PDA

View Full Version : DVD Easter Eggs

JEDIpartner
11-11-2002, 04:27 PM
Has anyone who has gotten the DVD "early" found any access to the Easter Eggs on it?

El Chuxter
11-11-2002, 04:47 PM
I've not got the disc yet, but I understand that the gag reel is accessed the same way as the one on the TPM DVD (11-3-8 on the Options screen), and the cut scenes documentary contains "goofing around" CG and outtakes similar to those on TPM.

Beast
11-11-2002, 05:14 PM
Here's full instructions on how to find the two easter eggs on the AOTC's DVD. I don't know if there are more, I'm trying to locate the news. :)

Disc 1: Go to the Options Screen and highlight the THX Logo. Then Press 1-1-3-8 on your remote control. Some remotes require you to press 10-1-3-8 instead. This will unlock the DVD credits and blooper reel.

Disc 2: Go to the Dexter's Diner submenu and highlight the "Main Menu" selection on the screen. Press left on your remote, and you will highlight a poster on the wall behind Dexter. Press enter and you will be taken a gallery of hand-drawn E2 posters that were used to promote the film at colleges.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JEDIpartner
11-11-2002, 05:17 PM
COOL!!!!

I was hoping to hear more about the gag reel on the boards, but it seems like we are just getting "gripe" threads! Ahhhhhh... just remember the days gone by when everyone was looking forward to this release! ;)

Lord Tenebrous
11-11-2002, 06:16 PM
The college posters are silly, and you can find them if you know the websites they were featured at. There were about 9, I liked maybe 2 of them.

The gag reel is better than TPM's in my opinion. You can download it at natalieportman.com, not a bad idea as many people couldn't access TPM's until a link was created on the DVD-Rom site. But for those of you who can't wait, here's the rundown.

1) Hayden and Natalie arguing on ship on Tatooine. Nat tells Hayden to let go of her, but Anakin had already let go. They laugh.

2) Hayden in Airspeeder, pulls steering lever out, does a little "oops" face.

3) Coruscant bus scene. All goes well until Artoo gets stuck. Ewan pushes him a little.

4) Temuera in Jango armor, tapdancing with umbrella.

5) Natalie on Shaak animatronic. She falls off the back of it.

6) Hayden and Christopher fighting. Hayden falls off the stage.

7) Hayden running through Coruscant extras. He falls as camera glides away.

8) Natalie and Hayden on freighter eating. Hayden takes a sip, and grimaces, remarks, "God, that's hot." Nat smiles as Hayden holds his mouth.

9) Temuera (again in Fett suit) swings, takes a step back, and falls off Kamino set with a thud.

10) Hayden and Natalie in Coruscant apartment (after he had killed the kouhuns). Runs out of the room, trips over Rose Byrne (Dorme), and crashes into the wall. Nat laughs in bed.

11) Ewan in the Airspeeder. It's rocking back and forth, so he starts swaying with it, big grin on his face.

12) Natalie rehearsing Conveyor scene. Stops and says that it's a big joke and won't be in the movie. Lucas disagrees.

13) Rick McCallum being himself.

Beast
11-11-2002, 06:24 PM
Geez! Apperantly Hayden Christian has two left feet. Man, I'm suprised he didn't hurt himself, as many times as he falls down in the blooper reel. By the way, if you can't access the Blooper Reel with the code, someone will probably post tommorow what track to select to bring it up. I'll keep my eyes out for it. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Lord Tenebrous
11-11-2002, 06:46 PM
Actually, I'm not sure which animatronic it is, because Hayden isn't in his meadow outfit, but Nat is. So, for now...Natalie fell off the bucking blue thing. :D

LTBasker
11-11-2002, 06:54 PM
Cool, I won't have to care much about not being able to access it since I haven't got a PS2 DVD remote. :happy:

Pendo
11-12-2002, 03:25 AM
To access each menu screen, here's the codes:

To access the Coruscant menu scheme, during the Attention warning screen, press "Audio".

To access the Kamino menu scheme, during the Attention warning screen, press "2".

To access the Geonosis menu scheme, during the Attention warning screen, press "10+", "2", "2".

PENDO!

JEDIpartner
11-12-2002, 07:59 AM
Thank you to all who responded! Those sound perfectly hilarious!!!

