michigan (in two weeks anyway) have all been beaten by Ohio State this season. For the moment, Ohio State owns the Big 10.

Jon
11-13-2002, 06:48 PM
Let's get something straight. This year yes, Ohio State owns the Big Ten....along with Iowa. If Iowa loses and OSU wins out, then you can brag all you want. It is naive though to claim that it won't matter who joins because Ohio State owns it...Michigan, Wisconsin, Iowa, Michigan State, Penn State & Illinois can all win it in any given year almost any year. Purdue sometimes too.

Notre Dame will never join the Big Ten, until Big Ten teams stop scheduling them. Right now Notre Dame plays Big Ten teams without having to play a full Big Ten schedule. That's how Notre Dame's strength of schedule get so high each year. I would really like Notre Dame to be the team, but I think Pitt, Iowa State or Missouri will be in.

I'm not sure who should coach MSU next year. If I had my choice I would try very hard to get either Marvin Lewis from the Redskins or somehow lure Terry Bowden. Whoever it is has to come from the outside and clean this mess up.

Imgaine an Iowa/Ohio State showdown at Ford Field in early December. What fun is being missed.:cry:

James Boba Fettfield
11-13-2002, 07:38 PM
Let's stop the fussin' and the feudin'...and I can't help but be naive about it, Jon. I am a student and a fan here, it's only natural to be this way.

Jon
11-13-2002, 08:10 PM
I hear you, I was the same way when MSU won the Basketball title in 2000. But as you said, for right now Ohio State is on top. At least it isn't Michigan, and I'm sure we have at least that in common.

James Boba Fettfield
11-13-2002, 08:49 PM
Here at Ohio State we feel nothing but love towards Michigan.

Exhaust Port
11-13-2002, 09:16 PM
If by love you mean hatred of all things blue and gold...yes, we love Michigan. ;)

wedgeA
11-14-2002, 02:25 AM
James,

What do you think of Clarett going pro this year? I think that given his shoulder injury, I think that he probably will return to OSU next year to improve his standing.

As for the comment that the Big Ten is boring, that may have been true years ago, but I think that offensive schemes are much more balanced now. I was at Iowa during the last years of the Hayden Fry era, and the play calling was boring and predictable, basically a run, run, then pass scheme. It's definitely a different game now.

Exhaust Port
11-14-2002, 07:36 AM
I think Clarett will stay on one more year and providing he can have a good, injury free year he'll probably bolt to the NFL.

James Boba Fettfield
11-14-2002, 09:36 AM
I don't think he'll be entering the draft. I honestly don't think he'll finish out college football, even though there have been comments made by Clarett and his mother about him entering the draft as a true freshman, I think he'll stay at least another year. I just don't expect to see him here for 4 years.

EricRG
11-14-2002, 10:01 AM
Miami hasn't lost in THREE YEARS! How can they not be #1? I don't get it...
;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

At any rate, there is no real difference in #1 and #2 in the BCS. Miami v. OSU would be a GREAT Fiesta Bowl matchup. I hope they're both still undefeated. I'll be rooting for the Buckeyes to beat Michigan, too.

mrmiller
11-15-2002, 01:54 PM
Funny how this post was started "After" Oklahoma lost. Too bad you are not in a real conference with a championship game to pit you against the best in your conference. Iowa would be a great game.

=MATT=

Exhaust Port
11-15-2002, 02:19 PM
Sorry for not coming up with the idea sooner there Mr. Miller. :rolleyes:

mrmiller
11-15-2002, 02:30 PM
I'm just grumpy, and like giving bandwagon jumpers a hard time ;)

=MATT=

James Boba Fettfield
11-16-2002, 04:18 PM
Bandwagon jumpers? Where?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-16-2002, 06:04 PM
Crap!!!! I'm from Illinois and this sucks!!! Both teams played very well, so my hat goes off to OSU, but still...grrrrrrr!! :D

James Boba Fettfield
11-16-2002, 06:17 PM
Illinois caused me to curse loudly a few times, especially that stunt they pulled in the 4th quarter tying the game forcing an OT. I am just glad they were able to win without Clarett, which hopefully allows him to be healthier next week at high noon.

jjreason
11-16-2002, 08:58 PM
Another lucky break for OSU this afternoon will only lead to increased heartbreak when the Wolverines spoil your lovely season. I can hear the crying about the refs and bad calls starting already......

