PDA

View Full Version : Clone Wars: The Animated Series (merged)

Pages : 1 [2]

Kidhuman
03-29-2004, 09:33 PM
Padme will be in action in episode 15.

JEDIpartner
03-30-2004, 04:34 PM
I loved Mace Windu for the first time EVER! The only thing I didn't like was the big stompy ship. I thought that was a little silly. I would have thought they would use a giant seismic blast rather than an actual mechanical stomper.

That kid who is watching the battle is named "Paxi Sylo", according to the official site. "Silo"... duh! Get it?!! *sigh* There is a Jedi (I think) we haven't yet seen. He looks a bit like Shaggy from Scooby-Doo and his name...? "Sha'a Gi" *sigh* Where's that "Stupid names" thread again?

Hellboy
03-30-2004, 07:00 PM
Yeah the Mace episode was really cool. Dude can handle himself out on the battlefield thats for sure. It will be interesting to see how he gets himself out of this dilemma considering he lost his saber. I for one actually liked the huge stomping ship. It kind of reminded of the World Devastator ships from the Dark Empire series, only not as destructive.

scruffziller
03-30-2004, 07:11 PM
Yeah the Mace episode was really cool. Dude can handle himself out on the battlefield thats for sure. It will be interesting to see how he gets himself out of this dilemma considering he lost his saber. I for one actually liked the huge stomping ship. It kind of reminded of the World Devastator ships from the Dark Empire series, only not as destructive.
Yea Mace kicked all form of..............

That was the first thing I thought when I saw the smashing ships...."is that what I think it is!!!!!":eek: :D :crazed:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-30-2004, 08:04 PM
THIS EPISODE WAS FREAKIN' BADARSE!!! Man, Mace really kicked the crap out of those droids, even without his saber!!!! It was awesome how he was kicking droid arse with the help of the force!!! I loved all the fighting and that first scene where he had the shifty eyes and then just unleashes the force on them: AWESOME!!! And how he took down that droid ship all by himself, man o man!!! Man, this serious just gets better and better!! I can't wait to see Yoda in action!!! I still don't know about how far they can jump, kinda silly.

Also, am i the only one who was hoping that he would cut that kid in two pieces???! Maybe i'm just sick like that. :D

cheers!! :crazed:

Battle Droid
03-30-2004, 08:27 PM
How lame, if Mace is so tuff, why did he have to take 200 some Jedi to Geonosis when he should've been able to handle it himself. (according to the cartoon anyway.)

hango fett
03-30-2004, 09:26 PM
good point battle droid. but remeber, this is technically expended universe stuff. it doesn't have to make sense. but, this episode was so frikin' awsome! i want to see yoda and anikan like that!
HF

bobafrett
03-30-2004, 09:45 PM
Oh poo, I missed this, have they been replaying them later in the evening like they did the first time around?

Reefer Shark
03-30-2004, 09:54 PM
I missed the dang episode!! Ah well, will have to settle for the cartoon network.com's replay. I'm gonna watch it right before tonights episode!

stillakid
03-30-2004, 10:36 PM
good point battle droid. but remeber, this is technically expended universe stuff. it doesn't have to make sense. but, this episode was so frikin' awsome! i want to see yoda and anikan like that!
HF

Exactly, just like the Prequels. If we all just stop nitpicking and act like we're 6 again, it'll all be amazing! :p

Kidhuman
03-30-2004, 11:22 PM
Tonights episode rocked. The only thing Mace didnt do was give birth to septuplets. He totally kicked rump and took no names. Kinda funny at the end when he took the drink of water though.

Reefer Shark
03-31-2004, 12:34 AM
Damn... that was really awesome! I love that big seperatist ship with the "stomping foot" weapon. Just so damn cool! I have a whole new respect for Mace now too. That was some serious force pushing (or whatever you call it). I can't wait for the official DVD someday.

evenflow
03-31-2004, 09:44 AM
I thought that it was official that we were getting a dvd?

Kidhuman
03-31-2004, 10:00 AM
It is listed on Amazon, but not confimed definitely as of yet. I say make your own. (http://www.bejedi.com/?mode=article&k=107)

scruffziller
03-31-2004, 10:01 AM
Tonights episode rocked. The only thing Mace didnt do was give birth to septuplets. He totally kicked rump and took no names. Kinda funny at the end when he took the drink of water though.
Yea, he drank the water as if to say, "All in a days work....." :)

Yea we need to have seen alot more of that action from our Jedi in the movies.:( What planet was he on?

stillakid
03-31-2004, 10:48 AM
Mace wins! Two things came to mind. The first was, why didn't the Jedi in AOTC use that Force push thing in the arena?

Then at the end when the kid gives Mace the Coca Cola, the words, "Hey Mean Joe!" popped into my head. :D

Silent Chazz
03-31-2004, 11:32 AM
scruffziller, Mace was fighting on the planet of Dantooine. It's explained in Chapter 1 back in Season 1 where Mace is at.

Darkness Shroud
03-31-2004, 12:12 PM
UK Fans!! The new series of The Clonewars: The Animated Series begins on Monday 5th April. On Toonami Sky/Cable channel 621. Starting at 4 Pm and repeated on the hour till late.:)

hango fett
03-31-2004, 12:25 PM
maybe that was blue milk that he drank. it looked blue to me. anyways, if you guys listen to the commentary, like muah, then you would know that they ment to do an omaj (sp?) to that coca cola thing. not trying to bash anyone. just saying to watch it! good stuff!
HF

stillakid
03-31-2004, 04:48 PM
maybe that was blue milk that he drank. it looked blue to me. anyways, if you guys listen to the commentary, like muah, then you would know that they ment to do an omaj (sp?) to that coca cola thing. not trying to bash anyone. just saying to watch it! good stuff!
HF

What commentary?

James Boba Fettfield
03-31-2004, 05:15 PM
The commentary offered at the cartoon network website when you watch each of the episodes.

Mandalorian Candidat
03-31-2004, 05:22 PM
Mace wins! Two things came to mind. The first was, why didn't the Jedi in AOTC use that Force push thing in the arena?

Then at the end when the kid gives Mace the Coca Cola, the words, "Hey Mean Joe!" popped into my head. :D

LOL! That's exactly what I thought except that Mace didn't give the kid his tattered cloak at the end.

This one was really kick-A. Yeah, they made Mace out to be totally invincible and way powerful but I didn't mind at all. These are just way fun cartoons after all. Mace now outweighs Lando in terms of character coolness in my book. Hope G.Lu bumps him off classy-like and he doesn't die as lame as Qui-Gon did.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
03-31-2004, 06:49 PM
After missing Clone Wars 2 nights in a row, I finally got to see 12 and 13. These chapters were awesome! I wonder if Samuel L. Jackson has seen these yet...

Lord Malakite
03-31-2004, 06:56 PM
That was the best episode yet. :eek: I really wouldn't want to be around to see the guy who can take Mace down.

sith_killer_99
03-31-2004, 07:34 PM
Yeah, he single handedly takes out an Army of Super Battle Droids larger than the entire Army at the Battle of Geonosis in EPII. :rolleyes:

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the episode and all, but they do tend to get a little too incredibly far fetched with the cartoon.

First we get incredibly indestructible super goo Durge now Mace Windu makes Superman look like Lois Lane. :crazed:

It kinda reminds me of the 90's when all these comic book companies were coming out, and each one was trying to out do the other, by creating the toughest character.

"Oh yeah...well blah-blah-blah is sooo powerful he can destroy the entire universe...with his pinkie!" :eek:

Like I said, I am enjoying these episodes, but they are getting a little over the top.

dr_evazan22
03-31-2004, 07:59 PM
I think it was cool to see these 2 chapters, but I thought they really stretched it way too far. I could kinda see the Battle of Muunilist, with Ani and Obi as part of continuity, but this was out of the ballpark.

I did like the Coke commercial homage though.

Oh yeah ... I thought the droid 'ship' looked like the World Devastator, from Dark Empire, in basic design.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-31-2004, 08:05 PM
Decent episode tonight with some good Jedi action. It was kinda cool to see Luminaria in her meditation like state, almost like Qui-Gon before he faced off w/ Maul; sort of like they had knowledge of the inevitable.

I can't wait to see Yoda in action tomorrow! :D

Lord Malakite
03-31-2004, 08:10 PM
Yes, another good episode. Got to see how a lightsaber is made. Nice set up for tomorrow with Yoda's action sequence.

Card Dreamer
03-31-2004, 09:51 PM
I think it was cool to see these 2 chapters, but I thought they really stretched it way too far. I could kinda see the Battle of Muunilist, with Ani and Obi as part of continuity, but this was out of the ballpark.
Indeed they did. I know the Jedi are powerful, but this 2 parter disappointed me to know end. First, they made Mace not a Jedi, but an Uber God who is invincible. The numberof droids he Forced Pushed away was just rediculous and if he had that power, it would have been VERY handy in AotC. Sorry, but that was just too much to push droids away by 20 (possibly more in one scene or 2).

The enhanced Force jumps have turned practically into flying by this story. The height he leaps to enter the Droid ship was just too far fetched as well.

Now, the punching of a droid......this just seemed ludicrus...utter crap. his hands should have been hurting especially when we seen in AotC a SBD get hit by a blaster bolt and just keeps going. The kicking of the droids I don't have a prob with and thought was pretty cool. I did like his martial arts and was excited to see it, thinking it a small form of his Vapaad fighting style...until I listend to the commentary on the Ep at CTN. Nope, they just thought it'd be cool to have a jedi know martial arts. It's obvious from the way they talk about him the did NO research into character development.

Mace taking out the droid ship by himself....though I don't feel even an entire ship filled with tradition BDs would stop Mace, I find it hard to believe drestroying that one little room would send the ship into destruction. I would think they'd be smart having a backup bridge or, with a ship that size, maybe even 2. But then, these ARE the people led by a leader who makes a SSD with only one little bridge.....

Another thing is that, between AotC and a few EU sources that state (and obviously show) that the more powerful and heavily you draw on the Force, the more worn out you'll become/get. This happened to Luke a few times, and it shows on Yoda (hence the cane). Mace barelly broke a sweat.

