PDA

View Full Version : Mint Tusken Raiders, Do they exist?

rynobot
11-13-2002, 11:15 PM
I have yet to find a the new Tusken Raider with out any bubble damage. I have found two at Target, both had smashed bubbles. I bought one at Amazon.com, but it had a smashed bubble so I exchanged it for a new one and they sent me another one that had a smashed bubble. I then tried to send the replacement back and was told that the "problem" was larger then they had first thought. I then bought one through www.kbtoys.com, but that one also had the smashed bubble. I then found one this weekend at a WalMart but it also had a smashed bubble. So I am woundering if anyone found a mint Tusken Raider. I'm starting to worry that I will have to pay $10 for a mint one on E-Bay.

Dar' Argol
11-13-2002, 11:18 PM
Hmmm, none of the Tuskins that came into the store were bubble damaged. Matter of fact, everything in that case was perfect. I know, I put them out on Monday:D

rynobot
11-13-2002, 11:22 PM
Are there any left Dar?

Beast
11-13-2002, 11:24 PM
This is officially the most stupid question ever. Yes, there all like that. Dar must have gotten in a super rare case of figures, before Hasbro decided to release them in the new "Star Wars: Bubble Destruction" figure line. :stupid: :p :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jedi Master Silas
11-13-2002, 11:25 PM
Mine didnt have bubble damage....maybe its a geographic thing??

Dar' Argol
11-13-2002, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by rynobot
Are there any left Dar?

Not sure rynobot, Haven't been in to work since Tues. But there was some then. It was the last 2 cases of new stuff we got in, so . . . . . . .

rynobot
11-13-2002, 11:28 PM
so, I'd be an idiot to put pants on and buy gas for a simple toy that has been eluding me for the last 6 weeks.

I'm sorry JJB, I wasn't sure if they were packing them two tight and they were all getting crushed or not. It's quit a coincidence that Tuskens from NJ and from KB Toys and Amazon.com all were crushed. Then a store tells you that the crushed bubble problem is bigger then they thought it was. Hopefully Hasbro will make their bubbles stronger so they are not crushed so easily.

Beast
11-13-2002, 11:31 PM
Ding Ding Ding, We have a winner!! :crazed: :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Deoxyribonucleic
11-13-2002, 11:44 PM
About half of the ones I've seen where in great shape and the other half had "smashed bubble" syndrome along with the wattos as well???

Jayspawn
11-14-2002, 12:54 AM
The packaging on my Tusken was just fine, until I opened it!

Old Fossil
11-14-2002, 08:43 AM
I have the super-rare, HTF Tusken MOC. This is impossible to find in stores in this condition! Use BUY IT NOW and get it for only $5,000!!!***

***Order multiples and save on shipping!

Banthaholic
11-14-2002, 12:57 PM
I've only seen the new Tusken twice. The first time at TRU there was one bad and one good, so I obviously picked up the good one.
The second time at Wal-mart, I saw one in good condition, so who know rynobot, I'm sure fitting your needs will show up soon enough.

JangoFart
11-14-2002, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
This is officially the most stupid question ever. Yes, there all like that. Dar must have gotten in a super rare case of figures, before Hasbro decided to release them in the new "Star Wars: Bubble Destruction" figure line. :stupid: :p :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

I don't see where that crap is necessary at all. If you don't have anything constructive to add, then avoid the conversation.

Geez....

J

Beast
11-14-2002, 03:04 PM
JF, obviously you don't grasp the concept of sarcasm. So I will spare myself the time of attempting to explain the concept to you. Have a nice day. :p :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

The Overlord Returns
11-14-2002, 03:15 PM
Not only do they exist.........but the mint is perfect for those garlicky pasta dinners one is partial to every now and then.

JangoFart
11-14-2002, 03:17 PM
Oh, do please enlighten me with your wisdom on how "This is officially the most stupid question ever" is categorized as "sarcasm." Do give me a head's up before you do, so I can take notes.

Perhaps it is you who fails to "grasp the concept". If this was your attempt at "sarcasm", it is obvious that you have no clue of the "concept."

Enjoy.

J

steve3p0
11-14-2002, 03:34 PM
all these toys are shipped in simple cardboard boxes, sometimes they get damaged.

my tusken raider's package is in good condition but the massiff suffers from the classic lazy eye syndrome.

Prince Xizor
11-14-2002, 04:04 PM
Hmm, that's funny because My Tusken was all crushed all well. Not that it matters to me because I open all mine, but I remember all the ones on the pegs being crushed as well.

JEDIpartner
11-14-2002, 04:55 PM
Mine was perfectly good until I ripped the bubble off the cardboard. Sorry... :(

Besides... I prefer the carmel Tuskens myself. ;)

Darth Vellner
11-14-2002, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by rynobot
I have yet to find a the new Tusken Raider with out any bubble damage. I have found two at Target, both had smashed bubbles. I bought one at Amazon.com, but it had a smashed bubble so I exchanged it for a new one and they sent me another one that had a smashed bubble. I then tried to send the replacement back and was told that the "problem" was larger then they had first thought. I then bought one through www.kbtoys.com, but that one also had the smashed bubble. I then found one this weekend at a WalMart but it also had a smashed bubble. So I am woundering if anyone found a mint Tusken Raider. I'm starting to worry that I will have to pay $10 for a mint one on E-Bay.

