PDA

View Full Version : Quick, hide! Rebecca Gayheart is back on the road!!!

JediTricks
11-14-2002, 05:46 PM
That's right, the woman who last year ran over a child while she was on the cellphone and speeding around stopped cars and a few months after that on the same street totalled my family car while eating a bowl of cereal has apparently gotten her license back (it was suspended for at least a year for killing that child). I just got a call from my mom - whose car (the replacement for the one Ms. Gayheart slammed into) is on that same street in Hollywood again - who said that while she was crossing said street, who should be speeding up the street while angrily talking on the cellphone? You guessed it, Rebecca Gayheart. So everybody run lest you be this actress/model's next victim!!!

LTBasker
11-14-2002, 06:06 PM
What the... If she was that imcompetent behind the wheel and ended up killing a kid, why wasn't she arrested?

Deoxyribonucleic
11-14-2002, 06:24 PM
she was and went to trial and is now unfortunately free.

I think this whole thing is part of the reason California has been putting a measure on the ballots for the last 3 years to make it illegal to talk on the phone while driving. I believe in NY, it is illegal, at least that's what I heard on Howard Stern. I think it is a great idea! Some people don't understand that one, driving is a privilege, not a right and two, it takes way more concentration than we seem to think!

I feel really bad for the family that lost their little boy as this was more than an accident! :(

Jedi Master Silas
11-14-2002, 06:34 PM
WHAT?????? She killed this young boy????No jail time? Got her license back?

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
11-14-2002, 10:08 PM
Isn't she also a big druggie too? I recall reading that somewhere.

If there are any laws that are on the books that are very lenient towards criminals, they are any drunk driving/vehicular manslaughter laws. Some people get off with just a slap on the wrist. A darn shame.

JediTricks
11-14-2002, 10:30 PM
Deo, she wasn't arrested, she was charged by the LA district attorney with "misdemeanor vehicular manslaughter" 3 or 4 months after she killed the kid, to which she pled no-contest and got 1 year suspended license, 3 years probation, and had to produce several PSAs. The LA DA charged her the same day she slammed into our car.

Last year in June, she was driving her friends' SUV up Bronson in Hollywood while on the phone, some cars in the right lane had stopped to let the little boy coming home from school cross the street, she apparently assumed they were stopping for some other reason and went into the middle lane at her current speed (which was above the speed limit, according to the eye witnesses), she hit the boy and apparently didn't even immediately know she had done it. The LA DA wasn't sure what to charge her with and took a long time to decide if they were gonna charge her at all.

Then, on October 1st of last year, she was barrelling down the same street (it's called Canyon past a certain point) in a rented Mazda 626 and was speeding and eating a bowl of cereal, lost control and plowed the car into our Blazer pushing the rear axle up and forward over a foot! She then spun around and sideswiped the front of the Blazer and the Volvo that was parked in front of it, bounced off the 2 cars and flipped the Mazda. She got away with only bumps and scrapes, called her assistant, and when the assistant showed up, left the ambulance and the scene before the police arrived, leaving her upside-down car (with cereal everywhere) in the middle of the street and the assistant to give out her insurance info.

BTW, I looked it up, she pled no-contest on Nov 27th, 2001, so she nearly ran down my mom today while still with a suspended license. I'm trying to convince my mom to tell the DA and/or cops. This woman should NOT be driving anymore!

So beware, run, hide, and watch out for...
THE TERROR THAT STALKS THE STREETS!

Deoxyribonucleic
11-14-2002, 11:01 PM
Doh! I saw her stupid head on the news surrounded by police and such and just assumed she'd been arrested since she did KILL somebody! I can't believe she only got a slap on the wrist...wait, yes I can, as that happens all the time in the CJS!

I can't BELIEVE she's still doing what she's doing! That totally blows my mind. If your mom doesn't call the DA, you should take a stab at it or anyone else in that area that sees her! Especiallly since she's on probation!!!

I wish you guys the best around there, seriously.

Jedi Master Silas
11-15-2002, 12:34 AM
Wait...they dont know she was driving the vehicle that hit your Mom??? Why hasnt your Mom said anything? I dont understand.