JON9000
11-12-2002, 12:51 PM
Right on! I can't wait to get home and try these out!

Mandalorian Candidat
11-12-2002, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by Pendo
To access each menu screen, here's the codes:

To access the Coruscant menu scheme, during the Attention warning screen, press "Audio".

To access the Kamino menu scheme, during the Attention warning screen, press "2".

To access the Geonosis menu scheme, during the Attention warning screen, press "10+", "2", "2".

PENDO!

I've tried this on my EP1 disc and the audio button never works so I can never get to Naboo.

Thrawn is reporting in the news section that if you press 1 (Coruscant), 2 (Kamino), or 3 (Geonosis) opn the warning screen you can also get to the different menus.

Jayspawn
11-12-2002, 02:56 PM
HELP! I'm trying to access the gag reel on disc 1. But I can't get it! First I go to the Options menu. Then i JUST highlight the THX logo. I press 1138 or 10-1138 and what happens next? Where does the gag reel show up?

I pressed in the numbers and nothing happens.

Mandalorian Candidat
11-12-2002, 03:03 PM
Hey Jayspawn, I have cheap-o player so I have to press 10, then 1, then 3, then 8. When I put in 10 it stays on the screen, then changes to 11 when I enter the 1. Some players have a 10+ button, I believe, so maybe you need to try that instead of just 10. Don't try 10-1138, because that will come out as 11138, not 1138.

Beast
11-12-2002, 03:38 PM
Yeah, my bad. I added another one on accident. :( Going to change that now, so it doesn't confuse anyone. By the way, here is the third way to access the blooper reel, if the code doesn't work. :)

Alternatively you can also directly access Title 3 on the DVD for this feature. Please consult your player’s manual how to directly access titles as every player is handling this differently.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediJeff77
11-12-2002, 05:02 PM
Does anyone know how to get this to work on an xbox?
Thanks!
-J

AT-AT Man
11-12-2002, 08:34 PM
hey my out takes wn't work i'v tred and tried, they also dont work on my ep. 1 DVD

Dar' Argol
11-12-2002, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by Jayspawn
HELP! I'm trying to access the gag reel on disc 1. But I can't get it! First I go to the Options menu. Then i JUST highlight the THX logo. I press 1138 or 10-1138 and what happens next? Where does the gag reel show up?

I pressed in the numbers and nothing happens.

Ok, this is for all those ppl having problems accessing the Gag reel. I have found this to work on most players, including PS2. Its a bit different them what you've been seeing, just a bit.

Disc 1 - Go to Options. After you enter that screen enter 11. The screen will pause for a scecond and the THX logo will be highlighted . . . ignore it. Then enter 03. Once again the screen will pause. Then enter 08. At this point the screen will go black and the Gag Reel will start.

This also works on the E1 disc. Its the same thing.

Enjoy:D

JediJeff77
11-12-2002, 11:17 PM
Problem is, whith the xbox, you only get 'selection unavailable' when you push the numbers on that screen...
I dunno...
-J

JON9000
11-12-2002, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by Dar' Argol

Ok, this is for all those ppl having problems accessing the Gag reel. I have found this to work on most players, including PS2. Its a bit different them what you've been seeing, just a bit.

Disc 1 - Go to Options. After you enter that screen enter 11. The screen will pause for a scecond and the THX logo will be highlighted . . . ignore it. Then enter 03. Once again the screen will pause. Then enter 08. At this point the screen will go black and the Gag Reel will start.

This also works on the E1 disc. Its the same thing.

Enjoy:D

THanks D, I was having difficulties and readdy to tear out my hair!

Beast
11-12-2002, 11:38 PM
*This is a special bulletin, from your friendly neighborhood DVD fanatic*

While X-Box's and PS-2's are nice as starter DVD players, they do not have the ability to access all DVD features like a typical standalone DVD player can. So if you ever get a chance, purchase an actual DVD player. You'll be alot more satisfied with your DVD viewing experience. We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

tagmac
11-13-2002, 12:14 AM
I just watched the bloopers, and I couldn't stop laughing....Hayden Christiensen is the biggest klutz in the boy-band loving universe, LOL!!!!

