PDA

View Full Version : How do you like the Episode 2 DVD?

Tycho
11-12-2002, 01:42 AM
UPDATED:

I got my Attack of the Clones DVD this morning!

It seriously rocks! Wal*Mart is charging only $9.87 for it today, November 12, the first day it's on sale. I suspect they are doing this because they know about Toys R Us' $9.99 price.

This will be TRU's regular price though, and I think Wal*Mart will carry the movie at its regular rate of $14 soon. My 24 hour grocery store (Ralph's) even had the movie last night, but they were charging $22 bucks for it - as they know people will pay!

But though I think the DVD is worth even that price, I was glad to get it for 10 bucks!

I also bought the VHS. It's only available in pan-n-scan but it has a unique "Star Wars Connections" video-overview at the beginning, hosted by C-3PO and R2-D2 in what looks like a Mon Calamari battle cruiser, and it shows scenes from all 5 Star Wars movies. It directly mentions that Anakin Skywalker becomes Darth Vader, setting speculation that Episode 3 won't reveal that fact blatantly, a little bit of a step back as young kids who have never seen Star Wars will learn what happens in Episode 5 by watching Episode 2. An interesting choice, though not one that applies to the DVD.

Meanwhile, back to the discs, I love the Droid Factory Menu that stomps on Geonosians while you select scenes. He-he-he.

Meanwhile, on Disc 2, check out the documentary on Ben Burt and the sound design for Episode 2 - it's on the "Movies are never finished - sometimes they escape!" title. That was fun to watch and worth seeing!

But here's the poll and the thread - you guys who've got it can really start the discussion going now!

I'll chime in again, I'm sure.

NOTE: My Walmart was not selling them even a minute past midnight. There were some pretty upset Star Wars fans at stores around San Diego county last night! But I had to wait until they opened at 7am today to get my movie. But I did get it and it's a SW holiday so far as I'm concerned!!!

So what do you think of the DVD to Attack of the Clones???

2-1B
11-12-2002, 01:56 AM
I love it, even more than I expected. Great quality, fun features, and I was really excited to watch the flick again after almost 3 months. :)

I'll be playing with this for a looooong time, and I like the fact that I can now fast forward past the few parts I don't like. :D

JangoFart
11-12-2002, 02:20 AM
I am extremely impressed with the video quality. I have a TON of DVD's and this is, by far, the best in terms of picture quality. The audio is great too; but TPM had audio just as good. The video is beyond comparison, IMO.

J

Lewis
11-12-2002, 02:21 AM
Well im speechless......:eek: What an excellent dvd, I enjoyed it better than i did at the pictures (No one talking helps or munching on something LOL) Thankyou to all who made this :p

pug205
11-12-2002, 06:52 AM
As with TPM its a well put together DVD Im very happy with it! but.... where is the cut scenes with clones on speeder bikes (makes the deluxe trooper toy look EU ) and the jedi sneaking into the federation ships to disable the droids?? Apart from that its great!

underdog25
11-12-2002, 08:05 AM
I have had a my copy since Saturday and I can say that I have seen it enough to say it is AWSOME! Great features. The picture quality, sound and effects are just mind blowing! I will wear out my DVD player watching this one.

Mandalorian Candidat
11-12-2002, 11:45 AM
I haven't opened mine up yet since I'm still at school, but I did get it around 7:30 this morning at WM. I didn't even need the TRU flyer; they were just scanning it up automatically for $10. :)

I expect it will be pretty much the same format as the EP1 DVD which is great because I rate that one as the best in my collection.

Val Da Car
11-12-2002, 12:09 PM
Got it at my local super(?) WM @ 12:45 and they Price matched it for $9.99 and I picked up one for my brother and a co-worker...no problem....and I missed the hardcore fans -(bummer since I overslept). It looks and sounds fantastic. The menu options are still not in DD but I am not an audio purist.