GO BLUE!

:Pirate:

The 'Xir
11-17-2002, 01:34 AM
I have to agree OSU and Miami would be an amazing game, but Miami is just too strong! Like I said it's the BIG EAST and any team can beat any team, and that's why Miami had some close or "questionable" games this season, but when it really counts they just win!
Oh, and I'd hate to lose Pitt to the Big 10, as far as I remember they are one of the original Big East teams, and that should never change!!! Also, I forgot who mentioned it, but they were correct in saying Notre Dame would never go to the Big 10! The Irisish are currently a part of the Big East, I think all sports except Football! And, that is only because they do not want to share there revenue and TV network(NBC) deals with the rest of the Big East! Once the Big East becomes stronger or more commercially sell-able then it already is, most likely the Football team would join the league as well!
There's also rumors going around Syracuse that we might be scheduling Penn State games again, to rejuvinate that rivallry, and possibly in an attempt to lure Penn State into the League!!!
One can dare to dream:...
Syracuse
Miami
Notre Dame
Va Tech
Pitt
Penn State
BC
West Virgina
Temple
Rutgers(who suprisingly gave both Miami and Tenn scares this year!)
If ND and PSU joined and Temple and Rutgers could get their acts together, this would definitely be Thee BEST league across the country!

Exhaust Port
11-17-2002, 08:34 AM
Boy you can have Penn State. I remember statements being made about Penn State strength when they came to the Big 10 but they've been beaten down nearly every year. Sure they might have been stronger out of the conference but they've been knocked down to a much smaller size ever since they came in.

Hey jjreason, wasn't that MSU vs. Michigan a great game last year? How about the OSU game?

jjreason
11-18-2002, 03:15 AM
Oh don't be cranky Exhaust Port. My team got euchered out of there shot at the Big 10/National title this year and Im only trying to liven up this thread with a little smack. We've humiliated both of those teams so many times over the past 10 years that Im secure and satisfied with my team's success.

How 'bout you?

Exhaust Port
11-18-2002, 08:40 AM
I'm just smackin' back. No hard feelings.. :)

Eternal Padawan
11-18-2002, 05:36 PM
Iowa plays Iowa St every year. I know because my apt. is about four blocks from Kinnick stadium, and I'm trapped by jerks parking up and down my street, blocking off driveways. :mad: In fact, the Iowa St game was Iowa's only defeat this year.

I really hate that particular Saturday. :(

Exhaust Port
11-18-2002, 06:24 PM
Completely surrounded by Iowa fans? How did you survive? ;)

James Boba Fettfield
11-18-2002, 11:03 PM
Who thinks it is wise to win this Michigan game without Clarett? I would be afraid to pull a stunt like that, they tried it successfully against Illinois, but it almost cost them their Fiesta Bowl chances. I hope Clarett can come back healthy, because I sorely miss the offense without him. Whenever he doesn't play, Ohio State barely wins, for example against UC and against Illinois.

jjreason
11-19-2002, 12:08 AM
No hard feelings here either...if your Bucks can win agains the U of M, they'll have my complete support in their pursuit of the National. Any Big 10 team winning is better than anyone else.

But I still want us to win on Saturday.

The 'Xir
11-19-2002, 12:14 AM
Hey?...
Big East Rules and will continue too, with a Miami win!

Exhaust Port
11-20-2002, 10:28 PM
Florida.......BBooooooooooooooooooo.

EricRG
11-20-2002, 11:31 PM
Hey Xir,

You goin' to any Orange basketball games this year? Don't think they'll be too good w/o a real center (Forth went to my high school), but man, this guy Carmello really seems like the real thing! Maybe when he's a junior or senior they'll make another run. This year is likely another NIT year.

Watch out for Pitt this year!