Also loved the part where Jango falls off the edge.....they shoulda' left that one IN. :D

2-1B
11-13-2002, 03:21 AM
Yeah, I just access mine by entering Title 3. :)

I really like that gag reel, how far did Hayden slide when he went headfirst down the streets of Coruscant ? :D

As for Hayden and Padme on that blue gimbal, it's from a scene cut from the production - they are riding back to the retreat on a Shaak and I don't know how much of it was finished . . .

JEDIpartner
11-13-2002, 07:36 AM
I LOVE Natalie's laugh! It was REAL! Hayden is super-klutz and I think I like him more now because of it! Great, great gag reel. I wish they had more.

InsaneJediGirl
11-13-2002, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
I LOVE Natalie's laugh! It was REAL! Hayden is super-klutz and I think I like him more now because of it! Great, great gag reel. I wish they had more.

Yeah,the gag reel was much better than the Ep1 gag reel,a lot more content.I'd say the best part of the Ep2 gag reel was Hayden tripping over
a few folks and landing head first into the set(Bedroom scene).

derek
11-14-2002, 07:45 PM
these "easter egg" things are very anoying. i got it to work yesterday, but now i can't access the blooper reel. what's the point of hiding stuff on a dvd anyway?

Deoxyribonucleic
11-14-2002, 08:02 PM
there's also two extra featurettes for anyone who has dvdrom capabilities and the "advertisement" walmart was using to, well....advertise the aotc dvd is there too!

Enjoy!

Mandalorian Candidat
11-14-2002, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by derek
what's the point of hiding stuff on a dvd anyway?

What's the point of doing easter eggs if the producer is going to blab about how to find them? The fun part is hunting around and finding them on your own, not making them difficult to access even when you know where it is!

JEDIpartner
11-15-2002, 08:42 AM
I don't like looking for them. One of my co-workers who is in the I.S. unit here is such a tech-head and didn't even know about the ones on TPM DVD! I told him how to get to them. Just put them in plain sight. It's so stupid, really.

kadamontaga
11-17-2002, 02:36 PM
I can't get to the buggering gag reel.
I play DVDs through my computer using the PowerDVD software, I've also tried using Media Player and WINDVD.
I've tried going to the 'Language Options' screen from the Main menu, and then highlighting the THX logo and typing the numbers specified above. And I've also tried using the software's inbuilt numpad thingy to type the numbers.

Finally, I've tried using GoTo > Title 3, and I have to choose between Chapter 1 and Chapter 2. Chapter one is the 20th Century Fox screen, and Chapter 2 is the THX intro thing.

Has anyone got any more ideas?

Being in the UK, I'm using the Region 2 DVD. Can anyone confirm that the Region 2 DVD comes with the gag reel? The easter egg in Dex's Kitchen is there, so I'd imagine the Gag reel is as well.

kadamontaga
11-17-2002, 02:48 PM
Nevermind, my girlfriend found it somehow on her computer.
She found it under "Title 15".

Darth Sidious
11-17-2002, 08:03 PM
Could someone please post pictures of some of these scenes? (Preferably the Temuera ones) I don't have a DVD player, and I'd like to see them. Thanks. :)

gibbyhayes
11-17-2002, 11:57 PM
Hey troubleshooters! Amidst all this access info, somebody (OK I guess that would be me) needs to step forward and say "The sun will rise tomorrow if you don't see these outtakes". It's just a few scenes - I saw it once, forgot it, and will likely never watch it again. Save your time, and quit pulling out your hair.

sunblind
11-20-2002, 11:40 AM
While scanning the corsacant chase sence. I was going frame by frame looking for the tie and xwings supposedly to be in there. I didnt find it. Anyone know at what point in the chase do they appear?

Darth Vellner
11-20-2002, 11:44 AM
If you listen to the Commentary they tell you where and when to look (bottom left of screen):D

Update: Go to "Chapter 7 (Speeder Chase)"
*With Commentary on*
skip to (time) 16-min/50-sec into the movie and listen to the commentary by Knoll {you can see it in the bottom left of screen at 16-min/57-sec......

OC47150
11-21-2002, 03:31 PM
I can't get the gag reel either. I think it has to do with my DVD player. When I punch in the 1-1-3-8 code at the correct place, it jumps to the THX setup program. Frustrating.