JediBoulton
11-12-2002, 02:12 PM
I got a guestion -- My TRU was out of the Wide screen version. Other than the little more in view -- is there ANY differences in the wide screen version and the full screen version? Meaning, are there extras that are on the WS version that I cannot get on the FS version.

Also -- do you think that there will be a collectors version released like with EPI ??

Thanks for the help...

Casual George
11-12-2002, 02:35 PM
The discs contain the same material. But why in the name of all that is sane and rational would you want to buy a pan/scan copy. Go to Wal-Mart and do a price match and get thee a wide screen copy, please!

JediBoulton
11-12-2002, 02:42 PM
George -- That is the BEST advice I have heard all day. Untill TYCHO mentioned that Wal-Mart was selling them for $9.87 -- I did not know. HELL -- I just wanted the MOVIE -- I wasn't using any rational means of thinking !!

I am soo ashamed :(

Tycho
11-12-2002, 03:15 PM
Here's some extra info on the different versions out there:

I did not buy the pan-n-scan DVD, so I can't discuss that.

However the VHS tape does have the following:

1) the deleted scenes and some notations about each of them are offered on the cassette, after the end of the movie.

2) the Star Wars Connections intro is only on the VHS tape so far as I can tell - It might be on my DVD, but I haven't explored everything available on it yet. Give me more than another 24 hours! Disc 2 is loaded!

3) In both the WIDESCREEN DVD and the VHS TAPE, in the wedding scene, Padme takes Anakin's artificial hand.

IN THE MOVIE THEATERS:

- if you saw it in a digital theater, you saw this scene play out this way.

- if you saw it in a traditional movie theater, you see Anakin reach for her with his false hand, but take it back, unfulfilled by her touch, and Padme only holds his flesh and blood, real hand at their wedding. It's actually sadder this way, and more tragic, but that ending is not shown on any home version I've seen so far.

If you look at it the other way though, in the digital ending, Padme accepted him whole, for who he was - Jedi Padawan, and injuries and all, and that emphasises her growing love for Anakin.

Maybe they should have blended both cuts, so she does take his artificial hand, but there is only a slight hesitation.

By contrast, if you notice in Empire Strikes Back, Leia doesn't even notice. She already feels very close and comfortable with Luke, and who he is, but her more primary thoughts are concerned with Han and what has become of him - foreshadowing what is to come, and which love interest Princess Leia will choose.

Just an extra thought while we're all thinking about Star Wars.

JediBoulton
11-12-2002, 03:29 PM
You know what -- SCREW IT !! -- For $9.87 and $9.99 -- I'll keep it and just go get the wide screen version. I can always give the pan and scan to my nephew for X-mas if they are the same.

TYCHO -- Interesting comment about the ending sceen. I saw the digital version -- but the theater version seems more "sinister" Enjoy the movies :)

DARTH PECKER
11-12-2002, 06:12 PM
I was the first one at the toysrus in the freshpond mall to buy it. I walked in and they were passing out sale tickets at the door got home at 10:00 am EST ( thats 7:00 am to you westcoast people) and right now i just finished watching the movie and all the special features.

Excellent dvd. set all i got to say is bring on the classic trilogy on dvd!!!!! ( by the ways does anyone have a clue when that is coming out?)

Beast
11-12-2002, 06:45 PM
Classic Trilogy on DVD, is not coming until after Lucas is done with the Prequels. So unless he changes his mind, which he often does. The earliest you will see the Classic Films on DVD is 2006. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jedi Indy
11-12-2002, 07:44 PM
How come I can never vote in the polls? I keep getting a message that say the action attempted is part of an invalid session (or something like that) What gives?

Flembar
11-12-2002, 07:47 PM
my wal-mart--toughy avenue in niles illinois--refused to price-match---even though I had TRU ad the with me

be forewarned before going there

NRPeace
11-12-2002, 10:08 PM
I really like what I see so far, but I would like to see the footage of Dooku fighting with 2 sabers. They showed a few scenes from the filming of it, but I haven't found the actual footage.

