PDA

View Full Version : New padme picture

187-Maul
11-14-2002, 10:06 AM
a scan of the new toyfare #65 of the new padme showed earlier by hasbro

the fig looks cool IMO, the face is the same (sreaming) but it looks as if you can pose her in a somewhat neutral pose
I guess I'll get her for my arena (though it's not really correct since the clothes are torn in the arena) just with her face facing the back of the dio so you won't see that face...:D

JEDIpartner
11-14-2002, 11:08 AM
I'm doing a head swap on this one. I saw the pic in the magazine and thought she looked like she was B-tching someone out! :rolleyes:

Banthaholic
11-14-2002, 12:54 PM
Looks nice, can't wait to see it hanging on the pegs

JEDIpartner
11-14-2002, 01:08 PM
...not that I don't LIKE the figure, but...

Arrogant Arse
11-14-2002, 01:26 PM
I just want to know what she is saying in that picture, that's all

JEDIpartner
11-14-2002, 02:00 PM
"Get away from me Anakin! You stink! You've been running around in that outfit for DAYS- killing Tusken Raiders, burying your mom, and now fighting those big A*$ bugs! No... I don't want you to kiss me. No... I don't want you to touch me! Just go take a shower and change your clothes!!!" :mad:

I think that's what she's saying... :D

LTBasker
11-14-2002, 02:00 PM
Not bad. Suprised she can stand up straight, the flowing cape looks bad though, I hope it's removeable. The face still looks bad with the yelling look, didn't they figure out by now with Geo Mace and all these yelling Anakins that they CANNOT pull that look off?

allenj456
11-14-2002, 06:16 PM
What other head could u use for this one?

Beast
11-14-2002, 06:21 PM
Looks good, even with the mouth open some. It doesn't look as bad as the first pictures we saw of it. Can't wait to pick her up. As for what head to use, if you don't like this one. Just use the head from the original craptaculer Padme figure. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Darth Trymybestus
11-14-2002, 07:01 PM
ahhh this figure looks awesome, it's mucho better than the Padme Amidala arena figure, I'll definitely be getting this one and dare I say it.. it's the best Padme figure yet!:)

This does raise the question of... if we've got a Padme Amidala Geonosis Droid Factory.. will we get an Anakin Skywalker Geonosis Droid Factory complete with articulation, metal lightsaber and a cloak? :confused: :) here's hoping! :D:crazed:

If I win the lottery, I will buy Hasbro and as my first act I will create a grand figure of an Anakin Skywalker - Geonosis Droid Factory figure :):crazed:
I seriously think that if we're gonna get an Anakin Skywalker figure with a cloak, this should be the scene that it should be from:)

Old Fossil
11-14-2002, 09:32 PM
Man, I really dig those boots.

Prince Xizor
11-14-2002, 09:40 PM
I think that cape is removeable, it looks it.

It better be.

Jayspawn
11-15-2002, 12:41 AM
I can't wait for this figure. I may get an extra to do a head swap on also. But it looks cool and I like the pose. It looks like you can put her little gun in the holster.

187-Maul
11-15-2002, 08:30 AM
you could use padme pilot's head and do the headswap (it's better than arena padme one) but I think a lot of people are having problems only to find one of her at the moment so...

JEDIpartner
11-15-2002, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Just use the head from the original craptaculer Padme figure. :)

You mean "Head in a vice, but my boobs look real nice" Padme? :D

Originally posted by 187-Maul
you could use padme pilot's head and do the headswap

True... it's a better head, but the hair is all wrong. You'd be making an EU Padme outta that one! :happy:

Jargo
11-15-2002, 02:51 PM
What you do is use the lower half of the head from pilot Spudme and the top half of this new ones head, just splice the two together. I don't actually recall Spudme screaming anywhere in the droid factory to be honest, she just grunted and ran around looking like she wished she'd listened to Anakin earlier on on Tatooine. Nice figure though. I can see ten points of articulation quite easily but fail to see where the eleventh and twelfth are, the boots turn do they? Wrists maybe? That cloak thingy looks like it'll just slip over her head.
What other pics did Toyfare show apart from this one? Did they have a bigger shot of Tyranus or Obi perchance? Or indeed the tusken raider? Mace I'm so not interested in with his gummy arms gimmick. Should start seeing pics of all the other early 2003 figures start showing up soon then.