And lastly, all the other mains look like their real life counterparts. Mace seems more in tradition with the Hasbro bad sculp Maces...simply ugly.

I did like the Coke commercial homage though.
I agree. It was very cool to see that.

Oh yeah ... I thought the droid 'ship' looked like the World Devastator, from Dark Empire, in basic design.
Definately. I thought the EXACT same thing.

don't get me wrong, I love the CW series as a whole, and especially loved the first 11 eps (#11 up there as one of my faves). But 12-13 seemed like it had SOO much potential and a truly great storyline going and it just fell short in a lot of places. I know these are only 5 min skits. But heck, had they even have had Mace show a little fatigue, a little wear...it would have improved it greatly. But with the skills and power he displayed I'm wondering just how Vader killed the Jedi :confused:

Kidhuman
03-31-2004, 09:55 PM
Wow, those twoladies kicked butt. So now Barriss is no longer a Padawan, but a Jedi Knight. Luminara and her kicked some cloaked butt. Nice set up for Yoda. Padme is gonna get some action as well on Friday. :beard:

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
03-31-2004, 10:38 PM
Can't wait for Yoda!

Reefer Shark
03-31-2004, 11:29 PM
Nice!! Another great episode!!

I thought it was cool that they had Barris and Luminara clearly using the same style. It really helped convey the Master/Padawan relationship IMO. It seemed like they were doing the exact same thing in a few shots.

I love these shorts! I think it's great that they're extremely dynamic & exaggerated. It's kinda like a cheap thrill for me ........I need more!!! I wouldn't want to see the real movies made like this, but I think it's kinda necessary (at least to some extent) for these short cartoons.

Cant wait for Yoda in action tomorrow! If they made mace this powerful, I wonder how bad-***** Yoda's gonna be???

sergiurusu
04-01-2004, 03:25 AM
even if a little bit late I want to say that I was dissapointed by that huge droid hammer. What's this: Tom & Jerry? Lucas is gone crazy... :confused:

Mandalorian Candidat
04-01-2004, 12:36 PM
even if a little bit late I want to say that I was dissapointed by that huge droid hammer. What's this: Tom & Jerry? Lucas is gone crazy... :confused:

I don't know if Lucas is necessarily writing off every detail on the cartoons. It could just be Genndy and Co.'s creation.

Yeah, 12 and 13 were pretty wild episodes but their friggin cartoons after all. Just about every toon series has a good deal of exaggeration. It's just the nature of the medium. I thought they were great and laid the foundation to show how powerful Mace is, not that he's going to do stuff like that in EP3.

Anyways, 14 was OK IMO but was a little bit of a downer after 12 and 13. I didn't find it outstanding in any regard other than the little blurb of Jedi philosophy in the beginning. So is Yoda aboard Padme's yacht? I remember seeing a screen shot of Padme in the snow somewhere so I wonder if she shows up in tonight's show.

dr_evazan22
04-01-2004, 03:10 PM
I wasn't too pleased with the Jedi philosophy part in the beginning. It was a poor attempt at saying something like Yoda did in TPM. The end of the philosophy wasn't bad, something about the crystal, saber and jedi acting as one.

I definitley liked the way Barriss and Luminara knelt down to focus their Force powers and meditate (or whatever they were doing). That, and when Qui-Gon did it in TPM, is how I think the Jedi should have been. When at peace you will know the Force. Seeing the way Barriss, Luminara and QGJ meditated is a great contrast to Ani's reckless way.

Why are Yoda and Padme travelling together?

:beard:

Kidhuman
04-01-2004, 03:14 PM
Why are Yoda and Padme travelling together?

Because it gets Padme to see action and genndy wrote it that way. Plus Yoda needed a ride. :beard:

El Chuxter
04-01-2004, 05:40 PM
So why did Bariss need to build a lightsaber, complete with the sermon? She's done it all before. :)

With the ARC-Troopers still around and Bariss gaining Knighthood, my guess is this is taking place before recent issues of the comic book.

Mandalorian Candidat
04-01-2004, 07:03 PM
So why did Bariss need to build a lightsaber, complete with the sermon? She's done it all before. :)

Maybe she's as bad as Anakin and keeps losing lightsabers. ;)

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-01-2004, 08:04 PM
Ha!! Captain Typho!!! Getting used by Yoda was just BRILLIANT!!!!

That laugh by Yoda after Typho came to was just AWESOME!!!!

Threepio's voice is a bit off; too bad Anthony Daniels couldn't do it.

Yoda kickin' some droid arse was pretty sweet too.

HOW COULD THEY CUT AWAY?!?! So, we don't know the fate of Bariss and Luminaria?!? AHHHHHH!! Curse you, Cartoon network!!

Looking forward to Padme kickin' some butt in chapter 16!

GREAT Episode! cheers! :D

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
04-01-2004, 08:55 PM
Tonight's chapter was great except for Typho's voice. Ugh, it was awful! :dead: Yoda was kick***! :)

Kidhuman
04-01-2004, 09:24 PM
Gotta agree, tonight was good. Barriss and Luiminara survived. As strong as those 2 are in the force, the could of kept those rocks from crushing them while meditating. Yoda kicked knee cap(he cant reach the arse). Padme is gonna throw down tomorrow, cant wait for that.

Tycho
04-02-2004, 01:57 AM
Yoda and Padme were cute together.

Good show.

Lord Malakite
04-02-2004, 10:43 AM
Another good episode. Yoda kicked major butt. Still, he wasn't as good as Mace's god like performance against the droid army. :D

Phantom-like Menace
04-02-2004, 11:57 AM
Even given a bit of exaggeration, the Mace episodes were vastly stretching. My roommate and I immediately made the Mean Joe comments at the end too.

Luminara and Barris were cool, even if they reminded me just how much I wanted Episode II to be a showcase of other Jedi. This episode was probably my favorite of this season, though in the first episode, I found it rather amusing when Anakin and Ventress were chasing. "That wasn't one of ours." "No, sir." "That was Anakin." "Yes, sir" I too liked how Luminara and Barris both dropped down to meditate. I loved how Qui-Gon did it in Episode I. That one move did so much for the character in my view.

Yesterday's episode was okay. I was quite fond of how Amidala reacted to Yoda's controlling Typho's mind. The one major thing I wanted to see was the rescue of Luminara and Barris, so no joy there. One silly point though. The planet is on the other side of the system? And this is a detour worth arguing over? I'm assuming they at least meant "other side of the galaxy" or even just sector.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-02-2004, 06:17 PM
The episodes have been good so far. Mace was great, Luminara/Barriss were cool, and Yoda was hot. One thing I didn't like though, Typho's voice was way too high. The guy that plays him also plays the Battle Droids, but does he also play Anakin? Also, C-3PO didn't really sound like Anthony Daniels, who I thought was gonna play him.

Kidhuman
04-02-2004, 07:20 PM
I thought he was gonna be 3PO as well. Maybe they changed his voice a tad w/ effects.

Kidhuman
04-02-2004, 09:39 PM
THis episode was OK. It could have been better. I think they just made it sopadme could see some action.

Episode 17 looks like it will be real good, a lightsaber duel. Its about time for one.

dr_evazan22
04-02-2004, 11:05 PM
I didn't see the preview, does it go back to Ani and Assajj?

Is it just me, or does Luminara Unduli look just a little bit like a Skrull, from Marvel?

I loved how 3PO was running like a sissy when the droids were attacking! Funny!

Also liked the relationship between Padme and Yoda, it's nice to see that it appears to have gotten stronger / deeper since AOTC.

Kidhuman
04-02-2004, 11:06 PM
Yes the saber duel was Asajj and Anakin

2-1B
04-02-2004, 11:30 PM
Since when is Typho weak minded ? :rolleyes:
What an absolute joke. This cartoon was goofy from the beginning but it lost all credibility there.

As for Anthony Daniels, wasn't he on deck to do the voice? I thought I read it in SWI or something . . .
Anyway, nice to see that they could keep Threeps just as annoying as he is in the movies. ;)

Lord Malakite
04-03-2004, 12:57 AM
Loved how Padme made C-3PO go into the gunfire to retrieve her cloak. :p This episode didn't add a lot to the overall plot, but it was entertaining none the less.

I'm pretty certain C-3PO is voiced by Anthony Daniels. It sounds like him to me.

stillakid
04-03-2004, 01:09 AM
How come two Droidekas can't hit one lumbering droid?

Hellboy
04-03-2004, 03:37 AM
I think the last 2 episodes have been the weakest of the series so far. I really didn't like the scene with Typho or the voice acting for this character. I don't think Yoda abusing his powers in that manner are being very true to the character we've come to know in the films either. After these episodes I hope Yoda, Padme, and the droids are limited to background characters and we get more on the battlefield type episodes. Monday looks promising with a Anakin vs. Ventress duel though.

dr_evazan22
04-03-2004, 09:33 AM
They weren't Droideka's, they are Chameleon Droids.

Mandalorian Candidat
04-03-2004, 12:26 PM
I think the last 2 episodes have been the weakest of the series so far. I really didn't like the scene with Typho or the voice acting for this character. I don't think Yoda abusing his powers in that manner are being very true to the character we've come to know in the films either. After these episodes I hope Yoda, Padme, and the droids are limited to background characters and we get more on the battlefield type episodes. Monday looks promising with a Anakin vs. Ventress duel though.

Yeah, I thought they were a let down after Mace's two cool chapters but I disagree totally on the Typho mindtrick action. It was pretty funny. Yoda wasn't abusing his powers at all. He had to convince Padme to help him save Lumi and Bariss. It was ultimately her decision, not Typho's. That's probably why he fooled with him and not her out of respect of their friendship.

Anyways, next chapter looks to be better with some good Jedi vs. Sith action. Hope the rest is centered on Ani, OB1, Dooku, Asajj, and Yoda.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-03-2004, 01:28 PM
Last night's episode was alright. It wasn't the best but it was still pretty good. Really weird though, the voice actors sounded a LOT more like the characters in that one than the first Padmé episode. I thought Padmé would have more action, but it pretty much centered around plot and dialogue, and I don't know if that was a good thing. At least she didn't fight so furiously like Mace, that's only for Jedi and would've looked really bad if she really fought too much.