Beast
11-12-2002, 10:12 PM
You won't find the actual footage, it was cut from the film and wasn't included in the deleted scenes. The few minutes of filming the battle in the one documentary is all your going to find. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jedi Indy
11-12-2002, 11:13 PM
Here's one. I would swear the first few times I saw E2, Dooku taunts Obi-wan in their duel saying how "Qui-Gon spoke so highly of you". On the DVD, he says "Yoda spoke highly of you".

gsr-jedi
11-13-2002, 12:37 AM
I love this DVD, I found myself watching it like it was the first time. I even had an urge to cheer when it said "A Long Time Ago in A Galaxy Far, Far Away...". I really like the deleted scene at Padme's parent's house. Too much to mention, I like everything.

JediBoulton
11-13-2002, 08:53 AM
Here is something weird that happened -- maybe JJB can explain.
When I first put disk one into the machine -- I let it just play out -- I saw the "ATTENTION" message and the "Starwars Flash -- ATOC" -- then it went to the speeder chace scene where obi anakin, and zam were going to pass through the energy bars -- this is what my "Menu" window looked like. I ejected the disk and put in disk two for a sec -- looked around -- and placed disk one back in the player. This time -- my menu window changed to where the the fighter comes out of hyperdrive and I get the kamino place -- Am I crazy -- I cant the other to appear.

Also -- I was looking on disk two and there was a menu that started with the assisn droid drawing a large green box and it gave you a "menu window" of something -- I can no longer find it either. Am I finding little windows -- or am I really just crazy??

Please Help??

JarJarSTINKS
11-13-2002, 09:47 AM
I went to TRU for the 9.99 deal and all they had left was fullscreen at the 2 stores I visited. Went to Target and found a wide screen, it was 15.99 but they WOULD NOT price match! Aw well, I coulda wasted 5 bucks in gas for the trip to WalMart and got the better deal, but who cares, it is in my hands now.

CloneTrooperMace
11-13-2002, 10:34 AM
AOTC ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jedi Learner
11-13-2002, 10:39 AM
Love the discs! The picture and sound quality is excellent. Colors were jumping out at me that I didn't even know were THERE in the theatrical prints (I never saw it digitally). I especially love the changes in the movie proper (spoiler warning to those who haven't watched it yet):

Padme now reassures Anakin as he's breaking down in the garage that "to be angry is to be human," to which Anakin replies that he's a Jedi and shouldn't feel that way.

As Padme is getting up in the sand and the Clone Trooper asks if she is okay, she now says "uh-huh" instead of "YES!" (This change was also in the IMAX version). Many people (including me) thought that her response in the theatrical version sounded a little too phony, so it's good to see someone at LFL decided to redub it.

The deleted scenes we have on Disc 2 are a little mundane. Most of them are just extended dialogue shots that were either left out or shortened for the theatrical release. The most interesting are the scenes at Padme's home, but even these pale in comparison to what COULD have been included: Dooku fighting with two sabers, the speeder bike shot, Threepio getting his coverings from Padme, Obi-Wan getting attacked by Massiffs on Geonosis--the list goes on and on!

And what's up with Mas Amedda's tongue at the end of the senate scene?!? ;)

Jabba's Hit Man
11-13-2002, 11:02 AM
I bought the DVD yesterday, and I thought it was really good. The menu's are unbelievable, the music and action really brings it together.

TEE KAY-421
11-13-2002, 01:59 PM
I had to run all over town in the rain to find a widescreen EII DVD. By the time I left work(early), 3 Toys R Us stores were all ready sold out of ALL EII DVDs and video tapes. As I went to Best Buy, Circuit City, etc..., I found that most copies of the widescreen DVD were sold out. Most people were price matching with the Toys R us flyer. Finally, I wound up soaking wet at Toys R Us in Times Square. Although their EII DVD stock ran out, they RESTOCKED the shelves. WooooHoooo!!!! I picked up the widescreen DVD for 9.99 and recieved the free silver25th Anniv R2D2 after buying 2 action figures + DVD.
While it may seem like there is more competition for SW merchandise in a big metropolis like New York City, it's comforting to know that with TRU's flagship store now in the heart of town, the force is still with us!!!

