PDA

View Full Version : TIE Bomber available!

tagmac
11-13-2002, 11:26 PM
Entertainment Earth now has this listed for sale as a "former exclusive" for $49.99......I guess Hasbro made more than we all thought. Unfortunately, there is no limit of one per customer, so you know some scalper is gonna order 10 of 'em, then put them on e-bay for $100 as "super-rare," but for all you honest collectors out there who missed it, this is your chance to get one.

Beast
11-13-2002, 11:38 PM
Wow, what a rip off. They appear to be getting the "former exclusive" in at Yestertoys also, so don't order them from Entertainment "Ripoff" Earth. Yestertoys only wants $35.00 (mint) or $33.00 (non-mint) for one.

http://www.managerconsole.com/sites/yestertoys/index.cfm?fuseaction=detail&id=231738&product=1032
http://www.managerconsole.com/sites/yestertoys/index.cfm?fuseaction=detail&id=231738&product=1033
http://www.managerconsole.com/sites/yestertoys/index.cfm?fuseaction=detail&id=231738&product=1034

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Banthaholic
11-13-2002, 11:44 PM
I've seen the Tie Bomber around the $35-40 range browsing through other e-tailers. So I soubt a scalper would buy them up at $49 + s&h.

Beast
11-13-2002, 11:46 PM
Especially since, according to Yestertoys these are in new packaging. So they aren't going to be worth much of anything, if they are a commen "non-exclusive" product. More proof that Entertainment Earth jacks their prices up with a forklift. :p :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

tagmac
11-14-2002, 04:38 PM
And now they have the Skiff available, also for $49.99. Unless the packaging is changing here, I'd love to know hwere these were when people couldn't find them the first time around. Sounds like Hasbro's cleaning out the "limited exclusive" warehouse all of a sudden.

Beast
11-14-2002, 04:40 PM
Doubt that they are, since they would be sending them to the stores and not selling them to Entertainment Earth. Entertainment Earth probably just bought up a ton of them from overseas, since they were regularly released products over there. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

SirSteve
11-14-2002, 06:34 PM
pssst....

click here (http://www.figures.com/databases/action.cgi?setup_file=ssnews2.setup&category=starwars&topic=31&show_article=582)

Beast
11-14-2002, 06:40 PM
Cool Sir Steve, thanks for clearing it up and getting a picture of the new packaging up. Looks pretty darn good. Nice of Hasbro to try to get them out to a larger market. Hopefully this happens more often. To bad that the Hasbro contract with Target doesn't allow Hasbro to re-sell exclusives. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jedi Master Silas
11-14-2002, 07:06 PM
Are these going to be available in retail stores???? I got mine from Wal Mart at midnight madness when the EP2 figs were released but I wouldnt mind seeing one in person with new packaging...

Are they doing the WM exclusive Snowspeeder also??

Beast
11-14-2002, 07:10 PM
The front page reads as if they will be available at retail stores around December. So they should start turning up any day now. I don't think they are going to re-issue the Snowspeeder. Those hung around at retail long after the TIE Bomber was sold. So I don't think there is really any reason for it to be re-released. It could happen though. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
11-14-2002, 07:43 PM
According to rumours there's supposed to be a re-release on the snowspeeder too. They might have hung around over there but y'know, there's a whole world out here that never saw them..... :rolleyes:

Beast
11-14-2002, 07:47 PM
Sorry Jargo, I didn't mean to not re-issue them outside the US. I was referring to the fact that in US stores they hung around at retail for quiet a while after the TIE Bombers were already sold. I am more then happy to hear that the UK and other areas will be getting alot more access to things that were previously exclusive. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jedi Master Silas
11-14-2002, 08:18 PM
Oops sorry JJ this dang cold medicine is making me wacky.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
11-14-2002, 09:37 PM
Glad to see that they are being rereleased for later in the year. I thought it would have been well into next year before Hasbro decided to redistribute these babies.

Unless you were at my local Wal-Mart from a five hour bubble during Midnite Madness week, then you missed out.