Nice to know Padmé's butt is nice, even in cartoon form. ;)

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-03-2004, 01:57 PM
I actually quite enjoyed this episode; like Dr. E22, i thought it was pretty damned funny how Threepio ran when he was being shot at; very reminiscent of the films. I was hoping Padme would have a bit more action, but it was nice to see her using some tricks of her own as well as the blaster.

I was very happy to see Barriss and Luminaria alive and well. Can't wait for some lightsaber duelin' on monday! cheers! :D

Card Dreamer
04-03-2004, 08:30 PM
well, I have to say, I liked the Padme ep even less than the mace 2 parter. It was nice that they wanted to use Padme, and I was very excited at the prospect. But they completely made her whole story irrelavent. HJad she stayed on the ship like instructed, everything would have turned out basically the same. So they pretty much invalidated the whole story with that one major flaw.

Also, for Yoda to even have to ASK who would reveal the Temple's location to put it in danger was just ludicrious. I mean, they're only fighting ONE enemy with whom would have any knowledge of the place. DUH!

I dunno, I think this season is shapping up to be either complete hits or total misses with me. I loved Ep 11 and 14. The others just...beh...

Reefer Shark
04-04-2004, 07:38 PM
Anyone gonna watch the "marathon" on Cartoon Network next Friday???

I'm not... I think it's a load of crap. They're playing it in four 1/2 hour blocks spanning from 9pm to 12:30am. Obviously a ploy to try and get people to watch Cartoon Network for 4 hours, otherwise they would do it right and just play it all at once... No thanks, I'll just wait for the DVD and have my own "marathon".....

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-04-2004, 07:51 PM

I'm not... I think it's a load of crap. They're playing it in four 1/2 hour blocks spanning from 9pm to 12:30am. Obviously a ploy to try and get people to watch Cartoon Network for 4 hours, otherwise they would do it right and just play it all at once... No thanks, I'll just wait for the DVD and have my own "marathon".....
I don't know, I would if they played it in two hours straight like they should. Really though, without commercials and those stupid hosts then it'd only be about an hour. I tape them every night, so I have a VHS of them which is as good as I'm gonna get until they (or if they) make a DVD. Has the DVD even been confirmed anyway?

sith_killer_99
04-04-2004, 07:56 PM
Well, I plan on recording it on my DVR cable box, then I can go in later and edit out all the garbage and save it to DVD until they decide to release the actual DVD to market. :D

Hahahaha, and it's all covered under the "fair use" clause!

Just so long as I don't go making copies for sale on Sleazebay. ;)

Kidhuman
04-04-2004, 08:11 PM
I don't know, I would if they played it in two hours straight like they should. Really though, without commercials and those stupid hosts then it'd only be about an hour. I tape them every night, so I have a VHS of them which is as good as I'm gonna get until they (or if they) make a DVD. Has the DVD even been confirmed anyway?

This is about the only thing on it so far. You know what to click ....:beard: (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00005JMZG/qid=1081123810/sr=8-3/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i3_xgl74/002-6036697-2267265?v=glance&s=dvd&n=507846)<---------click the :beard:

JediTricks
04-04-2004, 08:28 PM

The 1-20 marathon is on Saturday, not Friday. I'll edit my news article to clear that up, it was on my mind when I wrote it and your post cemented it. I too think it's really lame to spread it out like that, especially when their regular Saturday night programming - which I'm sure they'll put in between these 4 blocks - is such a flop.

I haven't watched any CW eps past #10, so I'm going to watch the 11-20 marathon on Friday, which unlike the 1-10 marathon will only have a 30 min break in the middle (1-10 had an hour and a half break or maybe 2 hours in between).

Kidhuman
04-04-2004, 08:30 PM
Yeah 1-10 had a pokemon movie in the middle of it.

Reefer Shark
04-04-2004, 08:52 PM
Oh okay, saturday... that's cool. Still won't be watching it ;).

And I'm not sure about confirmation of an official DVD, but I would bet just about anything that it will happen eventually. Besides, there are plenty of unofficial options until we get the real deal. Since I really enjoy the series and can't wait to watch 1 - 20 straight through, I'll probably be taking one of those options... :D

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-05-2004, 08:04 PM
Dizamn!!!! The clonetroopers got their arses handed to them in a sling!!! I couldn't help but laugh when they were all getting tossed around!! I did love how that one trooper got thrown against that tree a few dozen times; that was pretty funny.

R1 dead?!?!?! Damn you Asajj!!!!

I could kill the producers for making it stop just as the duel stopped!!! I can't wait for tomorrow!!!!!!!!!! cheers!! :D

Kidhuman
04-05-2004, 08:04 PM
Dammit, got me all hyped up and to be continued. Ani is gonna whoop her.

Battle Droid
04-05-2004, 08:24 PM
What was the first thing that exploded while Anakin was in the jungle?

Lord Malakite
04-05-2004, 08:35 PM
Great episode. Clonetroopers aren't exactly living up to the movie standards the way they were tossed around like rag dolls. Looks like they are finally becoming like the Stormtroopers we are accustomed with. :D

Reefer Shark
04-05-2004, 08:55 PM
Rats!!! I'm gonna miss tonights episode 'cuse I have plans with the little lady.... And it sounds like a good one from the posts!

Ah well..... Will have to settle for the 'net version tomorrow.

dr_evazan22
04-05-2004, 11:02 PM
I was wondering what the first explosion was too. No one in that chapter displayed too many brains, Ani included. Looking forward to seeing Ani bust out some dark side Force here. I liked the way he said that Assajj will pay for what she did.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-05-2004, 11:07 PM
I was wondering what the first explosion was too. No one in that chapter displayed too many brains, Ani included. Looking forward to seeing Ani bust out some dark side Force here. I liked the way he said that Assajj will pay for what she did.

I think it was more that Anakin is a brash and easily angered, so he doesn't really think about his decisions. Also, remember the clonetroopers aren't made to think on their own, but I agree, they were all rather clueless.

You also raised the idea of Anakin using dark force powers: that's a really good thought that never ocurred to me!! It should be interesting to see if he busts any of those out! cheers! :D

Tycho
04-05-2004, 11:33 PM
Well, that's how Anakin loses his Jedi Starfighter.

He's worked really hard on that thing, too.

That's like somebody coming and destroying all your Star Wars toys.

You'd be out for blood, too! (That's why the Jedi aren't supposed to own any possessions save for their lightsabers and their clothes really).

Well, Darn Right that Anakin is going to go full-on all-barrels-assault on Ventress now!

That's the end of that character...

Now why Yavin IV? Well, it was never established in the movie continuity, but it is an expanded universe fact, that Yavin IV was a Sith stronghold founded by Naga Sadow and expanded upon by Exar Kun. Eventually it would be taken over by the Jedi Luke Skywalker, and then irradicated by the Yuuzhan Vong.

Funny that Anakin had been there before he went looking for possibilities for the hidden Rebel base that he couldn't even torture out of Princess Leia.

Kidhuman
04-05-2004, 11:53 PM
What happened to the ARC trooper that went with them? Was he killed? or is he hiding?

dr_evazan22
04-06-2004, 12:01 AM
Well, that's how Anakin loses his Jedi Starfighter.

When the toy came out last year I didn't think too highly of it. I have mine sitting on a table right now waiting for me to do something with it, but seeing it every day, and now in the cartoon, I think it looks pretty darn cool.

I didn't see any ARC's get off the transport, but all the troopers that went to Yavin, it looks like they were all killed.

Mandalorian Candidat
04-06-2004, 11:46 AM
I totally missed last night's show. Did they put it on at the usual time? I was at my in-law's and their CN had toonami on at 6 MST (the toon wars time slot in UT) instead of toon wars.
Pi$ser, sounds like it was good.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-06-2004, 05:59 PM
That episode was pretty damn sweet. I thought it was really cool how they used some of the angles of shots from ANH, like when the Death Star was approaching Yavin IV, and how the planet could be easily seen from the moon (though wasn't that changed in the SE?). I don't know how if intended it, but Anakin was wearing his Episode III sleeved robe instead of his AOTC sleeveless one. That was kinda cool, another little tie-in to EIII. Also, did anyone notice that the clone screamed the scream that's in all the movies? I don't know if that is the Wilhelm - it was the short "auugh" instead of the longer "aaiiiiiiuugh" (as close as I can get with words). Too bad that the duel was so freakin short, it was only the stuff from the preview! Oh well, tonight's looks promising.

Hellboy
04-06-2004, 06:48 PM
Much better episode than the last few. I notice the episodes I enjoy the most are the ones that have a more militaristic feel to them. More Clonetroopers, less of the Jedi IMO.

I hope the duel in tonight's episode is done well. The preview showed them leaping through the tree tops so hopefully it doesn't get too wild and stays grounded a bit more than Mace Windu's Hulk like leaps.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-06-2004, 08:04 PM
That was pretty cool to see Anakin getting pieces of tree tossed at him. Very reminiscent of ESB.

As for the trees and whatnot. It was pretty cool how she was cutting up his vines and stuff, but the whole thing was too much like "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon", which is cool, but c'mon, this is star wars!!!

That was freakin' AWESOME how they had the rain on the sabers and how it caused them to smoke like that.

All in all, this duel was pretty badarse and it seems that ole' Anakin is using some of the dark side with his force push!!! Can't wait for tomorrow!!! Cheerio!! :D

Battle Droid
04-06-2004, 08:21 PM
LOL Anakin's getting his butt kicked!

Kidhuman
04-06-2004, 10:45 PM
Yeah Anakin was getting wiped. But fear not, as he will summon his anger to save him.Great episode though. Cant wait until tomorrow. And remember Thursdays Chapter 20 is ten minutes.!!!!!! :beard:

-Durge-
04-06-2004, 11:25 PM
Awesome episode!! I did notice the robe is his Episode 3 robe and thats just cool!! Chapter is comming..........

Card Dreamer
04-07-2004, 01:21 AM
Now this is more like it! Back to the GOOD eps!!

dr_evazan22
04-07-2004, 09:35 AM
... but the whole thing was too much like "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon", which is cool, but c'mon, this is star wars!!!

