PDA

View Full Version : "Breathing"

Eternal Padawan
11-02-2001, 03:47 AM
Okay, I watched Monsters Inc (very funny) and then rushed home to post what I remember of the Trailer. It's called "breathing" for reasons which will become apparent. here goes:

It's very disconcerting because it's very short and there is no dialogue, no music, just Vader's rhythmic breathing until the very end when you hear the sound of lightsaber battle. I'm still trying to figure out all the shots I saw. It starts out black with the sound of breathing then a shot of padme.
A shot of Anakin.
A shot of a spaceship flying through a canyon.
A shot of CGI Yoda.
Jango flying up in the air past some kind of tower at night.
A shot of rocky terrain. A shot of a city built on water where it's raining.
A shot of Obi Wan hanging onto something flying thruough Coruscant at night.
A shot of Padme and Ani smooching.
A shot a bunch of kids (clones I'm guessing) hooked up to machines with wires and stuff attached to their heads.
A shot of Yoda walking away fron Mace.
A cool shot of "Slave-1" flying thru an asteroid field right at camera firing bright red bolts. The effect of the lasers coming right at you is cool.
A shot of thousands of Clonetroopers walking up ramps of gargantuan spaceships.
A cool shot of Anakin and Obi Wan walking down a dark starship hallway with their sabers lit.
And a shot of the lightsaber battle with the villains back turned to the camera and the lightsaber sounds instead of Vader's breathing.
Then the Star Wars Epidoe II Attack of the Clones Title.
It's very fast. Not even 90 seconds. Some of those shots are out of order, as well. Like I said, without music it seems very....weird and creepy. But cool. You'll know what I mean in a few hours. It definitely goes by too fast.

Edit: Add these two shots also courtesy of Co Jo Da's Teaser Trailer Description thread:
Padme and Anakin hugging on Tatooine, probably outside the Lars homestead......

a shot of what looked like Obi-Wan either in a hologram, or actually suspened or hung from something.... It looks like he's been captured and strung up in an evil bacta tank...

Thes shots were in the trailer and I had to check his thread to be reminded of them. Like I said, it went by very fast...

Eternal Padawan
11-02-2001, 04:05 AM
There was also this tidbit included with the film(verbatim):

NOTICE TO PROJECTIONIST

Attached to Reel 1 of "Monster's Inc." are "Return To Neverland" Trailer #2, "Breathing" Teaser A EP 2 and "For The Birds" (total running time of all attachments, 6 minutes.) In licensing "Monsters, Inc." your theatre has promised that each exhibition of "Return To Neverland" Trailer #2, "Breathing" Teaser A EP 2 and "For The Birds" will directly and immediately precede "Monsters, Inc." with no intervening material or interruption of any kind. Furthermore, the license agreement prohibits cutting or altering the print.

"Return To Neverland" Trailer 2, "Breathing" Teaser A EP 2 and "For The Birds" are licensed to be exhibited only with "Monsters, Inc." and shall not be exhibited alone or with any other picture. This material has been delivered to you as one print, must be exhibited and maintained as one print, and must be returned as one print.

DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES separate the exhibition of "Return To Neverland" Trailer #2, "Breathing" Teaser A EP 2 and "For The Birds" from "Monsters, Inc."

Any violation of these requirements is a breach of copyright license and a copyright infringement.

We have instructed our representatives to verify the exhibition of the print as required above.

Thank you for your cooperation.

bigbarada
11-02-2001, 09:50 AM
Coolness, I can't wait till I get released from work to go see this!!

Co Jo-Da
11-02-2001, 10:02 AM
Man I can't wait till I get off work to see this Teaser and Monsters, Inc.

JediTricks
11-02-2001, 11:03 AM
Awesome post EP! Nothing personal, but I avoided your trailer rundown (along with all the others out there) because I want to be surprised by what I see. I didn't have to read everything to see that you did a bang-up job though! :cool:

The_Collector
11-02-2001, 01:03 PM
I saw the trailer at about 1:00 AM, and it was awsome! Was the guy with the Red lightsaber Dooku? I like Anikan with a Green lightsaber, but I was thinking he would have a blue one:confused:
Those clone children were a little weird looking, kinda reminded me of Lobot.

evenflow
11-02-2001, 01:41 PM
I am still going to try to get in without have to pay for the movie.

ki-adi mundi's bro
11-02-2001, 06:49 PM
i saw it and it is how EP said! very cool!

master jedi
11-02-2001, 07:30 PM
I went to see it earlier today at noon and I couldn't fully appreciate Monsters Inc. because I had the trailer on my mind the whole time. I call the trailer 'teaserific'.

