PDA

View Full Version : What kind of impact will Boba Fett have in EpIII

maulrat22
11-14-2002, 08:41 PM
see subject =)

stillakid
11-14-2002, 11:14 PM
He turns out to be Luke and Leia's real father. Plus he also managed to place the order for the Clone Army before he was born. He also turns out to be the original owner of the Falcon and the whole reason he turns up in the OT is that he's trying to get it back. He also invented Midichlorians (pre-birth) and injected them into the general population where they spread like a virus.

The Overlord Returns
11-15-2002, 10:13 AM
Hopefully little to no impact.

Darkross
11-15-2002, 11:31 AM
I think that he will play an important role in how some of the Jedi are killed...even perhaps help explain what happens to Padme.

Pendo
11-15-2002, 11:46 AM
I think Boba will be a hard character to portray in Ep3. He is supposed to be 10 in AOTC, so this only makes him 13 in Ep3 (even though Daniel Logan will be about 16/17 :rolleyes:;)). You can't really have a 13 year old boy going out on missions and being a great bounty hunter, etc. He would stand no chance against a Jedi (but would a Jedi kill a 13 year old?), or any other character.

I would like to see Boba kill Mace Windu to avenge his father's death, but it shouldn't be Boba who defeats him. I think Mace and Anakin should duel it out. Anakin beats the s*** out of Mace and wounds him. Mace is unable to do anything to defend himself and Anakin leaves Mace for Boba to do what he wants with him. Boba just puts a gun to Mace's head and pulls the trigger...(or something like that).

I think if Lucas wants more freedom in Ep3 with Boba then he will have to change his age. Boba's age is not mentioned in AOTC only in EU material. If he makes it that Boba was cloned 3 years before the production began on the other clones, that would make him 16 in Ep3. That would give Boba a little more freedom to be a fighting character (but still wouldn't defeat Mace)!

PENDO!

bobafett07728
11-15-2002, 11:53 AM
As much of a Fett fan as I am. . . I actually hope he either isn't in Episode III, or only has a small bit part. The rumors are that this will only take three years after Episode II, making the young Fett only 13 years old. I can't really see a thirteen year old rugrat taking out any Jedi, at least any important ones. And if they aren't major Jedi. . .there is no point in showing their death on the big screen. There is so much that needs to be shown in Episode III that there isn't time to further develop Boba Fett. If Aurra Sing maybe takes him under her wing, and they both appear together (for a short while mind you), that may be acceptable. Unfortunately, for Fett fans like myself, I think we will have to rely on EU to fill in the blanks on the rest of Boba's life. Episode II gave us a little history, and gave us an explanation as to his ruthlessness, I think that is more than we could ask for.

This also leads to the question of Han, Chewie, and Lando appearing in Episode III. While it would be ultra-cool to see OT characters in Episode III, I don't see a need to connect EVERY SINGLE character from Prequel to Trilogy. Could Lucas maybe have a scene where in the background a Sabbac game has just been decided, and a young man stands up furious from a table occupied by a young smuggler and his Wookie friend??? No sound, just background. Enough to make the fans happy, but small enough to not affect the actual movie. I don't think I want to see too many characters introduced in Episode III (yeah. . .I know WE know who they are, but chronologically they DON'T exist yet.) Maybe Tarkin would make sense, as we have heard of him in at least two of the novels.

Uh. . .well. . .I guess the answer to maulrat22's question was. . .

No impact from the young Boba Fett.

bobafett07728
11-15-2002, 11:55 AM
Once again. . .Pendo and I are on the same page.

darthvyn
11-16-2002, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by stillakid
He turns out to be Luke and Leia's real father. Plus he also managed to place the order for the Clone Army before he was born. He also turns out to be the original owner of the Falcon and the whole reason he turns up in the OT is that he's trying to get it back. He also invented Midichlorians (pre-birth) and injected them into the general population where they spread like a virus.

i heard a rumor that says this is all correct! :sur:

also, he is yoda, just younger.

stillakid
11-16-2002, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by darthvyn

i heard a rumor that says this is all correct! :sur:

also, he is yoda, just younger.

What good would the Internet be if we couldn't spread unfounded rumors? ;)

jedihunter25
11-17-2002, 12:58 AM
Maybe in a small role,he quitely (like a bounty hunter) kills off Mace for the revenge of Jango's death. I'd like to see that.

Toad
11-17-2002, 11:19 AM
I used to think it would be neat to see him avenge his father's death and kill Mace, via distintegration. However, you guys make a good point ---- it might even be more powerful to not see him at all, or maybe in passing inside Slave I or something like that. That way, we go like 25 years before we meet him again in ESB.

Lucas has tried too hard to tie everything together with neat and cute little coincidences. (i.e. C-3PO built by Anakin?? What the hell is that?? ;))

I think if we see Han, Chewie, Lando, Tarkin, etc., it would be really neat --- but it's just another lame attempt at coincidences. It makes this whole Star Wars universe seem peculiarly SMALL. Maybe that's what GL is going for.

I'm left to think, unfortunately, that Boba will play a significant part in Ep. III and Tarkin will be shown. I don't think even GL will show Han, Chewie, and Lando though ---- even though the background Sabbac game idea is a good one. :)

Pendo
11-17-2002, 12:50 PM
I hope Episode III reveals Boba's Mandalorian gear, so that when we see him in Episode IV we know instantly that it is Boba Fett and not just another Mandalorian.

PENDO!

darthvyn
11-18-2002, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by Pendo
I hope Episode III reveals Boba's Mandalorian gear, so that when we see him in Episode IV we know instantly that it is Boba Fett and not just another Mandalorian.

PENDO!

i still would like to see him kill some padawans and hang their braids over his shoulder... :evil:

The Overlord Returns
11-18-2002, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Pendo

PENDO!

erm......are you trying to say you think Boba Fett still comes in contact with Mandalorians?

Isn't the whole mandalorian thing out the window...considering we know now where boba gets his background, and armor, and ship, from?

Pendo
11-19-2002, 12:30 PM
I don't think Boba comes in contact with the Mandalorians, but wasn't Jango a mandalorian? I think I read it somewhere that Jango's armour IS that of the mandalorians, so Boba's will be too :).

The Overlord Returns
11-19-2002, 12:50 PM
I think that's just hold over from EU purists.........

I'd say, based on the films, Jangos armor is of his own design.

Pendo
11-19-2002, 01:25 PM
This is from the official site:

Originally posted by StarWars.com
Jango Fett was orphaned at an early age, the son of simple Concord Dawn farmers killed by brutal marauders. At the age of ten, he was picked up by Journeyman Protector Jaster Mereel, who introduced Fett to a harsh world of mercenary life. He was raised among great warriors, learning to survive in the rugged frontiers. Though the Mandalorian supercommandos were wiped out by the Jedi Knights, Jango was one of the few left to still wear the armor.

PENDO!

The Overlord Returns
11-19-2002, 01:28 PM
does starwars.com count as cannon? ;)