I just finished watching the version with commentary on Hyperspace and Genndy (or whoever is commenting) made reference to the Hong Kong style or running thru the tree's and such. Also said that an inspiration was Frank Frazetta for some backgrounds, with the vines and such.

I wish Ani had chopped at least one of the lightsabers in half when he knocked them out of Assajj's hands. It looked like he was trying to build a mad on there. Almost like he really wants to let loose. A little surprised by 2 things though... 1.: That he doesn't use the Force more, the way she seems to be doing; and 2.: That he lets her get so many hits in (with trees, rocks, Force-pushes). Ani is failing to show any real finesse or control of the Force.

Oh yeah, Genndy was worried if the rain on the sabers was too far out for SW... :confused: ... He was worried about this but let those chapters with Mace go out without a problem? :confused:

James Boba Fettfield
04-07-2004, 12:43 PM
He said he was worried about the Mace episodes being approved, too. You figure if they let that over top behavior through then most other things should get through.

Mandalorian Candidat
04-07-2004, 01:25 PM
I wish Ani had chopped at least one of the lightsabers in half when he knocked them out of Assajj's hands. It looked like he was trying to build a mad on there. Almost like he really wants to let loose. A little surprised by 2 things though... 1.: That he doesn't use the Force more, the way she seems to be doing; and 2.: That he lets her get so many hits in (with trees, rocks, Force-pushes). Ani is failing to show any real finesse or control of the Force.

That's a common tactic to make the hero get whipped then he finally comes back for the win. See Rocky II-V for more information.

I was thinking that Ani's lightsaber was going to short out because they kept showing steam/smoke coming from it in the rain and none was coming from Asajj's. Maybe he didn't do a good job making a new one after EP2.

Tycho
04-07-2004, 02:34 PM
The lightsabers in the rain idea originally came from plans for Episode Two.

I remember reading about the rain's effects on Obi-Wan's lightsaber when he fought Jango - but you really don't get to see that in the film.

That leaves me to believe either they didnt' do it, or the action was shot at too much of a distance or too fast for you to notice.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-07-2004, 05:54 PM
Jeez, everytime someone gets hurt, half their clothes rip off. :p

That episode was great. I liked the ESB-style use of the Force to throw objects at Anakin, and the fighting in the trees, and the smoking sabers.

Now we kind of know how tonight's episode is going to end up, but it still looks cool. :cool:

Hellboy
04-07-2004, 07:06 PM
Yeah good episode. I think tonights will be better though. The rain effect at the end was my favorite part.

Hey KH are you sure chapter 20 is 10 mins long? My program guide shows it being 5 min just like the others.

Kidhuman
04-07-2004, 07:08 PM
Yeah, over at RS a dude has a bootleg copy and he put somestills up,and confirmed it is 9 minutes long.

Anyone else having trouble getting chapter 18 from the download site?

Lord Malakite
04-07-2004, 07:40 PM
Excellent episode last night. Loved the rain effect. Also looks like Anakin was getting reckless.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-07-2004, 08:03 PM
I loved this episode!!! It was sweet to see the rain effect much much more tonight!!!

THE DUEL OF THE FATES THEME AND ANAKIN PICKING UP THE RED SABER!! holy crap!! that was awesome!!!!! Purely, awesome. I was really glad to see anakin using some of the dark force powers against Asajj and it was great to see the full power of Anakin in this duel. I also loved the animation tonight.

I was hoping he would slice Asajj to pieces, but i did like the ending and the anger it showed. Great episode!!! :D

Kidhuman
04-07-2004, 08:04 PM
Wow, what an awesome chapter. Great animation.The countdownis here til chpater 20. 23 hours 52 minutes.

Lord Malakite
04-07-2004, 08:35 PM
Excellent episode. Loved the flashback images of Obi-Wan and Yoda. Pity Anakin can't always be this good instead of whining.

Kidhuman
04-07-2004, 08:39 PM
Pity Anakin can't always be this good instead of whining.

He is.......as Vader

dr_evazan22
04-07-2004, 09:09 PM
Dude!

That was REALLY good! THAT was what I wanted to see from Ani in terms of using the Force. I also liked the flashes of Yoda and Obi as Ani was tapping into the dark side.

I would like it if this means that Assajj is dead. Also wouldn't mind knowing what temple this happened at on Yavin. Exar Kun's?

I need to go watch this a few more times...

Card Dreamer
04-07-2004, 11:38 PM
Holy Crap! AWESOME Ep. Indeed, the good dark stories are coming out. I too LOVED the rain on the sabers as it REALLY added to the atmosphere of it all. *sigh* So so good....not one thing I didn't like..

As for the Yoda/Obi appearences. Someone mentioned they were flashbacks. I think they were more flashes of those closest to him sensing his anger and dark side release. Remember, in AotC, we know Yoda sensed Anakin on Tatooine.

Tycho
04-07-2004, 11:41 PM
Asajj Ventress is not dead.

For those of you who follow the great on-going series in the comics, I did some research.

The Clone Wars Animated Series takes place shortly after the Battle of Kamino (when the Seppies tried to wipe out all the Clones and the ARC Troopers were first introduced).

After The Animated Series, is when the Seppies start using biological weapons and attack Naboo to get back at Palpatine. They invade the moon being colonized by the Gungans, and at that point, Obi-Wan first encounters Ventress. She doesn't dare face Anakin again, but will go on to challenge and at least escape Mace Windu.

Most recently, she had captured and tortured Obi-Wan, who escaped with one of the last remaining ARC Troopers.

To this date (in the Clone Wars timeline that is), Ventress (and Durge) are still alive.

-Durge-
04-08-2004, 04:59 AM
Whatever happened to Durge?:confused:

James Boba Fettfield
04-08-2004, 09:43 AM
Remember what happened to Poochie's character from Itchy and Scratchy on the Simpsons?

That's how Durge should of went out.

As for those flash back things, I don't know what they are supposed to be. Flashes of the past or of his masters sensing him letting go in that fight. That shot of Qui-Gon has me puzzled though. Maybe it's his spirit sensing this, I don't know. Any other thoughts?

-Durge-
04-08-2004, 10:06 AM
Will Durge return....does anyone know where I can find screen caps of Episode 19 because I missed it...

sith_killer_99
04-08-2004, 11:56 AM
As for those flash back things, I don't know what they are supposed to be. Flashes of the past or of his masters sensing him letting go in that fight. That shot of Qui-Gon has me puzzled though. Maybe it's his spirit sensing this, I don't know. Any other thoughts?

I think it all plays back to EPII when Anakin went bad and the others sensed it and or called out (ie, Yoda and Qui-Gon).

James Boba Fettfield
04-08-2004, 12:01 PM
Makes sense, sith killer.

Too bad we didn't get that great sounding, "NOOOOOO!" yell during it like from EII.

El Chuxter
04-08-2004, 01:15 PM
Remember what happened to Poochie's character from Itchy and Scratchy on the Simpsons?

That's how Durge should of went out.

"'Anakin, Durge looks like he has something to say!'
'Indeed I do. They need me on my home planet. I have to go.'
Durge died on the way to his home planet."

:D:D:D:beard:

Thanks for clearing up the timeline, Tycho. I thought the comics were post-toon, but hadn't checked for myself yet.

Spoiler!

Someone at Dark Horse said that only one of the new CW villains (Assajj and Durge) will survive past E3, but will be dramatically changed for stories between E3 and E4. Since she thinks she's the true Jedi and will see how the Sith corrupt Ani, my money's on Assajj becoming something of a good guy and eventually dying in the Purge.

Tycho
04-08-2004, 01:36 PM
Durge does survive the Clone Wars Animated Series, as the comics take place later and his first appearance in them is at the battle on the Gungan Moon (orbitting Naboo).

There Durge kills a Jedi (and Ventress gets one) and he gives Obi-Wan a pounding (so if you take the CW toons into context, it was presumably for revenge). In any case, Obi-Wan tends to make a great enemy in Durge, as they continue to fight on a great rivalry for many comics - such as when Obi-Wan rushes in with a Jedi strike team to get the plague vaccine before the Separatists' bio-weapons kill them all.

Durge's first time-line appearance was in the Boba Fett young readers book (#4) where we learn he has a very big personal grudge against Mandalorians. Taking a position with Jabba the Hutt's organization, durge is regretful that he did not kill Jango Fett, and that the Jedi wiped out most of the Mandalorians 15-20 years ago. (Jango had survived, taken as a slave, but escaped and gotten revenge. He was rebuilding the Mandalorian Army with the Kaminoan's cloning technology per the deal "Tyranus" offered him.) When Durge learned that an Army of Mandalorian Clones existed, he took the job with the Separatists to exterminate them. But not before an 11-year old Boba Fett got the better of him in front of Jabba. Yup, Jabba knows who Boba really is, and what he is, but found him amusing and impressive when Durge decided to make Boba the first Mandalorian he exterminated. Instead, Fett (at only 11) outsmarted the Niemoidian bounty Jabba called a kill in on, and took the pay out from right under Durge's nose, all while the older bounty hunter was trying to catch and kill him. (Great book! Boba uses an army of slave children and he is the Slave's No. 1 !)

Durge then takes aim to really clean up the Mandalorians, and seeks employment with the Confederacy which brings us to his role in the Clone Wars where Dooku sent him to Muunlist to prove himself (see the cartoon show).

dr_evazan22
04-08-2004, 01:50 PM
Spoiler!

Someone at Dark Horse said that only one of the new CW villains (Assajj and Durge) will survive past E3, but will be dramatically changed for stories between E3 and E4. Since she thinks she's the true Jedi and will see how the Sith corrupt Ani, my money's on Assajj becoming something of a good guy and eventually dying in the Purge.

I watched this chapter a few times last night. I was thinking about Assajj's claim to be a Sith because of her hatred of the Jedi and juxtaposing that against her reactions to Ani's Force-use. I think she realized that what Ani was showing was what hatred really was. I got the impression that she was angry, and because she was angry she thought she hated the Jedi. Now, after facing some Jedi, I think her anger and energy will be spent a little and she'll calm down and have a change of heart.

