PDA

View Full Version : AOTC VHS intro...

Jedi Master Silas
11-14-2002, 01:25 AM
Did anyone buy the VHS version of AOTC???? I bought it just to take to work because we only have a VCR. I was shocked at how cool the VHS intro was!! It was the entire story , except EP3, told buy 3PO and R2....it's worth watching if you get the chance. 3PO said in part of the intro that Obi Wan was on Tatooine to watch over and protect Luke whcih I thought was cool.....anyone else see this? Tell me what you thought.

Beast
11-14-2002, 01:34 AM
Yep, I saw it on Fox back before E2 opened. It's a cool little featurette called "Connections". They showed a section of it each night before the showings of TPM, ESB, and ROTJ. I'm a bit disapointed it wasn't on the DVD. Hopefully they stick it on the R2-D2: Beneath the Dome Mockumentary DVD. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JEDIpartner
11-14-2002, 07:57 AM
Hey! I totally didn't think of that! I have the VHS version as well... just so my VHS collection didn't suddenly stop between E1 and E4, 5 & 6!

Pendo
11-14-2002, 11:10 AM
I'm not planning on buying the VHS version, I may put it on my christmas list. I have never seen the Connections thing so it should be interesting to watch :)!

PENDO!

Toad
11-18-2002, 09:03 AM
Wow, sounds great. Can anyone throw out a link that I maybe read this "Connections" thing at? I'm not buying the VHS copy.

Thanks!

LTBasker
11-18-2002, 09:08 AM
I plan on buying the VHS version some time soon. So SW movie set is complete unless you've got a back-up way of watching. Just not real fond of the idea of watching AOTC in full screen when I've only seen it in widescreen.

Tycho
11-18-2002, 01:29 PM
I like the VHS intro, too. It is very cool for both showing it to folks who haven't seen the SW movies for a long time and are now interested in the new movie first. And it is cool to show to people who have never seen Star Wars, though it spoils the surprise that Darth Vader is Luke's father. Still, it is done very tastefully and I love it when C-3PO says, "it is a very sad story indeed." It reinforces the fact that Star Wars is a modern, classic tragedy much like the Shakespearean epics and the Greek epics that came before it.

I also hope that they will release a widescreen VHS in the coming years (or months) - and that it will have other goodies on it.

But the VHS tape was also very useful, such as for taking to my mother's, who does not have use for a DVD player, as she does not watch that many movies, but is definitely interested in the new Star Wars.

Dar' Argol
11-18-2002, 09:47 PM
This is also the same video that was playing on Wal-Mart TV company wide. So if you happened to catch that in WM and don't have the VHS, that's what they are talking about.

Darth Vellner
11-20-2002, 12:17 PM
About how long is the "Connections" VHS intro thing ??

Tycho
11-20-2002, 12:32 PM
8 - 10 minutes I think. Maybe longer, but not by much. It's way cool though!

bobafett07728
11-20-2002, 01:48 PM
The connections thing is pretty cool. My Mom didn't actually remember much of Episode I until she saw parts of "Connections." Unfortunately that is the only good thing about the VHS. The Pan and Scan really hacks the hell out of the film. There are quite a few scenes where Anakin is speaking, and he is not seen, or his face is chopped in half. It starts early too, when Anakin & Obi are in the elevator chatting, you only see half of each of their face. If anyone ever needed inspiration to go out and get a DVD player. . .the VHS version of Attack of the Clones is that inspiration!!!