PDA

View Full Version : Lord of the Rings figures

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8

kool-aid killer
01-29-2003, 08:07 AM
Im hoping that this weekend i will be able to find sauron. Of all the LOTR figures he has been the only one that i cant find. Legolas i ran into three of them one day btw i feel kind of bad cause i bought them all, one for my sister, one for my mom, and one to trade. They wanted him cause he is "cute" Do you people think im dirty? Should i have left one for someone else?

Darth Sidious
01-29-2003, 11:45 AM
Nah, there is nothing wrong with what you did, in my personal opinion. It's not like you were buying them so you could scalp them all on eBay. It is no different than if you went to the store with your mom and sister and each of you bought one. As for me, I went to WM and got Gandalf the White. As expected, he is a great figure. His robes could be a bit whiter, but that is my only gripe. The Glamdring is freaking awesome. I heard someone say on other forums that they wouldn't get this figure because Ian McKellen is homosexual. Who gives a crap? Someone who is that rude and ignorant and intolerant doesn't deserve to own a great figure like Gandalf.

kadamontaga
01-29-2003, 12:14 PM
I found the Gondorian Ranger on sale yesterday. I'd never wanted to get him before but I'm really glad I did. He's bloody great!!
ToyBiz are really kicking *** with the TTT waves. Have you all seen that promotional pic of Eowyn and Prologue Bilbo? It's on http://www.action-figure.com I can't wait for Eowyn.

kadamontaga
01-29-2003, 03:38 PM
The LOTR 3" mini-figures have been unveiled, and they look superb.
http://www.figures.com/databases/action.cgi?setup_file=lotrnews2.setup&category=lotr&topic=3&show_article=39
I think the price-point is a problem though, as far as I understand it, Helms Deep is slated for $60.

Darth Sidious
01-29-2003, 03:52 PM
I don't know if I like this idea of mini-figures...Well, I wont mind them, but I don't plan on collecting them (For financial reasons-without a job or anything I can really only collect 1 or 2 toy lines at a time) and I'll be very upset if they replace the 6" line... But if they don't replace it, I say let them stay. :)

jpak001
01-29-2003, 03:59 PM
Woah! Oh man, why did they have to do that? I don't know if I'll be able to resist those, they look awesome in these pics.

That Ringwraith looks especially impressive. If these are as nice as they look here, and aren't crappy like those intelliblox things, I may just take a bite (not that I can afford to collect another line). Hopefully they won't be too expensive......

Jayspawn
01-29-2003, 06:43 PM
I kinda like the 3" figures. The playsets look pretty cool too. I prefer the 7" figures more. I'll probably get the 3" playset w/ Saruman the White. Christopher Lee rules!

kadamontaga
01-29-2003, 07:23 PM
Here's a link to a thread in which the makers of these new mini-figures are answering questions: http://www.lordoftheringsguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1936&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

It seems that the Balrog will not be a complete figure, but will be 3/4 of the figure, permanently attached to the base. I think that's a shame, but I'll probably still buy it.

Jayspawn
01-31-2003, 10:17 AM
It shouldn't be too much longer before the new figures start showing. I can't wait for that Prologue Elf.

Prince Xizor
01-31-2003, 12:11 PM
I found the Army-Building wave at KB Toys yesterday. They had all of them. I was planning on getting them, but I have to save money for V-Day, and KB has them for $8.99. So I think I am going to wait to find them somewhere else or only get one of them, The Grishnak.

kadamontaga
01-31-2003, 07:33 PM
Could someone please remind me who's in the army building wave?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-31-2003, 07:40 PM
Ringwraith. Moira Orc. Grishank. Ugluck. Uruk-Hai warrior

(those are spelled wrong, but it's all the same) :D

kadamontaga
01-31-2003, 08:34 PM
Thanks ! :)

kool-aid killer
02-01-2003, 11:27 AM
Will the uruk hai be the one they released with Gimli in the FOTR two pack or (would be cool but i highly doubt it) the one that was an exclusive when the toys first came out? If they are going to put out Grishnak again any idea if Lurtz from the two pack is due to come out again? Glad to see the Moria Orc is being issued by himself, i thought he was a cool ugly orc. It would be awesome if they could give him a bow and some arrows.

Jayspawn
02-03-2003, 06:36 PM
I believe that Lurtz from the 2-pack will be coming out again as a single figure.

There has been NOTHING on store shelves as of late. :frus:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-03-2003, 07:56 PM
I keep checking etoys daily and every few hours. They get alot of stuff in at once. They had alot of figures last week, but sold out fast. Keep your eyes peeled, kids!! any day now!! :D

jpak001
02-03-2003, 09:00 PM
Action-figure has posted a pretty detailed review of the new Golum figure with lots of pictures. Looks pretty cool, but I still hope we get a regular plastic one. If anyones capable of giving a small figure like that lots of articulation, it's definitely ToyBiz....

Here's the link (scroll down for the pics):

http://www.action-figure.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Reviews&file=index&req=showcontent&id=458

Old Fossil
02-03-2003, 09:46 PM
Man, I can't wait for Gollum! Thanks for the link, jpak! I'll have to buy several of these, one for myself and a few to give as gifts. Even non-collectors will think the Gollum figure rocks!

BlahBlahBlah
02-03-2003, 09:58 PM
The re-pack Uruk-Hai is NOT the one from the Gimli 2-pack, or Lurtz. It's the Beserker Uruk.

QLD
02-04-2003, 02:41 AM
I saw the army builder pack at KB the other day. They had two Ring Wraiths, but I got just one.

Jayspawn
02-04-2003, 02:12 PM
I'm not so sure about the Gollum figure. He seems to have very limited posability. Bendys are next to always terrible action figures. They stand next to never.

Prince Xizor
02-04-2003, 08:49 PM
Oh man, Gollum is by far my most anticapated figure of this year, out of any line. That review makes me want it so much more...

CrunchyNug
02-05-2003, 05:43 PM
I found some more Assortment 5 (army builders) this morning in a Los Angeles KB. I was surprised that the Moria Orc is only ONE per case - but I got him anyways.

jpak001
02-05-2003, 05:58 PM
huh, figures that would be the "one per case" fig. That's the only one I was planning on getting from this rehash wave.....

Jayspawn
02-06-2003, 01:47 AM
I'm skipping all the repackaged figures. I got most of them on clearance at KB when they came out the first time in Fellowship packaging.

QLD
02-06-2003, 01:49 AM
I am hoping they repackage bilbo and elrond, then i will be thrilled!

Jayspawn
02-06-2003, 01:56 AM
We're getting a new Bilbo this year anyways, so theres not too much need for a repackaged version. A new Elrond from Rivendale would great!

CrunchyNug
02-06-2003, 04:31 PM
Ahh, but how wrong you are. He was fairly difficult to find at retail, so Toybiz is repackaging him in the TTT box - plus the Prologue one as well

www.figures.com/databases/action.cgi?setup_file=lotrnews2.setup&category=lotr&topic=3&show_article=42

Prince Xizor
02-07-2003, 07:42 PM
I want a repackaged Elrond too.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-07-2003, 11:27 PM
Amazon now has the gift set in stock for those who wanted it.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00006EDQF/ref=ase_thegreendrago-20/002-8842956-0443242?v=glance&s=toys

kadamontaga
02-08-2003, 07:12 AM
Wave 3 have been released in the UK :p

Jayspawn
02-08-2003, 11:36 AM
I can't wait either. I saw some great pictures a few days ago, it's looking to be a GREAT wave!