For those of you who have been reading Dark Horse's comics for years, I would almost liken it to the way Sylvar (some cat person Jedi) felt towards Ulic Qel Droma for the death of her mate Crado, and the way Sylvar's hate and anger were spent once she confronted Ulic in the 'Redemption' series. I thought that was a great series.

Another thing... I don't know if this is just because of the medium of cartoons, but I felt the way that Ani was fighting with his saber was closer to the style that Vader was using in ESB. In the Prequels saber fighting seems faster, and in ESB it almost seemed like Vader was using his saber to bludgeon Luke, wearing Luke down with the stregth needed to hold back Vaders swing.

Just some thoughts.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-08-2004, 06:11 PM
That was the best episode so far, no question. :eek: Man Anakin can really dish it out!

I don't think continuity was really had in mind for Asajj and Durge, but more for Obi-Wan and Anakin and the other main characters. I don't think either of the Clone Wars characters will be in Episode III, but only in comics and such. Which is kind of dumb, as Durge and Asajj seem pretty dead to me. Maybe though he was talking about Grievous, though I think he won't live past EIII either.

What they need to do is have comics about the stories of the cartoon, either in cartoon-style drawings or realistic-style. Because some stuff needs to be cleared up.

Hellboy
04-08-2004, 07:15 PM
That was a very good episode. :cool:

Anakin's constant hammering on Asajj until the cliff breaks apart beneath her reminded me of Luke's aggressive overpowering of Vader during the duel on the second Death Star. Pretty cool stuff. :)

Kidhuman
04-08-2004, 07:17 PM
Will Durge return....does anyone know where I can find screen caps of Episode 19 because I missed it...

:beard: (http://www.bejedi.com/?mode=article&k=107) click the beard smilie

hango fett
04-08-2004, 07:30 PM
definitly the best episode yet, due to my new avatar. i have like 5 more made. tonights looks awsome as well! grevious with 3 LIGHTSABERS holy crap! on the preiveiw it said "the downfall of the jedi has begun..."
...wow...
HF

Reefer Shark
04-08-2004, 07:45 PM
Yeah man,

Last nights episode was just bad-***! Seeing Anakin go off like that was so great!

Can't wait for tonights episode!

Kidhuman
04-08-2004, 08:08 PM
Awesome, great way to wrap it up. Grevious was the bomb. I can not wait for EPIII. Damn year away. May 19th cant come soon enough. Are they dead?

James Boba Fettfield
04-08-2004, 08:10 PM
Wow. The General actually had me cheering for him to kill all the Jedi. I wish this series would keep going, though.

Excellent series and, boy, did that episode raise my desire to see the movie even more.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-08-2004, 08:10 PM
AWESOME!!! If Grevious looks that badarse on the big screen, i might have to change my pants a few times during Ep III.

So, are Shaak, Ka-Adi and Secrula (sp?) all dead then? It sure as hell looked like it. Great series!!! :D

I did also like the Shaggy Padawan. I was looking for Scooby to come out and take off Grevious mask to reveal a grumpy old man. :crazed:

awesome! cheers! :D

Lord Malakite
04-08-2004, 08:14 PM
Grevious is so awsome. :eek: A real jedi killing machine. And I love the voice. Kind of sucks that it had to end with such a cliffhager though. Makes the wait for episode III all the more unbearable.

hango fett
04-08-2004, 08:19 PM
that rocked so hard i thought there was an earthquake in progress! the rapid spin of grevious' 2 baldes.....all the lightsabers he had....jesh...what a great droid!
can't wait! almost 1 year!
HF

THE Slayer
04-08-2004, 09:19 PM
Sweet. But I can't imagine Grevious being nearly that "active" in Ep3. I still think the live action grevious will suck.. but hey thats just me. I honestly don't think they are dead... yet. They're saving that for the bing screen... :wink:

hango fett
04-08-2004, 09:23 PM
i agree. they cna move things much faster with animation than with CG. even yoda moved a little faster on the cartoon. but i still want to see it!
HF

THE Slayer
04-08-2004, 09:35 PM
I'm sad now, I went and read some spoilers and Shak Ti was one of my favorites!!! I loved her voice and animation. BTW I liked Ki Adi's toon voice better than his real one also. I wish I could have seen some of that Shak Ti action on the big screen... :sad:

El Chuxter
04-08-2004, 09:53 PM
So, are Shaak, Ka-Adi and Secrula (sp?) all dead then? It sure as hell looked like it. Great series!!! :D

Haven't seen the episode (yet), but I can guarantee you Ki-Adi's alive and well (unless episode 20 takes place well after the other 19). Several months from now, when Obi-Wan is believed to be dead, he will briefly take Anakin as his Padawan.

-Durge-
04-08-2004, 10:05 PM
:beard: (http://www.bejedi.com/?mode=article&k=107) click the beard smilieThanks KH. But I need screen caps because I cannot dl the episode.:)

tagmac
04-08-2004, 10:12 PM
I read that Amy Allen would be appearing in Ep. III, so it's a safe bet Aayla Secura lived. Remember, we only saw those Jedi sent flying, but never actually killed. Only Shaggy and that other new Jedi were shown killed by Greivous.

Card Dreamer
04-08-2004, 10:34 PM
Actually, this goes into a little more detail in the AotC novel. Yoda hears the voice too and is completely taken aback by it. He's not sure how to explain it or what it could mean and decides not to tell anyone.

From what I understand, it links to the line "More powerful than you can possibly imagine" line in ANH, and Ep3 will really explain it

-Durge-
04-09-2004, 04:20 AM
So Ki and Shak T are dead...Chapter 20 was just mind blowing!!! AWESOME!!!

Tycho
04-09-2004, 05:16 AM
There are spoilers in this post about Episode 3

They are not dead!

In the comics continuity, there are adventures for all of these Jedi after this cartoon series:

Ki-Adi Mundi trains Anakin when Obi-Wan is believed to be dead (but is captured by Ventress who is also still alive).

Shaak-Ti commands an army on Brentaal, and teams up with Quinlan Vos, who she frees from prison there.

Aayla Secura faces off (and defeats) Aurra Sing.

AND IN EPISODE 3 WHICH TAKES PLACE AFTER THESE CARTOONS (obviously)

Silas Carson plays Ki-Adi Mundi
Amy Allen plays Aayla Secura
??? ???? plays Shaak-Ti (who's death scene has been described in spoilers).

NOW ON TO GENERAL GREVIOUS....

How can a droid anticipate Jedi?

Jedi see things before they happen.

Grevious could even see Ki-Adi Mundi's Force-shoves against him, and Shaak-Ti's flinging of debris.

(Did anyone catch they were fighting in a crashed Republic Star Destroyer?)

A Droid cannot anticipate like that without the Force. So what is Gen. Grevious? He's no droid!

(unless his perception devices rotate so fast, he can outpace organic responses, and see the Jedi attempting to use the Force).

In any case, if such a droid could be made (to get rid of Jedi) why didn't Black Sun or the Hutt Syndicate or anyone else with so much resources and so much to gain ever attempt this before????

Why?

Why?

Why?

Here's what I think: Gen. Grevious must be partially organic, and his organic origins were born Force-sensitive. It's the only explaination.

-Durge-
04-09-2004, 06:04 AM
Whats with Durge.. If Ajjiji survived I'm sure Durge would have......

Hopefully we will see Gen is some comics....

Pendo
04-09-2004, 08:37 AM
Sha'a Gi (http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/shaagi)??? How stupid!!! :mad:

Where is Scoo'Bi?

What a poor reference to Scooby Doo :rolleyes:!

So Ki and Shak T are dead...Ki-Adi-Mundi and Shaak Ti are not dead as they will be appearing in Episode III :).

PENDO!

hango fett
04-09-2004, 08:59 AM
well, i am glad all that is cleared up. i hope that ki-adi goes down with an honorable fight in EIII, as i was his brother on here long ago....
HF

dr_evazan22
04-09-2004, 09:56 AM
Tycho- Where / when does Aayla square off against Aurra Sing? I missed that somehow.

-Durge-
04-09-2004, 10:32 AM
Sha'a Gi (http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/shaagi)??? How stupid!!! :mad:

Where is Scoo'Bi?

What a poor reference to Scooby Doo :rolleyes:!

Ki-Adi-Mundi and Shaak Ti are not dead as they will be appearing in Episode III :).

PENDO!Well how did they survive Grievous and all the Super Battle Droids? Tell me...:zzz:

mm74md
04-09-2004, 10:53 AM
http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/generalgrievous/

Part non-humanoid alien, part custom-designed droid, Grievous hunted Jedi for sport and proudly displayed his victims' lightsabers around his belt as trophies of his conquests. His unorthodox fighting form and mechanical enhancements gave him an edge in close-quarters combat, and his strategic ingenuity and flawless cunning rendered him almost invincible against the Jedi.

They are not dead!
NOW ON TO GENERAL GREVIOUS....

How can a droid anticipate Jedi?

Jedi see things before they happen.

Grevious could even see Ki-Adi Mundi's Force-shoves against him, and Shaak-Ti's flinging of debris.

(Did anyone catch they were fighting in a crashed Republic Star Destroyer?)

A Droid cannot anticipate like that without the Force. So what is Gen. Grevious? He's no droid!

(unless his perception devices rotate so fast, he can outpace organic responses, and see the Jedi attempting to use the Force).

In any case, if such a droid could be made (to get rid of Jedi) why didn't Black Sun or the Hutt Syndicate or anyone else with so much resources and so much to gain ever attempt this before????

Why?

Why?

Why?

Here's what I think: Gen. Grevious must be partially organic, and his organic origins were born Force-sensitive. It's the only explaination.

El Chuxter
04-09-2004, 11:10 AM
There are spoilers in this quoted post

??? ???? plays Shaak-Ti (who's death scene has been described in spoilers).

Thanks, Tycho. Now I'm spoiled. :(

Not that it's nothing I couldn't have guessed at pretty safely, so no big deal. ;)

James Boba Fettfield
04-09-2004, 01:56 PM
Watch out with quoting Tycho's post since we don't want any spoiler free people to have the same thing happen to them that happened to Chuxter. I went ahead and added a spoler warning to Tycho's original post and did the same for everyone who quoted what he said. I ask that anyone who quotes him to do the same.

