PDA

View Full Version : Resident Evil



Rogue II
11-11-2002, 02:35 PM
Ok, you guys helped me out before when it came to wrestling games. Now I need some help with Resident Evil.

Which Resident Evil on what platform is the best? I played one of the Resident Evil games on the PSone once.

I have a PC, PS2, and N64.

Wolfwood319
11-11-2002, 02:52 PM
Well RE for the Game Cube is my favorite, and the best looking. RE2 for PS1 (or PS2) is the most action based. They're all pretty much the same, its just personal preference. Your best bet is to play them in order, to get the story.

James Boba Fettfield
11-11-2002, 04:26 PM
If you have an N64, then you might be able to find Resident Evil 2 for it. Or you can get it for your PS2, since they are backwards compatible (right?)...I have no idea about PC, not sure how many of the games are on it. Right now, Resident Evil 1 on GameCube is the best. It's so pretty. But Resident Evil 0 on the GameCube may take the title from it. Just buy a GC, they've got Capcom pledging the whole series to them exclusively. Then there's Resident Evil online coming to PS2....just aviod the light gun game. That is all.

mrmiller
11-15-2002, 01:19 PM
RE Code Veronica on PS2 or Dreamcast. That game was great. I'm waiting for the remake of RE2 for gamecube- it should be the best.

=MATT=

Lord Malakite
11-15-2002, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by mrmiller
I'm waiting for the remake of RE2 for gamecube- it should be the best.

=MATT=

I hate to tell you this, but I doubt that will be the case mrmiller. RE2, RE3: Nemesis, and RE: Code Veronica for the GCN are going to be straight ports. No enhanced graphics, new puzzles, added weapons, new monsters, or added story. They only did that with RE to show off the potential of the GCN for their future releases, RE0 and RE4. If you want a game that resembles RE on the GCN, you'll have to wait for RE0 and/or RE4.

James Boba Fettfield
11-15-2002, 01:35 PM
Wait for Resident Evil Zero, you say? It's already out, and RE4 is totally different. It is going to be full 3d and star Leon Kennedy! *doing super fun happy dance* Yeah, Malakite speaks the truth. Those games will all be ports, which means they are also going to be discounted prices, yes this has all been confirmed.

mrmiller
11-15-2002, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by Lord_Malakite


I hate to tell you this, but I doubt that will be the case mrmiller. RE2, RE3: Nemesis, and RE: Code Veronica for the GCN are going to be straight ports. No enhanced graphics, new puzzles, added weapons, new monsters, or added story. They only did that with RE to show off the potential of the GCN for their future releases, RE0 and RE4. If you want a game that resembles RE on the GCN, you'll have to wait for RE0 and/or RE4.

Boo! Well then, it's Code Veronica for my vote.

=MATT=

James Boba Fettfield
11-16-2002, 08:45 PM
http://myhome.hanafos.com/~jlee92886/biohazard4.mov

There's a video teaser thing for Resident Evil 4.

Nexu
11-16-2002, 09:00 PM
Code: Veronica is an awesome game. Kinda slow at the beginning, but is an awesome game.

Lord Malakite
01-21-2003, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by James Boba Fettfield
Those games will all be ports, which means they are also going to be discounted prices, yes this has all been confirmed.

Not much of a discount. Both RE2 and RE3: Nemesis are out for the GCN. Capcom had said these games would be selling around $20 a piece since they were straight ports, but they are going for $40 a piece.

James Boba Fettfield
01-21-2003, 11:58 PM
Don't quote my post from months ago! At that time of the year it was understood by all that these games would run for around $20, not this $40 garbage they're pulling on us now. I was thinking about picking up 3 and Code for the $20 price, but not $40. Come on, you can still find the copies for the other systems for $10-$15 right now. Yeah, thumbs down to whoever had the idea to make the games cost $40.