PDA

View Full Version : Episode II DVD reviews

Mace Windex
11-11-2002, 11:53 PM
GET THIS NOW!!
Thanks to a stocking error at a local store I was able to pick up a copy this past Saturday. Let me tell you that I was blown away by the detail in this DVD. Even if you were able to catch the film at a digital theater that still pales in comparison to the DVD. Wait till you watch the final lightsaber duel. The scenes are brighter and more detailed.
I haven't had a chance to view all of the bonus stuff but several featurettes capture deleted scenes such as where Dooku uses two sabers. All in all very interesting and a better set than the EP I DVD. The deleted scenes were interesting but I would have preferred some extended lightsaber battles thrown in as well.
Hey George!!! Thought you were listening.
Anyway, go get your dvd at Toys R US for 9.99 on Tuesday!!!!

Mace

JesusFreak
11-12-2002, 12:41 AM
One....more.....day........

*dies of waiting*

Mace Windex
11-12-2002, 01:09 AM
Just to clarify, there are no finished deleted scenes with saber battles. The Dooku part is a behind the scenes feature. The bonus scenes are pretty basic.

MAce

JON9000
11-12-2002, 01:45 PM
All I can say here that I have not elsewhere is that the picture quality is miraculous, and the sound... Go drop your retirement fund on a great 5.1 system and forward directly to the seismic charges- BRRRRNNNNNT! This is the Best DVD Ever!

Mace Windex
11-12-2002, 10:15 PM
I just noticed an extended scene in the film. After Anakin confesses to Padme about killing the Tuskens there is an extra part where she tells him being angry is human. Ani says that he is a Jedi and is better than that. Interesting tidbit that was cut from the final film. Then scene closes with her comforting him as displayed in the original film.

MAce

BanthaPoodoo
11-13-2002, 11:37 AM
This alone is worth the $10 for the DVD.

I was surprised when they showed all the animatics for this scene that never made it into the movie. If you have been hesitating on whether to get this DVD, get off your rumps & go get it!!!

10 of the best $ I have ever spent.

Last night I watched almost three hours of just the supplemental stuff. I didn't even get to the movie yet.

Anybody else?

(And being that SW was only $10, I decided to pick up the LOTR 4 DVD Set with the leftovers)