THE Slayer
04-09-2004, 02:48 PM
Spoiler warning Protocol

Well how did they survive Grievous and all the Super Battle Droids? Tell me...:zzz:

Well maybe they Don't... DOes ep3 take place at the end of the toon series? I think that would be an awsome opening act if it did!!

hango fett
04-09-2004, 02:53 PM
who said that they fought the SBDs? they probably just barley escaped grevious's cluthces by using the force for speed like mace did in episode14 or 15...
only time will tell...
HF

Tycho
04-09-2004, 03:00 PM
Ummm, sorry for the "spoiler problem" guys. If anyone doesn't know that all the Jedi are going to be killed, don't watch the movie "A New Hope" before you see Episode 3 ;) El Chuxter was kidding btw - read his fine print at the bottom of his post. (Shew...thanks for keeping me on edge there for a moment Boba)

Well how did they survive Grievous and all the Super Battle Droids? Tell me...:zzz:

We don't know. They didn't show us. Hopefully, it will be revealed in a comic book - BUT we can always hope that Gennedy does another Clone Wars 'Toon Season! This mini-series was awesome!

But if they don't kick Grevious' butt (which didn't look like it could happen), my guess is that they tucked tail and ran. Now Anakin and Obi-Wan and their ARC Troopers might show up to rescue them...that dead Jedi Master did get a transmission out to Obi-Wan before he was killed. So there are a few possibilities.

DR. EVEZAN: Aayla Secura faced Aurra Sing in the "Jedi" one-shot, Aayla Secura. These Jedi One-Shots, which have focused on Mace Windu, Shaak-Ti, Count Dooku, and now Aayla Secura take place interwoven between issues of the On-Going Republic Series. You have to check the timeline date on the back of the front cover to see when each event takes place.

For example, Mace Windu's story takes place after the Battle on the Gungan Moon, while he tracks Ventress, as Jedi doctors try to stabalize Obi-Wan from the Confederists' plauge virus so he can go on his mission with that Jedi strike team to find the antidote.

In any case, on Devaron, Aayla Secura defeats Aurra Sing and captures her! I believe Sing is a prisoner now, being monitored by her former master Anya (the Dark Woman). Who knows what has happened since then - or how and if the Jedi got their prisoner off Devaron.

James Boba Fettfield
04-09-2004, 03:10 PM
Sorry if I looked too much into the spoiler thing, as I'm not really on the look for them too much. But, we all know some people can take even the smallest things and go off about them being mentioned. No big deal, though, better to be over reactive than under...I guess.

As for how they might escape Grievous, maybe they all held on long enough for those reinforcements that Obi Wan is supposed to order. Something's going to have to take care of that large droid army outside the ship and scare Grievous off.

Tycho
04-09-2004, 04:16 PM
Something's going to have to take care of that large droid army outside the ship and scare Grievous off.

AND THEN... JarJar lands!!!!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-09-2004, 05:58 PM
Er - there were two parts to this cartoon, the good and the bad.

THE GOOD:
I really enjoyed seeing the Wolfman Jedi that was voted for a while back, that was really cool. I also liked Obi-Wan being worried about the Siths' interest in Anakin. And the closing scene with Yoda, similar to AOTC.

THE BAD:
General Godd*mn Grievous. I don't know, this guy just kinda rubbed me the wrong way. He was okay sometimes, like when he was simply fighting the Jedi. But not when he was doing handstands and fighting with his feet, or holding a lightsaber with his f**king foot. I hope his performance is toned down in Episode III, which will likely be the case. His voice was cool though, and very un-Bender.

What I'm hoping is that I'll like him better next time I see him. That's what happened with "naked" Durge, I really hated it at first but now I think it's cool. I'll watch it again tonight and see . . .

Mandalorian Candidat
04-09-2004, 07:48 PM
I liked the last episode up to the part where Grevious joins in with the swordplay. While it was cool to see all the Jedi, and even the one freaked-out Shaggy-looking padawan, GG was way over the top even for this series of cartoons. Basically it was a Jedi-killing cyborg. They didn't make the Jedi going out look very skilled. You think with all the cool force action between Ani and Asajj they'd have something similar in this one but it was just each Jedi taking him on one at a time.

It was a cool idea to show the Jedi getting offed but I didn't like how Genndy and Co. did it. Way lame.

Kidhuman
04-09-2004, 09:51 PM
I thouight Grevious was pretty cool. I can understand why people think he would be lame. I agree that the jedi didnt fight in groups against him enough. Itoo wonderhow they survived him, it could of been Obi-Wan and the ARCs or it could be he ran out of Energon Cubes. :beard:

Card Dreamer
04-09-2004, 10:14 PM
I too have good and bad feelings about this ep.

The good was again, the story, and introduction of the characters. I did like the Scooby Doo (Shaggy) reference despite it being corny :) I also liked the trophy sabers hanging on Grevious belt. However, it's here that the good ends.

The bad was a little of little and some not so little issues. First, Grevious' fighting while standing on his hands was just ick. Not that it couldn't happen or be possible. But why not just have a circus baboon fight the Jedi? Also, with all the first powers we've seen, why weren't they used? One force push and one attempt at flinging some rocks was just weak, even for a Master, knights and a padawan. The last thing I thought weird (and notice in EVERY movie/comic/book) is, if the Jedi can move things with their mind, why didn't they just try to hold Grevious still?? The ONLY time I've seen a Jedi use the Force to hold somoene in place was Vader against Boba Fett in a comic (forget the name, but it was where they fought for some prophet's head).

-Durge-
04-09-2004, 10:42 PM
As for how they might escape Grievous, maybe they all held on long enough for those reinforcements that Obi Wan is supposed to order. Something's going to have to take care of that large droid army outside the ship and scare Grievous off.That sounds like that may happen....

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-10-2004, 12:54 PM
I watched 11-20 last night on Cartoon Network. I liked Grievous a little bit better, he was kinda cool as long as he doesn't use his feet for fighting. Sha'a Gi was okay, but I'm kind of glad he got killed as I don't want to see Matthew Lillard as a Padawan in Episode III. :p I liked seeing the Whiphid Jedi from the comics (at least I think it was him?) but I think he got killed too.

There are a couple of errors I caught too. In Chapter 1, Anakin throws his cloak and it hits C-3PO before he gets in his starfighter. He's in his starfighter until Chapter 17, in which he gets out with his cloak on! What? Also, I think somebody might've pointed this out, but Anakin's arm should be robotic up to where Dooku cut it off, which was right above the elbow, but on the cartoon it's much shorter. If he got synthetic skin on part of his arm, wouldn't he get it all the way? Also Anakin doesn't have his ponytail, which is fine by me but still kind of an error. It's a cartoon, and these aren't very major, but I'm anal like that. :D

-Durge-
04-10-2004, 12:59 PM
You are very right. I will have to double cheak on the ponytail.

Kidhuman
04-10-2004, 02:49 PM
Anakin is sporting a ponytail. Gota screen cap from chapter 20 right below. If he only had a :beard:.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-10-2004, 03:36 PM
Pony tail? if i remember correctly, it's just his padawan braid on the side of his head. It's rather long, so it probably looks like a pony tail at times. :D

and sorry, KH, Anakin would look VERY dumb with a beard. :crazed:

El Chuxter
04-10-2004, 04:52 PM
But I imagine he didn't shave much under his armor, at least not until he had to "clean up" to take his son to the Emperor, so he was sporting a serious :beard: during Episodes IV and V, and much of Episode VI.

Grievous. What can I say? HOLY FREAKIN' CRAP IN A HAT!! If he's in action sequences in E3, he'd better be fighting like that. Jeez. That kind of baddie makes you not question how these complacent Jedi got wiped out. :eek:

I've avoided much of the info about him (aside from pictures and the name; I've even avoided the new Boba Fett novels so far), but what exactly is Grievous? He looks droid, but has some decidedly reptilian eyes, so a cyborg is a safe bet. But a cyborg what, and how much remains of the original creature? My initial guess would be Trandoshan, but their regenerative power makes that seem unlikely. Hmmm. Hopefully we'll find out eventually.

I can't wait until the EU tries to cover up the obvious errors in continuity. I like the comics, I love the cartoons, but how do Durge, Asajj, Ki-Adi, and Shaak get killed, but pop up a few months later in great shape? This ought to be as complicated as the entire Jaster Mareel/Jango Fett/Mandalorean Supercommandoes/Boba Fett/Journeyman Protector/failed Stormtrooper mess that the Open Seasons comic and AOTC mostly cleared up. (Though, off subject, I still want to see how Jodo Kast figures in.)

Durge wasn't dead, because we see his goo slithering off. (This also explains how he takes a lightsaber to the head in the comics.)

Asajj may have survived, being so powerful in the Force. We never saw a body.

Some short time before Grievous attacks, that other Jedi contacts Obi-Wan about reinforcements. If he's at the same spot the final battle of the series takes place (which is likely), I agree with the earlier statement about Obi-Wan and a huge contingent of clones arriving at the last minute (a SW tradition) and saving the only two survivors.

However, Dark Horse seemed to do a good job on a couple of other changes during the cartoon (Bariss becoming a Knight, Anakin's starfighter going boom).

One last question, which may have come up and I missed it: where exactly were Yoda and Padme going?

BTW, sorry 'bout quoting the spoiler, JBF.

Kidhuman
04-10-2004, 05:01 PM
Yoda and Padme were out cruising the town. We saw yoda on Courscant then on the ship heading somewhere. They made the brief stop on Ilum, then Yoda is back on Courscant. Maybe they were coming back from Dagobah, after all, Yoda was looking for a retirement condo. :beard:

gambitguru
04-10-2004, 05:41 PM
i watched clone wars season 2 marathon yeasterday, and that was some really neat stuff, quite possibly one of the best cartoon serieses everlol lol lol lol .

it would be reallyneat if they made a season 3 for clone wars, i doubt it will happen though.:( :( :( :(

Tycho
04-10-2004, 07:28 PM
OK, the dead.... OR NOT.

TIMELINE

Taking place first:

Boba Fett Young Readers: Durge appears.