The 'Xir
11-22-2002, 03:36 AM
Nah, they'll make the 64 again! Might not go beyond the 32 but they'll be there! Forth is comming along, carmelo IS awesome, just needs a little more patience and coaching! Our biggest problem isn't at center but at Guard, with dork breath Edelins' appeal geting rejected!
http://www.suathletics.com/News/basketball/mbasket/2002/11/14/edelinsuspension.asp?path=mbasket
Don't have season's tickets this year, but definitly will be going to some games! Usually make it to the big ones like Georgetown, Villanova, Uconn, then Pitt, St. Johns and Seaton Hall are usually next! Miami, and Notre Damn are always good ones! What the hell am I talking about all the Big East game are exciting! Especially in the Loud House! I tell you back in the day the Carrier Dome was the place to be, but over the years the fans have really become complacent! I've actually been booed/yelled at for standing up and cheering/makeing too much noise! I say F that, If you want to sit and watch the games go home and watch it on the tele! I tell ya though when you get that special game and the crowd's into it, the Dome can really rock! It's an incredible place to watch games! I think they actually hold a record(either in length of time or in amount of complete circles) at a football game, that the 'wave' continued on for!

Hey and how about them Panthers!(football) almost stole one from Miami last night! Damn that would have been awesome! One lousy *ss touchdown! UUUUGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Hey Eric! It's funny, I noticed your from SD! I here, alot of Californians are SU fans or watch them atleast, I guess because you get alot of their brodcast games out there! Don't know why you do, but that's what I hear! Most of our recruits either come from NYC, Wash. DC, or California! Go figure!

James Boba Fettfield
11-23-2002, 02:21 PM
Michigan, you kept me scared throughout the entire game until Ohio State got that fumble recovery close to the end of the fourth quarter. It was the best game I have seen them play in this season, and I commend Michigan on playing that good in The Shoe. On the other hand, I am glad to see Ohio State make it to Arizona and hope to have them bring home a title. See you next year, Michigan. O-H!!!

The 'Xir
11-23-2002, 05:18 PM
Congrats Buckeye fans! Now #1 all comes down to next weeks Miami vs Syracuse game! Hopefully it will be just as great as todays game, and then no matter who wins that one we'll see Miami kick your Buckeye butts! :D

James Boba Fettfield
11-23-2002, 06:03 PM
No, we should all unite behind the underdog Bucks. Time for that Miami streak to stop now, unless someone else stops them in their next few games. Big 10 representation in the Fiesta Bowl doesn't happen often, so go Bucks.

Exhaust Port
11-23-2002, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by James Boba Fettfield
O-H!!!

I-O!!!

It all came down to the last play and for once OSU didn't faulter. Great job team. One more to go!!!!

James Boba Fettfield
11-23-2002, 09:41 PM
They've been doing good on those last second make me crap my pants plays. Though they usually leave me a soiled mess, the outcome of the game is always good.

EricRG
11-24-2002, 12:08 AM
I'm glad the Buckeyes won. Must be some great parties in Ohio this evening. Now for Miami to fulfill their part of the deal...they should beat the 'Cuse pretty easily. VTech might be tough, since there will be no pressure on the Hokies and they need a notch on their belts to show something for this disappointing season...at least it's in Florida.

Xir-actually I'm from Upstate myself...I'm from Albany. Just here to get my PhD.

Hey JB Fettfield....
"Prepare to qualify!"

jjreason
11-24-2002, 03:38 AM
It pains me greatly to say, but I do hope the Buckeyes win out and get the National. Congratulations, guys. See you next year indeed. :Pirate: :D

The 'Xir
11-24-2002, 07:00 AM
EricRG- Coool, a fellow Albanian!!! I was born there, but my parents moved and I was raised and did all my schooling here in DA' Cuse! I know were gonna get our butts kicked, but Go 'Cuse!!!! I just hope it not as big of a can of asswhuppin as it has been the last two years! What, I think Miami has outscoreed us some 89 to 3 in the last to games! Oy Vey! Hopefully we can keep it within 2 touchdowns this time! pleeeeeeez :crazed:

QLD
11-25-2002, 10:30 AM
The celebrations of the Ohio fans have left a very bitter taste in my mouth.