Prince Xizor
02-08-2003, 10:24 PM
Count me in for can't waiting. I plan on getting the Elf and the Ringwraith right away. I shall have to see what others think of Aragorn first before purchasing him.

kadamontaga
02-09-2003, 08:18 AM
I got the Elf, Frodo, Aragorn and Galadriel and Aragorn isn't too bad really. I recomend picking him up.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-09-2003, 12:30 PM
Congrats on your find, Kadamontaga!! Please bear in mind i'm saying this while gritting my teeth cause i'm insanely jealous!!!! I've debating just ordering them from the UK myself cause i'm too giddy about these figures. I'll prolly wait till they hit the states though. Though, It's too tempting!!! ahhhhhhh!!! :crazed: Congrats though!! :D

Prince Xizor
02-09-2003, 01:49 PM
Kadamontaga, do you have any idea what the case breakdown is? Like are any of the figures much more short-packed than the others?

kadamontaga
02-09-2003, 03:46 PM
There are 2 different case assortments I think. Aragorn, Frodo and the Twilight Ringwraith are packed at about 3 of each to a case. Galadriel and the Prologue Elf are only 1 each to a case, so you should snap those up quick.
Are any of you familiar with Michael's Review of the Week? I'll be doing a guest review for him later tonight on the four figures I picked up.
Also, I recommend checking out the forums at http://www.lordoftheringsguide.com for more details on the toys. And finally, have a look at this thread: http://www.action-figure.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=XForum&file=viewthread&tid=975 I started on action-figure.com where you can see some pictures and some questions and answers about the new figures.

Don't get angry at Toybiz for shortpacking Galadriel - if they hadn't done that, the retailers would never even attempt to sell her. I'm not sure why they shortpacked the Prologue Elf though, seems kinda dumb to me.

kadamontaga
02-09-2003, 06:51 PM
Everybody, go read my review at: http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_021003b.htm :D

Prince Xizor
02-10-2003, 01:29 PM
Found Series 3 Out in here Western Mass! That must mean it's everywhere else!

Jayspawn
02-10-2003, 06:23 PM
WHAT STORE??!?!!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-10-2003, 07:15 PM
Ah, wave three, actual figures and not army builders!!! Ah!!! I need to get to a store, ASAP!!! who wants to drive me?!!?!? hehehehehheehehehehe :D

Prince Xizor
02-10-2003, 09:58 PM
I found them at KB Toy Works. They were supremely overpriced but I couldn't help myself.

Jayspawn
02-11-2003, 12:32 AM
Well thats alright. I probably would be able to either. :D

Bosskman
02-11-2003, 09:02 PM
I got the Elf Warrior, Galadriel, Frodo, Witch King and Aragorn at Gamezilla in Moncton NB Canada and they are all absolutely awesome. This could be my favorite wave of all.

Darth Sidious
02-14-2003, 11:01 AM
I got Faramir at WM, he is awesome, as all of the TT figures are. There were a lot of Rohan Armor Legolases too.

kool-aid killer
02-15-2003, 12:50 PM
I went to a local walmart last night and was able to find frodo with light up sting. i wish the sword was removable but its still a decent figure. unfortunately he was the only LOTR figure on the pegs. i could have kicked myself for not having gone earlier. oh well im confident i will find the rest soon.

Darth Sidious
02-15-2003, 01:40 PM
I went to KB Toys and got a Twilight Ringwraith, and I have to say he is my favorite basic figure yet. I even like his gimmick. They also had a Merry & Pippin 2-pack, Newborn Lurtzes, and Helm's Deep Aragorn.

Jayspawn
02-15-2003, 05:56 PM
I found Frodo w/ light up Sting at Wal-Mart today. It's a great looking figure. I don't like how the sword is fixed to his hand though. I thinkl it's the best Frodo figure. They also had the Merry & Pippin 2-pack but that was it. I wish I'd gone earlier.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-15-2003, 06:37 PM
Traveling Bilbo has hit amazon. This figure was really hard to find before and i suggest if you want it, order quickly, as I did.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00007H1Z6/qid=1045352157/sr=1-2/ref=sr_1_2/002-4231866-7397642?v=glance&s=toys

kool-aid killer
02-17-2003, 07:49 AM
Yesterday i was able to put the prologue elf and a twilight ringwraith on layaway. They both look really cool. I passed on the helms deep aragorn which is a more acurate looking one than the screaming hobo one they released earlier but i think ill eventually get him. Glad the new star wars toys arent out yet or else id be really broke.

OzOtter
02-19-2003, 03:01 PM
Two questions. I've just been at figures.com looking over images from Toy Fair.

1. Is that a new six inch Aragorn in his ranger gear?

2. Is there a new, larger Treebeard on the way? (I can't really make it out in the photos)

jpak001
02-19-2003, 03:39 PM
I'm not sure, but the article I read said "8 inch Treebeard" It wouldn't make any sense for a 8" 'beard, maybe it was a typo or something. I also think they had a new 12' Aragorn on display, that might be the one you saw (I hope so since the 1st 12" Aragorn was so bad).

BlahBlahBlah
02-19-2003, 05:00 PM
No, 8-inch Treebeard is not a typo. It was rumor a little while ago, and this confirms it. I really don't know what the point is, but I'll get one, if jus tto customize into a Huorn.

And no, the Aragorn in ranger gear is not the 12 inch. Apparently it's just a remold of the FOTR Strider, without the gimmicks, and a new sword.

Jayspawn
02-19-2003, 11:35 PM
A 8" Treebeard doesn't make any sence. There no such thing as a small Ent. The picture of the King Aragorn figure looks great! I'll definatly get that one. The Legolas looks ok, but I like the 'Two Towers' one better.

I'm really looking forward to the 11" Gollum.

Prince Xizor
02-20-2003, 08:29 AM
Their names escape me right now, but those dog creatures that the orcs rode, they look awesome as a toy. I hope to pick up a couple of those!

Old Fossil
02-20-2003, 09:12 AM
Wargs.

jpak001
02-20-2003, 10:55 AM
- Oh yeah, the Warg w/rider!!! That's what I'm looking forward to the most out of this line! Been wanting one of those since I saw the movie.

I wonder how they're going to package it:

Deluxe two pack ($12.99 - $14.99 :) )
or, like a horse w/rider box ($20.00 :( )

OzOtter
02-20-2003, 02:57 PM
I was also really glad they made the warg and rider. That was one of two rider sets on my wish list. Now all they have to do is make the fell beast with ringwraith and my collection will be complete!

Prince Xizor
02-20-2003, 07:38 PM
All I want is a Balrog. I would give up my left foot for a Balrog.

jpak001
02-20-2003, 08:37 PM
Sweet! Scored some new figs at KB toys today:

Prologue Elf Warrior
Twilight Ringwraith
Helms Deep Aragorn
Frodo w/light up sting
Moria Orc repack

Oh man, these are awesome! Especially the wraith & prologue elf! There was a torn open Galadriel box there missing the figure too........ Looks like some filthy thieves managed to swipe it :mad: Really sucks that some dirty, low-down, jerk got this HTF figure.........

kool-aid killer
02-21-2003, 07:44 AM
Is Ugluk, Moria Orc, and Grishnakh supposed to be shipped around the same time as Helms Deep Aragorn, Twilight Ringwraith etc? I havent been able to find any of the army builder figures. I think a Uruk Hai in the armor they wore to Helms Deep would be cool.

jpak001
02-21-2003, 09:49 AM
I think the army builders started shipping before the new ones. I started seeing them about two weeks ago, & just saw the new ones for the 1st time yesterday.

The only HD Uruk released so far is the berserker, but he doesn't have any armor. I'm sure they'll release one eventually though, hopefully with a removeable helmet!

Jayspawn
02-21-2003, 10:01 AM
I'm glad somebody is finding new Lord of the Rings figures. It sure isn't me. The Beserker is going to be repacked- the same one as the 2-pack.

kool-aid killer
02-21-2003, 09:34 PM
jpak001, It would be cool if they could make one with a removable helmet. Im torn on whether to get the exclusive one they released for FOTR off of ebay or to just forget it cause its only one figure plus it goes for $50 or more. Any idea on what the case breakdown is because i last went two days ago to my favorite Walmart, the pegs where full, and i seen quite a bit of Aragorns, Merry & Pippen, and Twilight Ringwraiths but there was only one Prologue Elf and Galadriel. Good luck over the weekend Jayspawn!

Darth Sidious
02-21-2003, 10:03 PM
I saw the new wave at WM, including ONE caped Prologue Elf. Guess what? I didn't have any money...Yeah, no money. Oh well, you win some you lose some, I'll find them again. :)

jpak001
02-22-2003, 01:36 AM
Not sure about the case breakdown, but I think the repack Merry & pippen repack & Galadriel or short packed. The dude at KB mentioned that the Twilight Ringwraith is rare (I'm not fully convinced he knew what he was talking about..).