Comics: Attack on Kamino - Republic 50-51 (somewhere about there)

CLONE WARS CARTOON SERIES....

Durge - the goo is getting itself back together. He hasn't been destroyed by Obi-Wan yet. IN THE COMICS - Durge returns with Ventress, by issue 52 or so, fighting with bio-weapons that killed all the Gungans that colonized one of Naboo's moons. The Separatists were preparing to strike Naboo to punish Palpatine and Padme Amidala.

Ventress - kicked off a ledge on a Sith Temple on Yavin IV by Anakin. No body. Darth Maul was cut clearly in half to show he was never coming back. Ventress' body was never found. The same thing will happen to Anakin Skywalker (speculation, not spoiler). Don't get your panties in a bunch over that comment. Ventress comes back in the same issue Republic #51 or 52, using Durge to help her fight Jedi. Durge has it out for Obi-Wan for sure, and we've seen why. Ventress does not engage Anakin at all - and we've also seen likely just why - she knows she'd lose! Anakin fights with his anger and his rage, and his Dark Side is less predictable than the Jedi's Light.

Ki-Adi Mundi - lives and even is Anakin's new master for a while when Obi-Wan is thought to be dead (Republic #59-62 or thereabouts - Battle for Jabiim). They never showed General Grevious killing him.

Shaak-Ti - lives. No more spoiler comments. They showed her Force shoved back - like either she or Ki used the Force to repel her from Grevious' blade, as we never saw it make contact.

Aayla Secura - lives. We just saw her tossed not yet killed. Grevious, like a good fighter, (like Darth Maul) goes for the Masters first (Ki-Adi and Shaak-Ti) since killing them would cut off the high command and the most experienced warriors, thereby leaving the lower ranks confused. This strategy was used in "The Patriot" when Benjamin Martin tells his sons to shoot the officers first "and then work your way down." Old military tactic that's very smart.

General Grevious - obviously has been advertised as an Episode Three character (not a big spoiler since you're all watching the cartoon if you're posting in this thread). He might get chopped up, but he's a droid and can be reassembled unless they kill the brain. Wonder how the Jedi will handle him in the movie. I know who fights him, and while that person's a great Jedi, I just figure that if the real Jedi Masters can't take Grevious down, how can our young friend?

Tycho
04-10-2004, 07:32 PM
But they did the series good, leaving it on a Dark ending, instead of everyone sitting around having a good laugh like a normal kiddie flick.

That in itself is commendable.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-10-2004, 08:07 PM
K, sweet, thanks for the info/update Mr. Tycho. That clears up a lot of the speculation dealing with the fates of the Jedi and whatnot. Thanks a bunch!! :D

hango fett
04-10-2004, 09:43 PM
sounds pretty logical, tycho. at least that shaak ti and aylaa don't die. i hope they give them good deaths in the movies and not just a few blaster shots to the side like colemen trebor. what a moron....
HF

evenflow
04-11-2004, 12:40 AM
Well they did a good job. I really enjoyed it and cant wait for the DVD release.

Pendo
04-11-2004, 06:10 AM
Well they did a good job. I really enjoyed it and cant wait for the DVD release.
Anyone got any info on when the DVD release will likely be? September perhaps along side the Star Wars Trilogy? :)

PENDO!

Kidhuman
04-11-2004, 10:09 AM
Pendo, if you search amazon.com, they list the DVD there. It says by putting your email addy down, you are voting for its release. No date has been set, but the more "votes" they get, the more likely it will be that is is released. Kind of like a petition.

Tycho
04-12-2004, 01:57 AM
NEW POLL!

Which was your favorite Clone Wars character's adventure?

1) Obi-Wan vs. Durge
2) The ARC Trooper's mission
3) Dooku vs. Ventress
4) Kit Fisto's adventure
5) Mace Windu's fight
6) Barris and Luminara's struggle
7) Yoda to the rescue
8) Padme vs. the droids
9) Anakin vs. Ventress
10) General Grevious' introduction

I'd have to say that Anakin's fight with Ventress was my favorite!

Reefer Shark
04-12-2004, 02:51 AM
I'd have to say that Anakin's fight with Ventress was my favorite!
Mine too... that ending was so intense! Great stuff indeed.

Gotta say it's hard to choose though, all the stories were great IMO.

Tycho,
Another thanks for the breakdown on the current whereabouts of the Jedi, I appreciated that too. :cool:

-Durge-
04-12-2004, 05:51 AM
I loved Durge v Obi wan....any news on a Greivous comic??

Kidhuman
04-12-2004, 07:06 AM
ARC trooper mission

JEDIpartner
04-12-2004, 09:46 AM
Anakin v Asajj

dr_evazan22
04-12-2004, 09:52 AM
3. Dooku vs Ventress
2. ARC Trooper Mission
1. Ani vs Ventress

Tycho
04-12-2004, 12:38 PM
Thanks for the resonse!

Keep voting for your favorite Clone Wars episode!

As for answers to your questions:

There is no appearance of General Grevious in the comics (or CW novels for that matter) as of yet.

Count Dooku is amassing an army of Dark Jedi though. As kids we might have recalled hearing rumors that Darth Vader arised to being Dark Lord of the Sith by killing all the other Dark Jedi contenders.

This is proving to be so true! (from a certain point of view).

Dooku is not known as Darth Tyranus to any of these Dark Jedi. They don't even know he's a Sith! He is portraying himself as a Jedi unafraid to use the Dark Side of the Force, and in opposition to the corruption of the Republic and the Jedi who serve the Senate, which he asserts is being controlled by the Dark Lord of the Sith. So the "rebels" or the Separatists are the "right cause at the right time."

Dooku has amassed a small handful of Dark Jedi:

Assaj Ventress - who you know and love. She may know he's a Sith, but she might be the only one who knows for sure (on Dooku's side). She wants to be a Dark Lord of the Sith herself though, and doesn't hide that fact. She'll either need to kill Dooku, or help him destroy "Darth Sidious" to attain that position. She's trying to kill Anakin to gain either Sith Lord's appreciation. After the Clone Wars 'toon, she'll lay back a bit - as she can't defeat Anakin. Assaj was never a Jedi. Obi-Wan found out the 411 on her: she'd been trained by a Jedi who was assigned to stop civil war on her world. Her parents were killed, and Assaj should have inherited rule over her planet, but things were too fragmented and the Jedi who protected her, was tragically killed. Before he died, he'd been impressed with Ventress' Force ability and illegally trained her to use it, hopefully so she could protect herself and any peace on her world they established. Ventress blames the Republic and the Jedi for the death of her master. She thinks that he was a victim of their corrupt politics and the Jedi betrayed their own when her Master was killed. She strongly advocates independence for all worlds - hence her Separatist affiliation and hatred for the Jedi. That hatred runs so deep, she wants to join the Sith if for no other purpose than to enact vengeance on the Jedi. Darth Sidious is just using her.

Sora Bulq - the Weequay Jedi and a Vaapad Master, Sora fought in the Arena Battle at Geonsis (on screen) and later decided the slaughter was proof enough that Dooku felt right about his Separatist ideals, so the sacrafice had to have been worth it. Sora joined Dooku shortly after surviving Geonsis. He's extremely dangerous and a master swordsman. Probably doesn't know Dooku's a Sith.

Skorr - he's a nobody. Ex-Jedi turned Dark Jedi who's there to challenge potential Jedi infiltrators while he's trying to suck up to Dooku hoping for a reward. Also doesn't likely know Dooku's a Sith.

Quinlan Vos - he's the Jedi infiltrator who gives Skorr a hard time. Is Quinlan really a Dark Jedi? If he is, he's not in allegiance with the others. Yoda, Mace, and Quinlan's former Master Tholme are the only ones who know that Quinlan is working for them, though they fear they might lose Quinlan to the Dark Side. Quinlan will try to expose Dooku as a Sith. Meanwhile, Aayla Secura, Quin's former apprentice, thinks he can be saved from the Dark Side but doesn't know the secret mission he's on. Dooku suspects, but can't prove it either. So he's tricking Quinlan into doing his assasination work for him, pushing him ever further to the Dark Side.

Durge - not a Dark Jedi, but a mass of flesh and muscle tissue that can reform itself, he's a bounty hunter for hire and brought on by Dooku because Durge hates Mandalorians - and at this time during the Clone Wars, all of Jango Fett's progeny are Mandalorians (Clone Troopers).

General Grevious - he's a cyborg. We're still trying to figure this one out.

Random Dark Jedi - so far no real characters have emerged from this category, but Ventress, Sora Bulq, and Dooku have all tried to turn Jedi to their cause - usually with fatal results. It might have worked in some particular cases to be revealed from time to time though.

Ventress would train an obedient apprentice to kill them all and rise to Sith ascension.

Sora Bulq would train an apprentice because he believes the Republic is corrupt and must be defeated to start over anew.

Dooku's motivations are not totally clear. Should he want to kill Sidious, he knows who Sidious really is. He might be waiting for the right help to come along. He might believe in the Separtists' cause. He might have joined the Sith to infiltrate them and destroy them from within, but he's now using his command of the Separatists to further realize his political beliefs. He has definitely fallen to the Dark Side and is a Sith Lord, whether he personally believes that he's turned or not. No doubt he'd be dead if Palpatine didn't find him very useful.

Anyway, comment on that, but...

Keep voting for your favorite Clone Wars episode!

Silent Chazz
04-12-2004, 01:49 PM
4) Kit Fisto's adventure

Hellboy
04-12-2004, 04:56 PM
ARC Trooper Mission.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-12-2004, 05:34 PM
They're all so good . . . it's close between Obi-Wan vs. Durge, Mace, and Anakin vs. Asajj. I'll go for the ladder.

Kidhuman
04-12-2004, 07:41 PM
Tycho, thanks fior the current events info. I really wish they make some more chapters tothis storyline. It was great and toend it like they did was wrong. Great for the cliffhanging aspect, but so much more could have been done.

Phantom-like Menace
04-12-2004, 09:41 PM
I'll vote for the ARC Trooper Mission.

