PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Brit C

jeddah
08-17-2001, 01:23 PM
[SIZE=1][FONT=times new roman][COLOR=royalblue]
Thanks for the Virago, it came yesterday and I was so tired, I couldn't post till today.

My take on it; I know it took a lot of courage for me to decide I wanted one of these as I am not into EU at all, but I'm glad I did.

Now you may cry out about the Epic collections I had all you want, but that came about by accident; the 6 books were lying around my brothers' bedroom some years ago so I read them and then figured mms of them would be really cool -which they are, particularly the Flurry. Incidentally, the B-wing is teh same mold as the mm JT, no expanded cockpit. What IS it with the jinx-o-plane B-wing???

Anyway, I Like It. Nice solid swivelling guns, 4 wings as independent as Destinys Child and a nice slidey-outey cockpit. Also all the joints and connections are very tight - as there are no children (mm, they taste of chicken, apparently!) in my environs with the exception of my godchildren -one of whom is an idiot savant and not impressed by such puerile simple joys - they will remain tight I hope.

Xizor and Guri are okay. I can't really comment on them as I've never read the SW comics but it's nice to have a figure in the cockpit.

This is a weird design, I keep thinking of HR Giger's art. It's also very arachnid- which reminds me of the warrior bugs in Starship Troopers.

It's been about 2 or 3 years since I decided to get this I think, so thanks Brit C.

And for all those interested (GSJ :)) the box is in the bin, the ship is on my lap.

jeddah

britcit3
08-17-2001, 02:05 PM
No Probs Jeddah

good shot jansen
08-17-2001, 03:32 PM
it's been two years since the jean genie got me my virago, and it's been in masons play rotation since.

none of the wings are loose (now why couldn't they have used the same workmanship with that stupid piece o' manhood hangin' off the bottom of the skyhopper? :mad: , that things been loose, and swiveling since about day 2 outta the box:mad: :mad: :mad: ), and i don't know about the quality control testers at the old galoozba, but mason cracks those puppies with regularity, and they is still tight-o-mite!

a great toy all around!

JediTricks
08-18-2001, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by jeddah
Incidentally, the B-wing is teh same mold as the mm JT, no expanded cockpit. What IS it with the jinx-o-plane B-wing???
Rat poopies! What the björk is up with that? The pics made it seem like it was gonna have a longer cockpit, but apparently it was just cheaper to throw in a previously-made item. I guess the problem with the B-wing is that ever since it got it's main action sequence cut from ROTJ (a real shame, from the look of things), it's been a "nobody" ship, that is to say, it doesn't have the personality the others do because we never see it kick butt.

Oh, and if you close your VB code tags with [/color] and similar, that would work better. I would have edited that for you, but I didn't know what text you wanted it to end at.

britcit3
08-18-2001, 06:28 PM
Eh up,

My expanded B-wing is definately a re-mold - the cockpit is slightly larger.

Cheers

BC3

good shot jansen
03-19-2002, 06:46 AM
brit cit, like a knight in shining armour comes to the rescue!

recently received here in south florida straight from the heysham road;

men in black set #4 with the utlra cool baltian mothership
(need to track down the other three sets now!)

mm set #36 secret at roswell with the absolutely sweet retro flying saucer!

id4 playset with alien attacker ship! (non mm, but a perfect addition to the collection!)

thanx brit cit, i was jonesing pretty bad, til you hooked me up with the right stuff!

britcit3
03-19-2002, 01:22 PM
Glad that you like the stuff, GSJ.

And changing the subject completely...........

My kid sister is UK Marketing Manager for Nintendo and is often involved in the production of the animated/real time movies between game levels.

Well, she has just been judging a Sci-fi short film competition in London last week and her co-judge was the most splendid Terry Gilliam - see pic.

How cool is that?????????????????

BC3

jeddah
03-19-2002, 01:26 PM
How cool is that?????????????????

Waaaaay cool :D

(am i turning into one of these cuhwazee americans?)

jeddah

vulcantouch
03-20-2002, 09:53 AM
so which one's baltian again? eggplant arrowhead or giger sperm? :evil:
gee, i guess jdah Didn't evah play w/epic 4-6s, & never even noticed bwing sculpt was slightly diff. oh well, too late now :p
i may have sighted an id4 aa sculpt variant btw: will lyk when i verify.
wow, i never noticed gilliam kinda resembles henry jaglom, even though i just watched 12 Monkeys :stupid: (comin soon to da Hump)

jeddah
03-20-2002, 10:23 AM
Of COURSE I didn't! :rolleyes: They, like me, were far too precious:D
jeddah

good shot jansen
03-20-2002, 11:39 AM
eggplant arrow head!

as fer a varient on the id 4 aa ship, there is indeed one (alos for the f/18 too) in my quest to acquire one, i won an auction just moments after brit cit let me know that one would be winging it's way to me. the varient is included with the defend new york city play set. (brit cit's came from the area 51 playset). in the nyc set, both the aa and the f/18 are smaller by about 1/6 in size. also included in the nyc set are collapsable citicorp building (the one with the wedge on top) chrysler building, statue of liberty, empire state building, and sadly. the wtc twin towers:( (i'm not happy with this bit of fantasy becoming a reality)

the set also comes with am alien destroyer ship, the one which hovers above the cities (it looks like a cordless mouse actually, no real detail making it worth an mm collectors time)