There is a caped Prologue Elf?? There was only one when I found him, and he's got no cape! What's up with that?!?!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-22-2003, 01:50 AM
Jpak001- yeah, the No cape/cape thing is something that is popping up. Some of the versions have them while others don't. There are also reports of Frodo's sword, Sting, which glows blue has been glowing green, yellow and all sorts of wacked out colors. Check out hte green dragon. (www.thegd.com) for more info.

FYI- 11 inch gollum up for pre-sale @etoys. For those interested, here is the link: http://www.etoys.com/genProduct.html?PID=2265639&ctid=17

I got so excited when i saw a new item added to the lineup and realized it was just the 11 inch gollum. I don't want him, but for those who do, there you go. Night! :D

jpak001
02-22-2003, 02:39 AM
Huh, I was wondering why my Frodo's sting is green. I want a blue one!

Bosskman
02-22-2003, 07:01 AM
My prologue elf has a cape.

Prince Xizor
02-22-2003, 10:51 AM
I don't have a prologue elf, with or without cape.:cry:

And I think the casebreakdown goes something like this:

3 Helms Deep Aragorn
3 Twilight Ringwraith
3 Frodo w/ Sting
1 Galadrial
1 Prologue Elf
? Merry & Pippen

Jayspawn
02-22-2003, 03:58 PM
I think theres 1 Merry and Pippin in the case. Still no sign on Series 3 yet.

CrunchyNug
02-22-2003, 09:21 PM
Yup there's only ONE Merry & Pippin per case - just like Galadriel and PEW. I managed to find these at a Los Angeles KB Toys this week. I walked away with ONE Galadriel and TWO Prologue Elven Warriors (without capes.) WOW. These are great figures people!!!

I tried to grab another PEW this mornng at another KB, but was beaten to the punch by two middle-aged women who gobbled up everything right before my eyes. Now I'm competing with THEM too??? Man this stuff is POPULAR!!!.

Jayspawn
02-22-2003, 11:39 PM
Wohoo! I scored Twilight Ringraith, Frodo w/ light up Sting and Helm's Deep Aragorn tonight at KB Toys. There was a bunch of repack Frodos and 1 Merry and Pippin set. No Prologue Elves or Galandriel though. These figures are awesome!

Bosskman
02-23-2003, 07:14 AM
What does the Elf look like without the cape? I thought they all had capes.

kool-aid killer
02-23-2003, 01:07 PM
I have a Prologue Elf and the Twilight Ringwraith on layaway and i wonder if mine has a cape or not. Not that i really care i just think he would look cool with it. The Aragorn does look more appealing every day though. LOTR and TMNT figures always seem to fly off the shelves so its exciting being able to find new toys.

CrunchyNug
02-23-2003, 06:06 PM
OK, this cape thing is definitely getting wierd. I did a little homework and found a picture of one WITH his cape.

www.lordoftheringsguide.com/forums/attachment.php?postid=24666

Then I looked at mine and noticed that NEITHER of them have capes. Is this an error or a variation? And does it have anything to do with distribution territories? From what I've seen, most of the PEW w/ capes are showing up in Europe, and the PEW w/out capes are popping up in the States. I'm confused.

Darth Sidious
02-23-2003, 07:19 PM
It is something I would call a variation. The figures vary between one another, and I think it was a conscious decision of the company to put capes on some and not on others. Capes aren't really something you just forget, not in large quantities such as this, anyway.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-23-2003, 09:17 PM
I scored an entire set of series 3 at wally world!!! I was sooooo giddy!!! I nearly dropped toys on some kid going through the pegs. (No, i caught them and then calmed down...hehehehe)

I must've gotten there minutes after they put them out or something. They had most of the figures on the pegs, but Galadriel and Prolog Elf were high up on the top shelf. So, i used my awesome jumping skills (aka: stood on the bottom shelf and jumped up until i hit them down). I took a glance and my prolog elf has a cape, which i'm happy about, cause i think they look better with it. These figures look AWESOME. :D

Prince Xizor
02-23-2003, 11:44 PM
Damn it! Am I the only one without them!?

Greyfolk
02-24-2003, 10:25 PM
Where is there a good site to find pictures of LotRs figures? I've gone through a few that were mentioned in this thread... But I haven't found a site that has a good comprehensive listing like good ol' SSG does for SW.

Darth Sidious
02-25-2003, 06:59 AM
www.thegd.com Here you go. :)

Greyfolk
02-25-2003, 02:12 PM
they say series 3 and 4 two towers figures are coming out mid march...can you tell which new LOTR figures are coming out? Gollum perhaps?

Thanks.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-25-2003, 05:14 PM
Greyfolk, the wave 3 is:
Aragorn- Helms deep
Galadriel
Frodo w/ sting
Prolog Elf
Merry & Pippin
Twilight Ringwraith

Gollum i believe is in wave 4, which includes:
Mordor Sam
Helms Deep Legolas
King Theoden in Armor
Twilight Frodo

Edit: nearly forgot: wave 3 is out now along with wave 5 (army builders pretty much) wave 4 is due out April/May area i believe, but some places aren't getting it till July.

I believe wave 4 also has the reissue of Bormor and Gimli, but i might be wrong. :D

Prince Xizor
02-25-2003, 09:33 PM
Yes wave four does include the reiusse of Gimili but the Boromir, I believe, has been cancelled.

And Kaybee is the only ones getting wave 3 right now. TRU is not due to receive it until mid-march. I have no idea about Target though. I would guess a little after TRU, as that has been my experiance.

CrunchyNug
02-25-2003, 09:50 PM
Well, out here in L.A. they've been spotted at Walmart too. But sadly, our Targets have put any remaining items on Clearance. That's not a good sign. But KB's are getting them everywhere, and several cases at a time too. I managed to find a Traveling Bilbo this morning in a series 2 repack. Who needs a Prologue Elven Warrior? I do, I do!!!

smurfvader
02-26-2003, 05:22 PM
sadly, our Targets have put any remaining items on Clearance. That's not a good sign.

That depends on how you view that. In Nj I started buying all the LOTR figures when they were put on clearance. A few short months later the TT figures started to show up, but not at Target. It wasn't until several more months later that Target started getting TT figures. So it might just be a matter of time before Target gets the next few waves. Since most Targets are sold out of their TT figures, I wouldn't think they would stop selling them if that's what your worried about.

JIm

figrin bran
02-26-2003, 10:30 PM
hey, crunchynug, i too need anything from series 3...i've been too late at all the local kb's. and people on lotr.guide claiming that they're going to buy up every prologue elf and galadriel in the l.a. area certainly doesn't help things!

jpak001
02-27-2003, 01:20 AM
That really sucks.... I only want one Galadriel, and one each Prologue Elf (cape & no cape).

I could understand wanting an army of elves, but why anyone would even want more than one Galadriel is beyond me.... What's wrong with these people anyway ?:confused: ?

jjreason
02-27-2003, 02:27 AM
:greedy: :greedy: :greedy: :greedy: :greedy:

They're thieves. Pure and simple. Taking from the ones that WANT the figures just to line their pockets with lucre. Get out there and beat them to it, I guess. We haven't received any wave 3 figures up here near the north pole yet, but then my store is currently sitting on about 10 Grimas that have not yet sold. I hope they'll keep getting new stock, I really want that Ringwraith!

kool-aid killer
02-27-2003, 08:10 AM
I was lucky enough to get a Galadriel last week but since then i have yet to find any new figures. I hope the army builders come in soon and now that i think more about it wouldnt mind a prologue elf with cape and without. On the link that darth sidious posted did anybody else read about how Toybiz was going to cancel the production of an orc figure? I hope they dont because another orc would be a welcome addition plus the only TWO TOWERS figure that pegwarms is King Theoden. One last question, is the armored King Theoden the same one that will be released in the five pack with the exclusive Haldir figure?

Jayspawn
02-27-2003, 09:50 AM
I believe the Armored Theoden is the version coming in the 5-pack w/ Haldir.