Hopefully, I will have some leftover Christmas shopping $$$ to spend on myself during that time.

stad
11-14-2002, 09:58 PM
No kidding about the Snowspeeder, I seen a few at several Wal-Marts in a couple states over the past month!

Jayspawn
11-14-2002, 11:38 PM
Well the once again Wal-Mart exclusive TIE Bomber wil be available again around December. I'm happy about that because I really want one to open!

mark2d2
11-15-2002, 12:03 PM
This is great news, guys. This is by far IMOP the highwater mark in the line as far as ships go. Check out my review for furthur thoughts on this masterpiece.

It's so cool of them to bring it back. This is definitely one ship everybody should have.

I really hope that Walmart gets the Sand Crawler.

PS --- Yestertoys is top notch, by the way. That's how I got mine and it arrived in great shape.

Prince Xizor
11-15-2002, 02:21 PM
Very Cool. I only saw one once at Walmart, and I didn't have the money to buy it then. Hopefully I can find this one, and have the cash to grab it.

And I wouldn't mind a Snowspeeder rerelease either, those went off the shelves here just as fast as the Tie Bombers.

Old Fossil
11-16-2002, 02:08 AM
I agree with you, mark2d2. Yestertoys has always served me well. They have great prices and are very careful about their packaging. I've ordered a number of single figures from them, as well as the TIE Interceptor. I can't say enough good things about 'em.

BTW, wasn't it confirmed somewhere that WM will carry the Sandcrawler as an exclusive?

mark2d2
11-16-2002, 11:25 PM
Yeah, I read that two. But I think it was just "rumoured."

I know the ship is coming --- i just can't wait to see what Hasbro does with it.
There are great photos of is on 12back.com that shows how the inside has a raised platform with a second staircase leading to it.

The vintage mold was wicked cool.

I can't wait. It will sit proudly next to my TIE BOMBER.

SplFrcsCWO
11-22-2002, 07:33 AM
Isn't the re-release supposed to have more battle damage? I looked at the pics that were just posted and I don't see any damage.

Beast
11-22-2002, 12:35 PM
The battle damage is just some added paint in areas, like a spot of silver on the wings and stuff. It's nothing big deal, so thats why I'm not even gonna worry about repurchasing this one. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
11-22-2002, 02:35 PM
Me neither. New box - so what. whoosh of spray paint - so what big deal who cares. I suppose this is supposed to be some kind of variant that will have carded collectors going into a frenzy of hysterical giggling and moistness. They're welcome to it. Buy them all up so we can get something better on the shelves. Something legitimately new. Or at least a re-release of something from further back than the beginning of this year. Geez, to think they release this over the damn cloud car. Get a grip there Hasbro!!!! Go have a word with yourselves.

Beast
11-22-2002, 02:46 PM
I'm glad they are re-issuing it, so that people in the states and especially other parts of the world can get a chance at it. But I agree with Jargo. They could have waited a while to re-issue the ship. Especially with so many older ships that could use a re-issue, so that newer fans could get them.

That's one of the reasons why the A-Wing is so cool. It's a re-issue of a ship that hasn't been available since 97/98, but has a totally new paintjob. Now I will be buying one of those. And I concur with Jargo, make the damn Cloud Car. If Target wants to pass on it again this year, give it to someone else. :p :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
11-22-2002, 04:57 PM
Yeah, don't get me wrong, it's a fantastic vehicle all right. I just think it's a little soon to be re-issuing it and the paint job is laughable at the very least. Give me a spray can and I'll do just as god a job on your POTJ one for you. Save you a pot of money. Honestly what the hell are thoose star shapes supposed to be they sprayed on the wings? If those are supposed to be blast marks they want to fire their paint apps' designer. They are seriously ****! It really wasn't worth the bother to do it. Why can't they leave well alone? The damn ship is a fantastic sculpt and sells itself without crap like that added to it. Hasbro are just gilding the lily now and it's wearing very very thin I have to say. Just stop ****ing up the toys okay? How many times do you need telling that the toys sell themselves and don't need a helping hand from a spray gun or some sloppy dirty paint washed over them so they look like they've been pulled out of a sewage outlet. Stop it okay. Okay?