Pendo
11-21-2002, 03:39 PM
Try 11-3-8, you might be doing 01-01-03-08 (if ya know what i mean). It is an eleven, not two ones.

If that doesn't work you can jump straight to title 3.

PENDO!

OC47150
11-21-2002, 03:44 PM
I will try that but I think the remote only allows for single digits.

Deoxyribonucleic
11-21-2002, 04:38 PM
Don't punch in the numbers all at once either. On mine I type 10+ and thx flashes, then 1, thx flashes, then 3 and so on. If I type them in all at once without pausing, mine does the same thing....goes to thx menu.

good luck

OC47150
11-22-2002, 07:26 AM
I noticed a feature on the remote that I hadn't seen before, where you could punch in double digits. I got the '11' in, and the THX logo turned green. When I tried the '3,' the indicator jumped to the Dolby setting.

This was the first time the THX turned a different color for me. I will keep trying over the weekend. It's something to do on a cold weekend.

Dar' Argol
11-23-2002, 01:14 AM
When you go to punch in the "3" are you just punching a straight "3", or can you do "03"??? That may make a differnece. Also rmember, the screen is going to pause a second. When it restarts, then put in the next number.

Jek Porky 2002
11-27-2002, 02:53 PM
If you've got a PS2 without a remote control and have to use the control pad, can you still access the out takes on the AOTC, or if not is there some other way.

Also it's for region 2, if that makes any difference.

Darth Shifty
11-27-2002, 02:59 PM
Hmmmm, not sure if the region 2 dvd's is that much different from region 1(JarJar, that's your cue) but you should be able to use the controller to directly access title track 3 on the dvd which will play the outtakes. I'll try it out when I get home to make sure.

Jek Porky 2002
11-27-2002, 03:07 PM
Thanks shifty!

But I think you're right.....

Jar Jar!?

Beast
11-27-2002, 03:44 PM
I'm not exactly sure. I don't have alot of experience with PS2's. Try what Darth Shifty suggested. If that doesn't work, you may have to invest in a remote for your PS2. Though, I would really suggest if you can afford it, to get a cheap DVD player. :)

They are superior to using the PS2 or the X-Box as a DVD player. I've seen numerous discussions about the pros and cons of game systems being used as DVD players. Typically, the end result is agreeing they are great first time setups, but a basic player is preffered. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

dirtybones
11-27-2002, 05:28 PM
PS2 ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dar' Argol
11-27-2002, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by Jek Porky 2002
If you've got a PS2 without a remote control and have to use the control pad, can you still access the out takes on the AOTC, or if not is there some other way.

Also it's for region 2, if that makes any difference.

I'm not sure about directly acessing the Chapter with the PS2, but I do know that you cannot enter any numbers in through the remote. I highly suggest getting the SONY PS remote though. It has a CD that comes with it that has driver updates for the PS2. Apparently with the move of technology, the PS2 was not able to play certain DVD's. The CD that comes with the remote has driver updates that gets saved to a memory card. You have to have that memory card in when you play DVD's and it will then play any DVD on the market.

Jek Porky 2002
11-28-2002, 02:39 PM
Please Jar Jar, don't take me for a cheap skate;) I have got a proper DVD player, in fact it's a very expensive Sony one, but it doesn't have any numbers on the remote, so I thought I'd try it out on my PS2, being as that has numbers when you press select on your control pad.

Oh, and it still hasn't worked!

Jek Porky 2002
11-28-2002, 02:46 PM
Well, I tryed title and then 15 and...................... it worked!

Wow, Hayden Christensen's a clumsey begger! Very funny though!

OC47150
12-01-2002, 03:04 PM
My Thanksgiving holiday was made Wednesday night when I accessed the AOTC blooper reel!!!

Dar' Argol, you're suggestion was right! '03' and '08'worked, not just '3' and '8'.

I was also able to access bloopers from TPM DVD too.

If I didn't get anything else accomplished over the holiday weekend, I did get that done!!!:D

Dar' Argol
12-01-2002, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by OC47150
My Thanksgiving holiday was made Wednesday night when I accessed the AOTC blooper reel!!!

Dar' Argol, you're suggestion was right! '03' and '08'worked, not just '3' and '8'.