The only LOTR pegwarmer in my area is Gandalf the White and the 2-packs w/ Merry and Pippin. I wish Theoden was a pegwarmer.

jpak001
02-27-2003, 10:05 AM
Actually, I think the single card Armored Theoden comes with a helmet (not sure if it's removable), and the 5 pack version looks like he has no helmet (and it looks like one wouldn't fit because of the way the hairs sculpted).

I could be wrong though!

kadamontaga
02-27-2003, 05:14 PM
I think you are wrong. I'm pretty sure that both the carded and the boxed versions will come with helmet.

I'm in the UK and saw 4 Galadriels at retails today. She is just as shortpacked here as in the US.

BTW, here's a carded pic of Theoden: http://store4.yimg.com/I/dragonballzcentral_1729_54048232

Source: http://www.lordoftheringsguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2472

Prince Xizor
02-27-2003, 05:30 PM
Damn that man looks chubby in his armor.:sur: :p

kadamontaga
02-27-2003, 06:22 PM
Wouldn't you be if you were King? I know I would. My throne would need an extension.

kadamontaga
02-27-2003, 06:39 PM
Here's a pic of the Helms Deep 5-pack: http://www.alteredstatesmag.com/gallery/view_photo.php?set_albumName=tf2k3-toy-biz-lotr&id=LOTR_Helms_Deep_2

Theoden is actually holding his helmet, so it looks like he will come with one for sure.
Am I right in thinking Gimli has lost his cloak?

jpak001
02-27-2003, 09:59 PM
Oh wow, I didn't notice that before. Looks like it is the exact same thing as the carded one. That's great news to me, now I know not to buy the single one. :) The Gimli cloak thing doesn't surprise me, it'll make people still want to buy the two pack or single card versions :greedy:

I notice Gimli's helmet is on the ground in front of him. Wonder if it will be like that in the actual package?

Thanks for clearing up the Theoden helmet deal!

kool-aid killer
02-28-2003, 08:28 AM
Thanks for posting the link Kadamontaga. Now i will just wait on the aragorn and king theoden helms deep versions.

kadamontaga
02-28-2003, 08:51 AM
No problem :)

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-28-2003, 10:18 AM
Sweet Link, gracias Kadamontaga!!!

I just don't know if i'll buy both that 5 pack and be a nerd completist and buy them all carded too. Why can't TB just release Halidir by himself?!?!?? Which you know they'll do eventually!!! grrrrrrrr!! Time to donate that extra kidney. :D

Darth Sidious
02-28-2003, 07:38 PM
YES!!!!!! I got a Prologue Elf at WM today...With cape! It is bloody awesome. All of its weapons and armor are incredible, although his sword is a tad bendy. The detail of this figure is beautiful, as is the gold paint. I wish everyone else luck in finding this figure, because it is incredible. :)

Prince Xizor
03-01-2003, 06:38 PM
I can't tell for sure, but I think that Legolas in the 5-Pack is the super-skateboarding action one. Differant hair and cape. I think.

figrin bran
03-01-2003, 07:34 PM
yes!!! i got only helm's deep aragorn today :(
series 3 had better turn up at TRU and Target soon.

Jayspawn
03-02-2003, 01:23 AM
I picked up Grima Wormtonge, Theoden and Eomer today at Wal-Mart. I missed my chance to get them earlier but a box was put out today. Wohoo!

Prince Xizor
03-02-2003, 06:36 PM
Jayspawn, maybe you can tell what the hell that blue spike thing that comes with Grima is. I can't tell for the life of me, and I threw out the box, so I don't know if it says it on there.

jpak001
03-02-2003, 07:33 PM
Hey Xizor, I remeber thinking the same thing when I bought it. I don't think the box said anything. Guess it's just some sort of akward weapon.

jjreason
03-02-2003, 08:45 PM
I wonder myself, though I haven't bought this figure.

Any one have any luck finding Riders of Rohan from that Eomer/Grima wave? It seems like none came here at all, even though we've had at least 3 cases of that assortment.

Jayspawn
03-03-2003, 05:54 PM
I have not been able to figure out what that blue-cone looking thing is that Wormtonge comes with. I can't only guess that its some kind of knife. It doesn't say on the box what it's supposed to be.

kool-aid killer
03-04-2003, 07:53 AM
I found my rohan soldier awhile ago. I last seen one on Saturday but in all honesty ive seen more Legolases than him. Yesterday i was able to get another prologue elf at walmart. I think its the capeless version. I agree the blue thing Grima has is a knife of some sort.

jjreason
03-04-2003, 08:29 AM
I wonder what the concept behind making the builders short packed is? Odd.

jpak001
03-04-2003, 10:02 AM
Yeah, I was wondering the same thing... We get a million Aragorns & Frodos & only one Prologue Elf.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-04-2003, 11:56 AM
heheheheheheheehe I found all of wave 3, but I have yet to find ANY of the Wave 5 builders. They're popping up at wally worlds, so i'll just keep my eyes peeled.

For those of you who still can't hunt down Sauron, etoys has him again!

http://www.etoys.com/genProduct.html/PID/2142119/ctid/17

Cheers!! :D

jpak001
03-04-2003, 02:29 PM
The wave 5 builders have been hitting KB toys for the last few weeks, you checked there yet JMG?

Happy hunting! :)

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-04-2003, 05:27 PM
Jpak001- sadly, here in Athens, we only have 1 wal-mart and the nearest KB is in columbus and i only make it up there every so often. I got my spring break in a few weeks, and cols will feel the wrath of the collector known as JMG!! tehehhee :D

jpak001
03-05-2003, 10:53 AM
Looks like KB has the 11 inch Gollum for pre-order. I'd like to get one, but I don't really care for the idea of a figure that's not in scale with any other lines.

I love the interchangeable head thing!

http://www.kbtoys.com/genProduct.html?PID=2265639&ctid=17&ls=toys

jpak001
03-05-2003, 02:21 PM
Heads up: Wave 3 is hitting TRU. I just found a fresh case of wave 3, got my Galadriel and caped Prologue Elf!!! WOOOHOOO!

Check your TRU's, the stock guy said it came in yesterdays truck.
Good luck!

jpak001
03-05-2003, 11:06 PM
Found this at RTM. Outer Reaches is getting large quantities of the Prologue Elf for pre-order due to arrive in May ($9.99 ea). This may be the way to go for you army builders out there since he's only packed one per case.

I bought some Marvel Legends figs from them before. It took a little while to arrive, but they did show up and were packed very well.

http://www.toymania.com/news/messages/3086.shtml

CrunchyNug
03-06-2003, 01:40 AM
YES!!! I just pre-orderd four Elves. Nice call jpak001. Thanks for the heads-up. Now I can relax, and save my $$$ that I would have spent on filling my gastank searching for this one per case figure. ($2.00 / gallon here in L.A.)

kool-aid killer
03-06-2003, 07:33 AM
I last went to Walmart on Tuesday and they had a rack full of LOTR figures. I seen about five Galadriels, six or seven Prologue Elves, and tons of Aragorns, Ringwraiths, Frodo, and Merry and Pippens. Im still searching for them lousy army builders. I hope a Gollum like the 11 inch kind is made for the 6 inch figures with interchangeable heads. It just seems like it would be better than a bendy kind. Im worried that with time the bendy will get stiff or something. Anybody know how long ToyBiz plans on making LOTR toys?

Prince Xizor
03-06-2003, 06:21 PM
They Have been found at Walmart and TRU??

Can't talk... off to the mall....

Jayspawn
03-07-2003, 10:16 AM
I think Series 3 has shown up at KB and Wal-Mart so far. I hope they arrive alsewhere soon, it's a great wave.

CrunchyNug
03-07-2003, 05:09 PM
I saw the remnants of Series 3 at a Los Angeles TRU today. There were only a few Aragorn and Frodo w/ light-up Sting figures left. Start checking your local TRU's now too.

Darth Sidious
03-07-2003, 07:45 PM
Got my HD Aragorn today, and he is great, despite the slightly inaccurate likeness. His Elven Dagger is included, which I was extremely grateful for. I have him in a truly awesome pose right now, I'll post it later if anyone wants to see. :)

kadamontaga
03-08-2003, 05:50 AM
I want to see!

jpak001
03-08-2003, 01:46 PM
Yeah, show us please! Mine is posed in a ok position, I'd love to see what you've done! :)

Darth Sidious
03-08-2003, 03:14 PM
Well it is actually a rather simple pose, but I still think it looks pretty cool.

kadamontaga
03-08-2003, 03:23 PM
Looking good Darth Sidious. I hadn't thought of that pose before :)

I like to have mine with his sword sheathed, right-hand gripping the hilt and left hand resting on the scabbard.