Card Dreamer
04-13-2004, 02:51 AM
There is no appearance of General Grevious in the comics (or CW novels for that matter) as of yet.
Grevious is in the Young boba Fett series #5, which is considered to be aClone Wars series of books. Just fyi ;)

And I vote for the Anakin Vs Asajj! That ep had it all!!

hango fett
04-13-2004, 10:26 AM
i have to say that it's a tie bettween 19 and 20. they were both so awsome!
HF

LTBasker
04-13-2004, 11:29 AM
I thought there was gonna be 40 episodes? Thought it was gonna go like: Fall last year, spring this year, fall this year, spring next year? Which would've set it up perfectly for Episode III's May release.

bobafett07728
04-13-2004, 01:00 PM
I thought there was gonna be 40 episodes? Thought it was gonna go like: Fall last year, spring this year, fall this year, spring next year? Which would've set it up perfectly for Episode III's May release.

Don't we all wish. I thought it kinda ended at a bad spot. Jedi being tossed around like rag dolls, Ki-Adi ready to make his move, and then. . . cut to Yoda. . . series ends. They definitely coulda continued for a few more episodes. But. . . I'm happy that we got something. . . maybe it's success will influence future cartoon endeavors?

B'Omarr Monkey
04-13-2004, 10:59 PM
ARC Trooper mission followed by Anakin vs Asajj, especially the sequence where she takes out all the clone troopers.I also liked how they had the rain hissing off the light saber blades, which I was disaapointed wasn't done in AOTC.

Anakin's piloting sequence was great too. Mace was close but the ant crusher machine was a tad much and I was waiting for Mace to turn around and throw the kid his tattered cloak like in the Mean Joe Green Coke commercial.

I liked seeing all the Jedi in episode 20, but it was like watching Red Shirts in a Star Trek episode. You knew which ones were going to be killed and which weren't based on whether or not they were in the actual movies. I also found Grievous to be a bit silly instead of impressive. The one-legged, three light-saber stance was almost laughable. I wonder why no one designing the films has thought to introduce a six-armed bad guy, like Kali from the Sinbad movies, who can fight w/six light sabers at once. How cool would that be?

Overall though, this series got right a lot that was wrong with the movies. The clone troopers were much cooler, more interesting, and more impressive. Heck, the ARC Troopers were everything that Jango Fett should have been. The Jedi were amazing in this. What do they need soldiers for, since it seems like one Jedi is all that's needed in any battle? This was by far, preferable to the handling they got in the movies, especially AOTC, where none of them should have been taken out by battle droids.

One thing this got me thinking about the battle droids, was the sequence with the battle droid sniper--you'd think that droids designed for fighting would have impressive targeting abilities (much like robocop) so how come they can miss?

It also really made me wish there were more Clone Wars toys--in both styles. I liked Padme's snow suit. The Quarren were cool with their tridents. the IG-88 droids on the bikes were great. I liked the new Jedi and wonder why we got the three pack we did instead of some of these. Some of the arena monsters were pretty good. I even liked the space ghost alien styled Asajj in disguise when she greets Dooku outside the arena.

Palpatine, Padmé, the Whipid Jedi and Shaak Ti in particular would be great in the animated style, and even 3PO and R2 would be welcome.

I hope that there's more animated SW in the future along these lines.

LTBasker
04-14-2004, 12:24 AM
Ya know, the human Jedi from episode 20 looked like the human Jedi in the 3-pack sorta. It really kinda sucked though...all that getting worked up over a poll and whatnot for a character that only appeared in one episode. That guy should've been in more episodes!

evenflow
04-14-2004, 05:16 PM
Don't we all wish. I thought it kinda ended at a bad spot. Jedi being tossed around like rag dolls, Ki-Adi ready to make his move, and then. . . cut to Yoda. . . series ends. They definitely coulda continued for a few more episodes. But. . . I'm happy that we got something. . . maybe it's success will influence future cartoon endeavors?

Well maybe it will lead into Episode III. Even if it doesn't, it sets the tone for it. Jedi's will be dieing, no way around that.

El Chuxter
04-14-2004, 05:41 PM
Hold up a second! Durge could indeed be dead!!

Durge - the goo is getting itself back together. He hasn't been destroyed by Obi-Wan yet. IN THE COMICS - Durge returns with Ventress, by issue 52 or so, fighting with bio-weapons that killed all the Gungans that colonized one of Naboo's moons. The Separatists were preparing to strike Naboo to punish Palpatine and Padme Amidala.

Actually, last night I cracked open the Anakin Starfighter I picked up on clearance at Target (an awesome piece, BTW), and, according to the timeline in the included booklet, the [Second] Battle of Naboo (Republic 52) takes place one month prior to the Battle of Muunillist (the CW cartoons) and not after, as we both thought!

Asajj has popped up in several stories that take place after the CW cartoon, but Durge has yet to do so!

While it's doubtful that he is indeed hanging with Qui-Gon and our chances of ever getting a Lando in Smuggler's Outfit action figure (given the way the ooze seemed to be moving away of its own volition), we don't know that for sure yet.

Maybe it's just taking ol' Durgie-Boy a long time to reform himself and hook up with a new set of armor.

Or maybe. . . hoping to discredit the Mandalorean Supercommandoes he hates, he'll find a bashed up suit of Mandalorean armor and start using the name Jodo Kast and acting as a third-rate bounty hunter! Okay, full speculation on my part. :crazed:

THE Slayer
04-16-2004, 10:56 PM
I would most likely wet myself... ok probably not.. but almost if they made an animated Shak Ti... I know they wont so I will happen is she gets another figure in the E3 line....
AND, where is everyone getting their cool animated Icons.. or at least the high quality pics to make them?

Kidhuman
04-16-2004, 11:08 PM
I have the episodes downloaded and capture them with a screen cap program. Then minimize them to fit in the avatar specs. PM me if you would like the site.

Kidhuman
04-17-2004, 03:14 PM
I would most likely wet myself... ok probably not.. but almost if they made an animated Shak Ti... I know they wont so I will happen is she gets another figure in the E3 line....
AND, where is everyone getting their cool animated Icons.. or at least the high quality pics to make them?

Here ya go as requested.....

THE Slayer
04-17-2004, 05:46 PM
Kidhuman You Are Awsome!!!!

SuperBattleDroid88
04-26-2004, 11:01 PM
Could anyone post or give me a link where I can watch the 20th chapter without being a hyperspace member.... seems like it's not on cartoonnetwork.com...
thanks

Kidhuman
04-27-2004, 07:28 AM
Download them here. Click the beard. :beard: (http://www.bejedi.com/?mode=article&k=107)

Pendo
04-28-2004, 01:01 PM
Or click this beard :beard: (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00005JMZG/qid%3D1083171569/sr%3D11-1/ref%3Dsr%5F11%5F1/102-0978270-0177721) to order it of Amazon! Ok so you can't actually order it yet, but it's listed there :). Looks like it'll be coming soon :).

PENDO!

evenflow
04-28-2004, 03:46 PM
I am excited to see that about Amazon, but that has been up for a while. It doesn't really mean much because the RObin Hood Men in Tights has been like that for years and still nothing.

Kidhuman
04-28-2004, 09:30 PM
Why buy them when you can burn them for free?

Pendo
04-29-2004, 05:25 AM
Why buy them when you can burn them for free?I want to "burn" them, but not in the way you're thinking of :evil::crazed:!!!!!

Even though they were crap, I'm probably still gonna pick the DVD up :).

PENDO!

Kidhuman
04-29-2004, 08:21 AM
I dont forsee myself buying this since i have them on my computer. Unless they put a hidden episode on there, it will stay on shelves for me. :beard:

evenflow
04-29-2004, 10:10 AM
You shoudl buy it because downloading is screwing up alot of stuff. Personally I will buy it because I like to have official artowrk and stuff like that. I assume there will be some kind of special features.

Reefer Shark
04-29-2004, 10:47 AM
Hey evenflow,
In this particular case, AOL has offered up the episodes for a free download. So it's totally OK and legal. Download away!!!

:beard: :beard: :beard: Thanks again KH for the link, you rock! :beard: :beard: :beard:

I have 'em on my computer to hold me over until the official DVD comes out. I'll buy it cause I'm sure the picture & sound will be better. Plus I'm like you in that I really like the DVD extras, artwork, booklets, etc..

Kidhuman
09-23-2004, 02:56 PM
FOr anyone interested CN is showing them Saturday night at 730, 830, 930, 1030. Each 1/2 hour has 5 chapters in it. GOt my DVR set for this, so I can see them on the TV instead of the computer when ever I want.

El Chuxter
09-23-2004, 03:04 PM
Dammit. Why can't they just show all twenty marathon style? I don't want to sit through some tripe like Kids Next Door or the other garbage they've got on now that they've basically canned all their good stuff.

Kidhuman
09-23-2004, 03:48 PM
Actually Samurai Jack is in between them, so it is not so bad.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-23-2004, 05:10 PM
I would like to see some of this, but most of the time I will be watching the DVD of ESB. I already taped all twenty so I don't have to sit through commercials whenever I want to watch them, but I'll also get next spring's DVD.

stillakid
09-23-2004, 07:00 PM
I would like to see some of this, but most of the time I will be watching the DVD of ESB. I already taped all twenty so I don't have to sit through commercials whenever I want to watch them, but I'll also get next spring's DVD.

Yeah, I cut them all together and burned them to DVD. Much better that way. :D

-Durge-
09-23-2004, 09:48 PM
Guys, have we got any word pics of series 3 yet?

Kidhuman
09-23-2004, 09:57 PM
No we havent

El Chuxter
09-24-2004, 04:30 PM
Hey, KH (or anyone else), is there somewhere I can go to download the episodes? I tried the :beard: you put up earlier, but it now apparently requires Hyperspace membership.

Hyperspace makes me want to kick Lucas in the :Ogre:.

Kidhuman
09-24-2004, 08:09 PM
Hey, KH (or anyone else), is there somewhere I can go to download the episodes? I tried the :beard: you put up earlier, but it now apparently requires Hyperspace membership.

Hyperspace makes me want to kick Lucas in the :Ogre:.

Sorry boss man. That was the only place I knew of. I do have them on disc if you require a copy. PM me for details. :D