I am soooo excited, I think I'll burn furniture and cars in the street!

I know it wasn't all fans, but that kind of representation, would make me embarrassed to be a Buckeye, for a while at least.

Exhaust Port
11-25-2002, 11:12 AM
Here in Ohio we have plenty of spare cars and furniture laying around in our front yards. Each year we pick one sporting victory to burn off the older camero's and couch's to make room for the new batch. This year it happened to be the OSU victory. ;)

James Boba Fettfield
11-25-2002, 11:21 AM
As a first hand witness to the madness, it was anything but the simple couch burn. I saw traffic lights knocked over and stores destroyed. Honestly, it was no doubt the scariest thing I have ever witnessed. I never saw police in riot gear, Sunday morning I did. It gives a blackeye to the school and here's hoping those 48 arrests lead to 48 harsh sentences.

The 'Xir
11-30-2002, 12:33 PM
Here's an extra vote of confidence(desperate hope) for the Orangemen today!

GO 'CUSE!!!!!!!!!!

EricRG
11-30-2002, 01:00 PM
Sorry Xir-
looks like another beatdown. It's 21-0 now. And Miami is once again making it look REAL easy.

The 'Xir
11-30-2002, 03:10 PM
Oh well! Not like I was expecting much, I was going to say, "atleast it's not 60-0, but Miami just scored again, and it's now 48-7 possibly 49 depending on wether they go for 1 or 2!

EricRG
12-07-2002, 05:06 PM
COOL. Miami v. Ohio State should be a classic. Can't wait! GO 'CANES!

Exhaust Port
12-07-2002, 07:11 PM
So Miami is soooo much better than OSU even though they gave up 40+ points? Please, let the games begin.

James Boba Fettfield
12-07-2002, 07:37 PM
Doesn't matter who they play, soon my signature will read 14-0.

EricRG
12-07-2002, 07:38 PM
EP-

All I said was that it should be a classic game. I won't make any predictions because it'll be a good game.

And GO 'CANES.

I'll say it again: GO 'CANES!

Exhaust Port
12-08-2002, 10:57 PM
I can't believe that we still have almost a month until the game plays.

James Boba Fettfield
12-09-2002, 12:58 AM
And I am glad I won't be in Columbus when the game is played. Good or bad outcome, I wouldn't want to be here.

EricRG
12-09-2002, 12:58 AM
EP-

I agree...I wish they'd play this coming weekend! O. St. should be so fully rested...I hope they can keep their edge.;)

I went out and bought myself some TOSTITOS© to celebrate. Ummmmm........lime Tostitos.

The 'Xir
12-09-2002, 09:56 AM
Someone commented on how many points Miami gave up. Ummm, 1)Va Tech is that good, and 2) when you play Miami you just have to score that many ponts if you want to stay in the game!
That was a great game by the way. but although VT scored 40 some odd points they never were really in it! I think that game showed, that when it matters what Miami can really do!

and Unfortunately for you guys, I think Ohio St, will see much of the same! Yes, I want Miami to win and bring another championship to the Big East, but I just want to see a really good game, and just hope that one team doesn't blow out the other

Exhaust Port
12-10-2002, 12:55 AM
I realized earlier today that I mistakenly scheduled myself to work on game day. I just got off the phone and corrected that error. I never would have forgiven myself to have a 30 year prayer answered for Buckeye fans and miss the game.

I'm ready!

EricRG
01-03-2003, 07:50 PM
Miami 7, OSU 0

2-1B
01-03-2003, 09:39 PM
Canes Win !
Canes Win !

Just kidding, it's 17-7 Buckeyes near the end of the 3rd. ;)

What the hell is a buckeye?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-03-2003, 09:41 PM
It's this nasty little nut thing a ma bob. I'm from IL originally, so making your mascot a nut really confuses me. :D

EricRG
01-03-2003, 09:48 PM
Miami 14 OSU 17

2-1B
01-03-2003, 09:54 PM
Jaymz, get ready to put 13-1 in your sig line ;)

EricRG
01-03-2003, 10:01 PM
Oh my god, that was a HORRIFIC hit on McGahee. Absolutely sickening. I hope he is OK. :(

EricRG
01-03-2003, 10:35 PM
It's GOOD! It's GOOD!