Darth Sidious
03-08-2003, 04:18 PM
I tried your pose, and I really like it! I am still keeping him in this pose however, I always like as many weapons drawn as possible. :)

jjreason
03-08-2003, 04:28 PM
That Aragorn looks much, much better. Good job again, Toy Biz!

Darth Sidious
03-08-2003, 08:22 PM
Yes, doesn't he though? No weird gapped teeth, no sad droopy eyes, no FREAKING SHOULDER THAT COMES OUT OF HIS SIDE :D. And the gimmick really could be much worse. It does limit posability though, I could do so many more poses with him (I. e. holding his sword in front of himself to intimidate enemies) if there was no gimmick. Oh well, I really have no room to complain about a great figure like this. I like the chainmail, I am in love with the Elven Dagger, and lucky me! Although the sword is bendy, mine is extremely straight. Keep making figures like this, Toybiz, and you will keep your customers. :)

EDIT: Also, although people on some Forums complain about his likeness, and even though I DID say it was slightly inaccurate, I still really think it is pretty damned good. One of the best Aragorn/Strider faces to date if you ask me. :)

jpak001
03-09-2003, 03:30 AM
Looks great Sidious. I like the way he's holding that elven dagger. I too was extremely happy they included it with the figure, especially with that cool little sheath to put it in!

Thanks for posting the pic!

Prince Xizor
03-09-2003, 03:20 PM
That Aragorn is leaps and bounds ahead of the other single release Aragorns Toy Biz has released. But I don't think it is a better sculpt then the Aragorn w/ Brego.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-09-2003, 04:45 PM
Great shot!! I do love how the Uruk hai dude is just sitting there stretching while Aragorn is stabbing him!!! Great King my arse!!!!! No sightings of wave 5 for me yet, but spring break is around the corner. The possiblities are limitless...well, as far as a tank of gas can get me at least. :D

Jayspawn
03-09-2003, 09:12 PM
I think the Helm's Deep Aragorn has a great likeness to Viggo. The only thing missing is a little stubble.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-13-2003, 11:39 AM
For those of you wondering (myself included) what the deal is with the "talking" gollum, check out this video that Green Dragon posted, wlel linked too. The audio on the thing is bad, so i would like to assume the actual voice on gollum is better

http://www.action-figure.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=VideoBank&file=index&id=4

cheers! :D

kool-aid killer
03-14-2003, 08:38 AM
I dont know if this is going on at your local Targets but yesterday i went in just to look for new toys and a came across a Ringwraith with Horse for $4.24 on clearance. I snatched it up without hesitation. So check your stores and see if this is going on there.

Jayspawn
03-14-2003, 09:46 AM
Here's the lowdown in the Talking Gollum, from what I've gathered. He's 11" tall, has 2 interchangable heads, and has a talking base which says a few Gollum isms. The SRP is supposed to be about $19.99.

I think it sounds promising. I hope he's actually articulated instead of being a big bendy.

Prince Xizor
03-14-2003, 02:05 PM
Hey Hey! American Dream Comics just posted three kinda new pics. They are of the new Smeagol, 8" Treebeard, and Prologue Bilbo.

I am lovin' that Smeagol!

kool-aid killer
03-18-2003, 08:12 AM
This topic has been kind of slow recently so ive got a question and eagerly await to hear what you say. My LOTR collection is taking up too much space. I would like to keep them carded while i still live with my parents but due to their unusual card they dont store very well. Should i open them and throw them in Ziploc bags or should i leave them like they are? I know opening them would be wisest but its kind of cool to see them all together in their package.

kadamontaga
03-18-2003, 08:32 AM
I think that if you're not going to have them out (on display) you may as well keep them carded. Opening them up and then storing them will just create oppurtunity for damaged/lost accessories and delicate costume pieces.

Jayspawn
03-19-2003, 11:17 AM
I open up ALL my Lord of the RIngs figures and display them. They look neat in the package but look better accessorized and posed with eachother.

CrunchyNug
03-20-2003, 03:16 AM
I am definitely an opener. See how much fun you can have with your figures OUT OF THE PACKAGE...

CrunchyNug
03-20-2003, 03:18 AM
Here's some more. BEHOLD THE FREE WARRIORS...

kool-aid killer
03-20-2003, 08:13 AM
Stinking CrunchyNug, youve got quite a collection. Both those pictures look awesome. Im thinking (thanks for the advice) that i will open them up over the weekend. I recently saw traveling Bilbo on a TT card at kaybee and was just wondering if anybody knew what wave he comes in. I wanted to get him but he was 9 bucks and id hate to see him at walmart for 7 a few days later. With those two dollars i would save i could buy yummy walmart doughnuts.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-20-2003, 10:27 AM
Man o man Crunchy, you scored the lot of Prolog Elves!! and two legolases?!!?! I don't remember two of him in the movie, that's sooooooooooooooo inaccurate! ;)

Great pics though, i truly enjoyed them.

Kool Aid- I don't think Bilbo has an official wave, he's just kinda tossed around..i would HIGHLY recommend you get him if you see him again, he's a tough find. cheers! :D

Jayspawn
03-20-2003, 12:09 PM
Sooo CrunchyNug is the reason I can't find 1 Prologue Elf!!! Just kidding. Hopefully I'll find one sometime. :rolleyes:

Darth Sidious
03-21-2003, 07:28 PM
Got a Ringwraith with Horse today, and it is definitely one of my favorites. They just get better and better...

jjreason
03-21-2003, 08:16 PM
Crunchy - those pics are amazing. Well done! I hope wave 3 shows up here soon (man that sounds PATHETIC!!!!!).

JJR

jpak001
03-21-2003, 09:07 PM
Awesome stuff 'nug!

Prince Xizor
03-22-2003, 03:58 AM
Where on Earth did you find all those Prologue Elf's?

QLD
03-26-2003, 06:01 PM
I finally found Helms Deep Aragorn and Twilight Ringwraith today. I still need to find Galadriel and Prologue Elf........

And god forbid I actually find a Elrond or Bilbo for a decent price.....

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-26-2003, 07:02 PM
I finally scored the Moria Orc last night!!! I guess wally world had JUST put out a case of wave 5 and there he was. This makes me officially caught up on the LOTR figures. Now, just to wait patiently for wave 4......(whistles thoughtfully) :D

Darth Sidious
03-26-2003, 07:46 PM
Good. :) I am glad the new wave is starting to come out. By the way, how does everyone like my new avatar? It's from ROTK.

jpak001
03-27-2003, 01:59 AM
I saw a few new figs tonight at Frank and Sons (a local collector show). They had The Legolas (w/rolling shield), armored Theoden, and Sam in Mordor. I know Gollum is in that wave too, they must've sold out of him before I got there...

That must mean they're right around the corner at regular retail for us!

Oh yeah, dig the new avatar Sidious! That image is from ROTK huh? Pretty cool!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-27-2003, 02:32 AM
I like the new avatar!!! Oh, b.t.w- the Two Towers wave 6 has been kicked into the ROTK figures, so i believe that when wave 4 is out, this is for TTT assortment, aside from some random crap.

So, that means, we got:
wave 4
Legolas (helms deep)
gollum
Sam (mordor)
King Theoden (armor)
Twilight Frodo

and then that wacky 5 pack.....question, is the reissue of Gimli still a go? i heard boromir got cancelled, so i'm curious.....Happy hunting! :D

Jayspawn
03-27-2003, 11:44 AM
There hasn't been any new LOTR figures in my area for at least a few months. We've been having a lot of snow storms latley on top of a bad economy. I'm starting to go mad looking for a Prologue Elf and Galadriel.

At least Gollum and Sam will be showing up soon.

"Oh yes we could. Give it to us raw and wwwiiggling!" - Gollum

Brainiak76
04-01-2003, 03:01 AM
Just waiting for series 4 now!!! theres tons of reports of wave 4 in certain areas and its kidna weird cause its spread out in the us not just on the east coast and trickling toward the west its all over!!