SplFrcsCWO
11-22-2002, 07:38 PM
I only managed to find 2 TIE Bombers the first time around so I'm glad it is being re-issued. They should lower the price due to that crappy paint job.

Beast
11-22-2002, 07:47 PM
The paint job isn't crappy, it's mostly just unneccisary. Like Jargo said, it doesn't look at like "Battle Damage". Frankly the added paint, other then the splotch on the wing isn't even noticible. Which, like I said before, is a good thing. :p

Means I don't have any intrest in buying it. They could have actually made it different enough, that I needed another one. If they want to make another version after this, modify the sculpt for the TIE Shuttle from ESB. I'll buy that. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-22-2002, 08:36 PM
I never got it, I never saw it, or the snowspeeder, I'll take one!
(And a snowspeeder if they'll do it again ;) )

Jargo
11-22-2002, 09:31 PM
Now, a new deco on the snowspeeder I'd take. I tend to buy two of each vehicle and so far I only have the one snowspeeder. If they redid it without all that horrid black paint sprayed all over it I'd be running to buy one. I really couldn't care less whether it comes in a saga box or a paper bag but a clean snowspeeder would be far better. Even a light dusting of spray would be okay just not that heavy handed over sprayed nightmare they shoved out before. I don't know about blast damage or battle damage it just looked fire damaged to me. like there'd been a big inferno at the factory and they just boxed up the remains of the stock. Is that black over spray supposed to make up for the lack of electronics or something? And Dack looks about as much like Dack as my dog does. Pick a rebel pilot, any pilot will do, right now lookat Dack and tell me if you see the rebel pilot you thought of or Dack Ralter. Is sticking the blue sigils on the helmet going to make it Dack? not really. And if that's a crashed speeder then I'm Michael Jackson's Rhinoplasty expert. They could have included the guns all bent up so you could swap them over. That would have cost them nothing. Just two bent up guns pieces. Harumph!

PS, don't mind me I'm just harumphing cuz my kitchen ceiling fell in and I'm totally stressed out. Just skip over this post if you want.

Oh, too late for that..... sorry.............

Beast
11-22-2002, 09:37 PM
Ack, your kitchen ceiling fell in? Well, that has to suck. Sorry to hear about that Jargo. And I'm all for a basic Snowspeeder, to keep this on topic. We have Wedge's and Luke's, so how about just a generic Snowspeeder next time, Hasbro. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

mark2d2
11-22-2002, 11:04 PM
Hey, the new paint doesn't do it for me, but as much as I love this ship I simply don't need another one anyway.

Still, I don't see why everybody is so mad at though. All we ever hear around here is EXCLUSIVES SUCK! THERE'S NOT ENOUGH FOR EVERYONE! and BLAH BLAH BLAH! WHAAAAAAAAAA! Finally a retailer restocks a sold out item and still everybody whines and complains. Seriously, I just don't get it.

SirSteve
11-23-2002, 01:19 AM
FYI - This isn't due out until next year. I just got word it will be Jan/Feb. Although this could change, that's the current word.

Old Fossil
11-23-2002, 01:23 AM
Well, if they ever should have reissued an exclusive vehicle, it was this one. One of the best, for sure. If they reissued the TIE Interceptor, I would roll my eyes, but the Bomber is a top of the line vehicle and more folks should be given the chance to pick one up. I got one the day after Midnight Madness, so I have no need for another, but I'm sure there are many around where I live who missed out.

Turbowars
11-23-2002, 11:00 AM
Bring it on. I'm a sucker with this ship. I'll probably have 3 in the end. I have the POTJ one and I'll have to get 2 of the Saga versions. One to open and one to keep sealed. Now if there was just a WM around me. Closest one is 20 miles from me.