PDA

View Full Version : Dog slobber on my Bantha question

Old Fossil
11-14-2002, 10:30 PM
I have a Basset Hound named Earl, and 2 Banthas (loose). I came home from work the other day, and Earl had managed to snag one of my Banthas off a shelf and had played with it a little. No teeth marks, mind you, but lots of slobbery Bantha hair, especially about the hindquarters. Well, being the generally lazy husband, I put the Bantha back on the shelf, where it has languished for 2 days; meanwhile, the dog slobber has dried to a clear, shiny shell.

How should I go about cleaning it? Soap and water, what?

Deoxyribonucleic
11-14-2002, 11:34 PM
How about some doggie shampoo! After all it is "real feel" hair :D

Seriously though, I'd use warm water and a cloth, and just gently wipe the hair off, something that won't leave lil' bits of itself in the hair.

Banthaholic
11-15-2002, 10:50 AM
Sorry about the misfortune Twodot Tatooine,
at least your dog knew not to chew on the Bantha.
Personally, I'd hate to see a heard of Tusken's when there prized ride got a bit damaged. Although I suppose I could just put my hood up and they'd all run away, hmmmm...

JediTricks
11-16-2002, 01:20 AM
Try woolite, it's very gentile, and I hear they use it to clean sheep for sheep contests.

Emperor Howdy
11-21-2002, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by JediTricks
I hear they use it to clean sheep for sheep contests.

JT hears the weirdest things........

Old Fossil
11-21-2002, 08:50 AM
Well I ended up soaking the rear end of the Bantha in question in a sink, with some Alberto V05. It worked pretty good, got all the dried slobber off, but the after the hair dried it seems a little "fluffier" than it was before the incident.

Maybe I need to apply some conditioner...

JediTricks
11-22-2002, 12:01 AM
I wouldn't suggest monkeying with it any further, just let mother nature do her magic and in a few weeks, if the weather gets foul it'll probably be just how you want it.

It's not that weird a thing to hear.

Old Fossil
11-22-2002, 08:41 AM
LOL

Oh, and thanks for the advice, Deox & JT!

Deoxyribonucleic
11-22-2002, 12:54 PM
Just glad it worked out well for you! :)

Oh the troubles of being a SW collector eh?!

fourtwo
11-25-2002, 06:57 PM
sheep contests....hahahaha
too funny