I feel kinda bad that some peeps havent gotten ser3 yet!! I have to admit though that ser3 in my area came and went..im glad i hit up a wallyworld the day they stocked em or i would have never found PLE & Galadriel...

I Have an extra PLE & Galadriel...all i need from LOTR is FOTR bilbo and bk uruk..i would luv to trade for either of these! I also need a bunch of potj, some ep1, and alot of the new 03 saga figs...if anyones interested LMK, email me or PM me THANX

keep those series 4 reports coming!

Jayspawn
04-01-2003, 09:19 AM
My Gollum order has shipped out, it should be here soon. Wohoo!

Amy
04-03-2003, 12:43 AM
I just scored a Gollum and Legolas tonight:)!!!!! My only complaint is Legolas cant really hold his sword too well in his left hand, but other then thats its fantastic:)

Brainiak76
04-03-2003, 02:20 AM
:eek: :eek: Im Soo jealous!!!

where you located at? did you get em at walmart?

DANG i cant wait for these new ones!!

Amy
04-03-2003, 06:45 AM
Yeah I got them at Wal-Mart in Oklahoma:) Here is Gollum...

Amy
04-03-2003, 06:46 AM
Dang, poor loittle guy:(

Amy
04-03-2003, 06:50 AM
ok last one lol. This has pretty cool lighting, which is from my monitor.:) Guys this figure rules. He of course is a bendy figure yet....he dont have any breathe holes like other bendies!:eek: :cool:

I am soooo pleased with him:) Hey Brian, you wont have any trouble finding him when he hits. There was 8 Gollums there, I kid you not. I thought about getting more then one.:greedy:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-03-2003, 08:21 AM
nice pics amy!! that Gollum rules! i'm anxiously awaiting wave 4 here in Ohio...i just hope i can score a TWilight Frodo...1 to every 6 cases!!! argh!! cheers! :D

Jayspawn
04-03-2003, 09:02 AM
The army builder wave just got stocked at TRU. I STILL have not found Prologue Elf or Galadriel. Stores have been starting to restock- but it's figures we already have along with Sting Frodo, HD Aragorn and Twilight Wraith.

All I want a Prologue Elf and Galadriel!

Oh, I didn't get it but I found a whole bunch of repackaged Traveling Bilbo at Wal-Mart.

Jayspawn
04-04-2003, 02:38 AM
My Gollum figure arrived in the mail today. I've been looking forward to this figure for a while. Here's my thoughts...

The Good The sculpt on the figure is great. Good facial expression. He' pretty pale as in the movie with some scuffs and dirt marks. His rock base is cool, he stands on it very well. The voice effect is ammusing- sounds good.

The Bad He doesn't pose very well at all. Making this figure a bendy was a mistake. He can't crouch down (as he is most of the time) or hold anything with one or both of his hands. He stands one way. His arms can bend forward or out like a 'T'. Thats it. The talking base is his only accessory.

All-in-all It's really up to you if you want to get this figure. I don't think it's anything spectacular. It would be a 100% better if it was actually articulated. ToyBiz could save the figure by doing so. The fact is, is that the figure can't do much. It's just - a bendy.

Brainiak76
04-04-2003, 04:00 AM
dont worry TB is coming out with an articulated gollum/smegol in the ROTK line!!:D :D

I CANT WAIT FOR ROTK&EPIII:crazed: :D :crazed: :D :crazed: :D

Jayspawn
04-04-2003, 10:49 AM
If thats true, then thats fine. The one we're getting now can due till then I suppose.

Amy
04-04-2003, 12:36 PM
I have never really tried to bend Gollum all that much since I ipen and display, but I think he looks wonderful. Do any of you guys plan to put your LOTR collection in the "members collections"? I just did, and I would like to see others:)

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-04-2003, 12:43 PM
Amy, if you find an extra Twilight Frodo for yours truly, you will make a bestest friend for life!! :D

I'm at school now, so i can't do much hunting unless we're making a beer run to Wally World. The odds of me finding a Frodo right now are slim to nill. Curse you Toy Biz!

Amy
04-04-2003, 03:03 PM
Sure Jedi_Master_Guyute:) This is one figure I wont be picking up for myself, so the first one I find is yours. To anyone out there, I need a PLE,Galadriel,Gandalf from FOTR,Frodo from FOTR:).

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-04-2003, 03:13 PM
Amy, i thanks ya!!!! I'm hoping to pick up the wave 4 on my own as i've had good luck so far, but i just know this figure is going to be a HUGE pain to get.

I'll keep my eyes peeled for the PLE, Galadriel and the two Fellowship figures though. Thanks again! cheers! :D

Brainiak76
04-04-2003, 04:25 PM
sorry hate to steal your TLF jedi master but amy if you find a another TLF i have an extra galadriel and PLE for you to choose from..so i guess if you find two then ship it my way!

Amy
04-04-2003, 04:47 PM
OK if I find a second one its your Brian:)

kool-aid killer
04-05-2003, 02:22 PM
Anybody know when the Helms Deep five pack is due out and how much it will run for? Right now all i can find are Aragorns, Frodos and Twilight Ringwraiths and i am so tired of seeing King Theoden.

Brainiak76
04-05-2003, 03:18 PM
july/aug!

not sure bout the price though!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-05-2003, 05:18 PM
lol I agree Kool-Aid, the last 3 targets i went to, ALL they had was Theoden. I nearly screamed.

I believe the 5-pack is priced somewhere in the 30 dollar range. Once i scrounge up the link i'll post it. Cheers! :D

kool-aid killer
04-10-2003, 01:01 PM
I just finally found the army builder wave. There wasnt any Moria Orc so i just bought Ugluk and will go back for Grishnak later. I was disappointed in their choice to use the Ringwraith from the horse and rider set instead of the one that came in the FOTR package though. I too hope im lucky enough to find a Twilight Frodo.

Brainiak76
04-10-2003, 01:50 PM
i actually agree with that choice! I think the FOTR wraith looked better, but it was the witch King! And the repacks from the horse and rider were just regular wraiths! So i think it was a good move on TB's part! now if i could only afford to buy nine of them!:D

Brainiak76
04-10-2003, 01:52 PM
also in Nor CA i found series 4!

No TLF or HD gimli but everyone else was there!

Gollum and theoden in armor were the best figs in the wave!

Sam looks ok buts a repack(kinda) and so is HD legolas(kinda)

Jayspawn
04-10-2003, 01:54 PM
I found Sam, Legolas, Gollum and Armored Theodden at KB this afternoon. Sam was the only one I got, the rest are ok looking.

Still no sign of Galadriel or Prologue Elf.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-10-2003, 05:11 PM
I picked up Sam, Gollum and Twilight Frodo a few nights ago in columbus. Very nice!!! Still hunting for Legolas and Theoden though. Cheers! :D

Brainiak76
04-10-2003, 05:51 PM
Jedi_Master_Guyute ...

YOU FOUND A TLF??? WOW!! WHAT STORE?

Woudl you be able to keep a look out for another one for me? I can get you legolas and theoden! or i have lots to trade or cash! LMK!! THANX

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-10-2003, 08:37 PM
Brainiak76- I picked him up at a Wal-mart on the west side of Columbus, OH. and sure, yeah, i can pick up an extra one, if i do stumble across one. Keep your eyes on Wally Worlds though, there was one reported at the store i found mine at a few days earlier, which is why i kept calling and bugging them to death about it.

Also, Toybiz took down pics of the HD Gimli, so odds are, aside from him being in the HD 5-pack, he won't be released by himself.
But i'll keep my eyes peeled for an extra Twilight Frodo for ya. Cheers!! :D

kool-aid killer
04-10-2003, 09:19 PM
Hey Amy, i got a Galadriel i can trade. Look at my thread in the trading section.
Cool find, jedi master guyute. My walmarts are overrun with Frodos and now the lady in the toy area is starting to roll her eyes when she sees me.

Brainiak76
04-11-2003, 02:25 AM
Jedi_Master_Guyute

I have both of the ones you need right now!!

