PDA

View Full Version : What happens to Boba Fett in E2?

DS-61-6
11-13-2002, 05:35 PM
So, I was thinking about this on the way home today... What do we (as an online community) think happened to Boba? He's just seen his "Dad" get his head whacked off and roll around... Something I think most of us have entertained, but still pretty traumatic at 10, I would think...

Last we see him, he has the helmet, but all the major players have run off to swat each other with glo-sticks. Is it reasonable to assume that one of the Genosians grabbed him as they were retreating and got him out of the arena safely? Could have been one of the other Separatists I guess, but my gut feeling says they bugged out at the beginning of the fight.

We know he knows how to use some of the weapons systems, but I have a hard time believing that an 10 year old kid could successfully pilot the Slave 1 away from Geonosis. Besides, where would he go? I kind of doubt that he has been anywhere other than Kamino. Can't go back there now...

Personally, I suspect the Clone Troopers (who don't know who he is) took him and placed him under the "protection" of the Jedi. Maybe they will have some idea of what to do with him...?

What possibilities am I missing here? What do you folks think he's doing and how did he get there?

El Chuxter
11-13-2002, 05:49 PM
There's a very good book called "Boba Fett: The Fight to Survive" and a sequel (which just came out and which I've not read) that addresses this very question. :)

Long story short, at the end of book one, Aurra Sing has taken the Slave I as payment for her delivery of Boba Fett to Lord Tyrannus, who promises to train him. Fett wants the Slave I back, and we all know he'll get it eventually. . . .

tagmac
11-14-2002, 04:24 PM
Actually, isn't the figure of Boba Fett supposed to explain this, that there was a cut scene in which Boba takes the helmet and jetpack and takes off in the Slave I.

Beast
11-14-2002, 04:28 PM
The figure was based on an early concept idea, that never made it into the film. This sort of thing happens all the time, because the figures have to be made when production is still happening.

But yes, after Jango gets his head lopped off by Mace Windu, Boba was going to take his Jetpack. He then was to shoot Mace a dirty look, slap Jango's helmet on, and rocket off twords the Slave 1. I'm glad it didn't happen, I much prefer the quiet moment with Boba holding his father's helmet in his hands. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

DS-61-6
11-14-2002, 04:58 PM
(All EU aside... I haven't read anything... I'm just trying to use some logic...) Back to my point though... Let's say he does take the helmet and the backpack and makes it to the Slave 1. Are we supposed to believe that he inherently knows how to fly it because he's a clone of Jango? What a load of crap! Think about how often your Mom drove you around when you were a kid. Think you could have done it when you were 10? Now imagine it's a Space Shuttle. Still think no one would notice you banging around the landing pad?

But Ok... the kid's a genius or something... Jango (knowing he was in a high risk occupation) taught Boba to fly it well enough... Where would he go? How many underworld contacts can you have at 10 and why (oh why?) would anyone take you seriously at all? Because you're wearing a helmet that is about 5 times too big for you? He'd walk into some seedy place and look like a Bobblehead for cryin out loud... I can't speak for everyone, but I know in my heart that I would get up and pick on him (well, as my alterego anyway)...

I'm not sure my brain will accept any answer at this point. I think George forgot about him in the midst of everything else and we are meant to belive that Boba lived the next 10 years by himself on a rocky planet eating pebbles, gravel, and the occassional Genosian... No wonder he was so friggin grumpy by ESB...

Beast
11-14-2002, 05:12 PM
Umm, Jango taught him how to fly the Slave 1. The novel based on E2 even mentions that fact. Boba asks Jango if he can get the Slave 1 ready for take-off, but Jango tells him no. The kid is 10, and he's been trained by Jango his whole life to be the ultimage bounty hunter. So it's not that unbelievable. Hell, kids at 10 now adays have mopeds, dirtbikes, and 3 and 4 wheelers. :p :)

The two Boba Fett books that El Chuxter have been approved by Lucasfilm to cover the story of Bob between E2-E3. So it's as close to canon as your going to get, without having it appear on screen. All the EU since around the mid 90's has had to live up to a higher standard then the older stuff.

And any of the EU that occurs between the prequel movies, has to be even more strictly controlled, so that it doesn't create problems with E2 and E3. So you are safe to read it, if you want to. Especially the novels, as they are even more closely watched then the comics stuff. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

DS-61-6
11-14-2002, 05:28 PM
Well, I guess I will have to go read them and then come up with something else to think about while driving home... (mmm... twinkies...)

dirtybones
11-14-2002, 06:14 PM
The thing that I'm wondering about more and more is the next meeting of Boba & Mace. Is it a safe bet at this point in time to say that Mace gets killed by Boba? If so, how will a 14 year old Boba Fett pull this one off? I mean Mace is the Man!! The reason I ask is because I heard that the next film takes place four years after AOTC.

As long as the next film's storyline leads up to the fourth movie I really don't care how Boba was taken care of after seeing his father's melon do a face plant.

Beast
11-14-2002, 06:17 PM
Boba has no chance of killing Mace in a fair fight. But now if Mace was distracted in a lightsaber duel with Anakin/Vader or injured, then Boba could easily kill him with a thermal detonator. Which would disintigrate Mace's body, leading to Vader chastizing Boba Fett in ESB. "No disintigrations". :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

dirtybones
11-14-2002, 06:23 PM
Jar Jar, you are G.L. hun? you always have the best answer. I hope that's how it might happen, that really could work for me.

Darth Trymybestus
11-18-2002, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Boba has no chance of killing Mace in a fair fight. But now if Mace was distracted in a lightsaber duel with Anakin/Vader or injured, then Boba could easily kill him with a thermal detonator. Which would disintigrate Mace's body, leading to Vader chastizing Boba Fett in ESB. "No disintigrations". :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Ahhhh that would be sooo great and Lucas likes to do those kinds of things... I mean look at the "why do I think you're going to be the death of me" in Attack of the Clones.
I really think that it would be awesome for Mace to have a lightsaber duel with Anakin/Vader and then he could let Boba finish him off.. it would show a lot of the character of Boba and also, more evil in Anakin. :)
I'm sure that the "no disintegrations" line must have some significance :)