Co Jo-Da
11-03-2001, 01:23 AM
The Teaser is...in a word...AWESOME...worth the price of admission it-self. Monsters Inc was a very cute and funny movie (not as good as Toy Story 2) but the short film "For the Birds" had everyone rolling.

bigbarada
11-03-2001, 01:32 AM
The trailer was AWESOME!!! BUt all the images where so fleeting that I need to watch it a few more times to try and make sense of them all. However, I think I will wait until it becomes available on the net. Monsters Inc. was alright if a little sappy and overly-sentimental at times; but For The Birds was definitely the funniest thing I've seen in a while.:D

Eternal Padawan
11-03-2001, 11:40 AM
Okay. I've seen it five times now. I'm going back for 6 thru 9 today. I missed shots of a raggedy old Watto with a funnel on his head and a metalic grey 3PO and a shot of R2-D2 in a completely dark room with what looks like a blue laser grid on the floor. Plus my first shot list was completely out of order. But it's cool to hear all the little kids in a sold out show catch their breath at the same time when it comes on the screen. Man I wish I was five years old again, experiencing Star Wars for the first time. Lucky little monkeys.

derek
11-03-2001, 12:24 PM
isn't it interesting that jar jar wasn't in this trailer? has lucas gotten the message from fans? if first impressions are correct, this film is gonna have that "dark" quality most sci-fi fans have been clamoring for. this is going to make "empire" look like a sunny picnic.

i was very impressed. and though the trailer was short, everything i saw has correctly corresponded with all the spy reports we've read over the last year.

JEDIpartner
11-03-2001, 05:19 PM
I went to the 11:30am showing of "Monsters, Inc.", which I thought was GREAT!!!

I was thinking that I picked a theatre that was "naughty" the last go 'round... but after 10 minutes of nonsense... there it was!!!

Awesome!! The only thing I DIDN'T like was the one ship that looked "too Flash Gordon". Otherwise... it ROCKED THE HIZZY!!!

:D

Co Jo-Da
11-03-2001, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
The only thing I DIDN'T like was the one ship that looked "too Flash Gordon". Otherwise... it ROCKED THE HIZZY!!!

I really liked that 50's styled rocket, yeah it's very, very FLASH GORDON-ISH but it's still cool looking (for the split second you see it).

Mike Troxell
11-04-2001, 12:39 AM
I watched it with Monsters Inc. last night and then I saw the trailer two more times today (once on my break, once while I was working---Shhhhhh :) ) and it does truly get better and better with each performance. I've noticed little nuances I hadn't seen before. All of this was included in my copious notes, but these are the points others have missed.

Approx. 5 Sec. Later--Cue music. To the best of my knowledge, this is the opening credits track from Steven Spielberg's Close Encounters of the Third Kind entitled "Let There Be Light" with short sections of Episode I percussion (from the saber battle) overlayed.

A shiny ship appears to be landing in a desert, assumedly Tatooine. My guess is that this is the cargo sh

Mace Windu is contemplating while Yoda walks away from him (may or may not be CG. I couldn't tell) to greet Padme and her entourage--she's in a costume we haven't seen previously.

The asteroid field seems much more congested than the Empire asteroid field. There are many, many small asteroids.

In the Annie/Obi-Wan shot, Anakin is holding a green lightsaber, presumably his. In the Geonosis fight shots at the end, Anakin is not holding his own green saber but instead is wielding a blue one. Dooku's saber is red.

The logo for E2 is exactly the same as E1--Star Wars: Episode II: Attack of the Clones. The Saga Continues May 2002.

On an unrelated note, the trailer for the E.T. The Extraterrestrial rerelease is fantastic. The glimpses of new scenes with the CG E.T. in them look very well done, and the soundtrack is spectacular. Never will you hear John Williams' music in better quality, and one hopes a complete 2-disc set is released for this momentous occasion. The trailer does give most of the movie away, so those who will be seeing it for the first time in the theater already know what the whole movie is about from the trailer, but that's a small qualm. Greatness in the making.

Peace.

JediTricks
11-05-2001, 03:17 AM
Pretty cool, I have it on my PC now in a fairly good quality and it's not bad for a 30-second preview. The only thing that caught my eye as not fantastical was Jango's ascent, it looked a bit more like something from Lucasarts than Lucasfilm; but that's really minor. It's funny, I was discussing this with Steve, and the one specific moment that stuck with him was the city over the torrential sea, while the one that stuck with me was that ship flying over the desert. I dunno if the ship was TOO Flash-Gordony though, it's one of those things I'll wait to decide upon when I see more of it.

Obi-Wan hanging in mid air, that was wild, I don't know what to make of that, but it looks like a cool shot. I don't think it's a hologram or the Force doing it either.

Mandalorian Candidat
11-05-2001, 12:22 PM
...WOW!

I thought this teaser trailer was much better than the one for EP1. The only letdowns are that, at least for those who haven't followed along for every spoiler, is that I have no freaking idea what was going on for any of the shots as they fit into the whole context of the plot. The other thing I didn't like is that it was only 30-60 long. I hope the dvd.starwars site has more to offer Friday.

I was wondering if the green planet, with the ship flying in to land, was either Naboo or Alderaan. Same with the water city. If it was from Alderaan or another planet.

The best two shots IMO were the troop ship with the thousands of clones walking up the ramp and the one with Jango Fett flying around.

Every shot looks great. A picture here truly is worth a thousand words but what those words are, I guess we'll have to wait.