JediTricks
11-15-2002, 12:53 AM
JMS, my mom was not hit.

Last year the family car was hit by Rebecca "Maddog" Gayheart only a few minutes before we were about to get in.

Today, Maddog was on the same street in almost the same place speeding and NEARLY hit my mom who was crossing the street. Ms. Gayheart's license is still suspended for 2 more weeks, yet she was driving... irresponsibly as usual.

I don't get how Rebecca Gayheart can run a child down in the streets and get a quiet misdemeanor charge and a slap on the wrists while Winona Ryder shoplifts a few items from Sacks and gets this mega trial.

rynobot
11-15-2002, 01:02 AM
Why didn't you file a civil suit?

scruffziller
11-15-2002, 01:27 PM
She is dang hot though.

Arrogant Arse
11-15-2002, 04:14 PM
As the father of a 2 year old son, I feel very strongly about young children. I worry every day that something like this might happen to my son. I LOVE him very much, and would go crazy if that were to happen to him. I feel VERY sorry for the family of the boy that was hit.

JT, I hope you and your family press charges against her.

Tell me again why/how her life is so busy that she needs an assistant? What has she done in the last 3 years???

Exhaust Port
11-15-2002, 04:20 PM
I'm kind of out of the loop here, who is she?

JediTricks
11-16-2002, 12:42 AM
rynobot, it settled, her insurance paid up (not nearly what the car was worth IMO, but still better than a poke in the eye I guess), so I think we had to say we wouldn't sue them to get the check.

AA, I know what you mean, it seems like especially here in the big city, drivers are becoming too callous to the possibility that children have to cross the street too. A friend's son was hit by a guy speeding a few years ago, the guy dragged the boy half a block before stopping. The kid survived, but the family got screwed on the settlement somehow.

I think she quit showbiz right after she hit our car because she was freaking out from killing someone. At the time, she was producing a small film.

EP, she was the Noxema girl, and was in Earth 2, Jawbreaker, other stuff of no consequence.

Old Fossil
11-16-2002, 03:20 AM
What's scary is that there are many, many Rebecca Gayheart-types out there, in every state and most cities, people who are so caught up being themselves that they have no idea what's going on around them; nor do they care.

That is such a tragedy about the little boy. That woman is a public menace!

Exhaust Port
11-16-2002, 10:05 AM
Thanks JT. I don't know why I didn't think of this before but I found her here:

http://us.imdb.com/Name?Gayheart,+Rebecca

I remember her now. Some get beauty, some get brains.....

QLD
11-16-2002, 12:22 PM
She's an idiot.....

but man, after I saw those Nozema commercials.....

I would be HAPPY to shag the stupid out of her.

:D

2-1B
08-15-2005, 02:15 AM
JT, did anything further ever come of that, with your mom seeing her out driving while still suspended ?

(I dug this thread up because I was talking to Jim Jam Bonds over skillets at Country Kitchen tonight, and I was telling him about Maddog hitting your family's vehicle while eating cereal.)

I looked her up on IMDb to see if she's done anything lately since a few years back you said it sounded like she quit acting . . . well lately she's got a few credits, nothing major to mention so it looks like she took a few jobs since then.
The IMDb bio describes the death of that 9 year old boy, it's so sad. :(

JediTricks
08-15-2005, 08:25 PM
Nothing ever came of it, she got off light initially I guess because the system loves famous people, and gets to keep on driving no matter how dangerous she is.

InsaneJediGirl
08-15-2005, 09:18 PM
Just goes to show you can pay your way out of almost anything. Its sad what happened to the young boy,I dont see how you can hit something and keep going. You're lucky your mom wasnt hit JT.

JediTricks
08-17-2005, 11:24 PM
It's lucky for Ms Gayheart too. :mad:

Deoxyribonucleic
08-18-2005, 01:24 PM
she's UGLY! :Ogre:

bobafrett
08-18-2005, 10:52 PM
I saw a lady who looked similar to Rebecca Gayheart, driving an SUV and talking on a cell phone. She drove through a red light nearly hitting the car that had the green light. I'm glad your mom wasn't hit by the Beeatch.