I was also able to access bloopers from TPM DVD too.

If I didn't get anything else accomplished over the holiday weekend, I did get that done!!!:D

Well I'm glad to hear that worked for you OC47150! I know that some DVD players will not just reconise the "3", they need the "0" in front of it.

So how did you like them?? Both.

OC47150
12-02-2002, 07:27 AM
I laughed my butt off!!

jlw
12-29-2002, 12:13 AM
I have a couple of easter eggs I think I have found that I haven't seen mentioned before.

1. In the scene where OB1 is hanging onto the probe droid & the droid slams into the side of the building causing OB1 to let go with one hand; look behind OB1 & you will see the weather vane from Cloud City sticking out sideways.

2. In the Coruscant chase scene; I'm not sure if it is the sound of Zam's speeder or part of the music; but the sound sounds a lot like the music from Blade Runner; plus the whole chase over the building with flames shooting out of it kinda reminds me of the opening scene of Blade Runner. The original Blade Runner rules!

Now to my question. Below is a thread with info on DVD easter eggs. Are those easter eggs on the widescreen dvd or full screen dvd? I have the full screen version & cannot get any of the easter eggs to work.

Also, how do I access the easter eggs on The Phantom Menance dvd? I know I'm a little behind, but I just now got a dvd player. Guess I won't need that Beta Vision any more!! HA!

mini-rock
12-29-2002, 02:42 AM
For The Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones go to the options menu and punch in "1138" on your remote. Some players will let you type in 1-1-3-8 and some require you to use the +10 button and then 1-3-8. Enjoy. :D

Pendo
12-29-2002, 08:33 AM
Try entering the numbers in as 11, 03 and 08. You should be able to access the other easter eggs no problem.

BTW, fullscreen :mad:???

:p

PENDO!

jlw
12-29-2002, 09:23 AM
I got the full screen as a Christmas gift, I definitely plan on getting a wide screen version of both. Thanks for the help, I'll see if it works.

gibbyhayes
01-01-2003, 10:06 AM
Yeah, you should get the widescreen version and use the other as a coaster.

neonblade
01-05-2003, 07:54 PM
I can't figure it out- I've tried every thing. I've tried the 1138 is there a "-" or what?
how and on the front page under disc 2. WHat is a submenu? I wanna try these things so much.
YEah i jus tried the 1-1-3-8 but a red don't smoke sighn came up and then unselescts the thx. should i press a button 10+ or jus
1-0-1-3-8? or what please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i have now tried the 11-03-08 but its not working neither.
does " - " mean something ? is it a button or what? And will the reel pop up right away if you did it right?

Mod Note: There is no need to post 5 messages in a row in one thread in 25 minutes. This time they have been combined. Next time they may be deleted.

Dar' Argol
01-06-2003, 01:44 AM
OK, Last time.

Disc 1, go to Options.
Enter 11 (you may have to press 10+, then 1. Whatever gets you an 11 on screen)
The screen will pause.
Then press 03
The screen will pause
Then press 08
The Gag reel will start immediatly.

neonblade
01-06-2003, 03:05 PM
I'll try it but see here this is what happends. I press +10 and it brings up a little gret box up in the top right hand corner with a one. so what do i press? if i press 1 it goes away? any help?

Dar' Argol
01-07-2003, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by neonblade
I'll try it but see here this is what happends. I press +10 and it brings up a little gret box up in the top right hand corner with a one. so what do i press? if i press 1 it goes away? any help?

If when you press +10 a little box comes up with a 1 already in it . . . . why then are you pressing 1 again??? Press +10, then presss 0 and you should get the 10. Then do the 03 and 08.

neonblade
01-12-2003, 06:02 PM
Thanks,

I'll see if it works. I'll see if it turns into ten- but for the 03 and 08 do i jus press 0+3 or +10 than 3? I'll give it a try. Thanks again

neonblade
01-13-2003, 05:50 PM
well that didn't work. This really sux. I know people say they aren't that great but I wanna be the judge of that

Dar' Argol
01-13-2003, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by neonblade
well that didn't work. This really sux. I know people say they aren't that great but I wanna be the judge of that

What didn't work???

Ok, lets try it this way . . . . .explain to me EXACTLY how you are tring to do this.