I got theoden in armor and HD legolas for you! So the sooner you can find a TLF the sooner you can get one of these, maybe both! will see!

LMK ASAP!

Darth Sidious
04-11-2003, 04:37 PM
Got an Easterling at WM today, I love it. It's really a beautiful figure. The Luminara Unduli of the LOTR line (Without the pre-posing!). :D Not much besides that except for a few Rohan Armor Legolases, but I have him. Overall, it was a good hunt. :)

Brainiak76
04-11-2003, 06:16 PM
any sign of series 4? in your area?

Prince Xizor
04-11-2003, 07:29 PM
I got Gollum today. My Toy Works had at least 15 of the little guy. Pretty Cool toy! Doesn't bend as much as I would like, but still very cool.

figrin bran
04-11-2003, 10:14 PM
i got gollum at tru today. they only had 3 though and all the rest of series 4 had been taken.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-12-2003, 12:08 AM
Brainiak- Sweet, thanks for the pickup!! I'll keep my eyes peeled for Twilight Frodo, so keep a hold on HD Legolas and Theoden. I'll let ya know if i pick any up, and don't worry, even if i do score a Leg and Theo, you'll still get the first Twilight Frodo i stumble across. cheers!! :D

jpak001
04-12-2003, 01:17 AM
Right on, scored most of series 4 (all except for TLF :( ) Pretty nice figs! I'm pleasantly surprised with how good Gollum looks next to my oter LOTR figs. Also very happy with this new Sam. Definitely the best version of him yet! :)

Brainiak76
04-12-2003, 02:02 AM
NP Jedi_Master_Guyute LMK ASAP if you can find one! Are you goin go on a toy run anytime soon? THANX!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-12-2003, 02:20 AM
No, not really. I'm at school now, so the only way i can get figures is if friends/family stumble upon some. I'll be home next weekend and plan to hunt.

Also, if you find one of those curse'd Harry Potter DUELING MALFOY figures, SNAG him up too. I can't find him anywhere. Thanks!!

Amy
04-12-2003, 09:49 PM
LOL, Iwent a little army crazy when I found these at Wal-Mart today:p. Sad thing is, I'm not done lol.

Brainiak76
04-12-2003, 10:13 PM
nice! i like the berserker ALOT!! great sculpt

Jayspawn
04-13-2003, 12:54 AM
Yeah, the beserker is a cool figure.

Hey Amy, is your Cave Troll's face rotting yet?

Amy
04-13-2003, 02:18 AM
Rotting? No, I hope it never does lol. Is that a oroblem with Cave Trolls?

Brainiak76
04-13-2003, 04:32 AM
jsut dont keep touchin the face! i think it prob has something to do with oily fingers and moisture! Be careful!!

jpak001
04-13-2003, 05:08 AM
Yeah, my cave trolls face has little cracks in it now... Really stinks, I know it wasn't like that when I bought it.. :(

Nice setup Amy!

Amy
04-13-2003, 05:33 PM
Ohhh ok, I had no idea! I dont touch him much, and its never by the face. And I agree with others about the berserker's skulpt, it soooo rules:)

jpak001
04-13-2003, 10:26 PM
A while ago, someone posted instructions on how to make a customized orc archer. I finally got around to doing it, but don't remember who it was. So whoever you were, thanks!! :)

Here's my archer. Pretty easy custom, basically just ripping off all the Moira orcs armor and giving him the orc warrior's bow and arrows, but when stood side by side with the Moira orc, they do look totally different. I plan on doing a little touch up with some paint later:

Amy
04-14-2003, 12:02 AM
WOW that looks great! nice job!:)

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-14-2003, 12:57 AM
If anybody still needs that lil' creaton, the Moria orc is at amazon.com. Cheers!! :D

jpak001
04-14-2003, 12:58 AM
Thanks!

kadamontaga
04-15-2003, 06:39 PM
Howdy,
My review of Gollum for 'Michael's Review of the Week' is now up, including pics.
See: http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_041603a.htm Any and all comments are welcome.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-15-2003, 08:29 PM
Nice Review Kadamontaga!!! My pops picked up an extra Gollum for me a few nights ago and i can't to bust that bad boy out. I agree with your problem with Toybiz not including any accessories or whatnot, but i'll take this figure nonetheless...a dead fish, man, that would've been gold.

Also, i nearly wet my pants due to laughing at the pics of him with your cell phone, w/ Yoda, maggie and that woman from Futurama. Thanks for the review!! Cheers!! :D

jpak001
04-15-2003, 09:37 PM
Thanks for the review!! I agree with all your points. I dig the Gollum figure. But since the muscles tweak unaturally when bent, poseability is extremely limited.

I do love the way it looks with the other figs though, it almost seems like CG or something:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-15-2003, 09:49 PM
Awwww, poor Bilbo back there, trying to enjoy the party in his package!!! (tear for Bilbo) :D

jpak001
04-15-2003, 10:10 PM
Bilbo wasn't invited to the open-me-up party. Maybe someday he'll be able to hang with the cool kids, but for now...... It's plastic prison!

Prince Xizor
04-15-2003, 10:51 PM
Found Series 5 today at Walmart today. About time too, because I was getting to the point where I was going to pay an extra 2 or 3 bucks to get it at KB. Only one case was put out, but that was enough for me.

CrunchyNug
04-16-2003, 12:18 AM
My local KB had about 8 Gollum figures this afternoon. No sign of anyone else from series 4. I wouldn't call him a peg-warmer just yet, but other than series 1 Theoden, I haven't seen that many of one figure hanging around in a while. I just love this little guy.

Jayspawn
04-16-2003, 12:36 AM
My KB has had HD Legolas, Theoden, and lots of Gollums for a week or so now- not selling. Not good. The Gollum figure still sucks.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-16-2003, 12:41 AM
I can't find a HD Legolas or King Theoden armor around here to save my life. The hell?!! Send some of those badboys my way!! :D

kadamontaga
04-16-2003, 03:37 AM
Thanks a lot for the comments guys :D

Amy
04-16-2003, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute
I can't find a HD Legolas or King Theoden armor around here to save my life. The hell?!! Send some of those badboys my way!! :D

Same here. I have been looking everywhere for you, but I just cant seem to find the blasted things:(.

Prince Xizor
04-17-2003, 11:28 PM
Just found series 5 again. This time at Toys R Us, they had a ton of them. But the greedy b**tards up the price! They now match KB's at 8.99! AGH!

Also noticed something else... Their was one Eomer there that must have been from Canada, it was in French and English. There was no other ones there, just that one. Now I live in western Mass, and its no easy drive to Canada to buy a figure then drive back to return it here. Weird...

Amy
04-18-2003, 12:33 AM
Did you see a moria orc? I cant seem to find the evil buggers.

Jayspawn
04-18-2003, 10:10 AM
A couple of my stores stocked up (FINALLY!) on Armored Theoden, Gollum, HD Legolas and Sam. Looks like they COMPLETELY skipped the Prologue Elf and Galadriel wave. But thats ok because mine are coming in the mail.

kool-aid killer
04-18-2003, 11:13 AM
I only seen the army building wave once but the moria orc was gone and i passed on Grishnak to get Ugluk but when i went back for Grishnak he was gone. But i fear not because i have a feeling he and whichever hobbit he comes with in the two pack will go on sale one day. Now those things are peg warmers.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-18-2003, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Amy
Same here. I have been looking everywhere for you, but I just cant seem to find the blasted things:(.

hehehehehe I hella appreciate the effort, Amy! :D

I'm at home now in Troy (30 miles north of Dayton, OH) and due to this curse'd viral chest infection thing i acquired, i couldn't sleep. So, i got out of bed at 7 am, and called like 6 wal-marts in the area...nobody had ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!! I even called a few KB's in dayton, and nothing!!! I'm going to hunt as soon as I get my strength back, and if i can't find those two dudes, i'm ebaying them or something. It's killin' me!! K, nuff babblin'...sleep time..cheers!! ;)

Darth Sidious
04-18-2003, 04:11 PM
viral chest infection thing i acquired

Is it SARS? Nooooooo! Erm...heh...anyway, I found the army builder wave at TRU and got a Berserker. I never had one before. It rocks.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-18-2003, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by Darth Sidious
Is it SARS? Nooooooo! Erm...heh...anyway, I found the army builder wave at TRU and got a Berserker. I never had one before. It rocks.