Tycho
11-13-2002, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by JediBoulton
Here is something weird that happened -- maybe JJB can explain.
When I first put disk one into the machine -- I let it just play out -- I saw the "ATTENTION" message and the "Starwars Flash -- ATOC" -- then it went to the speeder chace scene where obi anakin, and zam were going to pass through the energy bars -- this is what my "Menu" window looked like. I ejected the disk and put in disk two for a sec -- looked around -- and placed disk one back in the player. This time -- my menu window changed to where the the fighter comes out of hyperdrive and I get the kamino place -- Am I crazy -- I cant the other to appear.

Also -- I was looking on disk two and there was a menu that started with the assisn droid drawing a large green box and it gave you a "menu window" of something -- I can no longer find it either. Am I finding little windows -- or am I really just crazy??

Please Help??

There are different menu backgrounds that randomly come up (*if you don't choose to control them).

Slave-One goes to Geonosis
Obi-Wan lands on Kamino
Senator Amidala travels to Coruscant and the speeders chase-by.

All have different chapter title menus, etc. It's just a little fun feature put in Star Wars DVD's.

On the Episode One DVD,

the Royal Starship goes to:

Naboo
Coruscant
or Tatooine.

It's the same type of feature. It's anybody's guess, but will Coruscant be a location for Episode 3's DVD menu? It would seem likely since a lot has to take place there.

ANH: - Tatooine, Death Star, Yavin (unless they do Blockade Runner and Falcon interiors)

ESB: - Hoth, Dagobah, Bespin (unless they do an asteroid field or a Star Destroyer).

ROTJ: - Tatooine (Jabba's Palace), Death Star II, Endor (unless they do Dagobah and the inside of the Calamari cruiser.

I bet the Falcon or an X-wing will fly you around to all the locations when they make Classic DVD's. Cool, huh?

jpak001
11-13-2002, 03:27 PM
Awesome quality DVD's! Really happy with them.
Definitely on par with the TPM DVD's (which is the best DVD release yet IMO).

I really did want them to include the scenes that Jedi Learner was talking about (especially the extended Dooku/Anakin fight).
Anyone know if they'll ever release these scenes?

BTW: My TRU was sold out in the 1st hour & Best Buy would not price match so I said "screw it" and paid the $15 (well worth it!). Also got the extended edition of Lord Of The Rings, 4 DVD's for $25 = great deal!

Bib Forlobster
11-13-2002, 07:14 PM
I voted that the DVD's are what I expected. I expected them to be great!!!!

I really like the quality and extra features. However, I was hoping that the deleted Geonosis battle scenes would be included. I thought that was one of the reasons why they decided to make the deluxe trooper/speederbike. Oh well, I'm sure they'll be included years from now when Lucas decides to release the "Ultimate Collector's Editions" six-pack with even more stuff you didn't know about for a limited time only. How many times have you purchased the Original Trilogy?

I need your help. I'm really quite embarassed asking this, but I'm having trouble finding two features on the second disc. I cannot find "Film Are Not Released, They Escape" and "R2-D2 Beneath the Dome". I looked for a while, but none of my menu options were offering these. How do you access them? Has anyone else had this problem? If not, I'll really feel like an idiot

Beast
11-13-2002, 07:27 PM
Bib, go to the Dexter's Diner section of Disc 2. The Mockumentary Trailer and the Sound Featurette are located there. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Quite-Gone Jim
11-14-2002, 08:32 AM
I have to say, the video is the best I've ever seen on a DVD. I guess the digital filming really did pay off. As a matter of fact, I liked the DVD video quality better than when I saw this in the theater.

I only voted about what I expected because the Audio was crap. The voices where like whispers. If I wanted to hear people talk I had to crank up the volume on my surround sound system (-39 db). But I had to turn it down when it came to explosions otherwise they didn't sound good (-54 db). Compare this to the other DVD I just got (FOTR -extended edition), I never had to adjust the volume during the film to hear anything.

