PDA

View Full Version : The Two Towers: Double Disc Set?

Jek Porky 2002
11-11-2002, 01:24 PM
I was just wondering, with the release of The Fellowship 5 disc set, wil they still bring out 2-Disc sets of TTT and TROTK, or will they just go straight onto 5 disc sets? Because as a fan but not a die hard fan, like some, the 2 discs are fine for me.

2-1B
11-11-2002, 01:30 PM
I hope they do a double disc for the next two movies; like you I have no need for anything beyond a double.

I'm sure they will do the same with TTT and ROTK, because I think a great number of casual DVD buyers would not want to spring for the deluxe sets. Plus it's a good way of squeezing a few extra $:greedy:$ out of the diehard fans. ;)

Beast
11-11-2002, 01:31 PM
There will be basic "Theatrical Editions" of TTT and RoTK, which will be followed by the "Extended Editions" of each film. Peter Jackson considers the "Theatrical" and "Extended" versions to be totally seperate beasts. So the same thing is planned for both of the sequels.

By the way, the "Extended Edition" is far superior, in my opinion. As it expands on the relationship of the fellowship, and gives us more backstory on the charecters. I can understand though, how some people can be happy with the basic "theatrical" edition. Plus there is a super-mega-ultra-godly boxset planned for 2005 or so. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jek Porky 2002
11-11-2002, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Plus there is a super-mega-ultra-godly boxset planned for 2005 or so. :)

I would probably end up buying that, I think, but the extended versions would just be too much!

Beast
11-11-2002, 01:48 PM
I don't know, I still say that anyone who is a fan should atleast pick-up the basic "Extended Edition". It's not like you need to buy the expensive 5-disc boxset. The 4-disc one is fine. All the 5-disc gives you that is extra is the National Geographic Documentary disc, 2 bookends, some cards, and a magazine. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

darthvyn
11-11-2002, 03:14 PM
yeah, but the bookends are REALLY COOL... i'm asking for it for x-mas.

sith_killer_99
11-11-2002, 04:11 PM
Yep, I think I will be going for the super-mega-ultra-godly box set planned for 2005 or so.

Will that one also come with the book ends! That would be sooo cool, like this one time at band camp...

Eternal Padawan
11-11-2002, 05:41 PM
The bookends in the Two Towers five disc set will be little statues of Ornthanc and Barad-Dum. ;)

2-1B
11-11-2002, 07:40 PM
I don't know, I still say that anyone who is a fan should atleast pick-up the basic "Extended Edition". It's not like you need to buy the expensive 5-disc boxset. The 4-disc one is fine. All the 5-disc gives you that is extra is the National Geographic Documentary disc, 2 bookends, some cards, and a magazine. :)

:rolleyes:

Are you saying the 4 disc isn't expensive?

Guess I'm not a fan . . . :D

Beast
11-11-2002, 07:46 PM
The 4-discer isn't that expensive. I've seen it for around $27.00, which isn't bad for a 4-disc set for a movie. Plus you get $5.00 off from buying the 2-discer, and there is a free pass to TTT in the case. Hell, before the TRU ad, most of you were willing to pay $15.00-$20.00 for AOTC's. :p :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

2-1B
11-11-2002, 07:53 PM
I stand corrected!
I just read about Best Buy's prices, listed at 27.99. Wow, I assumed it would be 60 - 75 clams for the 4 disc set!
:)

Beast
11-11-2002, 08:01 PM
Like I said, and then with the $5.00 off for mailing in the reciepts and P.O.P and the coupon good for a free admittance to TTT (valued up to $10.50), your basically paying around $13.00 bucks for the Extended Edition in the end. And Best Buy has the 5-discer for $49.99, which after the $10.00 mail-in rebate and the free pass, it comes out to around $30.00. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

scruffziller
11-14-2002, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
The bookends in the Two Towers five disc set will be little statues of Ornthanc and Barad-Dum. ;)

I would think it the bookends would be of the 2 Towers themselves.

Pendo
11-14-2002, 02:01 PM
I've not reat ROTK so any ideas to what the bookends for that movie would be?

PENDO!

Beast
11-14-2002, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by Eternal Padawan

Originally posted by scruffziller
I would think it the bookends would be of the 2 Towers themselves.
*smacks forehead* Those are the names of the Two Towers in the film. :p :) But from what I understand so far, is that there won't be bookends for TTT and RoTK. The bookends from FotR are meant to hold up the entire Trilogy when it's released. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

scruffziller
11-15-2002, 12:34 PM

*smacks forehead* Those are the names of the Two Towers in the film. :p :) But from what I understand so far, is that there won't be bookends for TTT and RoTK. The bookends from FotR are meant to hold up the entire Trilogy when it's released. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Dang Jar Jar, now I have been spoiled!!!:mad: :p :D

I have never read the books.