PDA

View Full Version : FINALLY - Widevision release info ? ? ?

2-1B
11-13-2002, 03:56 AM
I've been looking for info as to when these cards are actually coming out, aaaaaaaaaaand Topps.com doesn't really say anything other than November 2002. I checked some print ads, nobody has any listed. Yesterday I called a dealer listed in Non-Sport Update and got nowhere.

Frankly I'm disappointed, because I hoped to be opening a box while watching the new DVD. :(

Anyway, an eBay search yielded the following info -- hopefully it's legit. :D

Release Date/Ship Date is Novermber 18th, 2002...This is an auction for a factory sealed hobby box of Star Wars Attack of the Clones Widevision trading cards. Look for 1 autographed card per box on average!!

That's from a buy-it-now auction, the only one currently on eBay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=734543617
I'm not buying it there, but I am actually encouraged by the price the dealer has! $59.99 doesn't sound too bad, all things considered. That's for a Hobby box, so I'm ASSUMING it means 36 packs. Usually retail boxes are 24 and hobby boxes are 36.

Heck, if I'm right about the 36 packs then it's less than $1.70 per pack. As for the autographs, I have no idea if the guy's claim is legit - if so, then I think hobby boxes are the only way to go for me because I really doubt the retail boxes will compare in that category.

If anyone has any info regarding pack quantity, I'd be much obliged. ;)

stillakid
11-13-2002, 03:30 PM
I found this:

http://216.239.51.100/search?q=cache:5EKCDDBFxrkC:www.potomacdist.com/detail.asp%3FItemId%3Dswacwvb%26a%3D1+Widevision+A ttack+of+the+Clones&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

which basically says:
Star Wars Attack/Clones Widevision Box
This is a pre-order item. Our expected ship date is November 25.

So, end o' the month, just in time for Christmas shopping. Makes a great stocking stuffer!

2-1B
11-14-2002, 02:37 AM
Yep, and now I see they are popping up more and more on eBay.
In fact, I'm seeing SEVERAL presells for just the set of 80 cards at 11.99 with Buy it Now.

I remember you are just interested in getting a set and not worrying about any inserts or anything. Well, for around $12 I think it's a pretty good deal. Not sure if it's a factory sealed set or just someone putting it together themselves . . .

Well I went ahead and ordered a full box, because I want the excitement of going for the chase cards. I figure I have 2 friends who would love a set without actually buying it, so I'm gonna put at least three together via that route. I'll see how I do with one box, and maybe I'll go for a second. I'll likely need that second set, because I know I'll pull one full set for sure, MAYBE two since it's a 36 pack hobby box. And then the second box should give me more than enough for that third set.

Who knows, maybe I'll go for 4. :crazed:

OC47150
11-14-2002, 11:57 AM
This is the most info I've read on the WV is a long time. I visited one of my local comic shops recently and the manager hadn't heard of a release date on the cards.

Except for the four tins I bought, I bought all loose packs at Target for $2 each. I'm hoping Target will carry the WV packs as well.

I haven't bought a box of cards since TPM Series 1 cards.

stillakid
11-17-2002, 04:33 PM
I pre-ordered a complete set from a Buy It Now on Ebay. Can't wait to see them!

So, if anyone has spare chase cards to sell, I'll be looking. :)

(I also need the chase cards from the previous sets as well.)