Darth Detori
11-15-2002, 09:45 PM
the new toyfare is out? dang, I'm falling behind

LTBasker
11-16-2002, 02:24 AM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
True... it's a better head, but the hair is all wrong. You'd be making an EU Padme outta that one! :happy:

Well theres always TPM Amidala in her purple costume. Head looks quiet close to how she looked in that scene although I think it might be a little small...

JEDIpartner
11-17-2002, 10:55 AM
or too big! LOL

Jargo, they DID show pics of the new Obi-Wan and Tyrannus in the Toyfare mag.

The Obi-Wan head sculpt is VERY good, but the arms are locked in a "deluxe Mace pose" (except for the throwing action of the right arm). It looks like he will be packed with a spear and a mini column like Padme was.

Tyrannus is a rather unremarkable figure and still looks very similar to the first version minus the leg/arm gimmick.

the magazine also showed pics of the New Swoop and "Escape" Speeder bikes as well as film shots of Lama Su & Ayala Secura...

187-Maul
11-17-2002, 11:02 AM
do you happen to have a scanner or digital-cam, jedipartnr? or anybody else? I'd really like to see those pics...

Turbowars
11-17-2002, 11:20 AM
Heck, she looks good to me.

Jargo
11-17-2002, 02:02 PM
Thanks dale. :) If anyone can manage to scan in the pics I'd be very much obliged to them. If Obi looks better than the previous ones and is a little taller I'll probably make an effort to get him. Tyranus is unremarkable? The smaller pic hasbro premiered looked okay to me, maybe we do need to see this larger shot then. And better shots of the two speeders definately, I am so looking forward to both of those (despite the poopy figures they come with) :)

2-1B
11-17-2002, 02:52 PM
From Toyfare . . .

2-1B
11-17-2002, 02:55 PM

2-1B
11-17-2002, 03:00 PM
what the hell? I posted the Ani pic, then came back to post the Tyrannus pic but it replaced my previous post. :mad: There was a good 3 minutes in between.

2-1B
11-17-2002, 03:02 PM
This SHOULD be Tyrannus

2-1B
11-17-2002, 03:05 PM
JP, where did they show Obi-Wan in the new Toyfare? All I can find is one page, with that Padme pic posted by someone else, and on the same page is Tyrannus, Ani, the Shuttle, and this shot of Death Star sets . . .

Jargo
11-17-2002, 03:40 PM
That trash compactor shot is so funny :D Look though, the shuttle looks like it has a black cockpit canopy YAY! :happy: I really hope it actually comes like that, that'd be so awesome! Dooku doesn't look half bad on his speeder either. Anakin still looks like he's in 'roids pain though... :eek: I can see I need to start saving some pennies for the early part of next year. What a pity christmas comes in between, maybe I could plead poverty and not get any of my family any presents. Somehow i don't think that would sit well with my Mother..... :( Damn!

JEDIpartner
11-18-2002, 09:15 PM
Hmmmm... maybe it WASN'T Toyfare... I don't recall the pics having the word bubbles... the shots are IDENTICAL, though...

-that's really weird.

I looked at all these magazines at Borders last Monday (didn't buy)... but whatever magazine it was... also had a pic of every figure released from Episode I through the Ephant Mon wave (including every variant).

Jargo
11-18-2002, 09:19 PM
Toy review perhaps? both are out now. Both have star wars features. Both have Padme on the cover I think. I'm not sure though since i only see the covers and don't buy it.

Is it just me or is that shuttle cockpit black. Compared to the pic in the FAO catalogue it's definately darker.

jjreason
11-19-2002, 04:30 AM
Im not sold on this Padme, at least not that picture. The face...ees no good. We'll see what she looks like in real life, this is the outfit I thought they should have done in the beginning, but a little more basic.

JesusFreak
11-19-2002, 11:57 AM
I like everything but the face. I don't really mind the mouth open since that's how my Mace is but it just doesn't look like her much :(

187-Maul
11-19-2002, 12:12 PM
thanx for the pics Caeser, dooku looks really cool on his speeder, but anakin looks kinda stupid

JEDIpartner
11-21-2002, 04:16 PM
Okay... it was TOMART'S!!! Hahahaha... see how my mind is going, going... goooooooooingggggggg? :crazed: