PDA

View Full Version : DANG South Park was HILARIOUS last night!!!!!!

Pages : [1] 2

scruffziller
11-14-2002, 02:43 PM
Good job Wizard Fat Arse.........:D And also what Cartman said directly after that as well to Kyle.:p
I liked how they had Butters do the Golem hobble.
A very clever well thought out episode. One of the best ones I have seen in a while.

James Boba Fettfield
11-14-2002, 02:50 PM
The video stockyard? Jimmy, what's a video stockyard?

The Overlord Returns
11-14-2002, 03:24 PM
South Park is still on the air?

Well I'll be damned!

robman71
11-14-2002, 04:20 PM
That had to have been the best episode of South Park since the Succubus episode. I hope that the rest of the new episodes are as funny as this one.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-14-2002, 04:26 PM
Yes, i must agree, great episode, lots of attention to some detail too. I loved how Cartman did the "regretful eye closing" when Stan took the video just like Gandalf did when Frodo said he'd take the ring. Jimmy was funny...."You shall not pppppp....you shall not ppppppppppppp.....you shall not pass!" :D

James Boba Fettfield
11-14-2002, 06:46 PM
I liked the part where they had the black kid watch the video and he came back out after watching it, "I'm done playing." I laughed even more when the adults were explaining to him that the video he was watching was about love, and he asked them what it was when...well, if you saw it you know the part.

scruffziller
11-15-2002, 01:24 PM
The Butterses knowses..................

sith_killer_99
11-25-2002, 03:03 AM
I almost died laughing when they came across those kids playing Harry Potter.:D

LOL, that was TOO FUNNY!

scruffziller
12-08-2002, 04:07 PM
I noticed that the "Older Stan" in the trailer for the eps had short hair and the one in the actual ep had long hair.

JediTricks
12-08-2002, 07:40 PM
Different voices too, in the ad it's a regular voice but in the show itself he's got a "doper" voice. It stems from the show not really being finished until the last day (or sometimes the day after the first airing - which I believe is why some eps are missing sound effects on their first run).

scruffziller
12-11-2002, 03:14 PM
That's intersesting, since that is the first time I had noticed that kind of thing for SP.

scruffziller
12-12-2002, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by scruffziller
That's intersesting, since that is the first time I had noticed that kind of thing for SP.

I noticed they used a scene of the Harry Potter kids in a different scene set up when they were advertising a rebroadcast of that episode next week.

Oh by the way.

On the first day of Chr.............................Chr....
.............Ccccccc....c...c.c..cc..c.c.c.c.c.c.c .....
..c.c.c.c.c.c.c.c.c.c.cc.c.c.c.c.c.c.c.c.
.c.cc.....Chri..............i.............:D

James Boba Fettfield
12-12-2002, 01:59 PM
I know it was wrong to laugh at that, but damn that Jimmy stuff never gets old.

DahrJin
12-12-2002, 02:41 PM
"I just couldn't, I couldn't let him live. He shocked my balls!"...Santa

Twisted stuff, but funny as all hell.

Adam
12-12-2002, 05:23 PM
"And now, every Christmas we will remember that brave man.. Jesus!" - Santa

"My sons you should know.. I'm packing!" - Jesus

That episode was so wrong, yet oh so great.

JediTricks
12-12-2002, 07:48 PM
Yeah, there were some eye-poppers and jaw-droppers in the ep that just made it work - some of the stuff alone wouldn't have been funny at all, but this ep as a whole makes everything fit in. The ending was the best though, having you-know-who come back like nothing had happened was terrific.

scruffziller
12-13-2002, 08:01 AM
Oh yea, I forgot about that. Well technichally he did come back last time and just happened to be rematerialized by now. Maybe he entered the body of his successor? Did you notice that his voice was more understandable? However I didn't catch where he said he was.:confused:

Adam
12-14-2002, 01:39 AM
I just knew they would bring him back! But what happened to Butters? He wasn't in the episode at all...

JediTricks
12-14-2002, 04:23 AM
Butters is a b-string character who started out as a c-string character alongside Clyde, Jimbo, Ned, Token, Tweek, Bebe, and other kids. Like so many of these b- and c-stringers, especially Timmy who like Butters was added after season 1, the characters fade and reappear from time to time but never seem totally necessary to any one ep. Hell, Pip used to be a b-string character back in the day, even got his own special ep long before the Butters show ep.

BanthaPoodoo
12-16-2002, 11:27 AM
The most fantastic funny thing I thought about the show was Mr Hanky making the "Poo Choo Train"

I laughed so hard at that!!!! Then they broke into a song about it.... too hilarious.....

JediCole
12-16-2002, 06:00 PM
I was lucky enough to have happened to flip over just as the latest South Park take on Christmas began to air. I keep forgetting to watch these days! Needless to say it is difficult to say if this or the episode that featured Mr. Slave assisting Mr. Garrison in the classroom was the most irreverent!

I was glad to get to see it reaired as it will certainly be one of my favorites of all time. It was so wrong on so many levels that it shines out above most. The rejuxtaposition of the meaning of Christmas was brilliant. The sacrilegious elements were the best ever dared on television! And of course, it is always a treat to see Mr. Hankey return for the Holidays. It sure wasn't very Christmasy of the Iraqui soldiers to mistreat Santa like that! I will have to finally get around to renting "Black Hawk Down" as I suspect that the crash of the sleigh is a shot-for-shot reproduction of a crash sequence in that film. Especially given the use of "Red Sleigh" as a call name. The Poo-Choo Train was delightfully disgusting and Cartman was more Cartman-esque than we've seen him in quite some time. And perhaps Jimmy's rendition of "The Twelve Days of Christmas" will appear on a future South Park CD, in it's entirety! That would certainly kill more time on an album than "American Pie" (unless sung by Jimmy).

As for the seemingly apparant return of Kenny, why not? Death was always just a setback for the plucky kid in the too-tight parka. It will be good to have him back in the fold.

And of course on the initial Wednesday night airing of the episode, I really enjoyed the further treat of a reairing of Mr. Hankey's Christmas Classics! That has the single best rendition of the Carol of the Bells EVER! Most of the songs were great, but for me the terribly irreverent Christmas song by Satan will always be a holiday favorite. Especially given the timing of the original airing relative to JFK Jr.'s death (if memory serves). But at the same time, reportedly Anne Murray really wanted to sing "Blame Canada" on Oscar night, despite it's inflamatory remark about her, so perhaps the Kennedy family saw the tounge-in-cheek nature of the lyric and took it all in stride.

scruffziller
03-27-2003, 12:28 PM
DANG!!!!!!!!!

SP just gets more hilarious all the time. I loved the whole Chris Reeve thing switcheroo.

I was eating some Taco salad and about sputtered it all over my SW collection when Jimmy said

"I'm cool like a fool in a swimming

PPPPPPFFTTPPPFFFFTTTT!!!!!!!!

pool."

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

El Chuxter
03-27-2003, 01:15 PM
Okay, what did I miss? When did this show again become the funniest on TV? Seriously, about a year or two again, I quit watching because it had gotten so godawful bad, and the last few episodes I've seen were hilarious!

I was surprised to see a funny episode centered around Timmy. I'd thought before that his introduction was the beginning of the end, since at first he just wasn't funny at all.

Okay, who wants to catch me up to speed on a few developments while I wait for DVD releases of the last couple of seasons?

1) Who or what is Towelie?

2) Is Chef still around? How about Mephesto and Kevin, or Officer Barbrady? (Yeah, Barbrady showed up briefly last night, but does he talk anymore?)

3) What's the story on Kenny "permanently" dying, then showing back up again? And why does he no longer die every episode?

4) Wasn't Saddam Hussein killed a gazillion times and ended up in Heaven with the Mormons?

5) Did Jesus get killed in Somalia rescuing Santa, or do I have some bad info?

6) Butters a super-villain? Someone's got to clue me in on this!

DahrJin
03-27-2003, 03:04 PM
Butters a super-villain? Someone's got to clue me in on this!

Kneel before Professor Chaos......
http://sp24-7.harbucks.com/grabs/606/chaos55.jpg

Since the kids booted him out in favor of Timmay, as a replacement for Kenny, Butters has his new supervillian persona.

Professor Chaos tries to bring chaos and confussion to the world.

Like when he tried to flood the world with his garden hose....:D

scruffziller
03-27-2003, 03:05 PM
YEA!!!!:D :D :D

DahrJin
03-27-2003, 03:11 PM
I agree, for awhile there SP was getting boring so I quit watching as well.

But after tuning back in the past couple months, it's just as good, if not better than the first seasons. As an added bonus, it's now on 3 nights a week with a new episode every wednesday.

SWEEEEEEEET.

I know there's a DVD set of the first seasons, I see the ad on Comedy Central all the time, but is it available in stores?

DahrJin
03-27-2003, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by scruffziller

"I'm cool like a fool in a swimming

PPPPPPFFTTPPPFFFFTTTT!!!!!!!!

pool."

http://sp24-7.harbucks.com/grabs/702/crip46.jpg

"Maybe they meant they wanted snacks, yes, let's get them Gingerale and Marshmallows."

Loved the whole CRIPS thing. This episode made me laugh out loud for a change.

DarthChuckMc
03-27-2003, 03:24 PM
Bestbuy.com has Season one for $29.99 w. free shipping. It's also at the stores.

http://www.bestbuy.com/movies/productInfo.asp?m=270&e=11177812

Season two is available for pre-order

http://www.bestbuy.com/movies/productInfo.asp?m=270&e=11214281

DahrJin
03-27-2003, 03:26 PM
Cool, there's a Best Buy just down the street from my house, guess I'll have to stop in on the way home tonight.

Thanks.

DarthChuckMc
03-27-2003, 03:31 PM
And on April 15th

http://www.bestbuy.com/movies/productInfo.asp?m=270&e=11204412

Sorry Mrs., you can't park your van on the diving board.

That's not a van, that's my son.

DahrJin
03-27-2003, 03:36 PM
Sweet...

I miss The Family Guy. Me and the wife were just talking about the show the other day.

Add this one to the wants list.

JediTricks
03-27-2003, 05:58 PM
"and the last few episodes I've seen were hilarious!"
"Is Chef still around?"
How the heck could you have watched the last few eps and not know if Chef is around? He was all over last week's ep!

Towlie is a cybernetic towel who was created to spread the word about towel safety (or so they'd have you believe) but escaped from the lab and smokes a lot of dope. He was BTS (behind the scenes) created specifically as a parody to new characters created on shows to sell merchandising. Cartman called him "the worst character ever" and he agreed.

Mephesto and Barbrady are back to being background characters.

Kenny permanently died at the end of season 5 of a fatal disease that could have been saved by stem-cell research, but Cartman ended up using the donor-fetuses for his own financial gain instead, thus Kenny permanently died for season 6 (town square or city hall was named after him, IIRC). The end of season 6 had a Kenny-reset though, but I guess they don't feel killing Kenny every ep is funny anymore - too bad IMO because I do. :D

Yeah, that was what happened to Sadaam. I guess Chris was able to bring him back for the Legion of Doom.

That's how Jesus re-died.

Butters was originally picked as Kenny's replacement but deemed too lame so when the boys kicked him out of the group, he went "insane" and became a "super villain" to get revenge upon the world.

I thought last night's ep was trying a little too hard to be over the top, but it was mostly funny. It kinda sucks that Matt & Trey don't wanna do more than a handful of eps a year, Comedy Central said they'd drive dumptrucks of money up to their solid-gold houses for more but the SP team don't wanna even though it can take them as little as 3 days to make an ep.

I miss Family Guy too.

scruffziller
03-28-2003, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by JediTricks

It kinda sucks that Matt & Trey don't wanna do more than a handful of eps a year

I think they do it that way so they can keep current with issues going on.

JediTricks
03-28-2003, 07:33 PM
But it takes them as little as 3 days to make these eps, so if an issue comes up on Sunday they could have it to the show by airtime that Wednesday.

scruffziller
10-30-2003, 11:36 AM
Man the Christian Rock ep was great. This season seems to be one of the best ones ever. I found it really funny that Cartman finally got his just desserts. Even Butters gave him the bird!!!!!!!:D

James Boba Fettfield
10-30-2003, 07:16 PM
It's good to see Lars Ulrich jokes are still fresh in the year 2003.

JediTricks
10-30-2003, 07:36 PM
The ep itself was only ok, but the ending was hilarious! When Butters farted on Cartman and then flipped him off, I couldn't stop laughing.

bobafrett
10-31-2003, 01:05 AM
There were several scenes in that show that cracked me up, like when the cop takes the boys around and shows them Lars siitting by the pool, and tells them he is sad because with all the people downloading music, Lars will have to wait three month's to have his shark infested tank built next to his pool. I know I'm not getting ity exactly right, but I was laughing to hard.

JediTricks
11-01-2003, 04:28 AM
The FBI guy's spiel about Lars Ulrich wasn't entirely fair, Lars has said repeatedly that he doesn't care if people download completed songs, his problem was only with in-progress music getting released onto the internet. Plus, I don't believe most of Lars' active income is from album sales anyway. ;)

Pretty funny about Britney Spears' gulfstream jet tho'. :D

scruffziller
11-13-2003, 12:08 PM
Man what another great "Cartman messes with Butters ep."!!!!!!!!:D
I was afraid something bad was really going to happen to Butters this time getting stuck in the fridge for 4 days. As well as Cartman being nice to Stan and not caring about going.

"Well if Butters can't go, then you can."

......bingo........:evil: :D

bobafrett
11-13-2003, 12:37 PM
Oh, I missed that one. They play so many reruns, and I believe they are playing South Park Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday now. I have been missing out on a lot of the new seasons, mostly because I'm getting old and forgetful. Damn A.D.D.!

JediTricks
11-13-2003, 08:47 PM
Man, I found this ep so lame and predictable, it immediately hit my bottom-5 list. At least the credits gave thanks to Casa Bonita of Denver CO. :D

scruffziller
11-15-2003, 09:53 AM
Man, I found this ep so lame and predictable, it immediately hit my bottom-5 list.
MAN NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:
I was rolling the entire time. Messing with Butters never gets old!!!!!!
Of course we knew what was going to happen but just watching what happens
is what is funny because you can predict it. This season has got to be one of the best of all time.:happy:

scruffziller
12-11-2003, 11:50 AM
Man that RAISINS ep was hilarious. I really like how they have got Butters saying really harsh things to people but in his shaky, insecure Buttersesy voice.:D

scruffziller
12-18-2003, 11:47 AM
But it takes them as little as 3 days to make these eps, so if an issue comes up on Sunday they could have it to the show by airtime that Wednesday.Yea you are right, the proof was in the pudding on this weeks ep. Didn't see it coming.:D

I just picked up Season 3 on DVD!!!:p

JediTricks
12-19-2003, 12:35 AM
You are right about that! I'd say that would explain why there were no ads showing what this week's ep actually was about, but it wouldn't since most of those ads aired before Saddam's capture.

I must say though, I did see it coming. :D

scruffziller
12-19-2003, 09:57 AM
You are right about that! I'd say that would explain why there were no ads showing what this week's ep actually was about, but it wouldn't since most of those ads aired before Saddam's capture.

I must say though, I did see it coming. :D
Well then again who knows, they might have had that planned all along to have Saddaam but struck it rich when he was captured and was able to use his more recent likeness.:p

Alot of times I don't see things like that coming because I shut that switch off in my head. I guess I'm just gifted.:cool:

scruffziller
03-18-2004, 03:55 PM
Man last night's ep was great!!!!!!:D

The Butter's accident really freaked me out at first though.:eek: Knew it was going to happen though.

I really like the anime adaptation to the charachters it was really cool.

But....... I fell out of easy chair, so hard,(laughing that is) when Cartman tried to utilize his "invisibility power".:D

CaptainSolo1138
03-18-2004, 04:23 PM
But Cartman didn't mean to be naked. He just had a costume malfunction :D

JediTricks
03-18-2004, 09:18 PM
I thought it was funny, and the anime part was creative, but it seemed too all-around mean-spirited even for them, and Prof. Chaos should have fared better. :D

darthzirock
03-21-2004, 01:56 AM
Professor Chaos was kicking major butt as long as they were all pretend-fighting, but once Kenny threw the throwing star for real ... c'mon! He's a little kid! He has no powers in the real world! At that point, I almost thought I was going to soil myself laughing! Oh, and I was actually shocked that Kyle considered--even for a second!--going along with Cartman's plan to kill Butters and bury him in his backyard. Glad to see Kyle is still scared to death of his mom.

The whole "wardrobe malfunction" thing has been so overplayed in the media, but once again Parker & Stone find the fresh angle: parents going nutzoid over nudity while senseless violence gets a "free pass." Brilliant!

You know, that anime-style animation they did was actually better than some of the crap on Cartoon Network.

"Let's fighting! Protect my b@lls!"

scruffziller
03-21-2004, 10:16 AM
The whole "wardrobe malfunction" thing has been so overplayed in the media, but once again Parker & Stone find the fresh angle: parents going nutzoid over nudity while senseless violence gets a "free pass." Brilliant!
Stone & Parker are friggin' geniuses.:zzz:
What I found that was brilliant was how they worked that in there and we didn't even see it coming, at least I didn't. I was just laughing so hard at Cartman trying to use his ninja power, that I lost all thought pattern. Hey JEDI TRICKS did you see that coming or did it catch you off guard?

Oh, and I was actually shocked that Kyle considered--even for a second!--going along with Cartman's plan to kill Butters and bury him in his backyard. Glad to see Kyle is still scared to death of his mom.

Yea that was a real cool twist. I thought Whoah!! Kyle agreeing with Cartman on something that extreme!!! I really was moved by that. Once again, sheer genius.

JediTricks
03-21-2004, 06:04 PM
Cartman going nude? As soon as he said he had powers of invisibility, I knew we were going to nudie-land. :D

Kyle agreeing to kill Butters, that was precious. :p

scruffziller
03-21-2004, 06:56 PM
Cartman going nude? As soon as he said he had powers of invisibility, I knew we were going to nudie-land. :D

No, working in the social issue, of the Janet Jackson spoof. Did you see that coming?

JediTricks
03-21-2004, 07:24 PM
Oh, no. In fact, I didn't really put it together at all... ever. I see it now that you hand it to me on the proverbial platter, but I didn't catch that element of it on my own.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
03-21-2004, 10:38 PM
I love anime, I love South Park. This episode was a real treat for me. I loved the theme song, it was hillarious! :p

scruffziller
03-22-2004, 08:43 AM
Oh, no. In fact, I didn't really put it together at all... ever. I see it now that you hand it to me on the proverbial platter, but I didn't catch that element of it on my own.
Glad to hear it. You had seemed to have been disappointed with some of the last seasons eps and glad to hear that this one had your eyes wide with dazzling surprise. If I really liked a show that I watched all the time and was disappointed because it was way too predictible, this ep would be a refreshing outlet.

scruffziller
03-26-2004, 11:59 AM
Well the "roid" ep was disappointingly boring for the most part. Not very many witty lines or situations except for Cartman's little talk with Kyle in how he was making progress.:D
The Jimmy roid rage incident was rather disturbing. Even more so when in that one ep when Cartman made his "special chili" for that kid to eat.

The Mr. Mackey and Timmy talk could have been funnier than it was.:(

JediTricks
03-26-2004, 08:24 PM
Yeah, this felt predictable, cheap, and lame, even the "message" at the end was a blatant rip-off of the ending to The Butters Show ep. All I could think by the halfway mark was "ohhh! This is why they won't do more than 8 eps at a time anymore and less than 16 eps per season, they have run out of ideas and writing talent." I'm hoping that this ep was a fluke low point though.

scruffziller
03-27-2004, 11:33 AM
even the "message" at the end was a blatant rip-off of the ending to The Butters Show ep.True, but I still thought it was funny because it hit me half way through that they were doing that again and was funny for that reason but with another subject. Sometimes repeating themes of that nature can be effective if done right and this time it was, I thought.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-31-2004, 10:37 PM
Holy Crap. This episode was beyond wrong, but i don't think i've laughed harder at a SP episode...well, maybe when Cartman walked across the stage naked last week, but this was just off the wall. Great episode! :D

darthzirock
04-01-2004, 03:12 PM
Well, Parker, Stone & company have done it again! Last night's episode, "The Passion of the Jew," was abso-freakin'-lutely hysterical! They nailed it right on the head (pun intended) regarding all the ridiculous fervor surrounding Mel Gibson's 2-hour "snuff film." Cartman, dressed in brownshirt attire, leading the Christians down the center of town chanting anti-Semitic slogans in German--which they believe to actually be ancient Aramaic--was sheer genius. And their depiction of Gibson as a masochistic, unhinged, pampered dingbat was precious. This series just gets better with each new episode in Season 8. I hope it eventually outlasts The Simpsons as TV's longest-running animated primetime series!

JediTricks
04-01-2004, 06:50 PM
The very last thing that happens in the ep had me rolling with laughter, but up until that point I felt like it was too barbed, the anti-semitism stuff outbalanced the actual message of the episode and came off uncomfortable.

scruffziller
04-02-2004, 11:00 AM
To say the least I was actually disappointed and for the most part offended by this ep.:zzz: I can't believe that Stone and Parker would stoop to the level that they did by imitating the attitude that had been circling the subject. They had always seemed to bring in the true insight of the truth to subjects, but this, they did the very opposite and made a very blatant, ignorant portrayal of something they show they know nothing about. As a rabid fan of the show, it saddens me.:cry: Well JT it seems we shared an experience on this one.:) :(

darthzirock
04-06-2004, 02:24 AM
To say the least I was actually disappointed and for the most part offended by this ep.:zzz: I can't believe that Stone and Parker would stoop to the level that they did by imitating the attitude that had been circling the subject.

How did they "imitate the attitude that had been circling the subject"? Wouldn't their take on the subject be whatever they, personally, felt about it? And if they felt that the film was the demented product of a warped view of Christianity that doted on the brutalization of Christ and the opinion by certain sects that the Jews were responsible for it, then isn't it just as valid a viewpoint as those that disagree? I think they put it quite plainly that they felt by focusing solely on Christ's execution, instead of on his teachings, Gibson trivialized the message of peace and love towards all men that is supposed to be the focus of his teachings.

They had always seemed to bring in the true insight of the truth to subjects, but this, they did the very opposite and made a very blatant, ignorant portrayal of something they show they know nothing about. As a rabid fan of the show, it saddens me.:cry:

And how did they "show they know nothing about" The Passion of the Christ? They very obviously saw it. They very obviously formed very strong opinions on the reactions audiences nationwide are having to it, and how the Jewish community has reacted to it. They very obviously--at least to me--concluded from the various interviews and statements made by Mel Gibson that the man has a rather skewed view of what the teachings of both Christianity (and Catholicism, since Gibson is one) are. Just because they don't hold the film in the same regard as you, does that automatically invalidate their opinions and conclusions? No one is allowed to disagree with you?

Well JT it seems we shared an experience on this one.:) :(

I'd think any South Park fan would, by now, realize that Parker and Stone aren't really all that concerned if their views on various social issues are popular or not. Sometimes, by slapping us in the face with a view that contradicts our own, SP can not only make us confront just why we hold opposing viewpoints, but use their in-your-face satire to make us realize that just maybe their viewpoints aren't so radical after all.

I saw The Passion of the Christ and, frankly, my opinion of it and Mad Mel's particular flavor of Christianity is even more critical than South Park's was. I have to wonder when, just a year earlier, the film The Gospel of John came out in limited release, gained very good reviews and praise from various clergy, that it barely made a blip on the public's radar. It wasn't controversial, it didn't bludgeon its audience with excessive brutality, and it didn't need the gimmick of being filmed in dead languages. SP, by referencing back to the Lethal Weapon series and Braveheart, zeroed in on Gibson's fascination with depictions of heroes who go through a series of graphic, brutal tortures in order to validate their status as heroes; as if, without these trials, their acts would be any less heroic. By further examining his obsession with the Three Stooges, they then pegged him as a depraved, violence-junkie. Are they wrong? Possibly, but they aren't the first to make those observations. All they did was take it to the same extremes that Mel himself did in TPOTC.

Wow ... those film theory classes in college finally paid off! :D

scruffziller
04-06-2004, 11:56 AM
How did they "imitate the attitude that had been circling the subject"? Wouldn't their take on the subject be whatever they, personally, felt about it? And if they felt that the film was the demented product of a warped view of Christianity that doted on the brutalization of Christ and the opinion by certain sects that the Jews were responsible for it, then isn't it just as valid a viewpoint as those that disagree? I think they put it quite plainly that they felt by focusing solely on Christ's execution, instead of on his teachings, Gibson trivialized the message of peace and love towards all men that is supposed to be the focus of his teachings.

And how did they "show they know nothing about" The Passion of the Christ? They very obviously saw it. They very obviously formed very strong opinions on the reactions audiences nationwide are having to it, and how the Jewish community has reacted to it. They very obviously--at least to me--concluded from the various interviews and statements made by Mel Gibson that the man has a rather skewed view of what the teachings of both Christianity (and Catholicism, since Gibson is one) are. Just because they don't hold the film in the same regard as you, does that automatically invalidate their opinions and conclusions? No one is allowed to disagree with you?

I'd think any South Park fan would, by now, realize that Parker and Stone aren't really all that concerned if their views on various social issues are popular or not. Sometimes, by slapping us in the face with a view that contradicts our own, SP can not only make us confront just why we hold opposing viewpoints, but use their in-your-face satire to make us realize that just maybe their viewpoints aren't so radical after all.

I saw The Passion of the Christ and, frankly, my opinion of it and Mad Mel's particular flavor of Christianity is even more critical than South Park's was. I have to wonder when, just a year earlier, the film The Gospel of John came out in limited release, gained very good reviews and praise from various clergy, that it barely made a blip on the public's radar. It wasn't controversial, it didn't bludgeon its audience with excessive brutality, and it didn't need the gimmick of being filmed in dead languages. SP, by referencing back to the Lethal Weapon series and Braveheart, zeroed in on Gibson's fascination with depictions of heroes who go through a series of graphic, brutal tortures in order to validate their status as heroes; as if, without these trials, their acts would be any less heroic. By further examining his obsession with the Three Stooges, they then pegged him as a depraved, violence-junkie. Are they wrong? Possibly, but they aren't the first to make those observations. All they did was take it to the same extremes that Mel himself did in TPOTC.

Wow ... those film theory classes in college finally paid off! :D
Believe me I would like to comment further but we don't want this thread to be closed because we got too heavily into a discussion due to spirituality and religion, which is forbidden on these threads. I pushed the envelope on my post but stopped it there. If you wish to discuss it further with me you can e-mail or PM me, I certainly will.

JediTricks
04-06-2004, 04:16 PM
I'm just glad I got my ticket money back on BASEketball. ;)

scruffziller
04-07-2004, 11:55 AM
HUH!!!!!!!!!:eek: That movie was great!!!!!!:cry: :D

darthzirock
04-07-2004, 02:59 PM

Apples and oranges, JT, apples and oranges. Plus, like a majority of the planet (so it would seem), I've never seen the film, so I can't really comment. I take it that it wasn't nearly as good as, say, South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut, huh?

JediTricks
04-07-2004, 07:16 PM
It was a reference to something Kenny and Stan said in last week's ep! Was I the only one who caught it?

BASEketball wasn't terrible, it was weak but not "walk out in the middle" bad... nowhere near the genius of SP:BLU of course, and the ending where Matt & Trey french kiss for a minute or so kinda makes you want to scrub your eyes with brillo pads.

El Chuxter
04-07-2004, 07:55 PM
It was a reference to something Kenny and Stan said in last week's ep! Was I the only one who caught it?

No, I caught it, but I wanted to make it look like you were the only one. ;) Actually, I was about to say that I assumed the quotation was what you probably meant, but you beat me to it, so my post is now superfluous. :beard:

JediTricks
04-08-2004, 06:17 PM
Sure ya did Chux, suuuuuuuuuuure. ;)

Last night's felt like it was going to be super pedestrian at first, maybe a rehash of the skiing episode ("pizza, french fries, pizza, french fries") but then it had some funny jokes that kept me interested until we got to the REAL meat of the episode... Butters' trauma. OMG, I was dying once we saw how it went down, I thought it'd be funnier if they just alluded to it, but once the mayhem began I was in stitches. And the ending was hilarious, with poor Butters more traumatized than ever. Plus, for the first time in far too long, Chef had an actual role to play and lines to read: "You have the soul, but no heart... no wait, you have the heart, but no soul... you have the heart and soul, but no talent!" THIS episode is a great reminder of why I keep coming back even after threats of another Lemmiwinks episode. ;) Butters is turning out to be the real breakthrough character in the series, far surpassing Timmy & Jimmy.

scruffziller
04-08-2004, 10:18 PM
.......I got something in my front pocket.....for youuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...........:D

JediTricks
04-09-2004, 02:18 PM
Hee hee, you have to wonder if Butters picked that song out or his creepy mom or dad did. :D

El Chuxter
04-09-2004, 02:35 PM
I missed this week's ep, but I can gather from your post that you don't like Lemmiwinks very much, JT. :D

scruffziller
04-09-2004, 02:51 PM
Hee hee, you have to wonder if Butters picked that song out or his creepy mom or dad did. :D
Yea, but it sure went along with the......occurances.........;)

JediTricks
04-09-2004, 03:29 PM
Chux, catch this week's ep as soon as you can, it's probably playing like 3 more times before next Wednesday.

It's not that I dislike lemmiwinks per se, but that first ep was painfully repetitious to begin with and I don't see how they're going to do anything original and/or funny with the idea this time around. It was just crass for the sake of being crass after a while and that's not enough for me.

Scruff, you suggesting it has something to do with Butters' gay dad or Butters being turned over to the NAMBLA convention to save Cartman and the gang? ;)

scruffziller
04-10-2004, 09:21 AM
Scruff, you suggesting it has something to do with Butters' gay dad or Butters being turned over to the NAMBLA convention to save Cartman and the gang? ;)No the creepy song set the tone for the people getting their heads bashed and sliced.....:D

But now that you say that, it might be I hadn't thought of it.:D

darthzirock
04-11-2004, 01:17 AM
I'm telling you, Season 8 is shaping up to be one of the best seasons ever for SP! The mayhem and carnage caused by Butters' flying tap shoe in the flashback was funny enough, but the repeated event at the Dance Off was just a scream. Glad to see Chef really involved in the plot, too. Oh, and it was nice to see them revisit the Raisins girls and the Goth clique. Al in all, it was pretty sweet.

Based on the quality we've seen so far, I'm thinking the return of Lemmiwinks just might be better than the first Lemmiwinks ep, JT.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-11-2004, 02:30 AM
I just got done watching this rerun and it was flippin' HYSTERICAL. What made it funnier was that my friends and i got caught watching parts of "Honey" which all about dancing and "Oooooooooo" and all jazz.

When they showed Butters and his past, i was nearly crying. That was song was SOOOOOOO DAMNED funny.
'I got something in my pocket, just for you" lol I'm still singing it to myself. Anyway, great episode. I hope everybody catches the rerun. Cheers! :D

JediTricks
04-11-2004, 09:00 PM
Based on the quality we've seen so far, I'm thinking the return of Lemmiwinks just might be better than the first Lemmiwinks ep, JT.darthzirock, I may have to remind you of that comment next Thursday. ;)

BTW, last week's ep, the Passion parody, was the series' second-highest-rated episode ever (after the ep where we learn of Cartman's parentage) with 4.4 million viewers, as well as that Wednesday night's top show for broadcast or cable.

scruffziller
04-15-2004, 12:48 PM
Man!!!! The AWESOM-O ep was ..........AWESOME!!!!:D
A really well put together ep without any need for taking a stab at current issues.(except they seemed to rehash something from Hellboy):D
The closing scene was hysterical!!!!!:D

JediTricks
04-15-2004, 10:33 PM
At first, it seemed like it was going to be fairly average, but as soon as Butters mentioned he had something on Cartman, I knew it was going somewhere good, and for the most part it was pretty funny. Once they got past Butters giving away the studio money, it went downhill, but that last scene was pants-soiling-funny. :D

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-15-2004, 10:37 PM
"Um, it's about Adam Sandler who falls in love with a woman....and finds out she's a german shephard."
......................."Brilliant, we'll call it 'puppy love!!!'"

Like JT, i thought it was average and then got damned hilarious. I'm still trying to find an mp3 of that "I've got something in my pocket for you" song as it's been in my head for a week now. I heard last night, Lemmiwinks was supposed to return, but the episode got delayed. Shame, cos he's one brave little gerbil. :crazed:

JediTricks
04-15-2004, 11:43 PM
I thought the Lemmiwinks comment at the beginning of the episode was a joke, a la "Who IS Cartman's Father, part 2", but maybe not, they did mention in this episode that Cartman tried to exterminate the Jews 2 weeks ago, when in fact it happened last week.

UPDATE - according to the official site, they had a production stall and now the Lemmiwinks Easter ep is up in the air, so the aired the new ep last night that was originally scheduled to run 4 eps ago, and then I guess was supposed to air next week.

Did anybody else find it amusing that Cartman named his robotic self "Awesom-o", a reference to Toyota's humanoid robot "Asimo" (which itself is named after science-fiction writer and creator of the fictional "laws of robotics" Issac Asimov)?

BTW, that tune is up now on the official SP site: http://www.southparkstudios.com/down/sounds.html?season=8&min=3

darthzirock
04-16-2004, 01:50 AM
I thought the Lemmiwinks comment at the beginning of the episode was a joke, a la "Who IS Cartman's Father, part 2", but maybe not, they did mention in this episode that Cartman tried to exterminate the Jews 2 weeks ago, when in fact it happened last week.

No, it was two weeks ago ... last week was the "You Got Served" parody, with Stan getting challenged to the dance competition by the Orange County crew, remember?

Dang ... so the Return of Lemmiwinks episode might get tossed out, because it was intended as an Easter show? Bummer!

JediTricks
04-17-2004, 03:02 AM
Wow, no, I had forgotten due to my poor short-term memory. You're right. It's so easy for them to throw lines into these eps to fix those sorts of things too.

I don't think that's why we won't see the Lemmiwinks 2 ep, either they're being honest and it's just a production stall, or my guess is what they came up with was so offensive it gave the Comedy Central execs serious pause (and those are the execs who liked the idea of the episode where they said "s**t" on television).

Oh yeah, and Asimo was made by Honda, not Toyota.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-21-2004, 11:03 PM
Damn....tonights episode was just wrong for so many reasons. I didn't see that nose bit coming at all until it actually happened and i laughed my arse off. As soon as he started breaking apart and you saw his red shoulder, I just mumbled "thriller" and I was right!! Great episode!! :D

I do want the return of Lemmiwinks though! :crazed:

Droid
04-22-2004, 11:58 AM
Did anyone notice the Star Wars iconography that got stuck in shots with Blanket? When he was crying on his bed there was an Ewok doll. Then there was that AT-ST/Robocop creature that was seen in the Halloween episode several years back (where Kenny dressed up as the AT-ST Robocop thing) in his room. If I watched it again I would see if there was anymore Star Wars imagery.

A great episode. I lost it when he came through the window dressed as Peter Pan, when he sang with Cartman, and when Cartman said, "Pardon my French, Mrs. Marsh, but S**k my big hairy b****."

El Chuxter
04-22-2004, 01:18 PM
Yeah, Droid, I caught both of those. There may have been more, but I was laughing pretty hard.

Stupid question: the kid who stands in for Blanket. I missed his name. I assumed at first it was Craig (especially with the "You finally get to do something" line). But then when he's killed, we get the famous "Oh my God, he killed Kenny!" I can't remember for certain, but I believe Kenny's hair was blonde and he sounded kinda like Craig without his hood. So was this Kenny (and a hopeful return to this recurring gag) or was it Craig and the kids were mistaken or something?

darthzirock
04-22-2004, 02:34 PM
Stupid question: the kid who stands in for Blanket. I missed his name. I assumed at first it was Craig (especially with the "You finally get to do something" line). But then when he's killed, we get the famous "Oh my God, he killed Kenny!" I can't remember for certain, but I believe Kenny's hair was blonde and he sounded kinda like Craig without his hood. So was this Kenny (and a hopeful return to this recurring gag) or was it Craig and the kids were mistaken or something?

It wasn't Craig, but it wasn't Kenny, either. I didn't tape the episode, but it repeats this weekend.

Meanwhile, if you want to hear "I've Got Something In My Front Pocket," click hyah! (http://www.southparkstudios.com/down/sounds.html?season=8&min=3)

Droid
04-22-2004, 02:42 PM
I don't think it was Kenny or Craig. I think they said, "Oh my God, they killed Kenny!" as a joke because it WASN'T Kenny. But I don't know who it was that got killed.

darthzirock
04-22-2004, 02:52 PM
I don't think it was Kenny or Craig. I think they said, "Oh my God, they killed Kenny!" as a joke because it WASN'T Kenny. But I don't know who it was that got killed.

Well, after a quick check at the SouthParkStudios.com BBS, it turns out it was Kenny! They never called the blond kid by name, just "dude." Plus, how did some unknown kid know he'd be too big to fool Mr. Jefferson into thinking he was Blanket? So, it was Kenny, and I guess that, at least for this episode, we got another "Oh my god, they killed Kenny!" scene. Is the recurring Kenny-gets-killed back for good? I guess the next few episodes will tell.

hango fett
04-22-2004, 03:24 PM
dear god that was funny last night. "that's ignorant!" they just really salm him on almost every show that makes fun of him. AND I LOVE IT!!!
"That's ignorant!"
HF!

scruffziller
04-22-2004, 05:36 PM
Well, after a quick check at the SouthParkStudios.com BBS, it turns out it was Kenny! They never called the blond kid by name, just "dude." Plus, how did some unknown kid know he'd be too big to fool Mr. Jefferson into thinking he was Blanket? So, it was Kenny, and I guess that, at least for this episode, we got another "Oh my god, they killed Kenny!" scene. Is the recurring Kenny-gets-killed back for good? I guess the next few episodes will tell.As soon as it happened, I had no second thoughts whatsoever!!!:D All I said was "WHOAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
I was overwhelmed with the realization..... what friggin' genius!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you listen closely it sounds just like "unmuffled" Kenny.

When I watch SP I don't try to think or guess anything, I just let the river rapids of the madness that is South Park sweep me away!!!!!!:crazed:

JediTricks
04-24-2004, 12:23 AM
I thought the "That's ignorant" gag was funny, but seeing it a million times in the ads killed it for me. Most of this ep didn't get me at all, the corrupt cops stuff, Jacko, it wasn't really SP-level of funny to me, but when they had the unmasked Kenny get killed, that had me rolling with laughter! Up until then, I had been wondering who it was because it didn't sound like any of the other kids in town and the boys suggested he "finally" got to do something, so having it be Kenny really took me off guard.

BTW, it didn't sound like previous incarnations of unhooded Kenny to me, the first one being the Mike Judge voice at the end of SP:BLU.

scruffziller
04-24-2004, 01:48 AM
BTW, it didn't sound like previous incarnations of unhooded Kenny to me, the first one being the Mike Judge voice at the end of SP:BLU.
If this was a response to my post let me clarify. I didn't mean to say that it sounded like Kenny when we have heard him in the past with his hood off. What I meant that if you could imagine the voice here being spoken but through some thick cloth it would be the voice we have always heard from Kenny through his hood. In saying that I believe they had the person who does his voice(in muffling it) spoke for this part.

Does anyone have a comparison pic for Kenny from BLU to the Kenny from this ep.

JediTricks
04-26-2004, 03:00 PM
Ah, ok, I see what you mean. I would think it'd have to be a little higher pitched, but who knows.

scruffziller
04-29-2004, 01:40 PM
Now last night's ep was beyond gross.

JediTricks
04-29-2004, 06:26 PM
I taped it and watched it this morning, this was so much of what I haven't liked of the recent previous seasons - the writers feel they have something to say about a social or political issue and try to put a "South Park spin" on it without really writing a great episode or delving deep into the issue, it's like "The Simpsons meet M*A*S*H". It had some funny moments, but ultimately I felt like I was being duped and it left me cold.

JediTricks
06-18-2004, 06:28 PM
Butters, no! How could you get caught like this??? Professor Chaos deserved better... http://www.cnn.com/2004/LAW/06/17/dr.chaos.ap/index.html

(In all seriousness, you think South Park writers knew about this Dr Chaos dude or is it just the funniest coincidence of all time?)

scruffziller
06-19-2004, 09:23 AM
HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!:D That's great!!!

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
06-23-2004, 12:03 PM
This may be from an older episode, but just saw it recently.

They Took Our Jobs!

Dey Tuck Our Jerbs!

Der Der Der Derrrrrrrrrr!

scruffziller
07-22-2004, 03:28 PM
Picked up season 4 on DVD today!!!!!!:D THe introduction of TIMMMMMMYY!!!!:crazed: .

It also has the NAMBLA ep on it.:D

scruffziller
11-16-2004, 10:20 AM
The new season has been real hilarious. The WALL-MART ep was great.
DON"T LOOK AT ITS LOW PRICES!!!!!!!!!!!!:D I like the Captain Pike tribute on the PRESHCOOL ep.

El Chuxter
12-16-2004, 01:05 PM
Last night was the first time this season that South Park was more "wrong" than Drawn Together (which was funny but surprisingly tame last night).

"Christmastime will soon be here
The time that comes but once a year
It's a woodland critters' Christmas!
Hail Satan!"

scruffziller
12-20-2004, 06:49 PM
Last night was the first time this season that South Park was more "wrong" than Drawn Together (which was funny but surprisingly tame last night).

"Christmastime will soon be here
The time that comes but once a year
It's a woodland critters' Christmas!
Hail Satan!"
YES!!!!!!!!:D

I laughed my arse off though when we find out it is nothing but a story written by Cartman to rip on Kyle again!!!:D

hango fett
12-26-2004, 10:04 AM
that was an awsome episode! i was a little freaked out with they started to tear each other up and stuff, but it was great when cartman started talking and having kyle say the jewish will rule the world!
:D
HF

Turbowars
12-26-2004, 10:39 AM
Hango Fett, I thought the same thing about the critters getting massacred. I have a soft spot for animals, even if they are Satans helpers.:p Great episode once again. Cartman Rules!

General_Grievous
02-03-2005, 05:10 PM
Does anyone know when the new season/episodes start? Probably later this month, just like last year, right?

El Chuxter
02-03-2005, 05:35 PM
I don't know, but I kinda doubt this month. Comedy Central likes to make a huge deal about a new season by advertising it a month or so in advance. . . even though they air something like 14 seasons during a year. ;)

JediTricks
02-03-2005, 08:33 PM
New eps start March 9th, probably 7 or 8 of 'em, and then Oct 19th is the next new eps.

JediTricks
04-20-2005, 09:10 PM
Well, here it is, we're nearly done with this season, tonight's is either the last or next-to-last episode until October, and I don't see anybody raving about the show anymore. For my part, I'm sick of it, they've gotten into such a rut, these over-the-top stupid plots where there's a recent news event that gets nastily skewered, Cartman does something very bad and ridiculously selfish, Kyle gets disgusted and is called something anti-semetic, and then Cartman doesn't learn a lesson yet somehow triumphs just a little... oh, and there's no Chef and Mr Garrison says/does something incredibly inappropriate. The only ep I've really enjoyed in recent memory was the Little Leage ep from 2 weeks ago, the team at the end who practiced failure was inspired comedy, the writing was spot on how some kids feel about having to do league sports in the summer, and surprise-surprise Cartman wasn't the center of the story.

scruffziller
04-20-2005, 09:18 PM
Little bit of a rut, but last weeks ep with Cartman believing he was dead was pretty darn hilarious. Cartman and Butters eps RULE!!!! It isn't that I haven't been raving, just haven't thought to post in here in a while.

Turbowars
04-20-2005, 09:26 PM
Dude there's no rut! Are you crazy? Hey Scruffziller, you are right about the last episode. I love how Cartman did his little hand thingy and walk backwards like he was fading away. I do miss Cheff and MR. Macky. I still love the show and I don't think it has lot it's steam yet. Oh and I know you guys caught Cartman's line about how only certain kind of people go to hell. I mean how do they get away with it.lol

scruffziller
04-21-2005, 09:47 AM
Yea the little leugue ep was FALL DOWN funny. I can relate to that. Wanting to get out of stuff like that so we can play video games. HEE HEE!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Droid
04-21-2005, 01:59 PM
I watched the episode where Jimmy was having problems. Did anyone else think that Officer Barbrady's voice sounded off?

And where is Chef this season? I thought we'd see him in the red light district.

El Chuxter
04-21-2005, 03:33 PM
I forgot this was on last night! Dernitall!!

"The Death of Eric Cartman" and the Kenny/Schiavo episodes were two of the funniest I've ever seen of this series. Not quite "Fun With Weapons," but about as close as you can come. Whatchoo talkin' 'bout, JediTricks?

General_Grievous
04-21-2005, 05:00 PM
This season is pretty good to me. I loved the "Wing" episode. That was great! :P

My favorite one of this season was last night's. It was vulgar, obscene, and funny as hell! Just like South Park should be. "Hey, someone's dropping bombs in there! How about a courtesy flush?" "Up yours, Butters!"

JediTricks
04-22-2005, 08:43 PM
I watched the episode where Jimmy was having problems. Did anyone else think that Officer Barbrady's voice sounded off?I totally noticed that! It sounded like an intentional imposter but didn't actually go there, my guess is they forgot how to do Barbrady or something.

Last night's ep was another Jimmy ep that I found boring and lame, nothing there was funny at all.

JediTricks
10-20-2005, 09:21 PM
Well, last night was the season premiere ep, and while this wasn't as bad as the Terrence & Philip April Fools episode, this was probably one of the least entertaining eps of the show to date. Moreover, it was remarkably predictable, the antisemitism has become just a sad cliche which they don't realize is no longer ironic the way they're using it as it's just racist now, the topical aspect was once again bereft of understanding of the issues while thinking they're taking the side of the middle ground (this has gotten more and more common with them the past few years), and most importantly to me, it had not 1 funny moment the entire ep - I didn't even crack a smile once.

El Chuxter
10-21-2005, 01:04 PM
I agree. This was almost as weak as the whole "Mister Garrison discovers he's gay" episode that made me stop watching for about two years.

scruffziller
10-31-2005, 09:22 AM
Well I would say that the "girl's look into the future device" ep was quite an improvment from the season premiere. Well written and believable. But you can tell they are running out of ideas when they keep using movie references for story telling. I did find the Pet Semetary usage funny though the way it was executed. "Can I just have some Spaghetti-Os......":D

JediTricks
11-17-2005, 08:47 PM
Last night's South Park was basically the Scientology version of the Mormon episode, except not quite as funny or well-crafted. The stuff they said about Scientology was lifted straight out of the wikipedia entry on it, I had just read it last week so it was surprising to see it pop out here. The ep had a fairly good idea to it, but the characters and plot got a little lost about halfway through. The Tom Cruise in Stan's closet joke was funny, but then got beaten to death and took up too much screentime. Stan trying to make the religion free was a big larf, and at the end when they all threatened to sue him like the Scientologists have done in the past so he tells them to bring it on and then it cuts to the end credits where everybody's name is either "John Smith" or "Jane Smith" was hysterical.

El Chuxter
11-17-2005, 10:50 PM
The whole R Kelly bit had me wetting myself. That was a truly great ep.

Phantom-like Menace
11-20-2005, 10:26 AM
Personally, I didn't feel the Tom Cruise in the closet part was overused. I actually thought the repetition was part of the humor. And I was more than happy anytime R. Kelly started singing about it. For some reason, I laughed so hard in particular when Cruise and Travolta answered in song to R. Kelly's musical question that I almost woke my roommate up.

Edit: deleted stray word from an original version of the first sentence

General_Grievous
12-01-2005, 11:03 AM
Last night's episode was pretty lame until the end. For some reason, seeing a dead orca on the surface of the moon makes me giggle like a little school girl.

El Chuxter
12-01-2005, 01:14 PM
Yeah, that was classic. I thought it was funny, but not as good as other recent eps, until that dead orca and the silence.

JediTricks
12-03-2005, 05:30 PM
Yeah, it had some funny bits but was a tad soft until the last part, that was precious.

Turbowars
12-03-2005, 06:57 PM
Seeing the dead orca made me feel bad. I didn't find it funny. One thing that I did think was funny was when the boys were moving the Whale out of the back yard, Timmy whispers, "Timmy":thumbsup:

JediTricks
12-03-2005, 07:40 PM
Seeing the dead orca made me feel bad. I didn't find it funny. One thing that I did think was funny was when the boys were moving the Whale out of the back yard, Timmy whispers, "Timmy":thumbsup:
That "timmy" whisper was funny.

What makes the dead whale so funny is that the boys did it with such loving intent, like one of those Free Willy type movies, but the reality of the situation is far more grim, it's a goof on that. Plus, it's hilarious that they actually made it happen at all, especially since they've routinely gone the opposite direction many times (either it fails right off the launchpad or it magically turns out to be entirely true and the whale really dances on the moon in a castle with its family). It was sad from a realistic perspective, I will grant you, but luckily it's all pretend.

Turbowars
12-03-2005, 10:52 PM
Oh I know, it was funny in a dark way and I can appreciate that. I have a way to soft spot for animals. The episode was full of funny crap. I love how stupid the Mexicans were and the irony of them having a rocket that would make it to the moon. The police sketches of the boys cracked me up and what about when that lady said one of the sketches looks like Dekota Fanning.:thumbsup: It's the little things like that that keep wanting more.:yes:

JediTricks
12-04-2005, 06:08 PM
Ok, just wanted to make sure you didn't feel bad in the wrong way. (whatever that means :p)

Those sketches were really weird, I had never really considered the boys as real life before and it was creepy but funny. MASA having $200 rockets that could make it to the moon I thought was hysterical for some reason.

Turbowars
12-04-2005, 07:37 PM
No it really is funny about the 200 buck Rockets. I love that the Mexican only said "Si" amost through the whole thing. It reminded me of work when the my guys don't understand what I'm telling them and they just say "Si" and I know they have no idea what I just had said.:laugh:

JediTricks
12-04-2005, 08:22 PM
Oh yeah, I know what you mean, the main guy at MASA cracked me up, he sounded all slow or stupid or something, and he was TOTALLY competent - that was funny on a couple levels! :D

scruffziller
12-05-2005, 05:59 AM
Oh yeah, I know what you mean, the main guy at MASA cracked me up, he sounded all slow or stupid or something, and he was TOTALLY competent - that was funny on a couple levels! :D

It's good to hear that South Park is entertaining you again JT.:grin:

Yea they seem to have taken a turn in their way of thinking on the show and have breathed new life into it. At least for this ep. Since I had not seen the ep yet and read some of your guys' reviews I looked for the things you were talking about. The Timmy whisper as they wisk by the security guard had me falling out of my chair.:D I was thinking you guys were saying he said something obscene besides ........timmy...........:D
But the Norman Rockwell illustrations of the boys had me realing. I couldn't believe what I saw. PURE COMIC genius. I don't think anyone saw that coming. One of the things that is almost a constant now with comedy. Everything that is done has pretty much already been done. But the level of unpredictability and timing of such is what makes things funny now.

JediTricks
12-09-2005, 04:51 PM
THAT'S WHAT THEY ENDED WITH?!? What a piece of crap, more of their sanctimonious, boring "message" episodes that wasn't funny at all. Next season is gonna be terrible if they keep sliding downhill.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-22-2006, 11:03 PM
SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

man, tonights episode was fantastic!!! I loved how they were splicing together Chef's old sayings; that was hysterical. And as for the cracks at his "super adventure club", that was pure gold. I was sad to see him killed off like that, but how he has been rebuilt ala Vader was too good. I did like Kyle's speech at the end, how we should all remember Chef for all the good times and not hate him for his changes, but hate "that crappy little group that brainwashed him." You can tell Matt and Trey are going to miss Chef and frankly, so will I. :hurt:

bobafrett
03-22-2006, 11:12 PM
Dang, I missed it. I hope they rerun the episode. From what I heard today, Tom Cruise threatened that he wouldn't promote the newest M.I. flick this summer if the were to rerun the scientology bashing episode. What a nerd.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-22-2006, 11:35 PM
boba- that's the story i heard too, but of course, Cruises rep is denying it. That guy is getting on my last nerve. But this episode gives Scientology a run for its money, referencing the last Scientology episode in a few ways. It's classic stuff. I almost got kinda sad/nostalgic during Kyle's eulogy. :hurt:

2-1B
03-23-2006, 01:10 AM
I don't even watch this show anymore but I happened across much of this episode and the Vader thing was neat. :)

Sith Lord 0498
03-23-2006, 07:06 AM
There were a few gems in the episode. Stan's eulogy really summed up the feelings of both Parker/Stone and the fans as a whole. Same for when Chef stood on that bridge and either Kyle or Stan said "Chef, we love you"...almost a plea from us the audience not to leave. And they certainly got in their digs at Scientology.

But the whole child molesting angle really left a sour taste in my mouth, and I think Parker and Stone let their emotions run too rampant. They crossed a line. What made last year's Scientology episode hilarious was that they were skewering the fact that it was created by a sci-fi writer, that they appear to be a money-making scam, and that it overall is very litigous and cult-like.

This episode, however, was far too mean-spirited. Cruise and company may be complete w#nkers, but there has never been any remote insinuation that they molest children. That was, IMO, completely out of left field and out of line...even for South Park. I think that may have turned a lot of people off to them in both this debate and in general.

Also...it made them look like the aggressors. Think about last year's debacle: they lampooned a popular topic as always, and Cruise and Scientologists hit back hard, proving they don't have a sense of humor and that maybe the show hit too close to the mark. Yes, Parker/Stone released sarcastic comebacks, but it was still in the name of comedy.

Flash forward to last night: South Park aggressively attacked Scientology in a very negative manner. Yeah, sure...they never said "Scientology" but c'mon...an ape could get the double meaning. They were no different that the people who started this whole mess!!

And lastly, that whole Vader thing was just a little too forced (no pun intended). Maybe it would've been funnier if it were six months ago...I dunno.

El Chuxter
03-23-2006, 01:10 PM
Christ in a bucket, that was the funniest and most offensive South Park in ages.

"And for dessert, you can. . . ."
"Do you mean a chocolate snack?"
"No. I mean my. . . ."

JediTricks
03-30-2006, 10:54 PM
What a piece of pretentious "pretending to be nonpretentious" crap last night's episode was! I couldn't help but feel the smugness beaming from Matt & Trey out of that script making fun of smug hybrid drivers. Totally disjointed writing, the art is getting really lame with all the CGI stuff added to the classic styles, the movie parody was weak as hell, they were so dependent on the cheapest of gags, and of course, it was another crap "message" episode. It wasn't funny, it wasn't smart, it wasn't as clever as it thought it was being, and it wasn't entertaining.

El Chuxter
03-31-2006, 12:33 AM
Last night was the first South Park in a while to be downright mediocre. I guess they felt the need to coast after the death of Chef.

2-1B
03-31-2006, 12:55 AM
This thread needs to be moved into the Nebraska Just Found section.

JediTricks
05-18-2006, 07:50 PM
Not that this is new to anybody who posted on SWC, but the entire run afterwards was just awful. I kinda hope they can get their act together before they permanently tarnish the show's quality.

I watched an earlier one on a rerun yesterday and it was so much funnier, and Cartman wasn't so stupidly over-the-top, I think those 2 are partly related.

Turbowars
05-18-2006, 11:19 PM
I'll admit that there's been a few crap@ss episodes, but I still enjoy the show for the most part.

JediTricks
05-19-2006, 02:59 AM
I can't think of a single ep from this "season" that was any good:

The Return of Chef!
Smug Alert!
Cartoon Wars (1)
Cartoon Wars (2)
Million Little Fibers
ManBearPig
Tsst None of those were funny, and most were heavy on the over-the-top Cartman as well (not that I'm saying it's the primary problem, just another symptom).

Rocketboy
09-10-2006, 11:32 PM
I'm not much of a South Park fan, but on allsp.com (http://www.allsp.com/) you can watch EVERY episode of SP online.
Who needs DVDs? ;)

scruffziller
09-11-2006, 08:21 AM
I'm not much of a South Park fan, but on allsp.com (http://www.allsp.com/) you can watch EVERY episode of SP online.
Who needs DVDs? ;)

Cool thx for the link, because I cancelled my cable.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-04-2006, 11:09 PM
tonight was the premiere and it was pretty damned funny. I won't dive into it much for the West Coasters, but the overall, say, "theme" of the episode was great. :D

El Chuxter
10-05-2006, 02:28 AM
I know nothing about online RPGs, and this looked suspiciously like a case of "Hey, people thought 'Fun With Weapons' was funny because the kids' voices came out of anime characters--what else can we do that's just like that?" But I nearly peed myself laughing a few times.

The "Oh my God, they've killed Kenny!" was great, and Butters' character being just like Cartman's was quite funny. But all said, the CG warrior who spouted, "Timmay!" was the high point of the ep.

I would've liked to have seen a bit more of the guy with no life, but I suppose it fit with his character that nothing happened.

JediTricks
10-05-2006, 06:43 PM
I thought this episode was pretty flat, not awful like a lot of last season but took zero risks and reaped zero rewards. For them to actually use World of Warcraft (they list them heavily in the end credits) was a cute idea but they did nothing with it so it felt more like an ad for WoW. They dropped the ball with the "it's the end of the world... of warcraft" jokes by not taking them to whatever conclusion they could have been taken. They didn't do anything with the characters old or new which was a total waste - speaking of which, Cartman's poop scene felt "been there, done that" (like the "S***" episode, using it once is funny and shocking, more than that and it dies). And then the ending blew, they had become their enemy to destroy him and instead of feeling the rush of power and ruling the realm or killing everybody themselves (would have been a funny twist for Stan or Kyle, blatantly obvious for Cartman) they just go play the game which felt totally cheap and again, an ad for WoW. All in all, a disappointing entry in part because it played it so safe... but at least it wasn't the garbage they aired afterwards, what a total crapfest "Freakshow" was.

scruffziller
10-06-2006, 11:17 AM
Was able to watch this on www.Youtube.com (http://www.Youtube.com) . If you haven't seen the ep get there and see it before they take it down. Youtube provides a video length cap to prevent people from posting stuff such as this but all they have to do is break it up into parts. www.Allsp.com (http://www.Allsp.com) is down right now.

I really liked the ep not so much in a SP way but a WoW way because I am a rabid WoW player. Not as bad as our characters and I am a considerable lightweight compared to the other players on where I play. I thought it was funny because they got the mannerisms of chronic MMORPG players down. The leaning back in the chair, the chip crumbs falling all over them and not even caring. The unkempt apartment and self. The pushing up of the glasses on the nose. I know people who are that guy and the episode did NOT exaggerate. It was funny how they took it to the extreme of Cartman needing to crap right in his chair. I seen a little bit of myself in that episode and was even a little embarrassed to watch it seeing all that was there that is me.:)

EDIT: I think to have made it more close to a SP episode it should have had the guy who "had no life" blow his brains out at the end after his charachter died. But if it was more of advertisement for WoW they wanted to keep it at a lower key. This would have been the chance it took that it needed like JT mentioned.

General_Grievous
10-06-2006, 03:42 PM
Nothing made me laugh harder than when the guy with no life's WOW character did his dance before he first killed the boys. :D

General_Grievous
10-12-2006, 03:25 PM
Last night's episode really pushed it. I'll admit, I chuckled at the Hardy Boys thing and the deuce in the urinal, but the 9/11 stuff was really pushing it. I mean, that's just tasteless. Couldn't they make fun of Mel Gibson's DUI? That would warrant way more laughs. I think they've got something planned with that, but they're holding out on us.

pbarnard
10-12-2006, 04:14 PM
Last night's episode really pushed it. I'll admit, I chuckled at the Hardy Boys thing and the deuce in the urinal, but the 9/11 stuff was really pushing it. I mean, that's just tasteless. Couldn't they make fun of Mel Gibson's DUI? That would warrant way more laughs. I think they've got something planned with that, but they're holding out on us.

They probably need a bit more turn around time. Last night was hilarious; there was nothing different about the targets or even subject matter (it's not as tasteless as say the Family Guy's lost episode). It's sort of like saying all politics are local. The greatest twist of the night that I didn't see was who pulled the gun on Kyle...

JediTricks
10-12-2006, 05:13 PM
I thought that episode stunk, another "message" episode, the only funny parts were Mr Mackey and really if all they've got that works is scatalogical humor, it's time to throw in the towelie. I was surprised that Cartman didn't play a hand in the rest of this episode, once his Kyle-blaming part was over that was the last we saw of him. I am getting sick of them writing Cartman's racism and hatred so big and letting the character get away with it over and over, what happened to stories where Cartman was just another kid with an alien satellite dish in his butt?

El Chuxter
10-13-2006, 09:35 AM
Trey and Matt said not long ago they wouldn't do Mel's DUI, since they'd already spoofed Mel and didn't want to do the same thing twice.

Uh, have they watched their own show before?

scruffziller
10-13-2006, 10:35 AM
Fudge Dragon, I gotta remember that one.:D

JediTricks
10-13-2006, 04:36 PM
Trey and Matt said not long ago they wouldn't do Mel's DUI, since they'd already spoofed Mel and didn't want to do the same thing twice.

Uh, have they watched their own show before?
Yeah, no kidding! They're total hypocrits, they've beaten concepts to death over and over.

Scruff, that was the one I laughed the hardest at. :p

scruffziller
10-14-2006, 09:01 AM
Scruff, that was the one I laughed the hardest at. :p

Yea,:D I was telling the guys about those at work who hadn't seen the ep. We were laughing our arses off.

Just to let you guys know from The "Make Love, not Warcraft" ep. When Cartman accuses Clyde of being French and recites the chorus from Lady Marmalade, I found it translates to........"

"Please lie down with me this evening.
Want to lie down with me."

Ewwwwwwwwwwww............:D And coming from Cartman saying that to Clyde is sick and wrong but damn funny.lol

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-20-2006, 01:26 AM
holy crap, this weeks episode was HYSTERICAL and made up for last week's crapfest. Cartman being Dog was great and how they did his wife/girl, was funny stuff. The whole time with Ike/the teacher, i was almost cringing at how much they were going to show. When Kyle was walking in the house, i just kept saying, "no no no no no no no." Great episode though. Ike has always been one of my favorite characters ever since that random a-- harmonica jam session the SP movie. Good stuff! :thumbsup:

El Chuxter
10-20-2006, 11:42 AM
I thought the opposite. This one was pretty weak. Cartman's crew was pointless; it would've been funnier if it'd been other kids, or (better) Clyde Frog and Polly Prissypants, or (best) Cartman acting like several different people.

The only thing I found clever was the cop being called Foley.

Oh, and didja notice they went back on the "we won't spoof Mel Gibson again" bit?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-20-2006, 12:38 PM
Oh, and didja notice they went back on the "we won't spoof Mel Gibson again" bit?

Well, technically they didn't spoof him. Cartman just mentioned that the Teacher was using the Mel Gibson defense. If it was a spoof, the entire episode would be dedicated to an actor getting drunk, driving, etc. :thumbsup:

General_Grievous
10-20-2006, 03:28 PM
Couldn't they make fun of Mel Gibson's DUI?

Well just call me Nostradamus. :smug: Seriously, I'd be surprised if they didn't mention it. But that episode was hilarious.

Ms. Stevenson: Come on, Ike. Let's get out of here and run away to Milan.

Ike: Yay! Mulan!

JediTricks
10-20-2006, 09:34 PM
I'm with Chux, this episode was weak, it was another "topical" episode except this one felt like they waited too long to broach it, there was yet again a heavy focus on Cartman in something we've seen him do too many times already, and I just didn't really dig anything except how Ike psyched out the teacher at the end. The best I can say about this one is that is wasn't as bad as a lot of recent episodes which is faint praise because of how bad most recent eps have been.

General_Grievous
10-21-2006, 02:15 PM
I'm with Chux, this episode was weak, it was another "topical" episode except this one felt like they waited too long to broach it, there was yet again a heavy focus on Cartman in something we've seen him do too many times already, and I just didn't really dig anything except how Ike psyched out the teacher at the end. The best I can say about this one is that is wasn't as bad as a lot of recent episodes which is faint praise because of how bad most recent eps have been.

I thought it was funny in the sense that when a male teacher is caught having sex with a student, they're public enemy #1, but when a female teacher (and a hot one at that) is caught doing it, everyone just turns the other cheek. That's pretty much how it was played off as in the episode.

JediTricks
10-21-2006, 04:07 PM
I thought it was funny in the sense that when a male teacher is caught having sex with a student, they're public enemy #1, but when a female teacher (and a hot one at that) is caught doing it, everyone just turns the other cheek. That's pretty much how it was played off as in the episode.That part was an accurate assessment of the situation, how they always went "niiiiice", but the way they actually wrote the behavior just felt completely flat to me: repetetive and dopey.

Turbowars
10-23-2006, 09:32 PM
Why do you even watch SP anymore JT?

I loved the Dawg theme. Beth's breast were awesome. Got to love Ike and Cartman is the man once again.

JediTricks
10-24-2006, 03:10 PM
Why do you even watch SP anymore JT? I'm secretly an optimist.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-25-2006, 10:30 PM
spoilers, blah lbah balh

I was really enjoying that episode...........up until seeing Steve Irwin with a stingray dangling from his chest. That was assinine. :upset:

That aside, I got a chuckle from Butters speaking ghetto and the party. Seeing Satan as "The Crow" was damned funny.

Turbowars
10-25-2006, 10:38 PM
Hey that's not cool, it hasn't aired yet on the west coast.

Nothing is sacred to Matt and Tray. Got to love them:love:

JediTricks
10-26-2006, 03:08 PM
This was a "meh" episode, the 3 stooges ref wasn't very well thought-out or delivered so it fell flat, there weren't that many actual jokes, it wasn't their poorest work but it felt like no effort was put behind it so it didn't really shine either. I don't remember laughing once though, yet this was the best episode of the season. :ermm: Even Drawn Together was funnier. I dunno, the premise felt like it could have had life, but instead went a different direction with it.

I was really enjoying that episode...........up until seeing Steve Irwin with a stingray dangling from his chest. That was assinine. :upset:Yeah, it's not like the stingray died in the attack! :p Steve should have pointed out that it was a fake stingray and thus part of his costume.

I didn't think the Steve Irwin dig was that bad, they weren't that mean to him and did comment on how distasteful it will be next week when dozens of jerks go around with that exact costume.

Hey that's not cool, it hasn't aired yet on the west coast. You should have known better. :p We west-coasties have to pay better attention to the clock, I nearly read spoilers last Friday on BSG that would have ruined a great ep for me, but recognized I was within the 3-hour window of sadness.

JediTricks
11-02-2006, 05:23 PM
That was abysmal! First off, the woman they have voicing Mrs. Cartman is ALL wrong now, wrong behavior, wrong sound, wrong attitude. Secondly, they're cowards who don't have the ****s to kill off Cartman, every one is a Cartman-heavy episode which would have made Cartman getting himself killed even funnier. Thirdly, the only time I laughed was at the Buck Rogers bit. Fourth, oh boy, another "message" episode and NONE of it was on-target, but somehow Mr(s) Garrison keeps his job yet again after going WAY over the top this time. Fifth and finally, how desparate are they when they have to resort to showing Mr(s) Garrison having sex?

Oh, actually, Sixth... remember when Butters wasn't just a Ralph Wiggum-knockoff?

Rogue II
11-02-2006, 05:47 PM
I don't plan on watching South Park anymore, I just watch it if I can't find anything else on. That said, I happened to turn it on last night. I changed the channel after the scene where he was thawed out in the future. Garrison and Cartman do seem annoying now-a-days. And I Didn't even notice the change in Mrs. Cartman's voice.

I've said it before...I hope sometime before the show gets cancelled, I'd like to hear Cartman sing John Cougar's "Authority Song."

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-07-2006, 09:21 PM
FYI: Target has season 1-5 for 19.99 each. I made a mistake and passed this offer up last Winter when i was working at Wal-Mart. I shan't make the same mistake twice. :thumbsup: mucho money spent, but WELL worth it. :crazed:

General_Grievous
11-10-2006, 11:47 AM
These past two episodes weren't that funny. Just more "Cartman wanting something that he can't get yet" episodes, just like the PSP episode, though that was a pretty good one.

El Chuxter
11-10-2006, 12:16 PM
Quite mediocre, and the Mr/s Garrison sex scene was just way too over the top for me.

But y'all know I enjoyed seeing those filthy otters exposed for the genocidal maniacs they are. :beard:

JediTricks
11-10-2006, 05:44 PM
This one was so unfunny I didn't even feel like commenting on it before. And they pulled 2 more messages on this one, that figures, 2 messages in 1 crappy episode. The only thing I thought was good at all was Cartman realizing what a jerk he is while talking to himself on the phone, yet no lesson learned by the end. How can they let it get so bad that they're be less funny than Drawn Together?

El Chuxter
11-10-2006, 06:03 PM
How can they let it get so bad that they're be less funny than Drawn Together?

Sorry to break it to you, but I think that happened after the second episode of Drawn Together.

JediTricks
11-10-2006, 07:03 PM
You're saying every episode of Drawn Together since the 3rd episode of the series has been funnier than South Park? OUCH!

El Chuxter
11-10-2006, 07:11 PM
Well, except for the second season opener. Both first and second seasons opened with the show floundering around, trying to get the characters in the house together. After that, pure gold!

JediTricks
11-16-2006, 03:25 PM
There were a couple chuckles in last night's season finale of South Park, but mainly it just felt aimless and tired. Drawn Together was way funnier and its second half was a major dropoff.

General_Grievous
11-18-2006, 01:51 PM
At first I thought that last episode sucked, but there's something about a bunch of five-year-olds getting the s**t kicked out of them that makes me laugh so hard that I spray milk out of my nose.

pbarnard
03-08-2007, 07:21 PM
Watched the first 5 minutes of season 11 debut. Turned it to CSI: NY re-run because, well it sucked. Ran its course, no longer funny or topical.

Slicker
03-08-2007, 09:35 PM
I just watched last nights episode that I had on the DVR and thought it was hilarious. I don't care what you wanna call me but I thought that carp was funny.

The part with Jesse Jackson was the BEST. That's basically how it is too...

JediTricks
03-08-2007, 09:47 PM
I thought the first few minutes with Wheel of Fortune were perfect, hilarious, not self-concious at all, they just went for it - even Vanna's reaction as she sadly turned the "a" in "nagger" (I laughed when I saw "n_gger" because I yelped "nagger!" and knew they were going a different direction for poor Randy). But then it all fell apart so badly into another "message" episode where 2 white boys from Colorado who have lived in Hollywood for a decade preach to us about society's ills. The main plotline being topical was that much more painfully unfunny, especially since it happened 4 months ago rather than last week. And everything with Cartman failed miserably as it often does, in fact I'd say it was the instant we first see Cartman that the episode fell apart - the only time after that which I laughed was when Token says Jesse Jackson isn't the emperor of black people and Stan says "he told my dad he was". And their "answer" to this societal issue was totally trying to have their cake and eat it too - just plain ol' lame modern SP, I guess.

General_Grievous
03-08-2007, 11:10 PM
I thought it was pretty funny. I actually liked the Cartman vs. the midget plot, and the Jesse Jackson thing was dead-on. I laughed when Token said "Jesse Jackson is not the emperor of black people" and Stan said "My dad said he was." :D But I think that "Trapped in the Closet" was the last really great episode they made. They need to get back on track.

lee gray
03-11-2007, 03:34 PM
Mate just recorded a few episodes which we watched back to back inc the wii episode and the world of warcraft one plus the one where stan takes charge of an ice hockey team ending sure was messed up on that one lol

General_Grievous
03-15-2007, 10:14 PM
Last night's episode was even better than last week's. The whole situation with Cartman and Butters was hilarious! :D

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-18-2007, 01:09 AM
Last night's episode was even better than last week's. The whole situation with Cartman and Butters was hilarious! :D

I haven't laughed that hard in weeks. Oh man, what a great, distrubing and hilarious episode. All the suicides were cracking me up and the whole 'we got another one, room 22' "oh, dang it!"

Part of me wanted to see the pic and part of me didn't. I did love how you could make out some of behind cartman though, including the thumbs up. Man, SO happy I DVR'd that episode. HYSTERICAL.

I also picked up seasons 8 and 9 today on DVD. :thumbsup:

General_Grievous
03-18-2007, 10:35 AM
I loved the sob story Cartman told his mom, about how he fell onto Butters and thought of something funny so he laughed and did a :thumbsup: at the camera. :D

General_Grievous
03-22-2007, 10:55 PM
This week's episode had one of the best endings ever. I loved the lice subplot that was kind of like Apocalypto meets The Day After Tomorrow. I didn't think it was accurate that the largest lice population would be on Angelina Jole. I think it would have been much more appropriate if it had been Britney Spears or Lindsay Lohan. :p

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-22-2007, 11:41 PM
I thought the episode was alright. Had some good movie references: "Day After Tomorrow," "Apocalypto", "the Thing" and even a bit of "Planet of the Apes." I did LOVE the Return of the King-esque scene with the flies carrying Travis to his new home. That was GREAT. My DVR cut off at the end, so I wasn't able to find out it was the.....lower hair of Angelina Jolie (Thanks, Wikipedia!) It had a few decent laughs, but overall, I wasn't impressed. I guess it's hard to top the HYSTERICAL episode that was on last week.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-29-2007, 12:14 AM
as an uber huge 24 fan, this episode was HYSTERICAL, easily the best of the season. I was laughing my arse off the whole way through. :thumbsup:

General_Grievous
03-29-2007, 10:24 PM
That was a great episode. Even though I don't watch 24, I knew enough about it to get all of the jokes. Cartman's fart torture was hilarious. :D

General_Grievous
04-05-2007, 12:40 AM
Tonight's episode was so-so. To me, it reeked of "been there, done that". I wasn't even offended by the violent death of Jesus.

El Chuxter
04-05-2007, 12:27 PM
I passed out watching the midnight re-run. At 10 PM, a new episode of Good Eats seemed so much more interesting.

JediTricks
04-05-2007, 06:18 PM
Good Eats was pretty good, a lot of technical stuff about espresso - and Alton really went full on into the unitaskers!

As for SP, I didn't laugh at all, I didn't think there was much funny because there weren't that many gags and the ones that were there did feel like they were treading on old ground. At the same time, it didn't really bother me like the show's been bugging me lately, the lack of Cartman may have had something to do with that, but I think that was more about it not being so incredibly preachy. I had forgotten about Jesus' adventure in Iraq, so I wasn't expecting him to take so darn long getting into the story, and I wasn't expecting him to be so violent (again, I had forgot about the Iraq story). The DaVinci Code ripoff feels a little tired as well, having been done recently on American Dad; the music and some of the action here was a little too out of character with the show. And there were a few moments where classic South Park would have gone totally other direction with this stuff, I can't think of a good example right now but I thought that 3 or 4 times. The Krull glaive was an interesting touch, but I thought they should at least have made it a cross or something. All in all, a thumbs down but not as low as the other recent eps.

Oh, and the latin Peter Cottontail song was funny just a little, but they somehow didn't quite deliver on it.

General_Grievous
04-12-2007, 12:23 AM
Oh my God. This episode was hilarious. As soon as I heard "Persians", I thought "YES! A 300 parody!" I fell over laughing at the "THIS IS LESBOS!!!" part. :D I loved how they did everything in slow motion too. The Xerxes character had me cracking up, especially the disturbing scene with him and Garrison....:p

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-12-2007, 04:10 PM
Oh my God. This episode was hilarious. As soon as I heard "Persians", I thought "YES! A 300 parody!" I fell over laughing at the "THIS IS LESBOS!!!" part. :D I loved how they did everything in slow motion too. The Xerxes character had me cracking up, especially the disturbing scene with him and Garrison....:p

Oh, i gotta agree: this episode was hysterical. Garrison making coffee in slow motion was funny stuff and i loved the random mexicans taking jobs for everything. And Xerxes voice was pretty great and yeah, that scene with Xerxes and Garrison was pretty disturbing. I did laugh my a-- off "scissor me timbers!" and then Butters, "You gotta be careful with scissors." :thumbsup:

JediTricks
04-13-2007, 06:41 PM
I thought this episode dragged badly in the middle, everything with the 300 parody I felt was pretty stale. But Cartman going to the day laborers was kinda funny, them writing their eses (Jimmy being one of them was a good nod), Garrison saying he's gay and Stan saying "again?!?" (because I had just said the same thing), Butters' scissor safety line was classic Butters, and the end with the day laborers as the substitute teacher and Kyle & Stan commenting on how they were actually learning something for once - that was my absolute favorite part.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-17-2007, 11:54 AM
Artwork for season 10 is up and the set is due out 8/28!

Episodes include: Return of Chef, Smug Alert!, Cartoon Wars 1-2, A Million little fibers, Manbearpig, Tsst, Make love not warcraft, Mystery of the urinal duece, Miss teacher bangs boy, Hell on earth 2006, Go God Go, Go God Go XII, and Stanley's cup.

Despite a few iffy episodes, I still enjoyed this season. "THAAAAAAAAAAAAAANKS!" :thumbsup:

General_Grievous
05-17-2007, 03:04 PM
ooh, that's just a nasty looking cover. :p

General_Grievous
10-04-2007, 11:12 AM
Well, South Park came back last night with probably the funniest episode this season so far. Cartman pretending to have Tourette's was funny, especially when he couldn't control it anymore. But the real gem of the episode was the spot-on Chris Hansen. "Why don't you take a seat?" :D

vader121
10-05-2007, 10:37 AM
I caught the replay last night and it was great! The kids tourettes were 'hella' funny plus the guy's tourettes were awesome.

El Chuxter
10-05-2007, 11:09 AM
This was a really freaking funny episode. But did I miss something? When did Comedy Central decide the kids could drop the S-bomb so many times without getting bleeped?

General_Grievous
10-05-2007, 01:13 PM
Chux, I don't think they've bleeped "s**t" since that episode where they said it almost 200 times.

JediTricks
10-05-2007, 10:57 PM
I didn't think that was a great episode, some of it worked but Cartman getting away with stuff and Kyle getting crapped on yet again was disappointing, and then the way it ended was just flat and thoughtless and same-ol same-ol. Plus, I wanted Cartman's lack of control to manifest a lot more hilarious secrets, we got what, 2?

General_Grievous
10-11-2007, 10:56 AM
Last night's episode would have been crap (no pun intended) if not for the Emmy jokes. Those just about killed me. :p

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-12-2007, 08:53 PM
I thought this was a solid episode. Randy always cracks me up with his over the top antics...and also one of my college buddies reminds me of him, but thats' another story. :crazed: I LOVED how they had Bono portrayed. Even being a huge U2 fan, I still cracked up at that. And c'mon, how HYSTERICAL was the ending?!?!? I feel a new avatar coming up. heheheheh :thumbsup:

General_Grievous
10-18-2007, 10:40 PM
What a crazy (yet hilarious) episode this week! I got a kick out of imagination land. I thought it was funny seeing all these characters in one place. I counted Uncle Remus, Count Chocula, a Blue Meanie from "Yellow Submarine", H.R. Pufnstuf, Jack Skellington, Donatello, the Flash, Charlie Brown, Ronald McDonald, a Care Bear, Orko, Snarf, Twinkie the Kid, Raggedy Ann and Andy, and Optimus Prime!!!

And I really hope Tycho saw this episode. I think he would have liked the Michael Bay cameo. :p

El Chuxter
10-19-2007, 01:43 AM
Sweet Jesus, this one made up for all the crappy episodes. Well, this one paired with The Return of Chef. And the one where Cartman fought evil otters in the future, which wasn't especially good, but exposed the otter agenda.

I also saw Gizmo, Mario, Bigfoot, various religious figures (as the Super Best Friends, natch!), and I believe the Mayor was a spoof of the guy from the old Journey Into Imagination at EPCOT Center.

JediTricks
10-20-2007, 12:49 AM
This episode was in some ways much better than the last few seasons, but dragged back into the depths once again by the Cartman storyline which is just ridiculously evil and over the top and not funny. I actually gasped when Butters got left behind and then beaten, yet as soon as Cartman's dumb plotline came back into view I felt like changing the channel.