Banthaholic
11-14-2002, 12:38 PM
The best is watching the Deleted scenes and being able to get a glimpse of the forthcoming Jedi Analysis droids.

I had to feel sorry for the actors who played Padme's family though, that didn't get there 30 seconds of BoShek sort've fame.

OC47150
11-14-2002, 12:43 PM
The picture quality is amazing! I noticed a sheen on Mace's bald head and R2's silver dome that I didn't notice in the theatre.

I do wish the Plo Koon and Ki-Adi commando raid sequence had made the deleted scenes feature, but I can live without that.

Pendo
11-14-2002, 12:45 PM
I voted for "Its as awesome as seeing the movie my first time!". I would have voted for "Its even better than I expected!" but didn't because it couldn't get any better than I expected. It was just how I imagined - PERFECT!

PENDO!

InsaneJediGirl
11-14-2002, 01:13 PM
Much better than I expected as well.The picture quality and sound are much better than other DVDs I own(even TPM).The deleted sceens were great,especially the two at Padmes house.I wish there would have been more,like Ploo Kloons anbd Ki's raid however ;)

JediBoulton
11-14-2002, 01:17 PM
Thanks Tycho -- I'm glad I was not going crazy ..

scruffziller
11-14-2002, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by Tycho
UPDATED:

I got my Attack of the Clones DVD this morning!

It seriously rocks! Wal*Mart is charging only $9.87 for it today, November 12, the first day it's on sale. I suspect they are doing this because they know about Toys R Us' $9.99 price.

DANG!!!!!!!:mad: My WAL MART didn't have that deal going on!!!

jedi master sal
11-14-2002, 03:52 PM
I guess I'm getting Jaded. I thought there would be more. I'm still HIGHLY disappointed by the deleted scenes. They should have all been included. at least the action scenes. As others have mentioned, who wouldn't want to see old guy Dooku wielding two sabers, biker clones, Jedi assault on droid control ship. You'd think that with all of the fan frenzy about the deleted scenes that they could have included them. Just another instance of ol'' George not giving into the fans. Yeah it's his story but it's ours too. (And we paid for it!) Why not give us those deleted scenes. I bet the same will happen to those ANH scenes. we'll never get the Luke looking up to the Star Destroyer or the Biggs coming home scene or Luke's friends.

More easter eggs please.

Still. I voted that this is what I expected. Some nice extras

I haven't got the LotR:FotR expanded DVD but just from what I'm hearing this blows away the extras in AOTC volume wise and content wise.

Any opinions?

Beast
11-14-2002, 04:04 PM
Those scenes were never completed JMS, thats why they weren't included. You do get to the the pre-visualzations of the CloneTroopers on Speeder Bikes and the Tank Droid on the battle field. Lucas never includes scene trims in deleted scenes, he's stated that before. That's why you don't get the cut Dooku/Yoda stuff. Also because that was never finished either. Same with the Droid Control Ship raid. While most of the filming was completed, they never finished the shots, as it was deleted during filming to try to tighten the story up some. Those ANH scenes we will get, since they are full scenes, and not trims. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

otisdodge
11-14-2002, 04:08 PM
Don't get me wrong. I love the movie. I have watched it three times since I got it at 12:15 am Tuesday. I just voted that it was okay for some of the same reasons others have mentioned--more deleted scenes and stuff. The additional problem I have is that my computer isn't playing it well. We all know that computer dvd players hesitate sometimes, but mine usually doesn't have a problem--three times or less per movie, usually near the beginning, and better if I restart before playing the movie. The two times that I have watched Ep II on my computer so far, it has skipped every two to five minutes through the whole movie!

JarJarSTINKS
11-15-2002, 01:33 PM
whwen, does anybody know when the dang original trilogy is coming out? and not the hong kong version? those blow doors off TPM and AOTC. I know it's a hand up a puppets ***, but its waaay better than digital Yoda!