vulcantouch
03-21-2002, 03:09 PM
if so, lmk if you don't want one, cuz b'jr doesn't have one & has been jealously eyein the one bc3 found me :rolleyes:
plz post a pic of that id4 destroyer if you can, i'd like to see what it looks like (put aa next to it to convey scale) :)
oh Please, like I wouldn't know which building's citicorp, it's only caught my eye in pix for about 2 decades now :rolleyes: are there any other "twin towers" overlooking central park, or is the san remo your "ancestors" did the only one? if so, then it's the one i Constantly see in centpark pix, & that thing's a much more distinct, recognized landmark than i realized :cool: btw i was gonna email you comments about that rr&sons archilink you sent a while back, but it's gone out of date since :(
vt
np: strawberry alarm clock, "eggplant arrowhead (the color of time; turn on, tune in. . . etc) " ;)

good shot jansen
03-21-2002, 07:31 PM
another rr & sons production (http://www.lehigh.edu/ctbuh/bom_citi.html) (actually it's er&sons (http://www.skyscrapers.com/english/company/0.9/100906/index.html)). hugh stubbins was the design architect, and er&s were the artichoke's of record. it fell to us to figure out how to make that thing stand up! it's got a 80 ton weight contained within the sloped top, and depending on the wind forces, it shifts about to prevent the building from doing a triple gainer down lexington avenue:eek: . (actually there's very funny if it weren't true story about that very possibility, which i will share in another posting, when i have time to tell it right) (nothing worse than a good story told wrong)

twin delights looking down on cpw;

san remo (http://www.aviewoncities.com/building/sanremoapartments.htm)

the eldorado (http://www.cityrealty.com/building_guide/building/index.page?id=8441)

here's the tri-towered beresford (http://www.cityrealty.com/building_guide/building/index.page?id=2897)

the century (http://www.cityrealty.com/building_guide/building/index.page?id=451) not an ers job, but gorgeous none the less!

that's the line up of cpw's gemini old ladies.

it would be an honour to forward the aa which came in the nyc set for inclusion in b'jr's armada. i will forward it along in the next westward posting. i havn't opened the package yet, but once i do, i will scan the destroyer ship, so's you can get a gander at what it looks like.

np: ian hunter - central park and west

SWAFMAN
03-21-2002, 11:11 PM
wow, gsj, I'm awed by the power, beauty and legacy of your grandfather's work. my visits to NYC will be richer experiences now, for having a new connection - however tenuous - to these masterpieces of the skyline.

good shot jansen
03-22-2002, 07:02 AM
the firm was started by my great grandfather, emery in 1898, and continued through the years under the leadership of my grandfather, and his brother. my father took over the firm in the early 70's, and i came on board at the same time as my fathers cousin in 1982.

over the years, my fathers cousin and i, never saw eye to eye on anything, and my father served as the fire wall between us for over a decade. in 92' when my dad decided for health reasons to retire, it became clear that the cuz and i were not going to get along without my dad there to separate us.

with the cherce of either staying in nyc and duking it out on a daily basis with regards to the firms future direction, (a prospect i wasn't much looking forward to) or taking the opportunity afforded me at that time to divest my interests in the firm, and move to florida (something mrs. jansen had been wanting to do, as her folks live here), i opted for the latter.

within two years of my fathers and my departure, the firm was sadly run into the ground (2 years shy of it's century mark), and for all practical purposes, does not exisit today.

i have never looked back in anger or regret, as the type of architecture that i am involved with here in the sunshine state, is more satisfying on a personal level, and allows me to have far greater direct involvement and control of the projects from inception through to final completion. :happy:

good shot jansen
03-22-2002, 09:18 AM
enclosed in the zip are photos of the top of the mother ship (cordless mouse), as well as a scan of all the building pieces, bottom of cordless mouse, and attacker ship for scale

vulcantouch
03-24-2002, 01:54 PM
. . .i wasn't able to open & view this one (don't axe Me why, i ain't no techie :p )

vulcantouch
09-08-2002, 10:54 PM
bc3-sent gianni verspeeder mm for b'jr to replace misplaced one :)
also, odd, larger-than-mm-sized runabout & rom bop finished, i'm assuming, by bc3 himself? aw shucks, you din't hafta to do that :) where'd you get these anyway? never seen em before. b'jr caught a glimpse & already asked if he can borrow em for his collection, where i assume he'll give em a place of prominence in the middle of his mm runab & rombop fleets :)
thanx agin fellow noncom (http://sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=13648) ;)
vt

britcit3
09-09-2002, 01:02 AM
Hey VT

The larger Trek ships are from a line of unpainted vehicles that I got from a trade with a guy from Arizona.

I don't know anything about them - except that there are at least 8 of them (see pic on my trek page) and that they come as plain black plastic.

The ones that I sent you are 2 dupes that the chap sent.

Cheers

BC3

vulcantouch
04-17-2003, 12:06 PM
. . .but not cuz he's bogarting lotsa cool humps swaffy-style like #s 2 (jdah) & 3 (sicq); instead cuz he too goes to ridiculous lengths of generosity (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=116944#post116944), to wit:
a lil innocent music-related email discussion results in an mip aphex twin "windowlicker" cd single arriving in the mail from amazon.com, courtesy Guess Who :crazed: sigh, i guess my MMixtape-makin ain't gonna be done for a while yet, cuz i spose one for bc3'd be the only appropriate way to return the favor ;)
meanwhile something must be said about this disc's aaron-eckhart-in-a-bikini cover (http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/record-reviews/a/aphex-twin/windowlicker.shtml), and that somethin is eeeewwwww ;) (the karmic flip side of ae's In The Company Of Men (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=27802#post27802) predatory fratboy, perhaps? :crazed: )
vt

britcit3
04-17-2003, 12:21 PM
No worries VT

Just hope that you like it (I know it's a bit mental).

BC3