Miami 17, OSU 17 - End of regulation.

We'll have OT. WHAT A GAME! :)

EricRG
01-03-2003, 10:47 PM
Miami strikes first in OT...

Miami 24 OSU 17

Pressure's on...

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-03-2003, 10:59 PM
That was so not passing interference!!! Freakin' refs!! crap crap crap!! :D

EricRG
01-03-2003, 11:02 PM
Miami strikes first in OT...

Miami 24 OSU 17

Pressure's on...

EricRG
01-03-2003, 11:16 PM
GREAT game. Congrats OSU. The streak is over.

Miami 24 OSU 31

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-03-2003, 11:17 PM
Let the rioting commence in cols!! Kinda wish i was still there!! tehehhehe :D

JON9000
01-03-2003, 11:23 PM
Now all those Miami kids I go to school with will stop acting so smug!

Exhaust Port
01-04-2003, 12:05 AM
BUCKEYES are #1

BUCKEYES are #1

BUCKEYES are #1

BUCKEYES are #1

BUCKEYES are #1

BUCKEYES are #1

BUCKEYES are #1

BUCKEYES are #1

BUCKEYES are #1

BUCKEYES are #1

2-1B
01-04-2003, 12:23 AM
meh, that was a cheap holding call.

I recognize Miami as national champs. :D

Exhaust Port
01-04-2003, 11:47 AM
1 call decides the championship? How about 4 quarters of domination by the OSU defense. I'll take that over one call.

- About that call, the interference/holding came prior to the attempted catch. So that looped video of the players reaching for the ball in the endzone is pointless.

QLD
01-04-2003, 12:01 PM
I am glad they won. Not that I really like either team. Too bad GA lost to Florida. I guess they are stuck at 3rd. :)

2-1B
01-04-2003, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by Exhaust Port
- About that call, the interference/holding came prior to the attempted catch. So that looped video of the players reaching for the ball in the endzone is pointless.

I know. :D

Fouts had it wrong, referring to an interference call - on the replay I could clearly see the ref making a holding signal.
Yes, there was quite a grab before the ball go there, it appeared to turn the receiver away from the ball.

jjreason
01-05-2003, 02:13 PM
I thought the infraction and the call were obvious. I was getting scared though, when the official initially waved the pass incomplete and Miami started jumping around....

As vocal as I was in support of Michigan before (in this thread no less!) Im proud of our Big10 representative Ohio State. Man, first one since 68. Must feel pretty good. Enjoy!

The 'Xir
01-05-2003, 10:00 PM
since I'll did alot of talking pre-game! I'll be humble and say Congrats to Ohio St!...
NOT THAT YOU DESERVE IT!!!!!!!!

THE GAME SHOULD HAVE ALREADY BEEN OVER, THAT WAS A BS CALL BY THE REFS IN THE ENDZONE! MIAMI HAD SCORED. PERIOD!!!!! END OF STORY GAME OVER!

It's so sad to see some kids national title hopes, taking away by some prick ref who's got money on the game and changes the call, when his partner is standing right there making the right call! TOUCHDOWN MIAMI! GAME OVER! They replayed it on National Television over and over again, and even the announcer agreed that the it was a touchdown! Hey, If it had happened to Ohio st. I'd be saying the same damn thing, but they didn't get hosed out of a National championship! Miami did!!! I can hear the crowds now:
BS
BS
BS
BS
BS!!!!!

Exhaust Port
01-07-2003, 09:34 AM
The infraction was prior to the endzone! It did not involve the attempted catch. Supporters of this supposed blown call are only watching or showing what backs up their story. That is not the complete picture. Illegal contact was made by the defender and that is why the flag was thrown. He held the reciever which constitutes "holding" but since the ball was in the air the correct call was "pass interference." This is why there was some confusion on the part of the ref with which hand signal to make.

Believe what you want but the tapes don't lie.

scruffziller
01-07-2003, 10:31 AM
GO HAWKEYES!!!!