OC47150
11-15-2002, 01:55 PM
'05 at the earliest. That's what the Flannel One says.

Beast
11-15-2002, 02:03 PM
Actually, it's more like '06 at the earliest. 2005 is the year for E3, so you aren't going to get the OT that year. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Tycho
11-15-2002, 04:28 PM
After 2005 and the release of Episode 3, George Lucas wants time to make changes, possibly like some of the ones I want in the following:

A NEW HOPE:

1) When the Devastator blows the Tantive IV's radar dish, I think some more green lasers that miss, should be shown, in addition to the blast that hits. After all the lasers the Star Destroyer was shooting...

2) When the Falcon escapes the Death Star, I think some exterior shots of the Falcon under Chewie's piloting, should be inter-mixed with the gunner station scenes (with nothing cut out, just the music extended so that it all plays to the right tempo). Then we can see the Falcon twisting and fighting against the TIEs. Their destruction should remain exaclty the way it is.

3) On the approach to Yavin, all should be kept, but once the Falcon enters the moon's atmosphere, a wide shot of a lot of the Massassi Temple ruins with the Falcon flying between them towards the Great Temple, would be a cool 1-sec addition to further establish a planet barely seen. Then the new landing shot should come in, a SE addition that I personally like.

4) Greedo should not fire first! But this is unlikely to change since Lucas did this to make Han more p.c. That's crap in my opinion, but it is the greatest offense of the SE.

5) Jabba will be redone in the added scenes to make him look more like the Jabba from ROTJ but for the Docking Bay 94 scenes.

6) In the trench run, while the Y-wings are going at it, you see all six ships in there: the 3 Rebs, and the 3 TIEs. You could drop in similar shots of the X-wings in that manner (with the TIEs) for Red Leader's and Luke's trench runs. I'd love to see Biggs, Wedge, and Luke in there (from the exterior) with Vader and the TIE's. Instead you see 1 X-wing at most (save for a rear shot when Wedge gets hit).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK

While nearly perfect:

1) In the Battle of Hoth, after seeing how much stuff is going on in the Battle for Geonosis, I think several drop-in shots of more AT-AT's, AT-ST's, and Snowspeeders fighting them would be nice.

2) Also, seeing the Snowtroopers disembark for Ground Assault would rip! Plus seeing them advancing on foot like the Battle Droids did in E2 would seriously kick! Go Snowtroopers!

3) Finally, as Rebel Transports evacuated Hoth, an added space battle with some TIE's and TIE Bombers making runs at them, while X-wing's and Y-wings defend them would be pretty cool. I'm talking a very minute number of pick up shots - like maybe 3.

4) When Artoo is spit out, Luke should say "you're lucky you don't taste very good." It had more wit then the SE line change.

5) Vader should just say "Bring my ship!" and not the "alert my star destroyer to prepare for my arrival" line. That was so not like him.

6) When the Falcon approaches Cloud City, one more shot of the Falcon coming over the edge of the city, then flying between the first buildings it passes, before the ones added in for the SE would be nice.

7) When Luke lets himself take the suicidal plunge off the Bespin gantry, the scream's got to go.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

RETURN OF THE JEDI:

1) When Bubo barks at C-3PO, he ought to at least be looking at him!

2) The Rancor needs to be removed and redone with CGI. The black lines have to go no matter what. It looks too fake. The Rancor also needs to move faster so it doesn't look like Luke can run circles around it all day (or so it doesn't look like it's moving in slow-motion.

3) During the space battle, an added scene of B-wings fighting, such as in the famous Ralph McQuarrie drawing, as when they entered a Star Destroyer's docking bay and blew the ship from the inside-out, would totally rock.

4) General Madine's scenes on a Corellian Corvette should be added back into the battle.