2-1B
07-17-2007, 07:43 PM
Whoa, she used to be engaged to Brett Ratner and is now married to the guy who played Multiple Man in Ratner's X-Men 3 ? :confused:

CaptainSolo1138
07-17-2007, 10:02 PM
And a couple weeks ago she was showing off her tasty vittles on a beach somewhere. And by "tasty" I mean "hot maybe seven years ago".

Oh, and by "vittles" I mean "chesticles".

bobafrett
07-17-2007, 10:42 PM
And a couple weeks ago she was showing off her tasty vittles on a beach somewhere. And by "tasty" I mean "hot maybe seven years ago".

Oh, and by "vittles" I mean "chesticles".

Pictures then?

LTBasker
07-17-2007, 10:46 PM
Ew, old typo.

What the... If she was that incompetent behind the wheel and ended up killing a kid, why wasn't she arrested?

There, fixed.

Odd reason to dig up a thead, X-Men 3 talk is usually a reason to let a thread die. :p

Rocketboy
07-18-2007, 02:28 AM
Pictures then?Yeah, but not on this site. :D

JediTricks
07-18-2007, 04:37 AM
Whoa, she used to be engaged to Brett Ratner and is now married to the guy who played Multiple Man in Ratner's X-Men 3 ? :confused:
Doesn't that prove she's evil?

darthvyn
07-18-2007, 02:15 PM
man, here i thought JT had another close-encounter with the fender of ms. gayheart's vehicle.

and yes, that DOES prove she's evil.

CaptainSolo1138
07-18-2007, 02:24 PM
Pictures then?Check your PMs, my friend. :lipsrsealed:

BountyHunterScum
07-18-2007, 03:35 PM
Check your PMs, my friend. :lipsrsealed:

I saw the pics, glad I'm not her boyfriend or whatever.

TeeEye7
07-18-2007, 04:23 PM
Deo, she wasn't arrested, she was charged by the LA district attorney with "misdemeanor vehicular manslaughter" 3 or 4 months after she killed the kid, to which she pled no-contest and got 1 year suspended license, 3 years probation, and had to produce several PSAs. The LA DA charged her the same day she slammed into our car.

Last year in June, she was driving her friends' SUV up Bronson in Hollywood while on the phone, some cars in the right lane had stopped to let the little boy coming home from school cross the street, she apparently assumed they were stopping for some other reason and went into the middle lane at her current speed (which was above the speed limit, according to the eye witnesses), she hit the boy and apparently didn't even immediately know she had done it. The LA DA wasn't sure what to charge her with and took a long time to decide if they were gonna charge her at all.

Then, on October 1st of last year, she was barrelling down the same street (it's called Canyon past a certain point) in a rented Mazda 626 and was speeding and eating a bowl of cereal, lost control and plowed the car into our Blazer pushing the rear axle up and forward over a foot! She then spun around and sideswiped the front of the Blazer and the Volvo that was parked in front of it, bounced off the 2 cars and flipped the Mazda. She got away with only bumps and scrapes, called her assistant, and when the assistant showed up, left the ambulance and the scene before the police arrived, leaving her upside-down car (with cereal everywhere) in the middle of the street and the assistant to give out her insurance info.

BTW, I looked it up, she pled no-contest on Nov 27th, 2001, so she nearly ran down my mom today while still with a suspended license. I'm trying to convince my mom to tell the DA and/or cops. This woman should NOT be driving anymore!

So beware, run, hide, and watch out for...
THE TERROR THAT STALKS THE STREETS!

I've got to get my two-cent's worth in about the DA end of things on this mess, being in the law enforcment biz. ANY California DA considers a plea to be a victory. If it results in a "slap on the wrist" for something serious, they don't really care. The prosecuting attorney gets the stat that he "won" and it makes his/her boss happy, and the numbers look good on paper to the public.

There is very much an adversarial realtionship between the average street cop and the DA's Office. We will bust our butts to bring some one to justice, and the DA will undermine our work with some trivial plea bargain. I don't want to suggest this is business as usual, but it happens far too often, especially with people of notoriety. Our city cops just busted Tom Sizemore (of "Saving Private Ryan" fame) on a dope charge recently...they were filming in town. He's currently doing 16 months in LA County for violation of probation due to the arrest (and lab results). He will be facing dope charges here in my town, but you can bet our DA will cheese up and figure the 16 months he's doing (he'll actually do less....just watch) and just stick him on probation again. Anyway, we do our bit only to have it trivialized later. If the DA would only see the victims later on the street as we do, have to listen to their tirades, as we do, I think they'd be a little more caring and aggressive about doing their job, instead of worrying about their karaoke skills at happy hour.

Your tax dollar at work, folks.

DarthBrandon
07-18-2007, 07:08 PM
JMS, my mom was not hit.

Last year the family car was hit by Rebecca "Maddog" Gayheart only a few minutes before we were about to get in.

Today, Maddog was on the same street in almost the same place speeding and NEARLY hit my mom who was crossing the street. Ms. Gayheart's license is still suspended for 2 more weeks, yet she was driving... irresponsibly as usual.

I don't get how Rebecca Gayheart can run a child down in the streets and get a quiet misdemeanor charge and a slap on the wrists while Winona Ryder shoplifts a few items from Sacks and gets this mega trial.

If it were either of my kids, (nothing done about it) I would have put a stop to her driving permanently. I shouldn't have to say anything else, just know it wouldn't happen to anyone else again.

El Chuxter
07-19-2007, 10:59 PM
I would like to make a non-Deathly Hallows prediction here:

Thread closing in three... two...

BountyHunterScum
07-19-2007, 11:06 PM
Yall have a grim outlook on things. The thread is fine.

CaptainSolo1138
07-20-2007, 12:21 AM
Already did, didn't find anything concrete.OK, you win.

2-1B
07-20-2007, 12:44 AM
Nothing concrete or any other rock hard evidence to support Caps' theory.

Rocketboy
07-20-2007, 10:36 AM
I would like to make a non-Deathly Hallows prediction here:

Thread closing in three... two......One....

CaptainSolo1138
07-20-2007, 10:53 AM
...One....
It's amazing isn't it? A warning is given but people still persist.

Say "hi" to Tycho and Darth Instigator!

BountyHunterScum
07-20-2007, 02:10 PM
It's amazing isn't it? A warning is given but people still persist.

Say "hi" to Tycho and Darth Instigator!

What warning?

El Chuxter
04-29-2008, 03:23 PM
Rebecca Gayheart showed up at my door this morning and asked to play Mario Kart. Knowing what a crappy driver she is, I refused. I don't want her knocking me off into the lava. :thumbsup:

mabudonicus
04-29-2008, 04:04 PM
Hmmm, for a not-TOO-old thread it provides an interesting re-read- it would appear that the original was prolly about double the length it now stands, with several peculiar artifacts of what may have transpired... not REAL interesting, but interesting nonetheless
:bored: Iso&Baws
Wish I could see the redacted parts :D

2-1B
08-18-2009, 07:23 AM
Quick, hide! Rebecca Gayheart is back on the celebrity sex tape circuit!!!

I didn't even realize she was married to Eric Dane, so shame on him for that...I used to respect that guy. lol lol lol

Qui-Long Gone
08-18-2009, 10:01 AM
^Ungh....such violence on the streets and in video...

El Chuxter
08-18-2009, 01:04 PM
Uh, huh huh huh, you said 'gay.'

JimJamBonds
08-18-2009, 10:27 PM
Quick, hide! Rebecca Gayheart is back on the celebrity sex tape circuit!!!

I didn't even realize she was married to Eric Dane, so shame on him for that...I used to respect that guy. lol lol lol

They said it wasn't a sex tape although they (3) were all naked. :rolleyes:

JediTricks
08-20-2009, 07:05 PM
Yeah, I love that, "it's a naked tape, not a sex tape". AHAHAHAHAHA! Well, as long as she's not running into anybody else's kids or cars, I guess...

JimJamBonds
08-20-2009, 09:19 PM
I couldn't at the time remember the name that Eric Dane says is his alter ego but I now remember it, that name? Cocaine Manor. Nice work Danner!