.................What's this..."Bubble" you speak of..???!?:confused:

:crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed:
I have seen about 4 or 5 in stores and they were all fine...:cool:

Patient Zero
11-14-2002, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by JangoFart
Oh, do please enlighten me with your wisdom on how "This is officially the most stupid question ever" is categorized as "sarcasm." Do give me a head's up before you do, so I can take notes.

Perhaps it is you who fails to "grasp the concept". If this was your attempt at "sarcasm", it is obvious that you have no clue of the "concept."

Everybody shut up! I just now finally got the baby to sleep!:crazed:

This is a silly thread and you are all silly people. I'm going home. Oh wait, I am home. Damn! Foiled again!:stupid:

Val Da Car
11-14-2002, 05:28 PM
Around my area I have some scalper going to TRU, Target, Wally world and K-Mart and tearing the corner of all the new or exclusive figures...but amazingly he/she leaves the bubble entact!!!

JangoFart
11-14-2002, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by The Ghost of Jonna

Everybody shut up! I just now finally got the baby to sleep!:crazed:

This is a silly thread and you are all silly people. I'm going home. Oh wait, I am home. Damn! Foiled again!:stupid:

Amen to that.

All I'm saying is that it was completely unnecessary to say that Rynobot's question was "officially the most stupid question ever." There's NO purpose for such statements in these forums and to make them does nothing promote dialogue. If anything, if makes some people less likely to post for fear of someone with a holier-than-thou attitude rippin' into them. And, there's no excuse for that.

These forums are here for us to, mainly, discuss topics surrounding SW and SW toys. There should be no "stupid questions" here - unless we are all Hasbro employees and should know better. (Which we aren't)

J

Beast
11-14-2002, 06:00 PM
JF completely misses the sarcastic/joking nature of T.G.o.J's comments as well. Sad isn't it. :cry: :D But it is a silly question, it's not like all the figures are coming damaged. Just cause Rynobot exagerates wildly, I decided to make a sarcastic quip in return. That doesn't mean I'm serious, it's called sarcasm. Of course JF is a lawyer, so maybe his sense of humor isn't fully developed. :p :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JangoFart
11-14-2002, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
JF completely misses the sarcastic/joking nature of T.G.o.J's comments as well. Sad isn't it. :cry: :D But it is a silly question, it's not like all the figures are coming damaged. Just cause Rynobot exagerates wildly, I decided to make a sarcastic quip in return. That doesn't mean I'm serious, it's called sarcasm. Of course JF is a lawyer, so maybe his sense of humor isn't fully developed. :p :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

That's rich, JJB.

The sarcasm of you first post began after you attacked Rynobot. You were being, well, YOU and then decided to be sarcastic. And, yes, it is sad that someone like you, who admittedly has much knowledge of most of the topics here, decides to be an arrogant horse's butt most of the time instead of just sharing your knowledge and/or opinions.

I'll work on my sense of humor while you work on your sense of decency.

J

Beast
11-14-2002, 08:18 PM
I attacked the message, not the messanger. It is a stupid/silly question. It's like as if someone asked if there was chicken in that chicken sandwich. Why would Hasbro ship all their figures damaged? They wouldn't, so why would someone think that they did. It's simple logic. Perhaps a sarcastic joke about it being a stupid question, went over peoples heads. I'll try to talk slower if that will help. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

jobi
11-14-2002, 08:23 PM
Jango Fart, I know I'm about to do what I'm griping about but....

Couldn't this have been handled on PM's?? If you don't like JJB's sense of humor, sorry. Get used to it or hit the ignore user button. He's been around a long time and will be here even longer.

And if Rynobot isn't throwing a fit, and this was directed at him, why are you?

Old Fossil
11-14-2002, 09:20 PM
Thread closed!

Old Fossil
11-14-2002, 09:22 PM
Whoa... sorry... playing God again...

Beast
11-14-2002, 09:29 PM
You play god so well. Are you by chance channeling George Burns? ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

rynobot
11-14-2002, 11:50 PM
JJB, what did I exaggerate? Everything I posted was the truth. Was I hurt by JJB comments? Yes, Yes I was. But I knew if I said something I would be attacked.

So far I have yet to find a mint Tusken Raider, and Amazon.com told me the problem was bigger then they had thought and they fear to send another replacement.

JangoFart
11-14-2002, 11:58 PM
Well, there you have it.

As I said before, that kind of condescending, holier-than-thou crap that JJB said does not belong here. Someone needs to grab him by those floppy Gungan ears and swat him on the hiney with a newspaper. :)

I don't think I'm asking anyone to go out and build a Death Star here. A little civility is not asking quite that much.

J

stad
11-15-2002, 12:21 AM
Remember, there are no stupid questions. Just stupid people.

Dar' Argol
11-17-2002, 02:02 PM
And that being said Stad, and before this goes any further off topic . . .

THREAD CLOSED.