5) An overhead ground battle shot should establish why the Ewoks were able to win: hundreds of Stormtroopers but THOUSANDS of Ewoks. With 10-1 or greater odds, it should establish that the Ewoks' sheer numbers overwhelmed the Empire. The furballs were natives there. Imperial troops had to be assigned and stationed there.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

When these changes are done (or whatever George really plans to do) then he will release the Classic movies on DVD.

Possibly they will not all be re-released at once.

He said there will never be an "original theater edition" release on DVD (Han shooting first, no Jabba, original Battle of Yavin shots).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rumors I am against include that:

ANH: Bail Organa and a surface shot of Alderaan will be added for when the Death Star destroys Leia's world. If Alderaan is a setting for E3, then we don't need to see it in E4. We'll remember what Leia remembers and empathize with her. Bail Organa might be a major character in E3, but he's not a character in E4. It could be done OK, with no lines and a half-second shot, but it's not necessary.

ROTJ: Padme might be added to the ending. She is supposed to be dead, and I suspect she'll remain that way. If Leia has a holo-picture of her, I could see that. Maybe R2's carrying one. But I don't think Natalie should have any speaking lines. She's not a character in ROTJ.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In any case, Lucas does not want to release any edition of the Classic movies until changes he wants to make can be completed.

If he does that now, he can't do Episode 3 and get it out on time.

Also, Indiana Jones 4 has to fit into the schedule, so there's that too.

Lucas doesn't care that the fans want the DVD's now. He knows we'll buy them when he decides to offer them.

Plus things like "The Lost Scenes" such as Biggs and Luke at Anchorhead, and the Sandstorm in ROTJ need to be digitized, as well as scenes like the Snowtroopers and the Wampa which might never have been finished, need to be tweaked to be included in the suplimental material for the 2nd discs.

This stuff takes time.

I'd rather not buy a ton of different copies of each movie.

Meanwhile, The Phantom Menace could be adjusted so Qui-Gon's destruction of the Sith probe droid could be added in so that it makes sense why he and Anakin are running in the middle of the desert right before Darth Maul attacks.

Jargo
11-15-2002, 04:34 PM
I'm keeping the DVD under plastic wrap. Watched my pan and scan video instead. What's that? DVD is better and has a million times more features and wotnot? But I want to keep my DVD mint and boy it's going to worth something one day if I keep it packaged and never touch it or open it up. That's what collecting is all about right? I spent so much money on it i don't want to ruin it by actually using it the way it was intended to be used. The packaging is nice though, prety colors and art and stuff. Nice plastic color on the case. It's got stuff written on the back too, in writing.

Why bother watching the DVD when the force.net will post screen caps of every last tiny moment and visual? God love that website.

Bib Forlobster
11-15-2002, 07:05 PM
Thanks JJB for the info. I actually found the extra features when I went back and spent a little more time with the DVD.(Man, I feel like such a dummy.)

Anyway, it looks as though most of the TRU's around here (NJ) are sold out of the widescreen versions on DVD. If anyone is still trying to get the $9.99 deal, go to Blockbuster Video with a TRU flyer. They have big signs up advertising their price matching deal and gave me no problems. I've bought two extra copies so far to give as X-mas gifts. Blockbuster had plenty of stock on the widescreen version DVD. The Fullscreen version and VHS copy are still abundant at TRU. They also still have cases of the Silver R2's which they will give you even if you include the DVD as part of your Star Wars purchase. They don't seem to really care about it having to be Hasbro product.

Darth Spectre
11-16-2002, 05:50 PM
I suspect that the original DVDS will be completed no earlier than 2007, since that will be the 30th anniversary of Star Wars. Lucas probably would hold off releasing them to 2007, even if they were ready before that time. As far as touch ups to the original trilogy, I heard some of the music will be altered as well, such as the Imperial March being in Ep IV. And please, can we get a replacement seen in Empire to eliminate that "other" Emperor with the monkey eyes? It is going to look even more weird when we have the same actor playing Sidious/Emperor/Palpatine in 4 other movies and some other guy with monkey eyes playing him in-between Eps. 4 and 6.