El Chuxter
10-20-2007, 02:35 AM
C'mon, the idea of him actually going to court to... um... well, over the issue, and the courts siding with him is pretty freaking funny. Especially the phrasing when the judge gave her ruling.

I'm willing to bet Kyle's somehow saving the Feds and Imagination World from the terrorists will grant him immunity in this case. You know it will never come to fruition.

JediTricks
10-20-2007, 04:12 AM
Honestly? No, I thought the court thing was incredibly stupid and predictable, it reeked of their same ol' - same ol', if they had real talent left they would have had the judge read the complaint, stare at Cartman, blink twice, and order him into a mental ward or something.

El Chuxter
10-25-2007, 01:45 AM
Sweet Jesus, did anyone expect to see the Woodland Critters again? The episode would've been good without them, but with their appearances (especially as the de facto leaders of the evil imaginary beings), it was gold!

"I'm supposed to be in school, but instead I've got Snarf and Jesus and Luke Skywalker p***ed off at me!"

General_Grievous
10-25-2007, 11:01 AM
I love "Imaginationland"! The council was hilarious, and I just knew they were going to put Jesus in there. :p Butters' line that Chux quoted was hilarious. I loved that the Woodland Critters came back and how they even creeped the hell out of the likes of Jason Voorhees and Freddy Krueger. But I loved seeing Manbearpig. I really hope Al Gore shows up for next week's conclusion.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-25-2007, 11:01 AM
Sweet Jesus, did anyone expect to see the Woodland Critters again? The episode would've been good without them, but with their appearances (especially as the de facto leaders of the evil imaginary beings), it was gold!

"I'm supposed to be in school, but instead I've got Snarf and Jesus and Luke Skywalker p***ed off at me!"

Yeah, it had been a while since i had watched that episode, but it was great to see them again. I loved Stan's reaction when he heard about them over the radio.

This was a GREAT episode. I loved all the random characters: Gizmo, Stormtroopers, Darth Maul, Freddy Krueger, a feminine voiced Jason Voorhees, the Heath Ledger Joker; just hysterical stuff and I LOVED the comment you posted from Butters, Chux. when he was like, "Mr. Snarf, could you shut up for like five minutes?" I lost it. And Cartman's dry balls dream was great. Very excited to see how this concludes next week; will Kyle have to do it?!?? ah!! still, very funny though! :thumbsup:

General_Grievous
10-25-2007, 11:05 AM
Yeah, it had been a while since i had watched that episode, but it was great to see them again. I loved Stan's reaction when he heard about them over the radio.

That was great. "Tell them to get out of there now!"

"Oh, God! They're raping us! THEY'RE RAPING US!"

El Chuxter
10-25-2007, 08:18 PM
Even if the episode wasn't great in and of itself, it would be by default the coolest episode ever simply because it involved Stormtroopers, Kurt Russell, Snarf, and the Woodland Critters (especially Beary Bear).

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-01-2007, 12:07 AM
Great finale to a great story arc! Highlights
- yet ANOTHER LOTR style scene with the marching of the Evil characters and the handing out of the weapons.
- Cartman's priest outfit was great; and the sunday comment about extra nuts was classic.
- the return of AL GORE!!!! I was really hoping to see him again since manbearpig emerged last week and I was so excited when he came back onscreen with his cape and flying sound effects. Great stuff!
- Butters becoming the hero was a nice twist and I loved him in action. Saving Popeye from the raping Woodland Critters was good.
- Hippie protesters. lol
- Cartman finally getting his wish at the end and even Santa getting in on making fun of Kyle; that was good stuff.
- and I nearly fell off my couch when Butters said, "sh**" at the end of the episode.

Overall, a great few episodes that I loved! :thumbsup:

El Chuxter
11-01-2007, 01:45 AM
Really? I thought the finale was a bit of a letdown. After last week's masterpiece, they kinda copped out here.

General_Grievous
11-01-2007, 11:08 AM
Really? I thought the finale was a bit of a letdown. After last week's masterpiece, they kinda copped out here.

That's what I thought too, but it still had some good stuff in it, like Al Gore showing up, the Woodland Critters raping Popeye, Cartman imagining himself and Kyle...:p, and the very end with Butters. The second part was the best, but even so, this still wasn't a bad episode.

JediTricks
11-01-2007, 08:47 PM
I thought this ep was more uneven than the previous, the Cartman stuff and Al Gore dragged even harder than expected, but the stuff that worked worked better than the previous eps. The Butters solution was a little too on-the-nose though. The whole thing felt like filler-with-a-message to me.

vader121
11-02-2007, 08:45 AM
What were some of the characters you spotted?
Besides what has been mentioned i spotted the following ...

-Optimus Prime
-The bad guy due from the movie 'Excalibur'. The one with the gold armor. I think it was a teen in the move. Only saw it once and was like meh.
-Doomsday
-Pillsbury doughboy
-Care bears
-Strawberry Shortcake
-Frankenstein
-Robin Hood
-Hulk

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-07-2007, 11:53 PM
I gotta say I thought the GUITAR HERO episode was pretty funny. They hit it pretty spot on with the music drug/split cliche, but also had fun with the stereotypical players of GH. And the ending was great too with the 100,000,000 points. Good stuff! :thumbsup:

Rocketboy
11-08-2007, 12:24 AM
First episode I've seen in a long time (possibly since the WOW ep, which was the first i saw in a longer time). I only watched it because I saw it was about GH. It was pretty lame. The end was the only good part.

General_Grievous
11-08-2007, 11:15 AM
I liked last night's episode (I am a huge Guitar Hero fan, BTW). The "Heroin Hero" game had me laughing, as did Stan's dad playing the real guitar and trying out "Heroin Hero" at the end. :p

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-08-2007, 05:14 PM
All the Colorado references were pretty damn funny, as I have to see/hear them all the time in real life.

JediTricks
11-08-2007, 06:27 PM
I thought this was a flat episode, not great, not horrible, but just like they had an idea and couldn't deliver it all the way. The ending was pretty funny though.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-09-2007, 11:27 AM
So, next week is the last new episode of the season. And i'm hoping to dear God that Matt and Trey will do some episode on the writers strike. I have a feeling they might cos well, they like to stir up trouble. :thumbsup:

and i was hoping that this season would be out for DVD for the christmas season, but I don't see that happening. Been a pretty funny season, IMHO. :thumbsup:

Droid
11-09-2007, 12:12 PM
I thought it was a repeat of a lot of what they have already done with othe episodes, even episodes about video game.

I thought it was nice to take a break from Cartman a bit.

I did think it was a great point when Stan's dad was trying to convince him they could spend that time learning to play a real instrument.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-08-2008, 10:37 PM
I thought the premiere tonight was pretty decent. The storyline with Cartman and Butters had some moments, but I definitely thought the Indy being raped line was pretty funny.

I'm sure Chux and JT will enjoy it, especially with their immense hatred of Lucas and Spielberg. :thumbsup:

El Chuxter
10-08-2008, 10:44 PM
I don't hate Spielberg. I've just said he's not putting out the same caliber of work lately. :) The same could actually be said about Tim Burton; it's been over a decade since we got an entirely original story out of him.

I guess I'll find out in a few hours, but I thought they were both already dead in the South Park universe.

JediTricks
10-09-2008, 05:59 AM
I did appreciate that they didn't try to preach heavily about something political here, the episode felt more honest to South Park's better elements this way. The Cartman stuff felt like an utterly pointless aside though and dragged the episode down hard at times. Also, reenacting a bunch of cinematic rape scenes got a little much. Still, they really gave it to Lucas and Spielberg for the bad choices they made with Indy here.

I don't hate either man, some of their works have been triumphs and turning points for cinema and rightly so. Even some of Spielberg's later works have been ok, I liked Minority Report. But they make some bad legacy choices constantly which hurt good franchises that deserve far better treatment.

JMG hates puppies!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-09-2008, 12:29 PM
I did appreciate that they didn't try to preach heavily about something political here, the episode felt more honest to South Park's better elements this way. The Cartman stuff felt like an utterly pointless aside though and dragged the episode down hard at times. Also, reenacting a bunch of cinematic rape scenes got a little much. Still, they really gave it to Lucas and Spielberg for the bad choices they made with Indy here.

I don't hate either man, some of their works have been triumphs and turning points for cinema and rightly so. Even some of Spielberg's later works have been ok, I liked Minority Report. But they make some bad legacy choices constantly which hurt good franchises that deserve far better treatment.

JMG hates puppies!

Ah, I see. I just see you spouting so many negative comments I guess I just got the mashed up and confused. My apologies. hehehehee:p

I will say that the George Lucas red orgasm face was REALLY REALLY disturbing. I actually cringed.

And I don't hate puppies: I just how they make me feel! I hate feeling loved and appreciated! hehehehehehe :whip:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-09-2008, 02:29 PM
I thought the Cartman plot was funny for a minute and then it was the same old, same old; I kind of felt like Kyle at the beginning, as in, "do we really have to do this again?" It was really nothing we haven't seen done before and done better a thousand times. And even within the episode they kept repeating the same jokes over and over, like Butters shooting the people. I thought the Indy part was funny at first but the showing of the actual rape went too far for a number of reasons, not the least of which that I'm a fan of the filmmakers and the movie itself. It was just kind of unsettling.

Wow, for the first time, I was actually offended by something on South Park. lol

General_Grievous
10-10-2008, 07:30 PM
While I don't think "Indy IV" was nearly as bad as South Park made it out to be, I was amused by the episode. And yes, Lucas's o-face was definitely the most disturbing thing on South Park since the sea monkeys episode.

JediTricks
10-13-2008, 04:54 AM
While I don't think "Indy IV" was nearly as bad as South Park made it out to be, I was amused by the episode. And yes, Lucas's o-face was definitely the most disturbing thing on South Park since the sea monkeys episode.
Does that make you Butters? :D

El Chuxter
10-14-2008, 03:55 PM
I will say that the George Lucas red orgasm face was REALLY REALLY disturbing.

Why, yes. Yes it was.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-14-2008, 11:42 PM
Why, yes. Yes it was.

Nicely done; I totally stole that avatar. :crazed:

You might want to fix your signature and location too, eh! :thumbsup:

DarthNihilus
10-16-2008, 04:37 PM
I really liked it as well. Just when I thought South Park was loosening up on a bit on the shock factor, they come back with this.

I also liked how Lucas had that red blush cover his face right at the point of explosion. Haha, priceless.

El Chuxter
10-16-2008, 04:59 PM
This week's was sorta lame and tame. There was some humor about Wendy whooping Cartman, but it was not especially good.

electricidad
10-16-2008, 05:12 PM
I thought it was a sharp episode. The whole bit about the principal pulling Wendy aside--and equating Cartman with cancer--was brilliant.

And Cartman getting detention was pretty good, too.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-16-2008, 05:39 PM
This was one was okay, but nothing great. It seems lately like they can't follow up a joke very well . . . for instance, after Cartman crapped on Mr. Garrison's desk, his little gangsta thing wasn't great and kind of brought the mood down. Also, it was weird to see Garrison as the man again.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-20-2008, 08:23 AM
I thought it was a sharp episode. The whole bit about the principal pulling Wendy aside--and equating Cartman with cancer--was brilliant.

And Cartman getting detention was pretty good, too.

I definitely agree here. I thought this episode was awesome and really freakin' funny. Cartman being the monster that he is was great and the fight scene was fantastic, with the "Snatch" style music and Wendy quoting Daniel Plainview at the end. I loved it! :thumbsup:

DarthNihilus
10-20-2008, 04:31 PM
Did you guys notice that the video for the Indy episode is not available online due to "contractual agreements". What's that about? I can guess but haven't heard official word.