BTW barada, you must either have seen the trailer in the theatre about a hundred times or have the QTpro version because I can't make JarJar out in the Mace/Yoda/Padme scene at all.

bigbarada
11-05-2001, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by Mandalorian Candidat
BTW barada, you must either have seen the trailer in the theatre about a hundred times or have the QTpro version because I can't make JarJar out in the Mace/Yoda/Padme scene at all.

He's REALLY tough to spot, mainly because the top of his head is cut off by the camera. But just before the scene changes you can make out his mouth as he dips his head down. It helps to be watching the Quicktime version as you can pause the whole scene and play it back frame by frame.

He is directly behind Padme and he looked sorta greenish in skin tone at first but that could just be his robes.

ki-adi mundi's bro
11-05-2001, 05:50 PM
yes...just pause it and you should see the skin and arms..

snakeplkn
11-05-2001, 08:43 PM
From looking at the trailer from just a marketing standpoint, it did nothing to entice the viewer. The casual moviegoer will know something about Star Wars, but I doubt they’ll automatically recognize much of the shots as nothing more than eye candy. The trailer has this avant-garde feel to it, as if Episode II will be dark and mysterious (hopefully). Even with Breathing ‘s radical departure, it definitely suffers at the end when the title “Attack of the Clones” appears. How can a film be taken seriously with that name? I digress … However the preview reminds me of the commercial for “Alien,” but I think the “Alien” trailer played off a lot better, creating tension and claustrophobia.

For what’s it worth, it really doesn’t matter as the public will slowly but surely be assaulted by further Star Wars previews as May creeps ever so closer.

As for what we see –

The good: at the moment Hayden Christensen has shown more emotional depth in these few seconds than Jake Lloyd will in a lifetime … Jango Fett jet action… Obi-Wan in stasis has some great lighting … and of course, Natalie Portman.

The bad: C-3PO’s evolution is nothing more than a marketing ploy, why did Lucas ever have to change his unofficial life story? … The current Yoda doesn’t look quite right …

The ugly: The desert Flash Gordon ship is downright awful, completely un-Star Wars … The water city looks like something out of Waterworld… Slave I, asteroid field – am I watching TESB over again … the Battle Droid Army, err -- Clone Army, didn’t we see the same shot in Episode I? And finally, the clone kids in blue – god save us all. I can only hope their emotions are as static as Stormtroopers

Just over half a year before triumph or tragedy awaits.

Snake Plissken
“A little human compassion”

Jargo
11-05-2001, 10:00 PM
** hum... Not bad after all the hype it did seem like an anti-climax to just get those few short seconds. Jedinet have some great still shots from the larger version. the jar Jar thing looks to be Senator Orn Free Taa instead. But then we have captain Typho and Bail Organa walking into the shot too which was cool :)

Loved the Coruscant speeder chase sequence. guess that's Zam Wessel's speeder then judging by the tiny pic of the upcoming LEGO set 'BOUNTY HUNTER PURSUIT' which comes with that same speeder and the Coruscant hotrod.

The clonetroopers looked more stormtrooper-ish than I thought they would. Kinda "** hum..." to that.

Loved the Theed landing field shot. good to see the Palace and the waterfalls again. Liked the freighter ship too. Reminded me of the Hounds Tooth though somehow...

Jango rocks. even if he does use girly little pistols. :) Boba fett clones looked like they had those deely bobbers on their heads. Remember those damn silly things evertyone used to wear with silly things on springs attached to a headband? Looked like those to me. :)

the water on Kamino looked a little under generated and the city didn't appear to be doing anything other than be a pasted on image. But maybe it's an unfinished shot?

I know one thing, we won't be getting a toy version of those clonetrooper carriers anytime ever. god they're huge!

Guess we'll have to wait until trailer two comes out for a glimpse of the lovely Shmi, or Owen and Beru. Not to mention Palpy himself and his cronies. Or indeed Chris lee...............

bigbarada
11-05-2001, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
the jar Jar thing looks to be Senator Orn Free Taa instead.

Actually, after looking at it again, Orn Free Taa is behind Jar Jar. The shot on jedinet is a little hard to see but you can catch a glimpse of Free Taa's chin behind what appears to be Jar Jar's neck.

Mandalorian Candidat
11-06-2001, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by bigbarada

Actually, after looking at it again, Orn Free Taa is behind Jar Jar. The shot on jedinet is a little hard to see but you can catch a glimpse of Free Taa's chin behind what appears to be Jar Jar's neck.

Holy freak! Have you guys ever thought about working for the FBI in their graphical analysis division?

Mandalorian Candidat
11-06-2001, 07:58 PM
OK, I finally saw the still posted on SSG and after looking at it and the trailer again (numerous times) I finally could notice JJ and the chubby senator. I guess I need to see an optomitrist (sp?).

Maybe they're offering up Jar Jar as a sacrifice to appease the angry clones.

One could only hope...;)

Co Jo-Da
11-07-2001, 12:04 AM
If you look close you can see Jar Jar right behind Senator Amidala.

http://www.theforce.net/episode2/newspics/teaser/Image22.jpg