Nah, no SARS, but i appreciate your concern for my well being.....have a nice day! :D

Did some more calling around to more Wally Worlds and KB's in the area, still, nothing. So close to just buying those two figures online. Argh!! Cheers!!! :D

jjreason
04-18-2003, 08:59 PM
I just had great luck at my comic store, got the new black Ringwraith, Berzerker Uruk Hai and HD Legolas for 12.95 (CDN) each - 4 cents per figure LESS than WalMart! Big props to COMIC BOOK COLLECTOR, London Ontario's oldest and best comic store. (There you go, Tim!). They also had Gollum which I passed on. Getting home and looking at the packages I wish I'd asked for the Gimli figure from that wave, looks like a good one.

Brainiak76
04-18-2003, 09:12 PM
no gimli repack! just in the HD 5-pack this summer!

kool-aid killer
04-18-2003, 09:18 PM
I saw a ton of those figures (HD legolas, sam, King Theoden in his armor, Gollum) but no Twilight Frodo on Wed. Theyll roll around in your neck of the woods eventually (i hope) What do you guys think would make cool 2 packs? I think a Rohan soldier (new face sculpt) and a Uruk hai in armor would be cool.

Prince Xizor
04-19-2003, 02:51 AM
A good two pack would be a Twilight Ringwraith and Twlight Frodo, I really think they should have done that instead of releasing the two figures seperate.

Amy
04-19-2003, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Prince Xizor
A good two pack would be a Twilight Ringwraith and Twlight Frodo, I really think they should have done that instead of releasing the two figures seperate.

Word. I agree with that.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-19-2003, 05:30 PM
FINALLY got a King Theoden Armor and Helms Deep Legolas today at Meijer of all places!! I haven't seen new toy stock there in MONTHS!!! I knew the Force had a purpose in drawing me there. ;)

So, if my calculations are correct, aside from the Helms Deep 5-pack (which i guess is internet only??) i have a full set of the Two Towers figures!!! Man, this is quite an accomplishment in the realm of nerdery for me. I'd like to thank Pepsi and hostess whose delicious beverages and snacks keep me fueled on those drives. I'd also like to thank US bank for making quality checking cards that can withstand hundreds of swipes and being man handled by numerous cashiers and lastly, i'd like to thank Radiohead, Sigur Ros, Zwan, Gorillaz, Coldplay and the countless other bands who kept me going and whose music keep me uplifted on those nights when nothing is found. It's my pleasure, thank you. :D

(JMG begins to exit stage left, but is redirected by the stage model to stage right........he blushes, smiles and waves)

jpak001
04-19-2003, 06:03 PM
Right on JMG! All I need is the Twilight Frodo and I'll be right there with ya!

Prince Xizor
04-20-2003, 02:51 PM
I'm jealous. Really jealous.

I still need a Prologe Elf, Twilight Frodo, Galadriel, HD Theoden, and Bilbo.

Not Fair.

figrin bran
04-20-2003, 10:37 PM
i'm jealous too. i listen to alot of the same bands JMG listens to and i still need prologue elf and galadriel. i even found armored theoden before those two.

jpak001
04-21-2003, 12:17 AM
No doubt, Prologue Elf and Galadriel are definitely HTF. Only reason I have mine is because I happend to get lucky and find a new unopened case at TRU.

I'm sure they'll be around though, that case is still shipping to stores. :)

The twilight Frodo on the other hand, good luck scoring that sucker at retail! Isn't it like 1 per six cases or something like that? Man, I really want one of those guys too.......

Amy
04-21-2003, 06:57 PM
FINALLY got a King Theoden Armor and Helms Deep Legolas today at Meijer of all places!! I haven't seen new toy stock there in MONTHS!!! I knew the Force had a purpose in drawing me there. ;)

So, if my calculations are correct, aside from the Helms Deep 5-pack (which i guess is internet only??) i have a full set of the Two Towers figures!!! Man, this is quite an accomplishment in the realm of nerdery for me. I'd like to thank Pepsi and hostess whose delicious beverages and snacks keep me fueled on those drives. I'd also like to thank US bank for making quality checking cards that can withstand hundreds of swipes and being man handled by numerous cashiers and lastly, i'd like to thank Radiohead, Sigur Ros, Zwan, Gorillaz, Coldplay and the countless other bands who kept me going and whose music keep me uplifted on those nights when nothing is found. It's my pleasure, thank you. :D

(JMG begins to exit stage left, but is redirected by the stage model to stage right........he blushes, smiles and waves)

Sweet!!!!!!!!! And after I get the PLE and Galadriel, mine will be complete as well(minus only the elf archer two-pack) :)

Darth Sidious
04-22-2003, 09:20 PM
Got a Grima Wormtongue and a MORIA ORC (!!!) yesterday when I was on vacation at Gettysburg. They freaking rule. If anyone wants to read my peg-climbing story, go to lordoftheringsguide.com forums and read the Peg climbing/Hidden orcses story started by Strider (Me) ! :D

figrin bran
04-22-2003, 11:00 PM
if you hurry, you can order Galadriel from amazon.com!

PEW's sold out earlier apparently...

QLD
04-22-2003, 11:46 PM
dangit! I missed it!

Jayspawn
04-23-2003, 12:26 AM
I went to get Galadriel and PEW as soon as I got the email and they werere both gone. Grr!

Bosskman
04-23-2003, 05:42 PM
I just picked up Gollum, Sam (Mordor), Theoden (Armored), and Legolas (Helm's Deep) at TRU in Moncton NB, Canada. They're all cool but GOLLUM RULES!!!!!!!!

DarthBrandon
04-23-2003, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by Bosskman
I just picked up Gollum, Sam (Mordor), Theoden (Armored), and Legolas (Helm's Deep) at TRU in Moncton NB, Canada. They're all cool but GOLLUM RULES!!!!!!!!

What about the new Aragorn (Helm's Deep) is he out yet?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-23-2003, 06:15 PM
Brandon- Yeah, he's part of wave 3 which has been in stores since Feb, roughly. HH! :D

Darth Cruel
04-23-2003, 08:30 PM
JMG - Do you have Twilight Frodo as well? And where did you find him?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-23-2003, 08:34 PM
DC- I found him at a wal-mart in columbus, OH. The wal-mart had it a few days previous and i kept calling calling them and one day they had him and held him for me. HH!! :D

DarthBrandon
04-23-2003, 08:42 PM
Brandon- Yeah, he's part of wave 3 which has been in stores since Feb, roughly. HH! :D

Cool JMG, I have yet to see him here in Canada.:D

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-23-2003, 10:33 PM
Ah, then just take a brief trip to your neighbor to hte south, cause he's EVERYWHERE i've been to hunting for toys. we'll gladly ship a few extra CASES of him to you fellas if things get worse for you collectors up north! :D

Bosskman
04-23-2003, 10:38 PM
Brandon, I've seen him at TRU in both Saint John and Moncton. I saw him TODAY in Moncton but you might want to try the one in Saint John before you come up here. I got him at Gamezilla here in Moncton on Mountain Road a few months ago. I think they still have him there too but I don't know for sure.

Brainiak76
04-24-2003, 04:03 AM
can someone pick one up for me?? i have lots to trade or willing to pay..LMK ASAP!! THANX IN ADVANCE EVERYONE!!

kool-aid killer
04-24-2003, 09:31 PM
I finally got a Boromir vs. Lurtz from FOTR. Many thanks to fellow forum member Darth Cruel for helping me out. As for the more recent LOTR figures i have yet to find the Moria Orc. Are the newer figures (Armored Theoden, Sam, Legolas etc.) the last wave for this year or will more be coming out?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-24-2003, 09:33 PM
KAK- no, this is at as far as TTT figures goes. Aside from the Helms Deep 5 pack, this is for the Two Towers figures. HH! :D

kool-aid killer
04-24-2003, 09:51 PM
That kind of sucks but in a way its cool too. Sucks that i wont have any more LOTR figures to look for but cool that i can focus on getting Star Wars toys that i had previously missed.